Home
Hey, if you're a big Packers fan and you have an extra $88,892, you and three buddies can go to Super Bowl XLV and sit in the lower bowl on the 50-yard line.

I checked it out on stubhub.com. Tickets in the premium club 136 section are going for a mere $22,223 a seat. And I see there's four of them left.

However, if things are a little tight this month, you might want to consider some of the other seats in that section. There's nine available at $13,335 a seat.

But I must warn you that parking is not included in the prices. And I had one person tell me he's seen parking for as much as $900 near the stadium. Hope that's not a deal-breaker for ya.

I'd pay that for parking. Of course, I'd have to live, eat, sleep and shower there for most of February.

Who are these people who pay these prices? Even a gazillionaire has to at some point say, "Ya know, paying 22 grand to watch a football game makes me look like a sucker. I think I'll just buy another car instead."

Stubhub did have tickets for as low as $2,049 for upper-bowl seats in the corner.

By the way, face value for tickets is $600 to $800 for upper bowl, $900 for lower bowl and $1,200 for club seating.

It will be interesting to see which fans win the ticket-buying battle. Steeler fans overtook Raymond James Stadium in Tampa two years ago. But that was no contest. They were up against Cardinals fans.

Packer fans are just as nuts loyal and well-traveled as Steeler fans. There will be a lot of gold. But will the second most popular color in the stadium be Packer green or Steeler black?

story

you would have to pay me......I am not a football fan at all.
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

++1
I'm thinking if the Vikings were in the super bowl (huge stretch I know) the scabbers would be cutting their losses, offering tickets on ebay for a buy it now of $50...grin

I dont often take shots at queens fans, but when I do...

Friendly jab. grin
I could care less.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I could care less.

How much less could you care?

That said - ticket prices like this and someone claiming no one's gonna watch the game in another thread.
I got a call from an acquaintance a few years back- he needed some help finding his bud a decent business aircraft. Seems his friend had a reasonable amount of success in his business- selling tickets and ticket futures. Huge money for the taking- some fools and their money easily separated.
It's going to be much cheaper and warmer in front of my TV.
I could care less about watching either of the 2 teams play for the Super Bowl.
I wouldn't go for free.
Originally Posted by fluffy
Hey, if you're a big Packers fan and you have an extra $88,892, you and three buddies can go to Super Bowl XLV and sit in the lower bowl on the 50-yard line.

I checked it out on stubhub.com. Tickets in the premium club 136 section are going for a mere $22,223 a seat. And I see there's four of them left.

However, if things are a little tight this month, you might want to consider some of the other seats in that section. There's nine available at $13,335 a seat.

But I must warn you that parking is not included in the prices. And I had one person tell me he's seen parking for as much as $900 near the stadium. Hope that's not a deal-breaker for ya.

I'd pay that for parking. Of course, I'd have to live, eat, sleep and shower there for most of February.

Who are these people who pay these prices? Even a gazillionaire has to at some point say, "Ya know, paying 22 grand to watch a football game makes me look like a sucker. I think I'll just buy another car instead."

Stubhub did have tickets for as low as $2,049 for upper-bowl seats in the corner.

By the way, face value for tickets is $600 to $800 for upper bowl, $900 for lower bowl and $1,200 for club seating.

It will be interesting to see which fans win the ticket-buying battle. Steeler fans overtook Raymond James Stadium in Tampa two years ago. But that was no contest. They were up against Cardinals fans.

Packer fans are just as nuts loyal and well-traveled as Steeler fans. There will be a lot of gold. But will the second most popular color in the stadium be Packer green or Steeler black?

story

And I'm sure somebody just might snap that up.. Not me. Not ever.. I'll watch from home.. TONS cheaper..

Fluggy, mebbe you and a couple other Queens fans should buy those tix so you can actually say you went to a Super Bowl.. laugh laugh
Originally Posted by crittergetter
I'd feel the same way if it was Dallas/Pittsburg...

smile
I hope they have a SUPER bowl soon, that will not sell out.
then you will know what the max tickets are.

But there are enough fans with $$$ to make it profitable.

I am still suprised the game is free on TV
I would have guessed that by 2011, it would be pay for view to watch live.
Same with the World Series and Daytona 500.

But what the crap di I know?

Plus one for all commercial pro and college football sports here.
Originally Posted by Redneck

story

And I'm sure somebody just might snap that up.. Not me. Not ever.. I'll watch from home.. TONS cheaper..

