Home
Read on yahoo - can't copy it here - that he claims the church in Fl. is putting our troops in danger .
The pastor at the church hasn't burned one quran yet. But various muslims are already burning his effigy and the American flag. They are throwing rocks at us in Afghanistan. Seems like they never miss an opportunity to berate us. Quite a religion of peace.

It is also covered on DRUDGE.
The Muzzies hate us no matter what, but I do see Petraeus's point. His plate is already full with without having to deal with this. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...3093116.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLTopStories

KABUL�The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan said the planned burning of Qurans on Sept. 11 by a small Florida church could put the lives of American troops in danger and damage the war effort.

Gen. David Petraeus said the Taliban would exploit the demonstration for propaganda purposes, drumming up anger toward the U.S. and making it harder for allied troops to carry out their mission of protecting Afghan civilians.

Protesters stage an anti-U.S. rally in Kabul after an American church says it will burn the Holy Koran on the September 11 anniversary. Video courtesy of Reuters.

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

Hundreds of Afghans attended a demonstration in Kabul on Monday to protest the plans of Florida pastor Terry Jones, who has said he will burn copies of Islam's holy book to mark the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Afghan protesters chanted "death to America," and speakers called on the U.S. to withdraw its troops. Some protesters threw rocks at a passing military convoy.

View Full Image

AFP/Getty Images
Gen. David Petraeus said the planned burning of Qurans on Sept. 11 by a Florida church could put the lives of American troops in danger.

Military officials fear the protests will likely spread to other Afghan cities, especially if the event is broadcast or ends up on Internet video.

Mr. Jones, head of the 50-member Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., said in a statement that "We understand the General's concerns. We are sure that his concerns are legitimate." Nonetheless, he added, "We must send a clear message to the radical element of Islam. We will no longer be controlled and dominated by their fears and threats."

Mr. Jones has been denied a permit for the demonstration, but has said he plans to go forward with the protest.

Rev. Stephanie Sapp, spokeswoman for the center, said no one from the Pentagon or other federal agencies had expressed concern or asked that the event be canceled. She did say that the Federal Bureau of Investigation had discussed security measures.

Pentagon officials said they were not aware that any Defense officials have reached out directly to Mr. Jones. But military officers said they hoped that Gen. Petraeus's statement�an unusual move since military commanders rarely get involved in politics�would convince Mr. Jones to change his plans.

Gen. Petraeus declined to elaborate on the nature of the threats or violence that could occur, but westerners in Afghanistan have been warned away from restaurants and other public places amid the rising tensions.

Other senior military leaders echoed Gen. Petraeus commentsMonday. Lt. Gen. William Caldwell, who oversees the effort to train Afghan security forces said he was informed of the planned Florida protests several days ago by a senior minister in the Afghan government.

Associated Press
Afghans burn an effigy of Mr. Jones during an anti-U.S. demonstration in Kabul on Monday.

More

Muslims Protest Plans to Burn Quran
Gen. Caldwell said many Afghans do not understand either the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment or the fact that President Barack Obama can't simply issue a decree to stop Mr. Jones from his demonstration. Military officials said they were not trying to deny Mr. Jones his right to free speech, but feared he was not thinking about the consequences of his actions.

"There is no question about First Amendment rights; that is not the issue," Gen. Caldwell said. "The question is: What is the implication over here? It is going to jeopardize the men and women serving in Afghanistan."

Zuma Press
Pastor Terry Jones, of the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., says he will burn copies of the Quran

Military officials also fear that if video of the Quran burning is broadcast in Afghanistan, tensions could rise between NATO forces and the Afghan military and police. Allegations of mishandling the Quran have interrupted Afghan security training at least twice this year, Gen. Caldwell said.

In one instance, a Quran fell to the ground when an American officer opened a locker during an inspection of Afghan trainees' barracks. The rumor quickly spread that the officer had thrown it to the ground, angering the trainees at the camp. "He quickly apologized, but rumors took off like wildfire," Gen. Caldwell said. "It was so hard to get the misperception turned around we stopped all training for the rest of the day."

Reports about the Quran have set off violent protests before. A report in Newsweek, later retracted, that a U.S. interrogator at the Guantanamo Bay prison had flushed a Quran down a toilet set off riots in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
Nice thing about this is that it reveals your enemies.
Petraus needs to shut up and do his job - killing muzzies!
Originally Posted by BarryC

Yep. Worrying about the sideshow of one church in a country the size of America is troubling.

I doubt McArthur or Patton dissed Bugs Bunny or Popeye cartoons and the way they ripped the Japanese.

But, they were in a real war.

OOPS...left out the Three Stooges.
i do not agree with the burning of the koran on general principals...

but i do not believe for a second that it will affect our standing in the eyes of the world's islamic population...

our troops are in danger as long as the radical islamics live and have the means to hit us...
Here is the REAL problem :

it harder for allied troops to carry out their mission of protecting Afghan civilians.

Wrong mission .
I don't hold out any hope for the nation building, win their hearts and minds approach.
He is supposed to be fighting to protect our freedom - including the freedom to do things that pizz people off, stupid or not.
the "pastor" in question is obviously a whack job, but I find it troubling that a general is commenting on what the participants believe is a religious observation back in America and how troubling it is. does he find it equally troubling that the Iranians are about to flog an alleged adulteress, before they stone her? might that not inflame anti-islamic sentiments?

do the muzzies have any responsibilities at all not to act like childish psychopaths every time someone does something they don't like?
I'm a lot more in touch with the "It's the anniversary of 9/11 and islam's clear goal continues to be world domination" than I am with any ambivalence over book burning....

And I don't recall one military leader responding to the aunties during W's term....
For a General to remark on what is essentialy a political event of the domestic sort is rare according to one news report I read .That's the way I recall things also .

Reckon he was "encouraged" by his CIC ?
Ya think?
They're moronic cultists, making a tough and dangerous job even tougher and more dangerous. I'd love to see their reaction to burning Christ in effigy on the cross.

We need to just quietly kill our enemies. We don't need to inflame moderate Muslims.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

We don't need to inflame moderate Muslims.

I don't remember hearing from moderate Muslims?
I doubt it does much to endanger our troops, but I wouldn't want to be a member of that church. I think the pastor is doing a great disservice to his congregation and placing a bullseye on it with what is more of a political statement than a religious one.

The only reason Petraus is saying what he is saying is because the Obama administration told him to say it. They want to stop this but have no mechanism for stopping what is at its core, free speach. They were hoping that invoking the name of the troops might have some effect.
So what are they going to do? Try to kill us MORE? I do have respect for Patreus, but he is out of line, and wrong. The pastor is a wild hare, but within his rights. He also mentioned that rather than blame HIM, maybe we should blame THE MUZZIES. Doesn't sound like a whack job. The ROP views us as weak, and little more than women with nads. I think we should just crush them. No quarter given. The half - azzed way we are required to fight this war is prolonging it. They will never like us, they will never accept us, they will never tolorate us. We must absolutely dominate them.
Quite a shame we don't have a million more like the pastor in Florida.

Too many loud mouths proclaiming peace & safety when there is none & never will be. All they want to do is pass the offering plate to make sure the lights & a/c stay on.

A sword for The Lord, go get 'em God !!!
Comments from the senior pastor at the Church.

Responding to Petraeus' comments, Dove World Outreach Center's senior pastor Terry Jones acknowledged Petraeus' concerns as legitimate.

"Still, we feel that it is time for America to quit apologizing for our actions and bowing to kings," Jones said in a statement released by his church. "We must send a clear message to the radical element of Islam. We will no longer be controlled and dominated by their fears and threats. It is time for America to return to being America."
Speaking of piss, do you remember this? Our own government helped pay for it. I don't remember any generals speaking out about it or any actual violence by outraged crowds of Christians.

