Home
I'm heading to North-Central Kansas on Sunday to do some bird hunting with a buddy and his Dad (who lives in the area). We'll be hunting between Hwy 81 and Hwy 281 and North of Hwy 36. If anyone here hunts that area, shoot me a PM and we might be able to hook up for a hunt or two..... cool
I'm down in the southeast. The word I've heard is bird #s are down in the north central area. We used to hunt east of Concordia but haven't been back for several years.
Thanks for the heads-up Ole 270. I sure hope we run into some birds but it might be slim pickens this late in the season. I'll shoot you a field report via PM when we get back......
I'm from central KS and havent heard of many here eather. Talked to some guys earlier in the season and they said the Fish and Game said numbers were low here also. I hope you have good luck.
I've hunted twice this season just north of Hays and the numbers seem to be down around there, too.

Ed
Sounds like I'm in for a scenic drive......x-ing my fingers!!
Not to be another downer to the thread, but talked to a friend a couple hours ago that lives in Minneapolis just north of Salina. I asked how the bird numbers were, he said he can't remember the last time he saw a pheasant there, just nothing around this past year. North central is way down this year and the recent past.
I'm hearing snow... so be careful. Was heading up to the sandhills for some doe hunting, but putting that off.
If you happen by Coronado Heights (on Hwy 81 just south of Salina) do take a few minutes and have a gander.

You can gaze out across the flat lands, for miles and miles, and even see the prick of the prairie from up there. Pretty cool.

© 24hourcampfire