Fluggy, mebbe you and a couple other Queens fans should buy those tix so you can actually say you went to a Super Bowl.. laugh laugh
Redhead,your not going,and you call yourself a fan? your one of the family,one of the chosen few,and your not going?You sound more like a queens fan everyday.
Never been to any football game that I, a family member or friend was playing in. No pro games and I don't see that changing.
Redhead,your not going,and you call yourself a fan? your one of the family,one of the chosen few,and your not going?
The proper word is 'you're'... And nah, no way would I go.. Only rich guys like YOU could afford tix like that..
You sound more like a queens fan everyday.
In your DREAMS... Only time I'll root for the Queens is when they're in CA... laugh laugh
Heard on radio this am, some guy wanted to trade his vintage 71 corvette for 4 tickets.
He REALLY wants to go.
I like my seat in my family room ---
Redhead,your not going,and you call yourself a fan? your one of the family,one of the chosen few,and your not going?
The proper word is 'you're'... And nah, no way would I go.. Only rich guys like YOU could afford tix like that..
In your DREAMS... Only time I'll root for the Queens is when they're in CA... laugh laugh

now your a grammar nazi? laugh

now your a grammar nazi? laugh
It's 'you're'.. And you're supposed to capitalize 'now' at the start of a sentence... laugh

your,o wait,you're supposed to be working on somebodies rifle ,arent you?
I'll pay the price of a bowl of popcorn and a beer. That's for use in front of the TV. I wouldn't pay anything to fight the crowds at a SB game even if I could afford it. Life's too short to live like that.

your,o wait,you're supposed to be working on somebodies rifle ,arent you?
watein' fer berrils.. laugh
redhead's gonna kneed alot of beers when the steelers emerge victorious
It's easier to keep track of the ball on tv.
When the weather permits, I have always found Super Bowl Sunday the perfect day to set up my chronograph and do some serious shooting. Very seldom anyone there on that day, begging for a chance to shoot my skyscreens.

I guess the only and last sporting event I ever paid to see was a basketball game in Houston, with a group of business associates. Couldn't believe anyone would really pay $25 for a ticket. Some of the girls in the crowd were cute though, and I'm pretty sure they didn't have to pay for a ticket themselves!
[Linked Image]
redhead's gonna kneed alot of beers when the steelers emerge victorious
I don't need THAT reason, flushball.. laugh laugh

You got enough o' them primo Grain Belts to tide you over till half-time??

heheheeee..
I dont much care for grain belt,way too sweet.
I'd rather have a guiness,or a high life.Hows that for a eclectic preference?
Not a single red cent.

It would mean a trip to "the big city" and that ain't happenin for no game.
Originally Posted by doubletap
It's easier to keep track of the ball on tv.

A big plus 1!

I've been to exactly 1 pro football game. We had decent seats, but still couldn't easily follow the game and couldn't hear the PA well enough to hear penalties, etc.

At home I can eat what I want, drink what I want and follow the game much more closely. Heck, I can even pause for potty breaks and rewind to review plays.

I'm sure the atmosphere at the Superbowl would be fun to experience, but I'm not too big on crowds. Maybe someday the Lions might give me a reason to change my thinking. Aww, who am I kidding? grin

The best part of going to a game is the tailgate party in the parking lot. Ideally, you could go to the tailgate party, drink beer, eat barbeque and then go home and watch the game.
I won't pay to watch the quackers. In fact....I won't be home durring the game. I may listen to it on the radio though.
Remember the Salt Lake sewer system some years ago? At half time, some of the old city sewer pipes imploded from 20,000 simultaneous flushes.

Who? Very rich people, fluffy. And they never at any point worry about looking like a sucker or buying another very expensive car. They don't worry about throwing 2000+ gallons of JetA @ $5.00/gal on their $30 million dollar jet to go play golf in Cabo, or the 2000 gallons for the return trip through Dallas to catch the Super Bowl game. The 22 grand for the ticket is pocket change, and it wouldn't mattter what the skybox full of catering and pretty barmaids cost either. (I've heard crazy estimates of $250K+)
I've been around these type of people for 30 years because of my work. They are a different breed of folk, for sure. To be honest, I don't care too much for them, but it helps pay the rent.
Originally Posted by levrluvr

Who? Very rich people, fluffy. And they never at any point worry about looking like a sucker or buying another very expensive car. They don't worry about throwing 2000+ gallons of JetA @ $5.00/gal on their $30 million dollar jet to go play golf in Cabo, or the 2000 gallons for the return trip through Dallas to catch the Super Bowl game. The 22 grand for the ticket is pocket change, and it wouldn't mattter what the skybox full of catering and pretty barmaids cost either. (I've heard crazy estimates of $250K+)
I've been around these type of people for 30 years because of my work. They are a different breed of folk, for sure. To be honest, I don't care too much for them, but it helps pay the rent.

