Never did care for 700's, I prefer Savage and Ruger bolt actions. shocked
Originally Posted by pahick
cant like that cool blue

Blue looks familiar.

Oh, wait:

[Linked Image]

cool
That rifle is wrong handed. grin
I like the laminate stock. If it were .308 or .300 Savage, and with an 18.5 to 20" tube, it would be perfect for me. A buddy of mine has one in .308 with an 18.5" barrel, and it's ideal for thick-cover/treestand hunting.
I gotta get one in 25-06, I'm a quarter bore whore!
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
That rifle is wrong handed. grin

Says who?

Besides, I cut it so even those mighty righties can fire it, even if they fall on their azz trying to work the bolt...
I'm one of those lucky folks that can shoot with either eye and position. I'll be in NC in Jan and Feb, maybe we can get a beer or 4. grin
coming to NC, eh?

Fort Bragg, or are you going to see more johnsons?
Fort Bragg, gonna be a big fielding.
The semi auto version of those (as opposed to the pump) they call woundamatics around here.
what are they fielding at Fort Bragg?
I need a 760 or 7600 in 25-06!

No! 35 whelen!
M88A2's, BFV's, and a few others for one of the NG Brigades.
I dig it a lot. but not in that queer blue stock.
Kinda, sorta. Not much on the blue. I ordered a Leupold 4x with the post & duplex reticle last week for it.

[Linked Image]
I could like it with a walnut stock in a .308 WIN or a .270 WIN.
I can think of a fellow that was at the hog hunt! smile smile
Picked up my "Kool Blue" 25-06 from the FFL last week.

Told the guy the story that I had the 7600 in 25-06 with the gray/black laminate stock a few years ago but did not like the stock and used it in a trade for a 7600 in 257 Roberts.

So he opens up the box and said," so you wanted one even uglier".

Well he is right it is even uglier than the gray/black laminate.

Have not shot it yet. Need a scope, mounts, rings, sling ect..

Don't think I will get it done this year.

So now I have 7600's in 6mm Rem, 25-06 Rem, 257 Roberts, 7mm-08 Rem, 30-06 (son), 35 Rem and 35 Whelen.

Would like 260 Rem, 300 Savage and 358 Win if they would only make it.

But of course I only use the 35 Rem 90% of the time and the Whelen the other times.
I gotta get one in 25-06, I'm a quarter bore whore!

Ain't nothing wrong with a .25-06.
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Kinda, sorta. Not much on the blue. I ordered a Leupold 4x with the post & duplex reticle last week for it.

[Linked Image]

That one I like. I had a 7-08 like that. I never even shot it. Sold it for waaaaay more than I paid for it.
Those rifleguns are wicked sinful worldly! There is actually some colour on them other than flat black. That's Englischer, not plain. laugh
Dang, if blue TAPE will scare a deer off, what'll a blue RIFLE do? laugh

whistle Good Looking Rifle
I will stick with this one for now.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

[Linked Image]

Now THAT is nice!
I dig that one.
Not so much the Blue one.
But To each his own.

My 760 was an '06 in BDL
basket pressed checkering and super shiny finish.

Shined like a [bleep] heel.
I had a Redfield widefield in 3 X 9 on it
And shot the crap out of it.
Always hoping to destroy the finish so I could re-stock it.
( but never did )

Pummped tons of surplus ammo thru it. Even a few tracers.
Lots of AP's
not all non-corrosive. Some would turn it green in a couple hours.

TG for non corrosive primers.

I also planned on re- barreling to .35 Whelen .. but life caught up before I could.
My 7600 is a 7mm-08. My son, Chad, "High Brass" got it for me. Right now it's got a Nikon Monarch 2x7 in Burris Signature Zee rings and a Warne one piece base. I sent it to a guy in Va. and got a trigger job done. I buffed the stock finish with 00 steel wool to give it more of a satin finish.
I bought this 760 30-06 in '77. High Brass owns it now. I removed the whiteline spacers, roughed up the stock finish, and shot three coats of satin polyureathane on it. BTW, that's High Brass' buck.
[Linked Image]
my brother has one with see through scope mounts and all
My 760 started out with see through mounts and a Bushnell Sportview 3x9...it's a 30-06 ......a Remington ......OH HELL NO!!! eek
I'm thinkin 25-06, cut the barrel back to 20 Inches, slap ghost ring on the back, hooded front site with QR mounts for the scope.
Unless I could get one rechambered to 250 Savage.
A 20" barrel on a 25-06? Trying to kill off the hearing the Army left you with? wink
Huh, did you say something? grin It isn't that loud. grin I'd go with 18 1/2 if accuracy didn't drop off so darn much. shocked
My Mom had a 742 carbine in 30-06. It shot factory fairly well, but I could not keep 5 of my H4831 reloads inside a paper plate at 100 yds.
Then a I got the bright idea to try some IMR 3031 under the 165 gr ballistic tip. That little carbine started printing 1.5 moa.

Short barrel Remmys can be taught to shoot.
I've burned a ton of 3031 in 30/06's over the years!
My Penna machine gun got a lot of those as well as M-1's
Originally Posted by WGM
nope ... just you... (grin)

First reply was the right one...

Ingwe
© 24hourcampfire