Home
They have us under the gun today. They bring out the red marker maybe once a year, if that, so when they do it's going to be busy.

[Linked Image]

Hope all you S. Kansas and SW Missouri folk make it thru the evening without any disasters.

On the positive side, every TV station will have their spotters and helicopters up chasing the storms. If anything looks even remotely like it's going to touch down, it will be all over TV and radio. One thing they do right in this state is give you plenty of warning.

You wouldn't believe the hoarde of storm chasers in the state. There was a team from Denmark tooling around W. Oklahoma yesterday. Today there should be more.
Posted By: Steve Re: Severe weather today.... - 05/24/11
Got family and friends in Ponca City and Stillwater. Hoping it doesn't turn out too bumpy.
BTW: Been watching http://www.tornadoalleylive.com/subindex/weather/maps.

Any other good sites for coverage?
That's one of the best ones once all the chasers start streaming.
Thanks!
You could send some of that weather down here without too many complaints. We are dry, dry, dry....
Good live streaming coverage:

http://www.news9.com/category/184600/severe-weather-embedded-live-stream-kwtv1?redirected=true
Posted By: RNF Re: Severe weather today.... - 05/24/11
Looks like El Reno and areas north east of there are geting hit hard right now. Hope everyone has taken cover and all turns out well.
Tornadoes popping up everywhere. Going to get some stuff together in case we have to run for the fraidy hole...

Here's another good feed, but they get excited...

[b][color:#3333FF]Link to local NBC feed....[/color][/b]
This is what a Tornado Hook echo looks like on radar.

Bad,..bad,..bad.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: T LEE Re: Severe weather today.... - 05/24/11
Keep your head down and good luck to all in the affected areas.
Originally Posted by T LEE

We'll make it just fine. But I'm gonna be pissed if I have to plant my okra for a 3rd time....

wink grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrentD Re: Severe weather today.... - 05/24/11
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by T LEE

We'll make it just fine. But I'm gonna be pissed if I have to plant my okra for a 3rd time....

wink grin

Someone is trying to tell you something. Quit the okra and plant strawberries - your weather will clear up immediately smile
Storms just started firing up around here (south central Kansas) Nothing touching the ground yet.

[Linked Image]

[b][color:#3333FF]Live video....[/color][/b]

Some folks are getting hammered....
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Severe weather today.... - 05/24/11
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Tornadoes popping up everywhere. Going to get some stuff together in case we have to run for the fraidy hole...

Here's another good feed, but they get excited...

[b][color:#3333FF]Link to local NBC feed....[/color][/b]

Define "fraidy hole"... full on underground bunker?

The whole Country is watching this storm system with you.. be safe.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Severe weather today.... - 05/24/11
In the small World department... I looked outside after the above post and thought to myself, "Self those are some really dark clouds rolling in..." We very rarely get tornadoes in the Mountains but local weather has the 2nd watch up in less than a week... radar shows the worst of this storm tracking 5 or 10 miles SE of my location...

An interesting Spring so far....
We were lucky here. Some strong winds and rain. There were two deaths about 50 miles north west of here when a tree fell on a car. Doesn't look very good for Oklahoma.
Posted By: RNF Re: Severe weather today.... - 05/25/11
Here is a cell phone pic my niece took as she was going down into the cellar. They are fine but lots of damage just to the east of them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: djs Re: Severe weather today.... - 05/25/11
I am visiting my daughter in Wichita KS tomorrow (for a week). We'll probably have some bad weather.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Define "fraidy hole"... full on underground bunker?

The whole Country is watching this storm system with you.. be safe.

Our fraidy hole is an single pour, mostly underground concrete cellar. Had to go sit in it for about 15 minutes.

We only had a little wind and small hail. Luckily the bad stuff went around us. It was exciting for a while, hope everybody to the East and NW makes it thru.
We are getting ready for another blast shortly, but the rest of the week looks fine so you should be ok.
Originally Posted by djs
I am visiting my daughter in Wichita KS tomorrow (for a week). We'll probably have some bad weather.
© 24hourcampfire