Home
Posted By: curdog4570 Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
It was a damn good speech , delivered well .

I still don't like him or trust him but I believe in giving credit where it's due .

spelled the town wrong , I reckon .
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I still don't like him or trust him but I believe in giving credit where it's due .

i would probably say pretty much the same thing, the speech was a very good one, and made good points.
I don't like the level of discourse from either side.
I have a good friend developed through the internet who is as liberal as i am conservative, but he is a gun owner, hunts, and we have a lot in common. Except politics. Which doesn't matter.
I'm not going to change his mind, and he won't change mine. And we keep it civil
Posted By: okok Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I don't see how anyone can watch that SCUMBAG on T.V. eek
Posted By: Mosby Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I watched it. I am thoroughly embarrassed for the state that I live in and the University that I graduated from. It seemed more like a pep rally or a campaign appearance than a memorial service. I have no idea whose idea the opening prayer was. I am thankful that president did not use it as a platform to announce a political agenda to move forward. I felt like Governor Brewer�s words were truly heartfelt. I felt that Daniel Hernandez�s speech was heartfelt as well. I wanted to scream at the overt adulation displayed towards the president and the cabinet members as the University President introduced them.

In the end, I�m left shaking my head. The purpose of a memorial is to remember and honor those who have fallen before us not scream and whistle every time the name of the University is mentioned or give a standing ovation to a president like it�s a campaign speech. This state�s image has taken a real beating over the last couple of years. Tonight didn�t help.
Posted By: nemesis Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11

Hitler and Mussolini delivered some good speeches in there time also.

So what was your point again??
Just read the black part of my OP and [even] you should get the "point" .
Posted By: FlaRick Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by Mosby
I watched it. I am thoroughly embarrassed for the state that I live in and the University that I graduated from. It seemed more like a pep rally or a campaign appearance than a memorial service. I have no idea whose idea the opening prayer was. I am thankful that president did not use it as a platform to announce a political agenda to move forward. I felt like Governor Brewer�s words were truly heartfelt. I felt that Daniel Hernandez�s speech was heartfelt as well. I wanted to scream at the overt adulation displayed towards the president and the cabinet members as the University President introduced them.

In the end, I�m left shaking my head. The purpose of a memorial is to remember and honor those who have fallen before us not scream and whistle every time the name of the University is mentioned or give a standing ovation to a president like it�s a campaign speech. This state�s image has taken a real beating over the last couple of years. Tonight didn�t help.

Universities are not the real world. Don't feel bad about what happens there.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Obama gave a good but long speech tonight, wonder who wrote it for him�
Posted By: Toolelk Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
+1000
I felt the same way about the crowd . It seemed to me that Obama was taken aback by it also .

I understand Obama and Brewer speaking but I can't see why Holder , Napalitano etc had any business even being there.

The "Native American" blessing was ludicrous - especially being delivered by a mexican .
A quick grab offa' AP

I'm a bit underwhelmed, myself.

GTC

"....The president said it was OK, even essential, for the country to suddenly be debating gun control,...."

"Obama's speech, ......., at times took on the tone of an exuberant pep rally as he heralded the men who wrestled the gunman to the ground, the woman who grabbed the shooter's ammunition, the doctors and nurses who treated the injured, the intern who rushed to Giffords' aid. The crowd erupted in multiple standing ovations as each was singled out for praise. The president ended up speaking for more than half an hour,"

Posted By: FlaRick Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I figured you would be there as the Fire's representative and reporter.
I never thought I'd be in the position of defending Obama , but you might not want to take the AP spin for anything but that .

One thing Obama said loud and clear was that the heated political rhetoric recently had NOTHING to do with causing the shooting .And the dumbass Pima Cty. Sherrif was in his sights when he said it .
Originally Posted by FlaRick
I figured you would be there as the Fire's representative and reporter.

Nope,......Ron just commented about S.Tucson.

I'd not go down there, without being armed to the TEETH.

Not Pukka "P.C." at Presidential "Pep Rallies" , Old Boy.

GTC
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
this is so typical of a democrat audience....they always turn "memorial services" into political rallies

Posted By: scrooster Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11

No one ever said the bastard was not one of the finest political orators in the country today - if not the finest.

Then again, they said the same thing about Hitler in his prime. He could talk the britches off a nun by gosh.