"Piss Christ is a 1987 photograph by photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition, which is sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects."

Originally Posted by curdog4570
Read on yahoo - can't copy it here - that he claims the church in Fl. is putting our troops in danger .

Petraus is a political animal first, and an Army General second. He is just going with what hussein tells him to say.

The only danger associated with the Dove Church burning a koran, is the fact that so many Americans want to just bend over, and offer their butts to islam.

Folks will do anything for the hope of prayer, of a maybe of a chance that possibly a muslim won't kill them.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher[/quote
Petraus is a political animal first, and an Army General second. He is just going with what hussein tells him to say.

Fact of life. You don't get to become a flag grade officer, or stay one, without being politically astute. It goes with the territory.

It's probably always been so, but the specifics change with the times. The careers of Patton or Lemay wouldn't survive in today's military, but I have to wonder if any of today's leaders could have won WW II?

Paul
Originally Posted by Stan V

as I have opined before, the only place in the world you will find 'moderate muslims' are places where they do not have political control. In those places, they are moderate because to be radical would get THEM KILLED.

As soon as they take control, all moderation goes out the window, and they show their true colors. They work tirelessly, threatening their host Country and culture with death and mayhem to get us to cave in to their medieval religion and law.

As I tell the local lefty idiots here in Gainesville, where the Dove Church is located, if muslims were in control, every one of them would be killed as soon as muslims took over.
Homos, lefty's, folks interested in 'outreach' and 'getting along'.........all killed.

Folks with the most to lose, are doing the least to prevent their own demise.
Okay, this is from a Pagan but what I want to know is why is it okay for the Muslims to disrespect every religion in the world and not worry about the sensibilities of other religions but somehow every religion in the world must not disrespect Islam and must considered Islam sensibilities?

I'm sick of this chit!!!!!!
Petraus has no more balls than that , he should be out of a job.

It's OK for the muzzies to burn the American flag , it's OK for the muzzies to burn that preacher in effigy , it's OK for the muzzies to build a mosque at ground zero.

It's not OK for a Christian Church in the United States Of America to burn the koran ?

F'em , F every last one of the muzzie bastages

Mike
Could be a back door kick in the pants of the POTUS.
Could be he just messed up....should have let the Muslim president make stupid comments. Petraeus didn't help himself when/if he seeks the White House.
Good point. Our government pays an artist to put a Christian symbol, the cross, in urine, speaks up for the rights of Muslims to build a mosque but doesn't support the constitutional rights of the church in Florida. Sounds about right.

We need to just quietly kill Muslims. [/quote]

Fixed it for ya.
Petraus is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the negro muslim commander and chief. Bow to islam American sheeple.

We need to just quietly kill our enemies. We don't need to inflame moderate Muslims.

Muslims ARE our enemy.
Let's see, a demographic that flies into a rioting and homicidal rage over a cartoon. Well documented disregard for human rights and, particularly, western laws. Terrorism as a career plan. A victory mosque in NY.

So while i see Petraus's point, nah, i don't think it matters one iota that some nut may burn some koran's. There's a difference after all between "turn the other cheek" and "spread your cheeks", and people are waking up to what being tolerant to islam results in.
Petraus needs to fight the war and not concern himself with citizens pursuing their constitutional rights.

No matter how far out it may seem.
Petraus's statement is one of the problems we have in this country.... always worrying about what other people think... espically our emenies.

No matter what we do, they will be pissed..... Never speaking out against them and the pratices we find wrong has gotten us into this situation.... Any group that thinks women are property, finds it OK to stone them to death for audultry, whipping them in public for not covering their head and then if a women is gang raped by 20 guys, she is at fault... please we need to be speaking out more and standing up more, Not less...
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

as I have opined before, the only place in the world you will find 'moderate muslims' are places where they do not have political control. In those places, they are moderate because to be radical would get THEM KILLED.

As soon as they take control, all moderation goes out the window, and they show their true colors. They work tirelessly, threatening their host Country and culture with death and mayhem to get us to cave in to their medieval religion and law.

As I tell the local lefty idiots here in Gainesville, where the Dove Church is located, if muslims were in control, every one of them would be killed as soon as muslims took over.
Homos, lefty's, folks interested in 'outreach' and 'getting along'.........all killed.

Folks with the most to lose, are doing the least to prevent their own demise.

Amen to that...

I have been preaching the exact same tune for a long time..

Lefties are too stupid to realize that..

but what do we expect... their lives have more in common with Disneyland than reality..

With Obama and the liberals tying the Troops hands behind their backs, it's bad timing to burn anything but democrat effigies.
I thought that we had religious freedom and freedom of speech in this country? Why is it wrong for one church to hold a religious ceremony and OK for another to build the muslim victory mosque at ground zero? Obama should stand up for religious freedom and freedom of speech and support the burning of the Quran.
if what a single church is doing thousands of miles away affects American lives over there cause the population is upset over it enough to cause problems its time to pull out of the country and nuke the [bleep]......
Maybe uniting the muslims is the answer. All 5 billion of em.

We will after this idiotic move on the part of the "Doves".
Originally Posted by rattler
if what a single church is doing thousands of miles away affects American lives over there cause the population is upset over it enough to cause problems its time to pull out of the country and nuke the [bleep]......

It may well come to that after Iran nukes the Jewish state.

Kripes...any wonder why I have no use for any religion??? They are the catalyst for too many wars.

Yep. Worrying about the sideshow of one church in a country the size of America is troubling.

I doubt McArthur or Patton dissed Bugs Bunny or Popeye cartoons and the way they ripped the Japanese.

But, they were in a real war.

OOPS...left out the Three Stooges.

Careful Stan, I was taken to task for saying the same thing about our current wars. On the subject, you are correct, this should not be national level news but given the press and the anti-American democraps, they've made this into a HUGE deal that might signify trouble for our men over there. jorge

Muslims ARE our enemy.

I have Muslim friends and Christian friends. Neither are my enemy.

And don't forget, your president is a muslim.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

And don't forget, your president is a muslim.

But, he is NO friend and I don't claim him as My prezzzzz. smirk

I voted for the other guy and wish more disgruntled on the right had, also. We might not have these two new Supreme Court Justbitches and lopsided Congress. wink
There are like 30 people in the dang church. This is an non event that anti American whack jobs are manufacturing into an international event.

Would to God America worried half as much about the women in Iran, who are being murdered by the religion of peace.
"TEHRAN, Iran � The lawyer for an Iranian woman sentenced to be stoned on an adultery conviction said Monday that he and her children are worried the delayed execution could be carried out soon with the end of a moratorium on death sentences for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan."

Muslims cannot be our friends. They are too damn eager to kill us all.
One news network or newspaper called it a "mega church".

"TEHRAN, Iran � The lawyer for an Iranian woman sentenced to be stoned on an adultery conviction said Monday that he and her children are worried the delayed execution could be carried out soon with the end of a moratorium on death sentences for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan."

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/05/pope-may-intervene-in-brutal-stoning-case-in-iran/

Burning books will only help to kill this gal.
I assume then that you personally polled every individual Muslin in the world and came to that conclusion. shocked

WOW....what an undertaking. wink

This all may come to WW III with nukes flying. The Muslim radicals may in fact welcome it. They're friggin nuts! A lot of more educated Muslims aren't, however, and want to disassociate themselves with the crazies.
and want to disassociate themselves with the crazies.

It's goin' around.
I assume then that you personally polled every individual Muslin in the world and came to that conclusion. shocked

WOW....what an undertaking. wink

This all may come to WW III with nukes flying. The Muslim radicals may in fact welcome it. They're friggin nuts! A lot of more educated Muslims aren't, however, and want to disassociate themselves with the crazies.

