Home
Posted By: only10x Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
SATURDAY ONLY

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=4c4fae7dc67ebb7babf27dc7d&id=fabe49c7d2&e

Posted By: 163bc Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
i'f I didn't have 3 pairs of Danners already I'd be all over that.
I checked the link but they look like regular price to me......what did I miss??
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Not positive, but the link says enter the promo-code and you get 50% off the order and free shipping at checkout.
Just joined this site today and found your post. Wanted to say thanks. My house burned down the first part of September along with all my hunting boots, etc... I got two pairs coming my way at a good price.

For the above guys. Choose the boots, then in the promo code enter "goodfriend" and it adjusts the price. Standard shipping is free.

Later
Wow! That's a smokin' deal!!
Posted By: JOG Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Great tip, thanks.

Hood Winter Lights for $135 all up...

BTW, the promo code also works at LaCrosse for 50% off their boots and waders.

LaCrosse Footwear
Posted By: CP Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Good deal-Thanks. Danner is one of the few manufactures to offer narrow boots. So, I took advantage of the offer and bought a pair of Danner� Light II� Hiking Boots for a total of $115. That is a very cheap boot for a guy that wears 13 narrows. CP.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Thanks for the post! At that price too hard to pass up a new pair of work boots!
Posted By: bearmgc Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
I gots 2 pair of Danners, bought on sale years ago, that I can't wear out.
This is a great deal. Two weeks ago I called Danner for a price to re-craft a pair of hunting boots. Glad I waited. Ordered the same boot today for approximately the same cost to have the old pair recrafted.
Posted By: byc Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
I just did about half of my Christmas Shopping!!

Great deal and post. Thanks for sharing!

David
Posted By: duck911 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
I never considered owning a pair of Danners mostly because I could never justify a couple hundred bucks for a pair of boots.

But at these prices, I just dropped my wife a not-so-subtle hint as to exactly the pair I'd like for Christmas smile

Thanks for the heads up!

--Duck911
Great Deal if you can them to last. I can't keep Danners to stay on their sole. Even with arch supports, the boot leans off the sole to one side within 2-3 days.

My new version Pronghorns look like they will make it one season at least.

I don't have that problem with Rocky, La Crosse or Georgia boots.

As soon as a hunting boot can withstand the punishment of a good running shoe like the Brooks Beast, sign me up.
Crap, just entered an order for some Lacrosse work boots, and the site froze up during checkout...I bet it is getting a million hits.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Originally Posted by goose2044
Great Deal if you can them to last. I can't keep Danners to stay on their sole. Even with arch supports, the boot leans off the sole to one side within 2-3 days.

As soon as a hunting boot can withstand the punishment of a good running shoe like the Brooks Beast, sign me up.

Interesting observation. I have zero experience with Danners but I am looking to replace a 10 year old pair of La Crosse boots that have hundreds of miles through the Rocky Mountains under their soles...
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Thanks for the heads up. I was just looking online yesterday for some Danner hunting boots.

Can't beat half price.
Tried again, still didn't work. You get to the submit order screen, and the site just sits there spinning. Tried to call the 800 number, and when you push the proper button, it resets the menu. So, you can't order over the phone, or over the web...
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
I guess I spoke too soon. Looks like their order server is trashed. Real friggin stupid doing something like this on a Saturday when your not there to fix your system or answer the phone.
i was going to buy a pair today actually. or was considering it. however, i got a gift certificate to use, not usable online.
Looks like their site holds up as well as their boots.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Which in my experience isn't very good. I need some good logger boots. I wouldn't buy another pair of danners and 1/4 the price.

Glad you guys like em, hope each and every one of you are completely satisfied.
I'll pass.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Originally Posted by Foxbat
I guess I spoke too soon. Looks like their order server is trashed. Real friggin stupid doing something like this on a Saturday when your not there to fix your system or answer the phone.

Took a while, but finally got an order through their server.
Two for the price of one is a great deal. Worth the time and patience, IMO.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10

Sounds more like you need to see a podiatrist to me..something isn't lining up correctly. Don't wait too long like I did. Now my insoles cost more than boots.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Just ordered two pairs; glad to get this info.

I've been wearing Danners for a couple decades, and they are tremendous. Recommend those especially that are USA-made (they are cataloged as the rebuildable models). I'll make specific recommendations of the Canadian and Hood Winter Light.
GF1, did your order through the site? Did it go through?

