Home
Posted By: kend What will this M70 sell for?? - 01/01/11
I'm curious what others think this will sell for. I think I'd bid $600 because that's all it's worth to me, but I bet it sells for substantially more. Ken

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=209175246
Wow.. That one's been rode hard and put away wet.. I think $600 is ALL the money, but at the same time the action alone is worth that for a custom build.. And since it's a rat anyway, what the heck.. Might as well buy and build.. At the same time, a guy could put $300 into it for a reblue/stock refinish and have a nice hunting specimen - as long as the bore's ok.. That's going to be the biggest question..

I'll bet close to 800-900
Is that the stainless barrel that was iron coated or some such so the blueing would take?? And wonder what the inside looks like. Outside looks like it was lost in a creek for a year or so.
Originally Posted by savage62
I'll bet close to 800-900
To a newbie, possibly.. But knowledgable M70 owners won't go there..
Posted By: kend Re: What will this M70 sell for?? - 01/04/11
8hrs left on this one and it's at $537 with 24 bids. I'd go $600 if I had the money. Ken
Looks like it's been "customized" with a "bead blasted" finish and they forgot to remove the stock to do it! Lol
500 max to me if the bore is minty....which is highly unlikely given the exterior condition

but you never know what somebody will pay...it only has shooter value, and not much of that in current condition.
Well, most of those actions were more of a matte finish anyway.. But I bet that's a SS barrel..

notice in the description he say in good condition holy chit i wonder what he calls poor condition?
Originally Posted by Redneck
Wow.. That one's been rode hard and put away wet..

I would say that is exactly what happened to it. Looks like a typical rifle that has ridden more than a few miles in a saddle scabbard. Brings back fond memories. If it weren't for the fact that I would have to buy a new gun safe to keep it in, I'd sure consider bidding on it. :-)
Scabbard wear?
Originally Posted by Redneck
Well, most of those actions were more of a matte finish anyway.. But I bet that's a SS barrel..

I'm with you Lee on the stainless barrel. The blueing has flaked off, not worn off like a blued carbon steel barrell.
Posted By: kend Re: What will this M70 sell for?? - 01/05/11
Redneck was real close. Someone bought it for $780. If the bore is good it could be made into a nice hunting rifle for very little $$.
That old rifle might have some stories to tell. Probably been up the mountain and back down again after sheep and goats. A 264 is not exactly a "knock around the pasture, truck gun".

Alan
Cripes!! Last week I paid $640 for a SS Classic B.O.S.S. 30-06 WITH a matte Vari-X II 3-9x40 as a builder. No way on god's green earth I'd give that for a rat of a Pre-64 anything!
© 24hourcampfire