I don't have to my friend. All I have to do is watch their actions in the countries they control, or are fighting to control like France, UK and the Netherlands. They show zip, zero, nada moderation in those places. They show no willingness to get along in those places.
Only where they are not in power, are they 'moderate'.
If the moderates want to change how folks here view them, then maybe they could work on it a bit.
Try to fit in, rather than constantly agitate to have US chance OUR ways to SUIT THEM.
WASHINGTON (AFP) � Former prime minister Tony Blair warned on Sunday that the roots of radical Islam were far deeper than we think and said Al-Qaeda would have killed 300,000 on September 11, 2001 if they could.

"This is actually more like the phenomenon of revolutionary communism," Blair said in an interview with ABC News, commenting on the reach of Islamic extremism.

"It's the religious or cultural equivalent of it, and its roots are deep, its tentacles are long, and its narrative about Islam stretches far further than we think into even parts of mainstream opinion who abhor the extremism, but sort of buy some of the rhetoric that goes with it," he added.

Blair said he didn't understand fully the phenomenon at the time of 9/11, when Al-Qaeda operatives hijacked planes and crashed two of them into the World Trade Center in New York, killing about 3,000 people.

"If these people could have killed 30,000 or 300,000, they would have," Blair warned.

The former prime minister's remarks came just a week before the ninth anniversary of the attacks, which he said changed his outlook and led to perhaps the most controversial decision of his tenure -- his support for the 2003 US-led invasion of Iraq.

Blair said he felt "an enormous responsibility" for the lives lost in the conflict, which was fiercely opposed by many in Britain.

But he said sanctions aimed at crippling Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein were "crumbling" and there were real fears that his regime could help terrorists acquire weapons of mass destruction.

"My view was in the circumstances after 9/11, you have to send such a strong signal out on this issue," he said.

The former leader took a similarly hard line on Iran, which many in the international community fear is seeking nuclear weapons under the guise of a civilian nuclear energy programme.

"I would tell them they can't have it, and if necessary, they will be confronted with stronger sanctions and diplomacy. But if that fails, I'm not taking any option off the table," he said.

Blair said he did not favour war with Iran but added: "I'm saying I think you cannot exclude it because the primary objective has got to be to prevent them from getting a nuclear weapon."

I agree with the General. It's a bad idea that will come back to haunt us. YMMV. kwg
I'm skeered now.

Fact is they are within their constitutional rights to do this.

[bleep] the General, he needs to fight the [bleep]' war and not worry about it.

I think a few here should travel to one of their beloved muzzy countries so we can watch them cut off your phuggin' heads on the news.

laffin'
Trust me, the ONLY thing 'moderate muslims' are concerned with locally, is that some whack job fellow muslim will do something drastic to show his solidarity with, and loyalty to the profit.

All to often, the words or acts,(1st amendment ) of one person will effect the lives/safety of others. With rights come responsibilty.
Since General Petraeus is fighting a counterinsurgency, where pissing off the locals is a recipe for disaster, I'd tend to give his opinions a fair weight.

Folks who drive around with a "Support the Troops" ribbon, but support the idiocy of the Pastor, might want to think where their priorities are: elevating the risk of more of our soldiers, sailors and Marines getting shot at, and undermining their mission, or playing cheerleader to a publicity stunt.

Someone ought to head-slap the Pastor, and ask him "what part of this seemed like a good idea?" In my book, he's not too far removed from that idiot church that pickets the funerals of military dead.
As I have mentioned, there are about 20 to 30 folks in that little non denominational church.
They are known to be 'less than stable'.

And yet, we have allowed the Anti American media and politicians to morph this into an international incident.

Pizzing off muslims is not something that we have to work on. Hell, they are already pizzed of at us 'cause their imam told them to be. They are NOT 'mad' at us for burning a koran, or printing a cartoon of mohammed, they are mad 'cause they are on a jihad.

Placate them instead of defeat them flyfast ?

Only thing Petraus should be saying is how much extra ammo he needs.

The muzzies have already proven their intent

Mike

It would be perfect if Fred Phelps picketed at the church when they burn the Korans.
By all means, escalate the war.

We have money we haven't even spent yet.
No doubt the liberals will support the Troops with all their heart.
All Americans will gladly send their children to war for the right to burn books.
Obama will lead us to victory!
The southern border is wide open, but it's way down there.
Hell ya, lets whoop em all!

[Linked Image]

John is right they are within their constitutional rights but there are other ways for a small church to protest.I don't think they've thought this whole thing through and I hope for the sake of the guys/gals in theater they will change their minds!!

Our troops are at risk enough without some podunk pastor that wants international attention...Hope he receives plenty of email from families with soldiers in harms way.

I remember my Vietnam days when Dan Rather was permitted to cover battles and relay info on casualities/troop strength and outcomes back to the evening news...we always felt he was simply doing nothing but helping the enemy and he's very lucky to have made it out alive and if he had been killed it definitely wouldn't have been from a VC's rifle!!!....FLEM
I didn't say "placate." Read Petraeus' Counterinsurgency Field Manual... along with "A Savage War of Peace," "Learning to Eat Soup with a Knife," and "Street Without Joy."

I'd prefer we win this war; anything that hurts that goal... particularly something as inane as this stunt, is unnecessary.
I don't go for burning books of any kind. Let the Muslims do that. We just kill them, If this guy really wanted to make a statement, then maybe he should go an shoot that Imman up in NYC and his ground zero Mosque, and take what comes with doing that. You can burn books till the cows come home and it will not matter a wit. Now Killing guys like that jerk in NYC and going after there bankers will put more of a hurt on them than, well lets just make a statement by burning a book. Just grandstanding.
once again if the backwater [bleep] care that much bout a single christian church thousands of miles away that they will never set eyes on to the point it makes it difficult for the General to do his job, all hope is lost in us being able to do anything there......pull our boys out and turn the area into the worlds largest glass factory......
This thread has descended into idiocy.

Placating those that are pledged to kill us is not the act of a sane government, and to advocate that course of action is not the act of a sane person.
I'm sure you have muslims in your neighborhood Sam, go shoot one. You'll feel better.

Placating those that are pledged to kill us is not the act of a sane government, and to advocate that course of action is not the act of a sane person.

No one advocating that position. But since the international press has seized on this, potentially pissing off locals and others who haven't taken a side, isn't in the best interests of our soldiers, or our country. No one's turning anyplace into a glass factory; so if we're in a fight, I'd suggest we not hand propaganda to the other side.
Rattler...this kind of mindset doesn't accomplish much in this day and age...what are we supposed to do NUKE everybody??? This little church from nowhere is right on the PC's and news channels of all middle eastern countries as we speak...do you have a son or daughter in Afganistan right now?? I don't know this but I'm sure you would be more concerned about their safety than to rant about turning eveything into a cinder.
Don't get me wrong I have no love for these people and I don't mean to critize you but a softer more intellengent approach is what I think is necessary....FLEM
if what a single small church does has that much effect on the enemy we might aswell blow the [bleep] to their maker......i dont give a rats arse what the catholic church in town does let alone a mosque on the other side of the world provided they aint killing ppl.....

once again these are the ppl that went into an all out riot in several countries over a cartoon in a newspaper.....reasoning dont seem to be a strong suit with them and if yah cant reason with them and they are out to do you harm you might aswell kill them....
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Rattler...this kind of mindset doesn't accomplish much in this day and age...what are we supposed to do NUKE everybody??? This little church from nowhere is right on the PC's and news channels of all middle eastern countries as we speak...do you have a son or daughter in Afganistan right now?? I don't know this but I'm sure you would be more concerned about their safety than to rant about turning eveything into a cinder.
Don't get me wrong I have no love for these people and I don't mean to critize you but a softer more intellengent approach is what I think is necessary....FLEM

scorched earth policy makes alot of seance if the enemy cant handle simple reasoning.......
if yah cant reason with them and they are out to do you harm you might aswell kill them....