I have no interest in Danner boots. I just wanted some cheap Lacrosse work boots for kicking around in. Had a pair of Danners, and they were garbage. Leaked, heel cups broke down, and got so soft and squishy that they would cause blisters.
just ordered these through my local store owner.

Boots
Posted By: JOG Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Originally Posted by GF1
I've been wearing Danners for a couple decades, and they are tremendous. Recommend those especially that are USA-made (they are cataloged as the rebuildable models).

Same experience here. The 'imported' boots are suitable for dodging puddles on the way into Walmart. The USA-made are nice boots.
Posted By: bbassi Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Man, I wish I need some boots!
my old Georgia boots are worn out. they leak now, and the soles have no tread left on them. still comfy though.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/04/10
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
GF1, did your order through the site? Did it go through?

I have no interest in Danner boots. I just wanted some cheap Lacrosse work boots for kicking around in. Had a pair of Danners, and they were garbage. Leaked, heel cups broke down, and got so soft and squishy that they would cause blisters.

Yes, order did go through; they charged my card. My experience w/ the USA-made boots has been excellent, half a dozen pairs or so. And I'm not gentle on them...
Posted By: eh76 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
I've used both the US made boots and the China made boots. While I prefer to buy US made they don't offer enough styles made in the US. So I am forced to buy some of the made in China stuff or do without. I would prefer they all be US made. I have had equal success with both.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
My wife gave me some Pronghorns 5 years ago. Most comfortable boot I've ever worn. My complaint was always that the stitching/leather in the toes wasn't durable enough as mine wore through in no time flat. They never have leaked though. This summer I wrote Danner telling them I liked their boot but they needed to improve the leather/stitching. They replied back to check out the new ones for this year.

My wife just ordered me the new ones to replace the originals, and I told my dad and he had her order him a pair while she was at it to replace his 4 year old boots. No complaints from us. Hopefully they'll be as comfortable as the last.

As a side note, my wife said they were showing backordered 1 week when she placed the order. She called due to the trouble with the order going through. The sales rep said the backorder is actually a month due to the sales volume from todays sale.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
I just got through and ordered a pair of Canadians for $155.00 normally $310.00.

Danner has said the website has sold over $500.000 worth of boots so far today, up from last years $200,000.

The Danner site is crashing though because of web site's like this.

Posted By: dedity Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
Been trying for 1-1/2 hours and still can't get my order through.
It says danner is over capacity, please check back later.
Damn!!
Posted By: n007 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
Ordered a pair of Canadians today as well, my first try at Danners. First order would not go through this morning, tried calling no answer, resubmitted my first order and it went through. Must have been a busy day for them today.
My wife needs a pair of Elk Hunters, but I did not see them.
Originally Posted by dedity
Damn!!

A friend of mine ran into the same thing so he called a Danner Outlet store and they placed the order for him at the same price.
Sites are both shut down! Glad I got mine!
Posted By: dedity Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Damn!!

A friend of mine ran into the same thing so he called a Danner Outlet store and they placed the order for him at the same price.

Any chance you can get the number from your buddy?
Damn!!

Any chance you can get the number from your buddy?

Just saw this and sent him a message.
Sorry, he doesn't have the phone number....used his home phone instead of his cell.... crazy
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
Placed my order around 8 AM eastern time and had no problem. Guess I beat the rush.

Aint that the truth!!!
Not sure if this # will work for Danner but I called and ordered from Lacrosse today...800-323-2668
Tried all day phone and site never could get order thru. I even tried faxing it never got a responce, kinda fuct
i would bet that if you call them tomorrow and explain what the heck was going on, they will probably give you the discount.
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
i would bet that if you call them tomorrow and explain what the heck was going on, they will probably give you the discount.

The way I see it, they have no choice, but it will take longer than a day for them to be fully functional again.
Posted By: only10x Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
give them a call tomorrow. check out the recording on their customer service machine
503 262 0110
yep call back Sunday between 10 AM and 6 PM due to the high call volume...
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
I already have a good pair of warm weather boots, so I thinking about some cold weather boots, anyone have an opinion on the Danner Desert Acadia 400 Gram GTX 8?

Temperate GORE-TEX� liner. Rough-out full-grain leather upper. Vibram Sierra outsole. Lace to toe for better fit. 400 Gram Thinsulate� Ultra Insulation to keep feet warm in harsh winter conditions. Stitchdown construction and wider platform for stability. Weight: 71 oz. Height: 8".
tried all day

ddj
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I already have a good pair of warm weather boots, so I thinking about some cold weather boots, anyone have an opinion on the Danner Desert Acadia 400 Gram GTX 8?