The speech tonight was typical of Obama - long winded. But it was a good one no doubt about it and the part about Giffords opening her eyes was especially theatrical.
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by SCRooster

No one ever said the bastard was not one of the finest political orators in the country today - if not the finest.

on the contrary, I've said many times he sucks as an Orator.....reading words written by others off a teleprompter does not make one an Orator.

and he doesn't wear well either....too many tics and twitches and repetitive gestures....and an obvious condescending insincerity, so that for most people, the more they see him, the less they like him
Posted By: JD338 Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I felt the same way about the crowd . It seemed to me that Obama was taken aback by it also .

I understand Obama and Brewer speaking but I can't see why Holder , Napalitano etc had any business even being there.

The "Native American" blessing was ludicrous - especially being delivered by a mexican .

I bet they are high fiving it on Air Force One on their way back to DC. In their minds, they had a good showing while taking advantage of a crisis.

They all make me want to puke.

JD338
There is nothing that the Nigerian can or ever will say that I will either trust or agree with...
Posted By: Karnis Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11

It was a campaign speech. He's a lizzard.
Posted By: Karnis Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Oh and I didn't watch.

Did Holder and Napolitano actually SPEAK ?

GTC
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
pull him off that prompter and see how great an orator he really is. Although his handlers avoid it like the plague, there's more than enough examples of it since he started his never-ending campaign.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Obama gave a good but long speech tonight, wonder who wrote it for him�

I don't know who wrote it but you can bet there were at least two or three working on it since he had several days to prepare .It would be interesting to get a transcript of it to compare with what some folks think they heard .

It was billed to be a 15-18 min. speech and went for 34 .The part about Gifford opening her eyes was obviously not scripted so there were probably some other last minute additions . The crowd cheers slowed the pace down considerably , also .
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Did Holder and Napolitano actually SPEAK ?

GTC

They were each introduced and went to the podium and their mouths were moving .I muted the TV for them and the School Pres. .
Posted By: Sportdog Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I started to watch the replay on Fox but was sickened by this "pep rally". I turned it off before the President spoke. What the heck is going on down there in Arizona???? Mass shooting......have a pep rally. Eric Holder and the Obama administration sue the state, they invite him down for some fun, while the border and immigration issues still fester under this administration. I guess that I just don't get it.
I wish I would have watched it, but just looking at Obama makes me sick, let alone listening to him speak.
What I saw of it was shameful.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

on the contrary, I've said many times he sucks as an Orator.....reading words written by others off a teleprompter does not make one an Orator.

and he doesn't wear well either....too many tics and twitches and repetitive gestures....and an obvious condescending insincerity, so that for most people, the more they see him, the less they like him

I've had the same opinion as you as for as his speaking skills , Steve ,but all those negatives were missing tonite both in content and delivery .

Don't get me wrong ; he was no Reagan or Billy Graham , but he was a long way from the Obama we usually see .
Goddam NERVY of those two to show their nose here, given our "Overall Situation"
It was a speech to the sheepeole of our country.
Originally Posted by TheHardWay
I wish I would have watched it, but just looking at Obama makes me sick, let alone listening to him speak.

I had no intention of watching it but Fox had four of my favorite talking heads on a panel discussing it before Obama spoke and I hung around to see what they would say afterwards .Hume,Wallace,Krauthammer,and Bair got the same impression I did ; there were zero political points scored but he helped his image with some folks .

My opinion of HIM hasn't changed .
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I for one appreciate your balanced appraisal Curdog.

For some here, if Obama said he loved apple pie and American mothers they would suddenly hate pie and hate their mothers.
Posted By: okok Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
What I saw of it was shameful.

LOL
Posted By: GeoW Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Political pep rally and I only watched part of the Mexican/Indians act..
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
THEIR IDEA of a Memorial Service is a whole helluva lot different from what we consider one to be here in Louisiana!! It was MORE like onto a POLITICAL RALLY or CIRCUS than anything else!!
Posted By: CCCC Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
No doubt that terrible crime and the senseless murder and maiming of innocent people has struck that community hard, and many there are heartbroken and hard struck by it all. Even with that true sentiment in the community, the politicians managed to take over the scene tonight.