Whats holding ya back? Ain't got none of them muslim boys down there in montany?
if yah cant reason with them and they are out to do you harm you might aswell kill them....

Whats holding ya back? Ain't got none of them muslim boys down there in montany?

not round here.....saw some Saudis in Butte getting their petroleum engineering degrees, but what lil time i had with them i figured out they worshiped the almighty dollar and not some dude named Mohamed grin
not round here.....saw some Saudis in Butte getting their petroleum engineering degrees, but what lil time i had with them i figured out they worshiped the almighty dollar and not some dude named Mohamed

No sense nuking them then.
This church is doing what our political leaders don't have the balls to do. Islam is not a religion of peace and every piece of literature include the Koran needs to be recycled back into nature and the ashes used by God's creatures. Have we gotten so political correct that the line between right and wrong has been blurred. This is the reason why our ancestors fought the crusades because the Muslims were trying to conquer and impose brutal sharia law on the rest of the world. If not for the Pope and the church declaring the crusades Isreal and America would not even exist today. People need to wake up.
And how does this keep our Troops alive?
the Saudi's? no not really.....the tribal ppl in Afghanistan that are never gonna get along with each other let alone anyone else? i can see it being an option....
Well, it would seem to me that since our troops over there are already surrounded by umpteen thousand muslims that are intent on killing them, I seriously doubt that the burning of one Koran by an idiot here in the states is going to change things much. The "softer more intelligent approach" smacks of appeasement and that does not work with extremists or dictators. It only plays into their hands.

My advice to the pastor is this. If you really are going to burn it, do it before the media shows up. They are the ones stirring this thing up far beyond where it should be and it would serve them right to miss the big event after all their hype. smirk

The "softer more intelligent approach" smacks of appeasement and that does not work with extremists or dictators.

Just don't forget who's running this show

[Linked Image]
Story update...

GAINESVILLE, Fla. � The government turned up the pressure Tuesday on the head of a small Florida church who plans to burn copies of the Quran on Sept. 11, warning him that doing so could endanger U.S. troops and Americans everywhere.

But the Rev. Terry Jones insisted he would go ahead with his plans, despite criticism from the top U.S. general in Afghanistan, the White House and the State Department, as well as a host of religious leaders.

Jones, who is known for posting signs proclaiming that Islam is the devil's religion, says the Constitution gives him the right to publicly set fire to the book that Muslims consider the word of God.
Scorched earth policy or what is commonly referred to as nuclear deterrence is I'll grant you our big stick.I'm sure you will agree that because of this the cold war was only cold.

The problem at present is we are at a different time line where in the not so distant future many more sun bearing nations will come on line and then what do we do Nuke them??

I don't like what's going on anymore than you but I hope our intellect will be what keeps us safe in the future...I have a very bad feeling about what is to come for the next generation and only hope that they will have the mental resources and common sense to continue to keep us safe.....FLEM

If that was the intention why did we go?

You don't fight a war to keep troops alive. You do it to protect your country from further attack.

well if yah dont like the nuke option im fine with building a big damn wall around them and leaving them to their own divises and out of our hair.....Afghanistan aint a country or enemy like Germany or Japan in WWII, they are more like the Americas pre-1492.....bunch of tribal people that are just as interested in killing each other as killing us....aint any reasoning with "Afghanistan" there are a 100 different tribes there, some of which would love to kill off the Taliban but others are more interested in killing us and using the Taliban to do it and to kill of the other guys in their country that dont agree with them....

reasoning with them aint gonna happen, the Sioux and Assiniboine have bad blood between each other and they have been living together for the better part of 100 years now with all modern conveniences and such.....
They're moronic cultists, making a tough and dangerous job even tougher and more dangerous. I'd love to see their reaction to burning Christ in effigy on the cross.

Book burners consist mostly of Facist, Religous Extremist and dumb fuggin Rednecks, all of which hide under some cloak of perceived respectability or "freedom cause". Period.

If the General said it could further put our troops and mission there in danger, we might want to listen to him, he thought it important enough to speak out on it.

Real brave bast*rd to burn a book. That'll show'em. Sure it will. That "Pastor" and his followers are about as nutz as the muzzies.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

If that was the intention why did we go?

You don't fight a war to keep troops alive. You do it to protect your country from further attack.

Says the armchair General.
i dont throw the blaim on the church or the ppl in it.....the liberal media that doesnt give a rip bout muzzies burning bibles thinks one lil church burning korans is a huge deal.....to the church its a symbol, cant mind that much.....the liberal media latched on to it cause it pisses off our enemies and they like that, in the scheme of things it means lil, except that the liberal idiots want to make it mean something to their buddies and get them pissed at us....let the church do their thing and beat the snot out of the reporters....
We need to just quietly kill our enemies.

Killing them loudly works just as well for me, thank you.
i dont throw the blaim on the church or the ppl in it.....the liberal media that doesnt give a rip bout muzzies burning bibles thinks one lil church burning korans is a huge deal.....to the church its a symbol, cant mind that much.....the liberal media latched on to it cause it pisses off our enemies and they like that, in the scheme of things it means lil, except that the liberal idiots want to make it mean something to their buddies and get them pissed at us....let the church do their thing and beat the snot out of the reporters....

rattler, to what end does it accomplish to burn a book?

Why doesn't that turd direct his efforts towards border security or something meaningful and worthwhile? Jus sayin.
Burning books sounds too much like Nazi Germany. They should hold a "Draw a picture of Mohammed" contest instead. Free balloons, pony rides for the kids, face painting and home made apple pie. A real all American family get together day.

Shooting gallery will have target pictures of Osama Bin Laden & Dinnerjacket.

And the other congregation says Amen!!!
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

rattler, to what end does it accomplish to burn a book?

Why doesn't that turd direct his efforts towards border security or something meaningful and worthwhile? Jus sayin.

everyone does alot of chit that means nothing to anyone but themselves and the people around them....wish everyone would turn concern to the border but that aint ever gonna happen....
There is no other book in the world like the Koran . We have no christian symbol that is its' equivalent in importance as far as Muslims are concerned . Burning it will be a personal insult to every Muslim . It's more like spittin' in their face than burning a book .

That's why I think it's a hell of a good idea !

As far as safety of the troops is concerned, I think the only effect it will have is to show them that we never had a friend to lose in that country .
I'm of the mind of Bender, above. If they hate you bad enough to want to kill you, is pi$$ing them off more going to mean they will kill you twice as dead??!!.

For a muslim, it's pretty simple, if you don't believe Mohammed is the only prophet, then by definition, you are an infidel and you deserve to be killed.

Muslims ARE our enemy.

You are making a simple mistake of logic.

The mistake you make is summed up thus: "You cannot judge a group based on a few individuals."

You think because you know a few individuals that are "great" people that the whole class cannot be bad. Liberals wrongly use this argument all the time in lame attempts to deny what statistics show to be true and what ideology says is true.

For instance, you can say all you want that you know a member of group "X" that is wonderful, but if statistics show that group "X" is unsavory and the ideology that group "X" espouses is distasteful, it doesn't matter what your particular acquaintance is like.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
if you don't believe Mohammed is the only prophet, then by definition, you are an infidel and you deserve to be killed.

Jesus said, "He who is not for me is against me."

I must be an infidel & very proud of it.
Yep . God either is , or He is not .

Ever notice how many folks try to wiggle around that simple truth ? But they don't see it .
The pastor was asked ,"Do you think Christ would approve if he were here?..yes absolutely" was the answer.Well this will spawn another whole debate if we stay on this subject.

The only question I would ask of the pastor would be..If you knew that by burning these books you would indirectly kill many of our young people would you still do it??? Liberal Media or not I would like to hear his response and how he would weasel his way out with some biblical BS.

You can talk about lack of resolve or tip toe foreign policy all you want but when you deliberately put our troops at risk you are no more a Patriot than the man in the moon!!!

