Home
anniversary edition of tier catalog. What do you suppose that thing cost? I got mine yesterday.
They sent me two...I think that means I spend to much money there.

Of course I have all 18 of the hard back books. I have no idea what to do with them other than to throw them away. Anyone else keep them or do something with them?

Dink
I put them in the charity recycle bins along with old mags, etc.

Have a postal pickup pkg note as we speak, thinking it is "The Book".
Got it and pitched it. Didn't even make it out of the Post Office.
Got mine yesterday. I use it to resource MSRP plus plus.
Wish they would quit sending out all the catalogs, got to be a lot of money, which is passed on to the consumer. Think of all the trees that could be saved.
Originally Posted by DINK

Of course I have all 18 of the hard back books. I have no idea what to do with them other than to throw them away. Anyone else keep them or do something with them?

Dink

A bad sign, for sure. I am also on thier 'list' ..... smile

I do love some of Cabela's own line of stuff and thier Bog Busters hip boots totally rock. Going to buy at LEAST these from the catalog, so this will probably keep me getting thier stuff. The smaller catalogs make good throne room material.
Got it, but who orders from a catalog anymore? I guess it is good to flip through and look at in your hands, but ordering is strictly online for me.
I got mine yesterday, we save them as we've been told that they are collectable.
Originally Posted by DINK

Dink

On a few occasions I've looked in the hard back catalogs as a reference on various models, when they were made or to get an idea of what something sold for it was new.
I would love to have a set of those! I think it would be fun to go back through them and look at the price differences over the years
I opened mine yesterday. I wish I could get them to only send me ONE catalog per year, then to credit my points account with the cost of all the other catalogs and fliers that they send me each year.
I get one of the Hard Back Catalogs every year. My wife tossed all my other in the trash
For me, when I go to their website, I am looking for a specific item. Whereas, with the catalog, I'll generally look through it and see items I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. Same thing with the Midway catalog. Of course, if I hadn't thought about it, I probably didn't need it, so it was just a successful way to separate me from more of my money, ha!
Mine came yesterday....maybe cause my dogs name is Cabela...or maybe cause I spend so much $ there
Opened mine and thought "what the heck am I going to do with this".
I better not get one. Last time I had to stand in line at the post office to pick it up, not knowing it was a damn catalog. I called them and asked them to quit sending me catalogs, other than the shooting version.

I added mine to my stack. I don't mind the once a year hardcover as much as all the speciality catalogs that come once a week.
Mine will be going to the camp. I'm actually sitting in a doc's waiting room reading it at the moment. They are also good for stashing in the truck. You never know when you may have some time to kill....
Got mine Tuesday. It even has indexing tabs.
Some really nice anniversary guns.
I receive Cabela's hardbound "collectable" (yeah right...EVERYTHING is collectable if your decendents hang onto it for a century or two) catalogue every year. I recently carted all of them down to a used bookstore I frequent, where I learned that they actually possess some modest value. The proprietor paid me 50 cents per catalogue. Not much, but it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Moreover, I'm actually recycling them, since some patron of the used book store will apparently buy them (for whatever reason).
I think I have one, but have not opened the package yet.
Sitting on the end table.
Send them all to me. I need to do some bullet testing and my one copy won't cut it.
Got mine... I was keeping them for a while but now I get at least two books a year
Gave mine to my friend's two young sons. The younger one was thrilled and couldn't put it away on a fishing trip.
Originally Posted by 375fan
Wish they would quit sending out all the catalogs, got to be a lot of money, which is passed on to the consumer. Think of all the trees that could be saved.

Actually, according to Cabelas, advertisers foot the bill for all those catalogs. I agree with the tree-killing observation- after many months of trying, I finally got the endless flow of catalogs to my mailbox stopped.

I rarely order anything from them anymore, and when I do, it is online. They are not quite such a good deal here in Colorado, as they are now charging sales tax because they have a store in the state. That, and a somewhat unpleasant experience with their Outdoor Adventures group last year, has left me kinda lukewarm on Cabelas.
I like getting catalogs. I like looking at them and seeing all of the crap I don't need or want and finding the things I think are cool and might want sometime.

Ernie

I got mine, haven't opened it yet. Seems like I get two of the hardbound books a year. I use the old ones for pistol targets. They will stop a .45ACP.
I got it last week. When I have a need, I'll open it and start sniffing.
I rather just have one of the 50th year #1's in .30-40 Krag frown
Yeah. I got another one too. They're interesting to leaf through and dream, but when I need something, I go to the net for it --- or once in awhile actually to a brick and mortar location.

I go to Cabelas first if they don't have it I go elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Me too. I love the place.
I daresomebody to buy one of those 50 year anniversary leupolds they are pimping and post a picture of it...ugliest thimgs i have seen in a while
I too get two hard backs each year. Hardly thumb through them except to look to see what's new. Once the new book arrives, I take the old one to work and put it in the boys room for my fellow employees to have for reading while sitting on the throne.
They do make a good burn in the campfire pit.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I got mine yesterday, we save them as we've been told that they are collectable.

They are (in 50 years they'll be worth maybe three to five bucks apiece)!;) smile

I heard that too, but as they have sent me duplicates of every hardbound book they put out for many years, at some point I couldn't justify the room they were taking up, and chucked the lot at once, except the first one I ever got. There must have been 50 pounds of them I tossed...
Now that theres a cabelas 4 miles down the road, youd think theyed stop sending catalogs to me. I dont order, I go in the store. Now I get the catalogs and weekly flyer, monthly flyer, and a seasonal flyer of in store specials.
Man me too. I get catalogs from all kinds of places. Plants, fireworks, tools in about 5 specialties, guns, knives, razors, 3 different cigar catalogs, reloading equipment. Keeps me in reading material between visits to the library. I do almost all of my gift shopping online. Just got my wife a new laptop for her birthday on the 6th.
Got one, read throught it and, put it in the recycle bin along with old newspapers.

I am just opposite, I will go to Cabelas and compare items but I much prefer to buy locally, My local gun shop treats me well and I want him to have my business, not an out of state big box store that almost always charges list price and makes me take a ticket and wait to look at new guns and scopes
Mine went out with the recycle last week.
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger

I am just opposite, I will go to Cabelas and compare items but I much prefer to buy locally, My local gun shop treats me well and I want him to have my business, not an out of state big box store that almost always charges list price and makes me take a ticket and wait to look at new guns and scopes

I am very happy that Cabelas is out of state, saves me almost 10% sales tax and their prices, even with shipping, are lower than the local Mom & Pop.
Got mine!
Every time I get the hard bound catalog, my wife starts wondering how much I spent. Fortunately, she was out of town and I gave my copy away before she returned.

It's a fun place to look but we're fortunate to have a regional sporting goods store that beats them on price, service, knowledgeable staff and most times on selection
© 24hourcampfire