Temperate GORE-TEX� liner. Rough-out full-grain leather upper. Vibram Sierra outsole. Lace to toe for better fit. 400 Gram Thinsulate� Ultra Insulation to keep feet warm in harsh winter conditions. Stitchdown construction and wider platform for stability. Weight: 71 oz. Height: 8".

Yes I do, uninsulated boots and good socks.

Yes I do, uninsulated boots an d good socks.

What do you have against an insulated boot for snow?

I live in Wyoming. I only work hunt and walk in snow 8 months out of the year. Good socks and uninsulated boots beat the hell out of insulated booted boots. You can adjust for the temperature. I have used both. If it gets too deep and cold go with something like a Schnee's or Kennetrek with GOOD socks.
I have Vasque waterproof hikers for warm weather and Danner Pronghorn 400grams for upland hunting and a pair of Irish Setter 800gram boots for bowhunting. If I bought another pair of boots, I'd probably opt for something with beaucoup insulation for REALLY cold weather stand hunting/varmint calling.

Has anyone used the LaCrosse Alpha SST 2000-gram boots??
Posted By: g5m Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
They seem to be just a bit overloaded at their website.

I live in Wyoming. I only work hunt and walk in snow 8 months out of the year. Good socks and uninsulated boots beat the hell out of insulated booted boots. You can adjust for the temperature. I have used both. If it gets too deep and cold go with something like a Schnee's or Kennetrek with GOOD socks.

Eight months out of they year? Was that exaggeration for effect?

Thanks for the advice.
Exaggeration? You ever been here? We have snow from Sept thru June some years...Seen a foot of snow on the last day of summer and 6 inches here on June 8, both here not on some stinkin mountain. Have actually seen it snow on the 4th of July. You stunt doubling for JeffO or what?

Come on up California man............
I walked in some snow in Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks (Wyoming) in late May and early June this year.
Exaggeration? You ever been here? We have snow from Sept thru June some years...Seen a foot of snow on the last day of summer and 6 inches here on June 8, both here not on some stinkin mountain. Have actually seen it snow on the 4th of July. You stunt doubling for JeffO or what?

Well I know you get a lot of snow, I just had no idea you only had two seasons up there. You need to come on out in Feb, we can put on sweaters and go for a hike.
Posted By: Bauer Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
There is two seasons July and winter.
Posted By: only10x Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
hell, im from CA and ^^ hilarious!!!

Well I know you get a lot of snow, I just had no idea you only had two seasons up there. You need to come on out in Feb, we can put on sweaters and go for a hike.

Why would I need a sweater? grin And yes we have 2 seasons... road construction and winter. I was in San Diego one February to watch my oldest son graduate from MCRD. They had a "severe winter storm" there during our stay. I got the biggest kick out of the front desk staff over their obvious concerns. It was raining and a little windy......I teased them a bit about it. I told them a real winter storm is when the snow is blowing so hard you can't see the end of your car hood. smile
Good socks and uninsulated boots beat the hell out of insulated booted boots. You can adjust for the temperature. I have used both.

Yeah, maybe if you are driving around in an F250 all day...
Good socks and uninsulated boots beat the hell out of insulated booted boots. You can adjust for the temperature. I have used both.

Yeah, maybe if you are driving around in an F250 all day...

not hardly... perhaps what works for me doesn't work for you? I work outside layers of proper socks work best for me. If it get real cold and I am standing behind a survey instrument then I break out the pac boots.

BTW how did the work thing turnout? Well I hope!
My feet get cold in July...

Not sure on the work, got reemed, now I have been flying under the radar. I've got some things on the horizon, working for government -and- with a woman boss is a disaster!
My feet get cold in July...

Not sure on the work, got reemed, now I have been flying under the radar. I've got some things on the horizon, working for government -and- with a woman boss is a disaster!

I hear ya, a friend of mine had a vertically challenged female supervisor with a chip on her shoulder and is a micro manager. I told him to transfer and he finally did to another office...life is much better for him now. Hope it works out for you, nothing good about an unhappy work environment

As to cold feet, if mine do get cold I am miserable. I have to use sock liners in cold weather to move the moisture away, especially if I am walking.