The only question I would ask of the pastor would be..If you knew that by burning these books you would indirectly kill many of our young people would you still do it??? Liberal Media or not I would like to hear his response and how he would weasel his way out with some biblical BS.

You, like Petraus, don't understand what the job of our troops is. Their job is to kill the enemy. Now, they can't kill people who seem cooperative, but they can kill people who resist. Getting the moslem world all inflamed is a GOOD thing. It gives us the excuse we need to kill more of them.
As far as safety of the troops is concerned, I think the only effect it will have is to show them that we never had a friend to lose in that country .

A war on two fronts is plenty.

http://michellemalkin.com/2006/05/18/john-murtha-hangs-the-marines/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5773734-504083.html

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2010/09/harry-reid-this-war-is-lost.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8422.html

http://faciamus.blogspot.com/2006/10/john-kerry-belittles-us-troops.html

Pretty ironic that the military oath I recall taking well over 30 years ago is to protect, preserve and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Freedom of speech is one of those inalienable rights the Constitution guarantees.

While the pastor and his flock may be off their rocker, they have a right to freely express themselves. Burning the US flag has been ruled protected speech.

Islam depends on the tactic of intimidation. They have grown their ranks through conquest - you converted to Islam or you died.

We still have free speech in this Country, and bowing to Islamic intimidation is an affront to the rights provided by the very document the General has sworn to protect. If we allow concerns about a war a half a world away to infringe on our rights, we have already lost the bigger war here.

Islam is intent on world domination. They will not rest until our Constitution is replaced by the Koran. And if we cower to the will of Islam now, we are aiding and abetting their cause.

Any controversy they can manufacture endangers the troops. Our mere presence there endangers the troops. The fact that we live and breathe is an affront to Islam, since the West is an enemy they have vowed to destroy.

I think General Petraus needs to STFU, and reflect on just what he was sworn to uphold. I sure haven't forgotten the promise I made with no expiration date.

Just curious, but how come you don't invite the newspaper to your yard and burn some Korans?
Because I don't believe in burning books of any kind. Nor do I approve of flag burning. But I served this Country to protect the rights of those who want to express themselves in that manner. Even the rights of those who make condescending and snide remarks regarding my opinions.

If you want to acede to the will of Islam that is your choice. As I recall, we also have freedom of religion as well.
Books are hard to burn. I suggest a slice or two of bacon between the pages to help them burn better. I also think we should all burn a koran on the 11th, to show support for the idea this little church is promoting.
I don't think Pastor Terry Jones is trying to inflame anyone, I think he's just exposing the truth. If that inflames people then so be it. He is exposing a hidden monster and that monster does not like being exposed so he will do anything it can to keep it mask of sanity over itself to blend in with the world
Barry..Well I guess I spent my whole Vietnam days blind folded and in an easy chair...of course I know what the job of our troops is..this is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard anyone say!! You don't have a clue my friend !! 12345678910 OK...back to reality you touched a nerve,sorry for gettin the dander up.How is getting the moslem world inflamed a good thing?Do you realize how many you're talking about and are you going to kill them all!!!...I've calmed down now so would be glad to hear your response....FLEM
But I served this Country to protect the rights of those who want to express themselves in that manner.

Koodos to you. I served as well; but how does free speech condone the possibility of growing even a larger insurgency or threatening peace in other parts of the world?
I'll ask you the same thing "how are you going to kill all the monsters?" Be sure to make it a good one I can't wait!!!

Try to fit in, rather than constantly agitate to have US chance OUR ways to SUIT THEM.

I CAN'T agree with you more! smile
I served as well; but how does free speech condone the possibility of growing even a larger insurgency or threatening peace in other parts of the world?

Those same concerns led to Neville Chamberlin's infamous illustration that appeasement does not work.

We are dealing with a religion of intolerance. One that advocates killing unbelievers. The fact that you and I breathe inflames Islam. Our very existence threatens peace and guarantees a continuing insurgency. Nothing we do, no concession we make, will ever be enough, so long as we remain free men.

A lot of Iranians like the USA and admire it in secret. They have American flag bead spreads and similar...
This stunt by 30 crazies can destroy all that and make many more radicals...a billion or so...world wide

If this stupid stunt results in the death of just one additional young American will you still say it doesn't matter?

Turkey is still pro-western, but things like this and designating all Muslims our enemies is idiotic. There are many times more of them than of us. We need to act smart, not moronic. Burning their book is moronic.
Those same concerns led to Neville Chamberlin's infamous illustration that appeasement does not work.

We are dealing with a religion of intolerance. One that advocates killing unbelievers. The fact that you and I breathe inflames Islam. Our very existence threatens peace and guarantees a continuing insurgency. Nothing we do, no concession we make, will ever be enough, so long as we remain free men.

Dammit man, I believe ya. But the fact is, a lot of Americans (not all) didn't lay down. We are in Afghanistan and Iraq as I type this. Tell me how burning books will further this cause, and not get more troops killed.
If you think the muzzies are mad. You would not believe how mad I am at the crap they have pulled. They all can kiss my azz. hasbeen

I haven't read this whole string and don't intend to. I have never believed in burning books or flags and that includes all books and all flags.

If this whack job wants to burn books, fine let him but why give him this world wide recognition? This is the same as the Ground Zero Mosque, a perfect legal right to do it but perfect idiocy to do it.

This Jones guy should crawl back under the rock he and others of his ilk inhabit.
I couldn't agree more. I'm still trying to figure out what this group of fumb duckers expect to accomplish with this boneheaded stunt. Near as I can tell no good will come from it and harm may befall some the brave members of our military because of it.

Even as child I learned one lesson very well from my late father, he often reminded me that I should never sh** in my own mess kit. Apparently this goofy so-called pastor never learned this handy little piece of advice.
The pastor was asked ,"Do you think Christ would approve if he were here?..yes absolutely" was the answer.Well this will spawn another whole debate if we stay on this subject.

You can talk about lack of resolve or tip toe foreign policy all you want but when you deliberately put our troops at risk you are no more a Patriot than the man in the moon!!!

Guns don't kill people ---------------- but burning a book in Fl is gonna kill our troops in muslim countries .

Never thought I'd read crap like this on the campfire .
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

-Bob F.
I do not know how this will effect the future or even the war effort but I hope this Christian pastor realizes he is signing the death warrant for many innocent Christian men, women and children around the world.

I agree with the sentiments shared here as regards to the core nature of Islam and its adherents, but have far more faith in stealth and strategy. The good pastor's job is to get away from his burn barrel and make it clear to the world that Christ has more to offer than the religion of hate and destruction.
Originally Posted by CaliRN
Comments from the senior pastor at the Church.

Responding to Petraeus' comments, Dove World Outreach Center's senior pastor Terry Jones acknowledged Petraeus' concerns as legitimate.

"Still, we feel that it is time for America to quit apologizing for our actions and bowing to kings," Jones said in a statement released by his church. "We must send a clear message to the radical element of Islam. We will no longer be controlled and dominated by their fears and threats. It is time for America to return to being America."

A big He// yes to that pastor and returning America to being America!! Burn every dam Quran, Koran or whatever in this country and if the muzzies don't like it they can get the [bleep] out of this country. And take the liberal pansies, ACLU and others of that ilk with them.
Guns don't kill people ---------------- but burning a book in Fl is gonna kill our troops in muslim countries .

Never thought I'd read crap like this on the campfire .

A message from the other front

U.S. Embassy reaffirms U.S. respect for Islam

The United States government in no way condones such acts of disrespect against the religion of Islam, and is deeply concerned about deliberate attempts to offend members of religious or ethnic groups.

The embassy wants to emphasize that we strongly condemn the offensive messages, which are contrary to U.S. government policy and deeply offensive to Muslims especially during the month of Ramadan.

