Home
Posted By: Spanokopitas Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11

Anyone have any contact with him? I need a stock and hear he can do a good job for a reasonable price.
Posted By: GrandView Re: Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11
I don't have a lot of experience with his work, but I did have him duplicate a stock for me a couple years ago. (1903 Springfield sporter)

Work was quick and reasonable. His cutters were sharp, the finished stock was very smooth and the inletting was copied very nicely.

He did mention that my pattern stock was easy to work with.....much better than he usually gets. My inletting on the pattern was epoxy and the exterior was very smooth.

Like most duplication.......the better the patten, the better the final product.

If the prices on his website are current, he's about half what others charge.

Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11

Sorry, thought Claude Dallas. Bob
Posted By: WheelchairBandit Re: Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11
Spano,
Punch his name into the search engine here on the forum. There was quite the discussion about him here a few months ago. There were at least a few members here who weren't thrilled with his work.

Brian.
Posted By: GrandView Re: Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11
That's good idea, Spano.

You could start by reading the one you started last September.....
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11

I just put this up to see if I could flush him out. Sure would like to get back that beautiful chunk of fiddleback maple. I don't even care about my deposit.

So far I have a number of PMs of his other rip-offs.
Posted By: WheelchairBandit Re: Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I just put this up to see if I could flush him out. Sure would like to get back that beautiful chunk of fiddleback maple. I don't even care about my deposit.

I was sitting here thinking, "Damn, wasn't that guy who started the Gatewood thread awhile back from Humboldt?" Then I went, "Nahhhh, couldn't be."

That'll teach me to doubt my razor sharp instincts again! wink

Brian.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11
I know of a couple that would punch him out if they see him.
Butch
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Claude Gatewood - 02/14/11

Make that a threesome.
Posted By: mwiness Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/24/12
I sent a $350 deposit to Claude Gatewood back in August. I was to have a stock made by November. Never saw th stock, Cannot reach Gatewood, he does not answer a phone nor reply to an email. All I wanted was the stock, or my money back - got neither.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/24/12
Is this the guy you were referring to in a Classifieds thread? I though you had a local smoking him out.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/24/12
Spanky just put your "people" on it.
Posted By: tzone Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/24/12
grin
Posted By: Longbob Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/24/12
Originally Posted by eh76
Spanky just put your "people" on it.

His "people" are stretched a little thin after Romney's showing in South Carolina. I think Spano must be the political version of Bob and sports betting.
Posted By: FlaRick Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/24/12

Hmmmm, what's up with stock makers? Are they all thieves? I hate a thief.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/24/12
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

Sorry, thought Claude Dallas. Bob

Maybe Claude has changed his ways and is making stocks?? wink

L.W.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/25/12
They're some good stock makers out there, but it ain't Claude.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/25/12

A few weeks ago I thought I had a deal with Claude the Fraud. He said he would send my wood back.

I got a notice from Fedex that the wood had been made ready for Shipment. Never happened.

Avoid him at any cost.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/25/12
Why can't your "people" resolve this confused
Posted By: okok Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/25/12

Another thief?
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/25/12

A few weeks ago I thought I had a deal with Claude the Fraud. He said he would send my wood back.

I got a notice from Fedex that the wood had been made ready for Shipment. Never happened.

Avoid him at any cost.
Well Spanky, by your own admission you can't get wood. Sorry 'bout that but I don't think anybody here is surprised. You always came off as pretty swishy anyway.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Claude Gatewood - 01/25/12

Has anyone here had any good dealings with this BASTARD? Just asking.
© 24hourcampfire