If one has lived in Tucson and environs for any significant length of time, the crassness of the "pep rally" atmosphere at the Universty of Arizona tonight was no surprise. Too much of the populace there is driven by the gross politics of one party, a lot of it due to Hispanic influence and expectations, and they cannot seem to rise above that social hindrance - even for a serious memorial service. The political types made an attempt at a political show, and they showed their true intent. That clumsy and ridiculous "Indian" act at the beginning is an example of those very forces at work.

The behavior was sad, indeed, and I felt sorry for those in attendance who came to partake of a dignified memorial to those killed and wounded and to support their families.

For a town with a supposed "major university", many there have never grown past pettiness. They NEVER should have held this event at the University of Arizona. As the original, and for a long time the biggest, university in the state, the UA lorded it over the others for a long time with the help of key legislators - but that is gone. Because the young upstart Arizona State University, 100 or so miles to the north in Tempe, has more than overtaken the UA in size, strength and recognition, the UA inferiority complex shows in many ways. Tonight was an example. No dignity, no true sense of purpose for the evening - just an attmpt at "rah, rah" for the old UA and an opportunity to flash more Tucson politics.

The good citizens there deserve better.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
What's with all the wild cheering and whistling, people laughing and smiling in the audience, shameful.
Did you vote for him?
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
THEIR IDEA of a Memorial Service is a whole helluva lot different from what we consider one to be here in Louisiana!! It was MORE like onto a POLITICAL RALLY or CIRCUS than anything else!!

Their idea was to use it for a circus for personal political gain. Another cheap lefty ploy that didn't work.
Here's a unedited clip of Governor Brewer's input.

Link: http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=113425754&sec=528757

GTC
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I thought it was a quite good speech. It touched the issues and he asked for non partisan support for a better america. All Presidents use teleprompters, including Reagan. What kind of speech do you suppose McCain would have done? He put the Judge on the bench.
Posted By: JD338 Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Goddam NERVY of those two to show their nose here, given our "Overall Situation"

Spot on CFO!

JD338
What "Judge" would that be ?

GTC
What "Judge" would that be ?

GTC

LOL that answer isn't coming quickly or honestly.
Posted By: las Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Re- Obama, et al.

"Have you no shame, sir?"

Nope.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
people need to understand that the university of arizona is extremely liberal, and it was a pep rally for obama.
about six or seven years ago maybe longer i went to a college commencement at bear down stadium, and listened to speaker after speaker say they wish they could wish the graduates good luck in getting a job, but couldnt befcause of the economy, and it was george bush's fault.
I was growling and my wife told me to shut up before we got lynched.
I give the devil his due. He did an excellent job of presenting that speech, and made good points in it.
He was called for civility, the same guy who said if the right brings a knife he would bring a gun, or something to that effect.
I have come to the conclusion democrats run on emotion not fact, and he is good at harnessing it.
this whole situation has turned into a big show for the obama admin.
these people have no shame, how disrespectful
Posted By: agazain Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11

I agree -- didn't watch any other part, tho.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
There is nothing that the Nigerian can or ever will say that I will either trust or agree with...
About where I am also.. I cannot - WILL NOT - watch that pos on TV or anywhere else.. Only time I will watch is when he leaves the Oval Office and hopefully goes away - back to Kenya, as far as I'm concerned, on the very FIRST plane available..
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
My Bad, John McCain only recomended John Roll for his position.

"Roll was nominated by President George H. W. Bush on September 23, 1991, to a seat on the United States District Court for the District of Arizona that had been vacated by Alfred C. Marquez. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on November 22, 1991".
Posted By: tweebe Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Good speech, well delivered for the moment. No need to read into it more than it is.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Memorial service where they handed out T-shirts?

I don't care how good the speech was, that act right there is THE tackiest and most hurtful thing I've ever heard of. Nothing better than that displays the total lack of compassion and empathy held by our president, no matter what words he reads off that were written by somebody else.

If it had been one of my family that died and they pulled that crap, I'd have been coming unglued.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
i don't watch obama. as soon as his face appears on the screen i change the channel. how anyone could trust him (or believe in him), after what he has and continues to do to our country, is beyond me. i just thankful the repubs control the house now. it should be much harder for obama to get the remainder of his agenda passed. we shall see.
Posted By: isaac Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Attempting intellectual honesty and fairness, it was a well delivered speech given at a most inappropiate event. The venue in which the speech could be given provided the impetus for Bam-Bam to direct his speech writers to work around the clock to construct speech perfection.