President Obama made clear in Cairo in his speech on June 4, 2009 that he considers it part of his responsibility as President to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they occur. And during his recent Iftar speech at the White House he said: �Let me be clear: as a citizen, and as President, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country.�

Americans from all religious and ethnic backgrounds reject the offensive initiative by this small group in Florida. A great number of American voices are protesting the hurtful statements made by this organization. Numerous interfaith and religious groups in America are actively working to counter this kind of ignorance and misinformation that is offensive to so many people in the U.S. and around the world.

Just a few days ago, President Obama�s Special Envoy to the OIC, Rashad Hussain visited Afghanistan, reaching out to political leaders, religious leaders, students and all citizens of Afghanistan, communicating the important message of friendship, cooperation and mutual understanding between the U.S. and Muslim communities all around the world.

Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I'm skeered now.

Fact is they are within their constitutional rights to do this.

[bleep] the General, he needs to fight the [bleep]' war and not worry about it.

I think a few here should travel to one of their beloved muzzy countries so we can watch them cut off your phuggin' heads on the news.

laffin'

+100 smile

Just because you have the right to do something, don't make it the right thing to do. It is funny that when Bush was President Petraeus was the best General we had and the Dems hated him. Now that Obama is the Prez, Petraeus is being told to STFU by Republicans.
Book burning is off putting.... what would the rest of you guys like to see done in honor of the coming 9/11 anniversary?

Let's see... what would send the right message.... how about bombing Mecca?
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Book burning is off putting.... what would the rest of you guys like to see done in honor of the coming 9/11 anniversary?

Let's see... what would send the right message.... how about bombing Mecca?

Whatever happened to the neutron bomb? I remember it did little actual damage, but it killed the h@ll out of living things, and the radiation dissipated relatively fast.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Oust all undermining democrats.
I'm sure you have muslims in your neighborhood Sam, go shoot one. You'll feel better.

like I said, the thread has descended into idiocy......
Lots of states side ousting is naturally a high priority....

Perhaps send a bulk lot of them off for a pilgrimage this weekend.... just in time for arranging a Hallmark moment of large proportion...

Have to act fast though, it's 9/8 already by EST...

like I said, the thread has descended into idiocy......

...lead by someone carrying the "Bonnie Blue Flag"... grin

Just kidding, Sam. wink I needed to say it... whistle
as another fellow said, in reference to America's pell mell slide to dhimmi status,
"There is a difference between turning the other cheek, and bending over and spreading your cheeks"

I have no problem at all with flying the Bonnie Blue............At least I believe in something.
On a more serious note... if you are not familiar with Jihad Watch IMO you should be... ex Muslims posting their inside view on World events.... here is their take on this topic.

http://www.islam-watch.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=534:on-burning-quran&catid=117:ghalib&Itemid=58

On the Burning of the Quran
Sunday, 05 September 2010 01:39 Mirza Ghalib
E-mail Print PDF

Senior pastor Dr Terry Jones of Florida is planning to remember the victims of the September 11 attacks this year by burning the Quran. While it may sound odd at the first instant, his action may bear great significance in creating awareness about the evil contained in Islam's holy book.

[Editor: We are against burning books, given that humanity has regretted many such previous incidents. But after studying Islam's 1400-year history, knowing the Quran's content in its best of details, and the sufferance humanity continues to suffer because of this book---we believe this is one book-burning incident that humanity would not regret, but may deem it a blessing down the years. Let us emphasize that life is what value and treasure most. And the number of human beings fall victim to death and other sufferings and inequities in a day due to the Quran and its Islam is a reason good enough to justify the burning of entire collection of this most horrendous book existing in the world today.]

Many of us aware that senior pastor Dr Terry Jones of Florida is planning to remember the victims of the September 11 attacks this year by burning the Quran. At the first instant, it sounds odd to hear such apparently hateful actions. Religious people alone can do such wonderful things; we can't expect such acts from atheists. Later on, after analyzing the facts and the severity, which the U.S.A. is about to face from the dangerous cult of Muhammad, it gives us a little hope; at least, we have got one warrior (no mater which faith he belongs to) to stand against the most furious and deceptive Muhammad's sword. Dr Jone's foresight about the forth coming evil is appreciateable.

It is, however, astonishing that, instead of appreciating his courage act, the U.S. media is depicting him as a criminal, and throwing arrows at him by asking ridiculous questions. Dr Jones was asked some nonsense questions by the TV anchor, and he answered them in his own way. As an Indian ex-Muslim, who witnessed the atrocities of Muslims for 10 years in the Islamic heartland of Saudi Arabia, I wish to say something to innocent U.S. citizens by offering my answers to the questions, which the TV anchors put to Dr. Jones:

1) BEING A DEVOTEE OF THE PRINCE OF PEACE (i.e. Jesus), HOW HE COULD BURN THE QURAN?

Answer: Does being a devotee of the Prince of Peace makes it necessary to bear the atrocities in this modern age as Jesus did (as supposed) in his time?

2) WHY DO YOU HURT THE FEELINGS OF 1.5 BILLION MUSLIMS BY BURNING THEIR SACRED BOOK?

Answer: Do Christians know what sacred message the Quran delivers to Muslims? Even the so-called moderate Muslims don't know the true message of Quran yet. If they have studied the Quran, then they would either become extremists or apostates of Islam. There is no room for such kinds as moderate Muslims in Islam.

Burning the Quran is not new in Islam. Their 3rd Caliph and the son-in-law of Muhammad, Othman, had burned the 6 out of 7 versions of the Quran, while compiling the version that exist today. After that Muhammad's child-wife Aisha and his another son-in-law Ali jointly conspired and murdered him for political reasons, a legacy which they inherited from Muhammad. And they justified his murder for burning the Quran.

3) THERE ARE MODERATE MUSLIMS IN AMERICA WHO LOVES AMERICA AND SOME OF THEM ARE AMONG THE VICTIMS OF SEPTEMBER 11.

Yes, indeed there are 90% moderates amongst Muslims, not only in the U.S. but also throughout the world.

What was their reaction on the September 11 incident?

What are there reactions for the atrocities caused by their fanatic brothers throughout the world?

What do you mean by their silence? � Muhammad himself stated 'Silence means consent'.

For your kind information, according to them, the Muslim victims of September 11 attacks have become martyrs and are now in Muhammad's version of paradise frolicking with 72 virgins.

4) HOW DO YOU FEEL IF A MUSLIM COUNTERY SAID TO YOU, OK MR. CHRISTION, YOU ARE WELCOME IN MY COUNTRY, BUT I AM BURNING YOUR BIBLE?

Either the TV anchor is ignorant of the Saudi Arabian way of life or he is deliberately misleading the audience. Let me highlight a bit:

a) If anybody wants to know the extent of tolerance of Muslims of Islam's sacred land, please visit Saudi Arabia once in your lifetime. You will experience their religious tolerance at their airport itself, if you have a Bible or a Portrait of Hindu deity with you. You will have to face the arrogant behavior of the airport personnel and the next minute your sacred book or portrait will be in trash. He won't throw it just like that; he will tear the Bible in to pieces and break the portrait by throwing it far away mercilessly in front of you. In this way, they welcome the people of other religions.

b) You can also see how the women, whether they are Muslims or non-Muslims, gets lashes in front of their husbands, in public places by the shariya police for not covering the headscarf 'properly' in spite of their black tarpaulin costumes.

c) It is really a curse to be a maidservant in Saudi Arabia. You will hear the numerous stories about those helpless souls. In Saudi Arabia, the housemaid is not only for the household work, but also for 'ALL' work. They are being 'used' by all male members of that house, and also by the visiting male relatives of her master, apart from the enormous household chores.

d) Non-Muslims can't eat publicly during the fasting hours in the month of Ramadan. They should eat their lunch behind closed doors, during their duty hours. If they want to purchase anything during the 5 prayers, they should wait and stay outside the shops until the prayer finishes. Usually the shops were kept closed at least 30 minutes for each prayer.

e) Punishment for watching pornography and drinking alcohol is limited to foreigners only (unofficially), whether they are Muslims or non-Muslims.