Posted By: remfak Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
Just checked. The "goodfriend" code is NOT working this morning. Looks like they didn't extend it.
why do I have a feeling this isn't a glitch, with the site going down? They probably hit their objective, then threw a wrench in the machine to prevent more sales at those prices.
wow, i called the customer service number today, and they wont answer. even after letting it ring for 5 minutes.
Posted By: FVA Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
wow, i called the customer service number today, and they wont answer. even after letting it ring for 5 minutes.

Closed Sunday?
why do I have a feeling this isn't a glitch, with the site going down? They probably hit their objective, then threw a wrench in the maching to prevent more sales at those prices.

My guess is the offer was never intended to go "public", so I can't hardly blame them.
Posted By: remfak Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
why do I have a feeling this isn't a glitch, with the site going down? They probably hit their objective, then threw a wrench in the maching to prevent more sales at those prices.

My guess is the offer was never intended to go "public", so I can't hardly blame them.

I could maybe understand not extending it "due to technical difficulties" but they should have prepared for the onslaught of online activity. It's called contingency planning for god sake!
Again, it was a "friends and family" sale and was probably not intended to be made public. Are you a friend or family of an employee?..
Posted By: byc Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 12/05/10
When I placed my order I noticed a ton of rediects and reverse proxys. It's my guess that due to PCI compliancy requirements that Danner outsources this part of their business. You'd be surprised at the number of companies I work with everyday that run these types of promotions but are not willing to step up their network for the traffic spikes and load balancing.

Trust me their commerce service provider for this promotion is down. It's not a hoax or quota attainment thing. Having said that it's just plain downright stoopid that they did contract with someone like Akamai for the load.

BTW their site is back online.
Again, it was a "friends and family" sale and was probably not intended to be made public. Are you a friend or family of an employee?..

Good point! I did email and ask them to be placed on their "friends" email list! grin

Sycamore
Why is it that some think they would be open on a Sunday, did anyone get through today?
Why is it that some think they're going to extend an offer that was never intended to be made public in the first place?
I receive "family and friends" offers from Kohl's all the time thru my niece
This could be bad customer relations for Danner.

ddj
Originally Posted by wildbill59

Okay, so that would make you family, correct?..
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
This could be bad customer relations for Danner.

ddj

How so?

Not really. I see it as just being related. She sends out these offers in a mass email to everybody on her list.

Not really. I see it as just being related. She sends out these offers in a mass email to everybody on her list.

Seriously? At my family Christmas party I'll have to remember to tell my nieces and nephews that we're not family, "just related".....[rolls eyes]
Originally Posted by FVA

Closed Sunday?

yeah, i was on their website last night and it said to call back today between 10AM and 4PM to talk to them. they arent answering their phones.
The company I work for had a "Friends and Family" discount offer that was good for 25% off any store, online or phone order. The coupon could be forwarded and printed off by anybody who had posession of one. I could have given the code to everyone here and it would have been honored. Of course, we don' sell anything close to sporting goods.

This is completely bogus of Danner to pull this stunt. Either send the coupon via email that contains the link for the code imbedded, or format the code so it can only be used once, meaning it can't be transferred or applied by multiple users.

If I was a Danner dealer that just stocked up on boots with a $500k+ order only to have the manufacturer cut my margin and then some. Even if only for a day, that is bad business all the way around. Danner will feel this one and hear about it for a long time.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email. We understand and are aware that our website was having complications while trying to keep up with the unpredictably high volume of traffic on Saturday during the Friends and Family sale. We apologize that you were unable to complete your order. Unfortunately the sale was for Saturday only and we will be unable to honor any pricing. This sale was intended for Friends and Family of LaCrosse Footwear employees and was unexpectedly spread throughout the internet. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. We will be modifying our Friends and Family Sale in the future to reflect the original spirit of the sale.

If you received the email offer directly from a friend or family member at LaCrosse, please contact them directly, by end of day Monday, to place your order.

Thank you

xxx xxxx

Consumer Sales Specialist

italics and bold by me

seems fair enough

Sycamore
that'll teach them to have some kind of security code on it next time, I guess
I guess I missed out.
I guess I missed out.

not really Mike, it was one big schittstorm.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 01/05/11
Post script to the sale - the first of my two pairs came today, very pleased.
Posted By: n007 Re: Danner Boots 50% 1day SALE - 01/05/11
Got my Danner Canadians 6 days ago
© 24hourcampfire