If one chooses to ignore the totality of all his administration's disgraces, the speech will be considered his best. But, that is part of the problem....it was a speech, not a eulogy given at a solemn event.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
It brings to mind the "solemn event" of Wellstone back in the day. [bleep] never change. Why expect different??
Posted By: tweebe Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
It's funny reading these negative postings. You all can probably find devil references during the Pope's homily without attending mass.
"a speech,not a eulogy" nails it perfectly .I'm betting none of the "journalists"-even the right wingers- make that distinction .[You best not be plagiarising,counselor grin ]

The scary part is that "they" seem to have learned a lot about "us" since he made his "clinging to God and guns" comments .Expect that every word they say from now 'til Nov '12 will be directed at the independent voter.

Everybody who watched the speech last night was part of a giant focus group .This speech will be the template for the next two years .

Having Holder and Janetbaby show up to read scripture was the most blatant offense of the whole deal IMO .
"Having Holder and Janetbaby show up to read scripture was the most blatant offense of the whole deal IMO ."

Still trying to get my arms around THAT bullchit,.....

...and once all of the feely kissy huggy warmth fades, let's REMEMBER that this pack of goddam lying thieves are supporting 10 Foreign Countries in an ATTACK on an American State !

"Come let us all reason"....my AZZ!

GTC
You have to give our Empty Suit-in-Chief credit. He is a campaigner.

One that never stops.

He really ought to set his sights on some other meaningful task.
The election is over.
Posted By: isaac Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
"a speech,not a eulogy" nails it perfectly .I'm betting none of the "journalists"-even the right wingers- make that distinction .[You best not be plagiarising,counselor grin ]

The scary part is that "they" seem to have learned a lot about "us" since he made his "clinging to God and guns" comments .Expect that every word they say from now 'til Nov '12 will be directed at the independent voter.

Everybody who watched the speech last night was part of a giant focus group .This speech will be the template for the next two years .

Having Holder and Janetbaby show up to read scripture was the most blatant offense of the whole deal IMO .

=================

I'll also add to my inappropiate venue comment that underneath all the assignments of motive and strategy of giving this speech in a predominantly democratic stronghold,Obama should have considered giving the same respect and attention to the victims of the Ft Hood shooter. With all considered respect to all the tragic victims and their families in Tucson,the Ft Hood tragedy had victims and family of notable status, as well, and last night's speech might have been more timely and thoughtfully received if given at that time.
Originally Posted by Monkey_Joe
You have to give our Empty Suit-in-Chief credit. He is a campaigner.

One that never stops.

He really ought to set his sights on some other meaningful task.
The election is over.

DUH!, he is campaigning for 2012! Hahah
Posted By: GeoW Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I do know that a snake crawled out of a hole and spoke words in Tucson last night frown
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
It brings to mind the "solemn event" of Wellstone back in the day. [bleep] never change. Why expect different??

Exactly what I thought ET!!! I remember the Wellstone event and the head towel waver, Tom Harkin. I agree with the Fox commentators also that Obama was a little overwhelmed by the pep rally atmosphere. I came away from the event somewhat let down; Obama's speech nothwithstanding.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
That is another point you made unintentionally Timberlake. It was all speech,not a eulogy. Schitty eulogy, good speechwriting. I doubt that any of the sentiments expressed are actually his. His cynicism is boundless.
I watched the entire event. The Mexican-Indian thing was very improper and disgraceful to say the least. Took on the aura of a UA pep ralley. Obama's speech was good, but not great considering the solomn circumstances that should have been intended. I will say that at least he didn't mention blamining the saturday event on lack of "gun control" or "magazine capacity". Should have had all the coffins lined up in front of the podium. that University President/moderator was a dork for sure. How come there wasn't a similar D&P event for the Ft. Hood massacre?
Posted By: bender Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by tweebe
It's funny reading these negative postings. You all can probably find devil references during the Pope's homily without attending mass.
So tell me - can you name the last funeral you attended, where they handed out event T-Shirts? Kinda hinders the sincerity angle.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
They printed up T Shirts for a memorial?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Isaac said...."I'll also add to my inappropiate venue comment that underneath all the assignments of motive and strategy of giving this speech in a predominantly democratic stronghold,Obama should have considered giving the same respect and attention to the victims of the Ft Hood shooter. With all considered respect to all the tragic victims and their families in Tucson,the Ft Hood tragedy had victims and family of notable status, as well, and last night's speech might have been more timely and thoughtfully received if given at that time."