There are many more things to write about their tolerances, which require pages to write. With this I rest the case.

Burning or destruction of the Bible is also commonplace in many Islamic countries, such as in Indonesia, Egypt etc., where fanatic Muslim mobs often attack Christian churches and establishments, and destroys or burns their holy books. Malaysia, the most moderate, modern and progressive Muslim countries, has confiscated tens of thousands of copies of the Bible for using the word 'Allah' to denote God. Where have those copies of the Quran gone? To fire or destroyed?

My request to well-meaning or freethinking non-Muslims and the atheists: please don't compare Islam with any other religions, because it is not a religion at all. It is purely a cunning political system, hidden behind the pious religious mask, intended to conquer the whole world as per the barbaric teachings and methods of Muhammad. No spirituality exists in it, except war and deception.

As we are all aware that political systems need dirty ways to survive. The political system, which Muhammad started 1,400 years ago, is still survives with almost all its peculiarities. All other major political systems of the past, like the Romans, Pharaohs, Persians and the Byzantines have lost their empires, only Islam exists. With that, one can imagine the extent of the dirt, deceptions, cruelty, lies and vandalism of the cult of Muhammad.

Here I like to share with you one out of the numerous sayings of the great prophet of Islam.

Sahih Al-Bukhari 7.427:

The prophet said, "By Allah and Allah willing, if I take an oath and later find something else better than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath."

Hundreds of such teachings of Muhammad are scattered everywhere in the Quran and Hadiths. He also taught how to lie, how to kill the helpless, how to discriminate against women, how to topple the governments of his enemies by deception, and how to rape the helpless women etc.

Unless we spare our time on studying these very serious subject, it is not easy to overcome the most dangerous and deceptive cult of Muhammad. It is the time to wakeup and act, or else it will be too late to overcome this beast.

Finally, if you are not bold enough to stand against the evil of Islam, please don't act cowardly to discourage Dr. Terry Jones. His burning the Quran is only a small symbolic act, but it may carry great significance through creating awareness and curiosity amongst people to find out what is there in this book. In careful reading and study of the Quran, by both Muslims and non-Muslims, only lies the lasting solution to the raging scourge of Islam.
Whether you know or not Sam, you're on the right side. You despise democrats and muslims.
This is a very interesting piece of reading I'll have to admit...so what do we do with those moderate Muslims who side with the US and critise the Koran??? Well from listening to many check in seems as if we kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out....really a stupid and ignorant philosophy which shows lack of intellect ..how 'bout "dinosaur tunnel vision"

Many of you have very radical views on this subject..it's your right to do so but I find it somewhat disturbing.Reality is we can't fight the entire Muslim world and if you think we can you're just kidding yourself.Arm chair quarter-backing foreign policy from a keyboard doesn't take much effort or thought we are all guilty of that to some degree but this approach will get us nowhere in these dangerous times.....FLEM

Sometimes our discussions get a little heated and that's just human nature..but I want everyone to know that no matter what is said I sincerely hope it's not taken personally...the "Fire" is like no other for me ..where can you visit with such a great bunch and thrash around so many topics...Tnx to all !!!
...so what do we do with those moderate Muslims who side with the US and critise the Koran???

confused WTF kind of logic is that?
Do you understand what you just wrote? That's like saying "a Christian that doesn't believe in Christ."

Well from listening to many check in seems as if we kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out....really a stupid and ignorant philosophy which shows lack of intellect

Okey Dokey!
So you are for killing them all regardless...is that your position? That's OK it's your opinion but good luck....FLEM
Flyboyflem
Many of you have very radical views on this subject..it's your right to do so but I find it somewhat disturbing.

and your open desire to bend over and spread 'em for the muslims is pathetic.

Frankly, I don't give a rats azz what you find disturbing.

There are a lot of muslims in my town, and not a damn one of them is advocating anything but that WE accommodate them, and that THEY get to do as they please.

[bleep] them............and you.
Flyboyflem
Many of you have very radical views on this subject..it's your right to do so but I find it somewhat disturbing.

and your open desire to bend over and spread 'em for the muslims is pathetic.

Frankly, I don't give a rats azz what you find disturbing.

There are a lot of muslims in my town, and not a damn one of them is advocating anything but that WE accommodate them, and that THEY get to do as they please.

[bleep] them............and you.

Damn Sam.....don't be so wishy washy....tell us what you really think! grin

maddig
We should make a list of all of the freedoms we would need to give up to satisfy the muslims. I suspect it would be very long. Petraus and his "don't endanger the troops" supporters could then give us their view on each one of them.
I see the Dinosaur mentally is alive and well !!!!

Surrender maybe an option for you but it's not an option for me.

yes it is, and you really should do something about it. Maybe if you studied the issue, you could get some enlightenment. laugh
Derby..I never once said surrender nor did I say "bend over" I don't like this situation anymore than you or others but as someone else posted we need to deal with this problem out of stealth and intellect..getting rid of the bad guys as they pop up IMO is a smarter option.....FLEM
You will be SO comfortable with dhimmitude status. It seems to come naturally to you.
Sam..you and I disagree that's a fact but a serious question here, what is your remedy? I'm more than willing to listen to your input without the profanity.
Derby..I never once said surrender nor did I say "bend over" I don't like this situation anymore than you or others but as someone else posted we need to deal with this problem out of stealth and intellect..getting rid of the bad guys as they pop up IMO is a smarter option.....FLEM

You don't understand Islam.

THEY ARE ALL BAD GUYS! THERE ARE NO GOOD GUYS!!! ALL MULIMS WANT TO AND ARE SWORN TO KILL INFIDELS!!!!!

Sorry for the shouting but I want to get the point across.

You cannot lie down with rattlers without expecting to get bit. It's the same with Muslims. You must work toward killing them all or surrender there are no other options.
Sam..you and I disagree that's a fact but a serious question here, what is your remedy? I'm more than willing to listen to your input without the profanity.

that we disagree is an understatement. That you don't like how I phrase my opinion is not a concern of mine.

My remedy, since you asked, is that we as a Country recognize the threat that islam poses, and if necessary, inflict a great deal of pain, on those that are using islam as a reason for attacking and killing us, and others.
Once the political and religious leadership of the various muslim factions learn that threatening, attacking, killing our Citizens and destroying our property, trying to change our culture to suit their wants and other excesses of behavior they are showing, are counter productive, and are ALWAYS going to be met with disproportionate force, then I believe we will see them make more of effort to 'get along'.

Simple really.

that we disagree is an understatement. That you don't like how I phrase my opinion is not a concern of mine.

My remedy, since you asked, is that we as a Country recognize the threat that islam poses, and if necessary, inflict a great deal of pain, on those that are using islam as a reason for attacking and killing us, and others.
Once the political and religious leadership of the various muslim factions learn that threatening, attacking, killing our Citizens and destroying our property, trying to change our culture to suit their wants and other excesses of behavior they are showing, are counter productive, and are ALWAYS going to be met with disproportionate force, then I believe we will see them make more of effort to 'get along'.

Simple really.

DITTOS! Could not have said it better.
oh yeah, one other thing, with muslims, as with any other bully or aggressor, showing fear will only invite more attacks.
Appeasing an aggressor might keep you out of a fight at the moment, but it never solves the problem.

Never was a good idea to try and run from a pit bull, ya know?

