Home
Posted By: Allan S. Our stimulus money - 06/10/11
WASTED.
http://www.kcra.com/news/28187620/detail.html
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Our stimulus money - 06/10/11
Tell me again why we need a national government? I keep forgetting. mad
Posted By: ford8n Re: Our stimulus money - 06/10/11
Our stimulus money? You got a mouse in your pocket? I have not seen any stimulus money.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Our stimulus money - 06/10/11
In Baton Rouge, those houses with blue tarps still over them from Katrina/Rita will qualify for new roofs,,,free. So, the slum lords get their shacks repaired on our $. The contractors use folks from Guatamala to roof the houses.
Posted By: djs Re: Our stimulus money - 06/10/11
The Fed's gave money to local governments for projects that the locals selected (aren't local governments closer to the people?). It was a local government decision as to how to spend it. Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) has listed 100 wasteful projects; other Senators have lised several in Oklahoma; but then again, local government is closer to the problems and knows better how to spend money - right?.
Posted By: djs Re: Our stimulus money - 06/10/11
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
In Baton Rouge, those houses with blue tarps still over them from Katrina/Rita will qualify for new roofs,,,free. So, the slum lords get their shacks repaired on our $. The contractors use folks from Guatamala to roof the houses.

Are you implying that American businessmen (contractors) would hire non-US workers? Where is their patriotism?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Our stimulus money - 06/10/11
Green cards. Tax payers. Contribute to S.S., Medicare and all of that and they don't take breaks or talk back.
© 24hourcampfire