Well done Isaac, couldn't agree more. The HalfBreed makes me want to puke.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by Calvin

Yes, they did. This needs to be broadcast far and wide...

[Linked Image]
I think what we can learn from this is that his reaction , or lack of one , to the Ft.Hood shooting suited his purpose at the time .His reaction to this one suits his purpose now .

This sombitch is going to be VERY hard to dislodge in 2012 is the message I got from last nite .

He will take every opportunity to portray himself as a "good guy who just happens to disagree with a sizable segment of the population politically." Essential to that is emphasising himself and members of his administration as "regular christians" .

That's the only plausible explanation for having Janetbaby and "Eric the Red" reading scripture .Keep in mind that while it's true that they were in AZ.,they were also in a liberal enclave.

I can't stand "Drama Queen Beck " even though I agree with him politically .Everything done last nite was designed to marginilize him in the minds of middle of the road voters.

Sadly , it was probably effective.

The "R's" better come up with a strategy that doesn't depend on Obama's crew making a mistake .
Video: Is This a Memorial Service for Six People Senselessly Gunned Down or a Rock Concert?

"Thank you Tucsooooooooon!"

How bad did it get?

Even as it began, some conservative commentators were posting comments criticizing the memorial service for being overly partisan and more like a pep rally, and there were some boos in the hall when Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, spoke.

Link to NY Times article

Jesus
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I heard it on the radio...sound'ed like a good speech... for a pep rally..mixed in with a b-ball game and crossed with his old pastor's church back in ill-a-noise. well thats my $1.98
Posted By: Mosby Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
It's very strange and telling with the media coverage this morning. The on-line version of the Phoenix paper is not allowing comments on any of their memorial coverage and it's all very positive talking about how the service was "emotional" and "moving". But the radio this morning is absolutely flooded with callers that are upset over the pep rally atmosphere. Again the disconnect between what the media reports and reality are two very different things.
Posted By: temmi Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11

+1

Me Too
Posted By: NeBassman Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I didn't watch the speech last night but did catch the Fox News commentary shortly after the speech was over. Let's just say I was somewhat shocked by the commentary on Fox.

Fox News Was Pretty Gaga Over Obama's Speech Last Night - Business Insider

Judging by the reactions of Charles Krauthammer, Brit Hume, and Chris Wallace one got the sense that there may have even been a few chills experienced in the Fox studio. Behold:

Brit Hume: �It wasn�t a memorial, it was more like a pep rally, but I think that is precisely what the people of this region needed and wanted.�

Chris Wallace: �It was a very powerful speech, the most powerful moment was when he talked about Gabby opening her eyes.�

Charles Krauthammer: �He did his speech in a very skillfully, successful way.�

shocked
Originally Posted by okok

Totally agree. I don't give him an iota of credit. Words come from a script,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not from his heart. He could give a chit less for this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by okok

Totally agree. I don't give him an iota of credit. Words come from a script,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not from his heart. He could give a chit less for this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the sound a rattlesnake makes .If I hear that sound under my house , I'm gonna get a flashlight and look .

I want to know what the snake is up to and I can't tell by refusing to look .

Because of the circumstances surrounding this speech , the snake was rattling under MY house last nite , so I watched .
Posted By: Qtip Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I can't stand to hear these politicians speak much anymore, especially the Prez and crew. I was on the PC and could hear it as my wife watched it. What little I did see convinced that the politicians have stooped to a new low to take the targedy and grief of the famalilies and use it to get "air time" just to make themselves look good or better. Sounded more like a rally or campaign speeches. Real disgusting IMHO. Nobody should be clapping or cheering at a MEMORIAL service. MAde me sick.
Been to memeorial and funeral services for fallen fellow officers and none of that went on. Pukes.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
And my point is that is most of what he has done since taking office.

That, mixed with a healthy dose of selling us down the river.
Well Said, Bud.

GTC
Posted By: Steve Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by Calhoun

[Linked Image]

And then there's this little gem from Bernie Sanders, where he manages to blame Palin for the events and try and raise money at the same time.