.....and we have GOT to stand up, grow a set, and just say that it IS islam that we are at war with.
When we inflict that pain I was talking about earlier, we need to do it where ever the infection has taken root. Just tell the host country up front, that there are no hiding places, no sanctuary.
There has never been a war where only the lives and freedoms of the good guys and the bad guys were at risk. To endure attacks without responding in kind for fear of affecting innocents is impossible and to avoid conflict for that reason is folly that will result in total failure.

Flyboy, they are targeting ALL non Muslims and the unfortunate truth is that ALL Muslims have to be at risk also. There is no other way.

Anybody wonder why muslim terrorists weren't on your grandpa's worry list ?

The Ottoman Empire kept them in check . We destroyed it .

The USSR had no muslim problem .muslims ,yes .Problem,No.Now , Russia has problems with 'em .

These despotic regimes controlled muslims in the only effective way - they dominated , harrassed , and killed them .

Seems to be the "mass retribution/kill them all/create fear tactic" was tried by a certain very capable military, unconstrained by any moral scruples, both in western Europe, and in Russia and the Ukraine (where the population was initially friendly, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and partisans... with no success.

Yet we have people on the board advocating a change from a counter-insurgency to a world-wide Crusade... There are Muslims everywhere who either hold neutral views of the US, have positive views of the US, are Allies of the US... and over 3500 serving in the US Armed Forces. There are Muslim cadets at West Point. There are Muslim countries who provide logistical assistance for our war. There is a Muslim opposition in Iran, seeking a secular government. What is possibly gained by pissing in their faces?

Of course, I'm sure many of the same folks who are stomping their feet, saying the pastor has a constitutional right to burn the books (which is correct), probably will say the Muslims should be thrown out of the military, in violation of the constitution.

I don't see where General Petraeus is violating his oath. He's said that burning the Koran is a bad idea. It's a symbolic act by a self-important pastor that will not have any positive effect on the war. It may have negative consequences on the war. Since the General is responsible for the lives of his men and women, I'd respect his input. He's fighting the war he has... not the war the "kill 'em all" folks wish he had. Don't understand why anyone wants to make it any tougher.

If 30 people want to put their religious beliefs into action, in defiance of the best interests of the United States of America and it's armed forces.... they're no better than a Muslim extremist who hasn't bought his box cutter yet.
Thanks I was beginning to think I was all alone IMO....FLEM
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
There has never been a war where only the lives and freedoms of the good guys and the bad guys were at risk. To endure attacks without responding in kind for fear of affecting innocents is impossible and to avoid conflict for that reason is folly that will result in total failure.

Flyboy, they are targeting ALL non Muslims and the unfortunate truth is that ALL Muslims have to be at risk also. There is no other way.

DITTOS!

You don't win wars by dying for your cause, you win wars by making the other poor bastoid die for his cause to paraphrase Patton.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Anybody wonder why muslim terrorists weren't on your grandpa's worry list ?

The Ottoman Empire kept them in check . We destroyed it .

The USSR had no muslim problem .muslims ,yes .Problem,No.Now , Russia has problems with 'em .

These despotic regimes controlled muslims in the only effective way - they dominated , harrassed , and killed them .

DITTOS!
All those Muslims you have listed are just a lit fuse waiting for a chance to put it to US citizens.

In WWII there were German insurgents who fought their own German brethren yet the US still fought a full scale war against Germany. The German insurgents didn't expect the US to stop fighting against Germany just because the insurgents were fighting behind the lines.

If the Muslims really want us to believe they want peace they will stop funding so-called Muslim radicals and providing bases for them. Muslims will also hunt down the radical Muslims in their borders and kill them. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
All those Muslims you have listed are just a lit fuse waiting for a chance to put it to US citizens.

And you are willing to piss em off while Obama is in office?
Get a clue
Originally Posted by derby_dude

In WWII there were German insurgents who fought their own German brethren yet the US still fought a full scale war against Germany. The German insurgents didn't expect the US to stop fighting against Germany just because the insurgents were fighting behind the lines.

If the Muslims really want us to believe they want peace they will stop funding so-called Muslim radicals and providing bases for them. Muslims will also hunt down the radical Muslims in their borders and kill them. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

What German insurgency? The White Rose Leafleteers?

If you want examples of Muslim countries hunting down and killing extremists within... look at Egypt and Yemen. Look at what Algeria, Mauretania and Morocco are doing with the Maghreb Inurgency; Iraq is attempting to deal with Al_Quaida; Tunisia and the TIF; Lebanon smashed Fatah-al-Islam; Jordan, Turkey and Syria, despite being Muslim countries, take very aggressive steps to quash Islamic extremists. Obviously, preservation of their goverments is their primary objective against extremists; but to assert that Muslims aren't hunting down, imprisoning and/or killing extremists, just isn't accurate. Saudi Arabis is a big problem; the oligarchy won't crack down, because they control so much of the wealth, and can't risk an uprising. So guys like Alwaleed bin Talal get richer..... and all the kingdom does is beg extremists to repent.
any action against muslim extremists is the result of two things only.
Either a Sunni population is killing Shia, /shia population is killing sunnis, or, as in Saudi Arabia, the radicals have over stepped their mandate, and want a regime change.

There is not a place on earth, where muslim radicals are reigned in for any other reason.
any action against muslim extremists is the result of two things only.
Either a Sunni population is killing Shia, /shia population is killing sunnis, or, as in Saudi Arabia, the radicals have over stepped their mandate, and want a regime change.

There is not a place on earth, where muslim radicals are reigned in for any other reason.

DITTOS!!!Again!!! This has got to stop Sam!!!! grin
I think that living at 'ground zero', gives me a slight edge on perception of this issue.
The Church in question is less than half a mile, as the crow flys.

This whole thing has been vastly blown out of proportion by the media and the administration. They have an agenda, and that agenda is frankly more dangerous than Dove Outreach Church.

Originally Posted by Flyfast
Seems to be the "mass retribution/kill them all/create fear tactic" was tried by a certain very capable military, unconstrained by any moral scruples, both in western Europe, and in Russia and the Ukraine (where the population was initially friendly, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and partisans... with no success.

Yet we have people on the board advocating a change from a counter-insurgency to a world-wide Crusade... There are Muslims everywhere who either hold neutral views of the US, have positive views of the US, are Allies of the US... and over 3500 serving in the US Armed Forces. There are Muslim cadets at West Point. There are Muslim countries who provide logistical assistance for our war. There is a Muslim opposition in Iran, seeking a secular government. What is possibly gained by pissing in their faces?

Of course, I'm sure many of the same folks who are stomping their feet, saying the pastor has a constitutional right to burn the books (which is correct), probably will say the Muslims should be thrown out of the military, in violation of the constitution.

I don't see where General Petraeus is violating his oath. He's said that burning the Koran is a bad idea. It's a symbolic act by a self-important pastor that will not have any positive effect on the war. It may have negative consequences on the war. Since the General is responsible for the lives of his men and women, I'd respect his input. He's fighting the war he has... not the war the "kill 'em all" folks wish he had. Don't understand why anyone wants to make it any tougher.

If 30 people want to put their religious beliefs into action, in defiance of the best interests of the United States of America and it's armed forces.... they're no better than a Muslim extremist who hasn't bought his box cutter yet.

+1

Charlie
dang chas, another lefty drive by?
He's from Oregon .
I think that living at 'ground zero', gives me a slight edge on perception of this issue.
The Church in question is less than half a mile, as the crow flys.

This whole thing has been vastly blown out of proportion by the media and the administration. They have an agenda, and that agenda is frankly more dangerous than Dove Outreach Church.

I agree. Since WWII the media has always been the fifth column.
The Imam's goal is to anger us and thereby create a lot of propaganda. He will use this to motivate the non-radicals of the Moslem world to help his buddies in Hamas, the Taliban and AL Queda.
The church in question is part of ground zero as it was hit by one of the planes that crashed into the WTC and covered with the ashes of those who died there.
© 24hourcampfire