Home
Posted By: noduck Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
Got a chance to go to Boston middle of june.. Wife has conferences all day, thinking of fishing need advice.. Would it be worth it to go??? Do i need to rent a car go further up north? What types of fish should i go for in middle of june???? Any suggestion on capts for deep sea fishing???

Well be staying at the Westin copley waterfront..Could I walk or taxi to some marinas???

Thanks for any advice.......
lhonda has noted any campfire members in his area ,should give him a jingle.....
Posted By: bender Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
Originally Posted by fluffy
lhonda has noted any campfire members in his area ,should give him a jingle.....
That's who I would call. The guy gets around pretty good....
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
Boston Harbor has great striped bass fishing all around the islands. Plenty of charter captains right there.

If lhonda cant hook you up, stripedbass.com and stripersonline.com are local sites that would be a good spot to ask some questions also
Posted By: pod Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
you might make inquiries at rowes wharf it has charters, evening clambake cruisers, dancing etc.
Posted By: pod Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
by the way rowes wharf is real handy to down town boston and most fishing excursions will supply you with your gear.
Posted By: lhonda Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
Noduck, I'm at your service as far as setting you straight. Detailed answer forthcoming, but after I catch up on some sleep and other stuff I ran away from this week, OK?

And, um, yeah, it'd be worth your while to fish here in June, I'd opine. Unless you're not into actually catching fish, in which case it'd be a real bummer...

wink
Posted By: noduck Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
Thanks all you guys for the advice.. lhonda look forward from hearing from you ...

Again thanks for the info regards,

NODUCK
Posted By: ColdBore Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
Originally Posted by noduck
What types of fish should i go for in middle of june????

Big treble hooks, lots of lead, and HEAVY gear to drag up old mobsters in concrete shoes from the bottom of the harbor? cool
Posted By: lhonda Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/22/11
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by noduck
What types of fish should i go for in middle of june????

Big treble hooks, lots of lead, and HEAVY gear to drag up old mobsters in concrete shoes from the bottom of the harbor? cool

They ain't in concrete shoes, friend. Think lobster pots. Bait is bait, afterall.

wink
the corpse my buddy's found a couple months ago, had some crab activity going on.
Posted By: lhonda Re: Fishing in Boston???????? - 01/23/11
STX, yeah, bodies on the bottom tend to get picked clean before too long.

Noduck, your wife's timing is excellent. By mid-June the bite for stripers and tuna is in full swing. June and October are usually two of the very best months for fishing here. As stated earlier, happy to help. PM me details as far as how much time you have. Even if the weather is unusual in its pattern when you're here and exceptionally bad for fishing (heavy rain/winds) and I can't get you out on a boat, if you have a little time to put in, you'll get tight.

Not sure what your situation is, but if you and your wife could add a day or three, I am confident I can help you both go home with contented smiles above and beyond the fishing stuff. The Bean and MA in general has much to offer (despite the politics stuff, naturally wink ) These are some examples of June fishing and fish taken here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/fish/IMG_9387.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/fish/IMG_9355.jpg[/img]

© 24hourcampfire