The shamelessness is stunning...
Where Was Obama's "Prime Time" Special For The Ft. Hood Shootings? I must have missed it....
Originally Posted by tweebe
Good speech, well delivered for the moment. No need to read into it more than it is.

Not for a lefty or moderate.
He gave a good speech,but it was not what one expects for a memorial.
The Prez has started the campaign last night in earnest.
I am sure more of this type of crap will appear in the future.
OH,the tee shirts just dripped of a class act,wonder if they had banners also.
It was nothing short of a pep rally for Obama.
It was disgusting. It was embarrassing. It was shameful.

The crowd's behavior was sophomoric and imbecilic. Yeah, really love how Obama supporters can cheer and catcall at a memorial service....

Seems to be nothing new for Democrats.... look what they did to Paul Wellstone at his service... and Ron Brown.... in fact, this is the norm for Democrat Memorial services...

It is about them.... not the deceased.

Last night was about the messiah.... the only thing missing was people fainting.

I heard a portion of the speech on the radio on the way to court this early a.m. The thing that was telling to me was the statement, "We join you in your grief." So it is a "we" and "them" thing, and the grief is not the president's grief, but HE will JOIN "them" in THEIR grief.

He's an elitist rascal that is so detached from the American people, and the human race as a whole, that the reality of grief -- REAL grief means nothing to him. And the fake aligator tears shed by the wide butt first momma added nothing but acid to the whole sordid show.

But he ain't my president, so I apologize if I have offended anyone -- I've got to be good at something. wink

The whole Tucson thing (I think I spelled it right laugh ) is a sad, sad day in America. I hope the lady politician and the rest of the survivors recover.
Posted By: bearmgc Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
I cannot watch or listen to Obammalala anymore. There's only so many Tums I can take in an hour.
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Originally Posted by Steve

[Linked Image]

You don't need to look any further into this than that picture. It says it all if one remembers this was to be a memorial service for victims of a violent felony crime. The true motives of the muslim-in-charge are right there; a political rally for those emotionalists that are hypnotized by his ridiculously syncopated teleprompter speeches.
He hasn't left campaign mode since being sworn in. Every meeting he's called in the White House, that house owned by We the People but taken over by the worst this country could possibly place there, is a strategy meeting to do exactly what you saw last night.

Absolutely despicable.
This won't see MSM coverage......

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED� Tucson Tea Party Leader Receives Death Threats This Week
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 12:22 PM

Mission Accomplished!

After blaming the tea party for the mass slaughter on Saturday one tea party leader is receiving death threats. The sheriff�s office told Tucson tea party leader Trent Humphries to stay home.

The Tuscon Tea Party leader started receiving death threats since the shootings at the Safeway on Saturday.
Talking Points Memo reported, via Free Republic:

Trent Humphries, the leader of the largest tea party group in this mourning southern Arizona city, has nothing but praise for the way President Obama has led the nation through the aftermath of Saturday�s mass shooting at a constituent event for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ). But Humphries won�t be there tonight when Obama speaks at a memorial rally intended to unify Tucson after six people were killed in the tragedy.

Humphries says he�s been getting threats at his home from people who seem to hold him and his organization partially responsible for the shootings Saturday.

Humphries told TPM he�s called the Sheriff�s department more than once in the past few days to make them aware of threatening phone calls.

�We got a not-so-veiled threat,� Humprhies told me. �The Sheriff�s deputies told me to stay away from public places.�

The Pima County Sheriff�s Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Humphries said the threats have coincided with Saturday�s shooting and began nearly right away.

�We had people say, �too bad it wasn�t your family that was killed,�� Humphries told me. Other angry calls have come in as well. ��The blood of that little girl on your hands,�� Humphries recalled one message saying.

But it was a new call that came in this week that Humphries said had him staying out of public view for a while.

�It was something like �we hate you and we�re going to stand against you and we�re going to use our First and Second Amendment rights to stop you,�� Humphries told me.

Nice work, Sheriff Dupnik.
I watched it. I am thoroughly embarrassed for the state that I live in and the University that I graduated from. It seemed more like a pep rally or a campaign appearance than a memorial service. I have no idea whose idea the opening prayer was. I am thankful that president did not use it as a platform to announce a political agenda to move forward. I felt like Governor Brewer’s words were truly heartfelt. I felt that Daniel Hernandez’s speech was heartfelt as well. I wanted to scream at the overt adulation displayed towards the president and the cabinet members as the University President introduced them.