That is actually a quote from the newspaper article,not from me.

Don't you want to watch a gang of oversized millionaires in short pants try to take a odd-shaped ball away from another gang of funny-dressed millionaires?

I'd rather watch little kids play ball than any HS, college, or pro team.

Bruce

Lemme guess - The Red Star??

yep,same one dee-livered to yer door ever sundee morn.

Yah.. It's great substitution for toilet paper..

Fluph - yer such a lib.. when are ya gonna use that rag for Parrot Potty and read somethin' a tad more centrist???

Yah.. It's great substitution for toilet paper..

Fluph - yer such a lib.. when are ya gonna use that rag for Parrot Potty and read somethin' a tad more centrist???

Im such a lib?!
cripes,your crazier than MOST cheeseheads ,Ill give ya that.
I havent read it in years.Wife usta get it on sunday for the ads.
I look at it online from time ta time.I usta post comments on their stories,but they must have me blocked,none make it up anymore!
Where you live again,Roberts?
I don't believe a word.. You even quoted the Red Star in a post of yours a couple months ago..

And you even admit you 'look at it from time ta time'... If they've blocked you, it must because you don't lean far enough left..

laugh laugh

Well I'm at ground zero for this game. Will just stay in the cave for this week as things kick off in the morning. Will stay many miles away from Arlington area.
Tickets to suite sold for more than they cost, but less than many teams would of brought. Cost when bought $100,000, sold for more but not near as much a wanted by seller. Not my suite, but have been to it several times. 20 tickets plus 8 box area seats. Only 3 parking passes, they are real important. Who wants to walk several miles just to get to the stadium. Going to be a war zone for the week.
I don't believe a word.. You even quoted the Red Star in a post of yours a couple months ago..

And you even admit you 'look at it from time ta time'... If they've blocked you, it must because you don't lean far enough left..

laugh laugh

We usta subscribe to the pioneer press,but they never had the ads the wife wanted.
I dont lean far enough left is rather an understatement.
Kinda like saying the fudge packers have a chance to win the big one this year.
I knew it..
Oh? And what's the Queens' chances???

sports bar would be a lot cheaper and probably a lot more fun
Originally Posted by crittergetter

What you actually mean is you coulden't care less. I woulden't pay a dime to watch a couple dozen millioners play ball. ( I coulden't care less) grin
Originally Posted by SoTexasH
sports bar would be a lot cheaper and probably a lot more fun
Compared to what? Going to the game? No doubt at all.. Cheaper than staying home? Not a chance.. More fun? Most definitely. laugh

I knew it..

I see your still rather easily confused.

'bout the same as the packers.
Originally Posted by tzone

Mmmmmmmm mmmmmm, ain't them sour grapes TASTY?? laugh laugh

Mmmmmmmm mmmmmm, ain't them sour grapes TASTY?? laugh laugh

ask me after the game laugh
We'll see eh?
I was admiring all my Packer paraphenalia recently. With the new NFC Championship additions, I'm getting short on room.

With the upcoming League Championship stuff, I may have to add a room.

Explains why homes in Wi, are so much larger than those in Mn. >grin<
Originally Posted by Mako25

Its actually so the wifes gluteas maximus can fit through the doors. laugh

Its actually so the wifes gluteas maximus can fit through the doors. laugh
That's 'gluteus maximus' Fluffball....

And if you think that's limited to WI you obviously haven't been to the MN state fair.. I heard the hog who won the class champion purple ribbon prize lived in Blaine.. laugh laugh laugh
Q. Difference between a Viking's cheerleader, and a market weight heifer?

A. Couple of pounds.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Q. Do the Packers have a chance in this year's Super Bowl?

A. Far better than the Vikings. >grin<

I thought it was for the extra room needed for delusions and beer. laugh

Q. Do the Packers have a chance in this year's Super Bowl?

A. Far better than the Vikings. >grin<

I'd say the odds are better for the Vikes.

I thought it was for the extra room needed for delusions and beer. laugh
You're right.. I forgot about the beer..

Q. Difference between a Viking's cheerleader, and a market weight heifer?

A. Couple of pounds.
Yeah, and the heifer's got better legs with less hair..

laugh laugh
© 24hourcampfire