In the end, I'm left shaking my head. The purpose of a memorial is to remember and honor those who have fallen before us not scream and whistle every time the name of the University is mentioned or give a standing ovation to a president like it's a campaign speech. This state's image has taken a real beating over the last couple of years. Tonight didn't help.

You nailed it! +1000

Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Steve NAILED it!! +1000

(god I hate that guy, can't stand to listen to anything he says.)

Originally Posted by the_shootist
I heard a portion of the speech on the radio on the way to court this early a.m. The thing that was telling to me was the statement, "We join you in your grief." So it is a "we" and "them" thing, and the grief is not the president's grief, but HE will JOIN "them" in THEIR grief.

He's an elitist rascal that is so detached from the American people, and the human race as a whole, that the reality of grief -- REAL grief means nothing to him. And the fake aligator tears shed by the wide butt first momma added nothing but acid to the whole sordid show.

But he ain't my president, so I apologize if I have offended anyone -- I've got to be good at something. wink

The whole Tucson thing (I think I spelled it right laugh ) is a sad, sad day in America. I hope the lady politician and the rest of the survivors recover.

Again, NAILED it!! +1000

Originally Posted by Calhoun

[Linked Image]

classy huh?

I'm embarassed of how this "service" was handled.

Horrible.

I'm afraid if it were my little 9 yr old lost in that horrible shooting and I had to endure this filthy pep rally... There would be a new headline out there about a crazed grieving father that struggled to fight his way to the front to get his hands around the messiah�s throat.
Posted By: JRaw Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/13/11
Do the T-shirts say "Tucson America", leaving out "Arizona?"
I believe they do. As to insinuate that this happened to America, not just Arizona. While I agree this does hit home to all of America, I feel that it kind of takes away from what the citizens of Tuscon are dealing with.
Naw,.....Arizonans are no longer Insular in our concerns, The Big Obee 's speachifying done CURED us.

I've been hard at work all afternoon,.....heating up my GUNS in the Forge, and beating them into Dope Paraphenalia.

Had the burning barrel just raging,...getting rid of all those nasty old Bibles, too.

Wouldn't want to "cling" to the PAST now ,....would I ?

Sarcasm off,.......

GTC

GTC
Posted By: Sportdog Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/14/11
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Originally Posted by Steve

[Linked Image]

You don't need to look any further into this than that picture. It says it all if one remembers this was to be a memorial service for victims of a violent felony crime. The true motives of the muslim-in-charge are right there; a political rally for those emotionalists that are hypnotized by his ridiculously syncopated teleprompter speeches.
He hasn't left campaign mode since being sworn in. Every meeting he's called in the White House, that house owned by We the People but taken over by the worst this country could possibly place there, is a strategy meeting to do exactly what you saw last night.

Absolutely despicable.
I agree with you. The thing that is so scary is the volume of people that the man can hoodwink, and many of them, seemingly very intelligent. When I hear people talking about how inspired they are by his words, I tell them to quit judging his political stands and personal beliefs by what he "says" and start looking at his avenue to achieve his eutopian goals. Good speeches do nothing for me. Action speaks louder and his actions should scare the pants off anyone who values freedom and believes in American greatness.
I don't know why the fool uses 'we' all of the time. I had nothing to do with the shooting and have no guilt. If he had something to do with, I guess it's time for him to fess up. Leave me out of it.
Posted By: Qtip Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/14/11
The liberal secular, humanist progressive movemment is the most hate filled of all ideologies in our country and is the real enemy from within. And those that adhere to it are usually blind to that themselves. And I think it will get worse.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
Posted By: Qtip Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/14/11
Also I think that making up t-shirts for a memorial service is the lowest, most base, dispicable thing I have seen. Do these people actually have no respect at all? Of course not.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/14/11
It's all about ....Marketing
Posted By: BarryC Re: Obama's Speech in Tuscon - 01/14/11
I'm surprised 0bama didn't get the victim's names tattooed on his arm.
I watched it. I am thoroughly embarrassed for the state COUNTRY that I live in. It seemed more like a pep rally or a campaign appearance than a memorial service.

There, I fixed it for you; the speech was pure politics & fully designed to make The Mulsim look & sound like a real person; he believes none of it & it was just window dressing for the window lickers.

MM

© 24hourcampfire