Home
I was just having some good "sit down" time and was flipping thru the new Cabelas shooting catalog. I ran across this and it made me laugh, anybody else seen it.?

The [color:#3333FF]Hyskore #30013 Dangerous Game machine rest[/color][/b] .....for only $255 you can have your own shooting rest too.!

Look at this thing,..The Wright Bros. first plane was less complicated.
[Linked Image]

The only thing it's missing is a cord to plug into 110v..!

You don't even have to pull the trigger yourself, you can use the enclosed syringe to stay well clear of the blast.
[Linked Image]

[b]They should mount an engine and wheels on it so a person could drive it around.
Getting ridiculous? This has been going on for quite awhile in my opinion.
I think they might have hit the Pinnacle with this one.!
gee, those tie-down straps can't change point of impact!
OH Brother!!! Anyone that has to have one of those doesn't need to be shooting heavy caliber rifles or hunting dangerous game.
Up next of course are the hunts where you sit in front of your computer, and "click" your shot off. No kidding.
Originally Posted by Mako25
Up next of course are the hunts where you sit in front of your computer, and "click" your shot off. No kidding.

I believe thats already been done
Yes Sir, that's my understanding as well.
Originally Posted by ruger438
Originally Posted by Mako25

I believe thats already been done

It has been done. It is now illegal in most states.
Lessee, where is that pic of an AR with 3 different optics on the top rail, plus 3 or four things hanging off the forend, plus a buttstock that can adjust six different ways?

grin

I used to joke about bayonets on pistol rails, but I see they are now available. Maybe we could have a mini-tazer on a pistol rail, so you can quickly choose the level of force to use grin
Maybe it comes with a gift card to replace the busted stock....
"Tactical, Tactical"
It cant be much good for anything or it would be painted camo. wink
If you had 30 handi rifles to site in all chambered in 444 45-70 or 35 whelen one of those would be nice. It is an aid for sighting in rifles, and by the looks of it a well made one, nothing tactical about it. I doubt any individuals but those mostly gun shop owners who do many rifle sight ins. I like the shock absorber on the bottom, but doubt it returns to battery like a rail gun.
I've had and used a STINGER machine rest for so long that I believe it was one of the first made for long guns commercially. That rest and a chronograph takes ALL the BS out of group size and the "I think I'm getting MACH 9 from my wizz bang, suck the air from their lungs (enter caliber here). Ransom has been making handgun rest for 38 years and now make long gun rest too. For working up loads and finding the TRUE potential of a given firearm there isn't anything better. Why do you thing the rail gun guys spend as much or more on their rest as they spend on their guns.
When I see something like that I bite my tongue,....and carry on with my old Sheepskin, and cut off jeans legs fulla' Cat litter.

sometimes I just can't help myself ( like when the proud owner insists I try it to get a "Better Group".....

and ask,.......

Where's the Toilet ?

GTC
I don't like to put 'anything' on my guns.

NO high-viz colored sights, laser sights, flash lights, flash hiders, supressors, bi-pods, tri-pods, tactical rails - or anything else.

Only begrudgingly, will I occasionaly cave in for a scope or a sling.

Only thing I put on my guns is 'oil'.
everything started down hill with blue tape.
bunch of naysayers laugh actually for working up a load to see what the gun/load will do without the human screw up factor it makes sense. for practice and sighting in it does NOT.
buncha go along gussies on this thread............
Been known to use a Harris Bi-pod some for bench but mostly sandbags or my Marksman's box. That is as complicated as I get. Well do have a peep sight on my .22 WMR single shot.

I have flirted with optics but always return to irons.

This is as high-tech as I usually get:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
There's NO substitute for a REAL machine rest.

You can't "Ship" one UPS,.....

ANY old clapped out Engine Lathe can be subverted into performing the function of a REAL machine rest,....and if I ever get the Canron Pipe I'm trying to glom onto,....and lay out our "Tunnel" at the S.V. Range,....that will be the first thing on the agenda, thereafter.

Question,....if you are NOT shooting in a tunnel,and are at the mercy of the zephyrs....what's the point of this semi - rigid rig ?

Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Lessee, where is that pic of an AR with 3 different optics on the top rail, plus 3 or four things hanging off the forend, plus a buttstock that can adjust six different ways?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by crawfish
I've had and used a STINGER machine rest for so long that I believe it was one of the first made for long guns commercially. That rest and a chronograph takes ALL the BS out of group size and the "I think I'm getting MACH 9 from my wizz bang, suck the air from their lungs (enter caliber here). Ransom has been making handgun rest for 38 years and now make long gun rest too. For working up loads and finding the TRUE potential of a given firearm there isn't anything better. Why do you thing the rail gun guys spend as much or more on their rest as they spend on their guns.

I totally agree. There is nothing that takes the BS out of shooting like those 2 items.
People say "This gun won't shoot". You hook it up in a machine rest and it shoots 1/4" groups. "Hmm...seems as though the gun is fine, what else could be a problem?" grin
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

You can't "Ship" one UPS,.....

ANY old clapped out Engine Lathe can be subverted into performing the function of a REAL machine rest,....and if I ever get the Canron Pipe I'm trying to glom onto,....and lay out our "Tunnel" at the S.V. Range,....that will be the first thing on the agenda, thereafter.

Question,....if you are NOT shooting in a tunnel,and are at the mercy of the zephyrs....what's the point of this semi - rigid rig ?

Tucks Tail,...looks abashed,

sorry,....I did not catch the "DGR" duty assignment.

Wind not much of an issue there,....at worst,....is it.

READ the damn stuff, CF,....READ the .....

GTC

Hey.. nothing wrong with being high tech.. I have a orange plastic $35 shooting rest, cleaning rest etc.. now I admit it isn't as complicated as that contraption but.. my dad never had either..lol
Alright! And it will shoot to the same point of aim when one unstraps it and shoot freestyle in the field.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

That's what I say!

Here's mine.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I was just having some good "sit down" time and was flipping thru the new Cabelas shooting catalog. I ran across this and it made me laugh, anybody else seen it.?

The [color:#3333FF]Hyskore #30013 Dangerous Game machine rest[/color][/b] .....for only $255 you can have your own shooting rest too.!

Look at this thing,..The Wright Bros. first plane was less complicated.
[Linked Image]

The only thing it's missing is a cord to plug into 110v..!

You don't even have to pull the trigger yourself, you can use the enclosed syringe to stay well clear of the blast.
[Linked Image]

[b]They should mount an engine and wheels on it so a person could drive it around.

A return to battery rest sure can test actual accuracy though... Ransom rest for testing pistols has been around a LONG time too.

Not that I need that, but damn sure nice to know its the gun and not the shooter.....
Nice that it solves the problem of rifle stock/scope battering with the dampening system, but too bad it only returns with 3 MOA.
Wake me up when they introduce the model that does all that & returns to within 1/8 MOA.

PS: Why would anyone ever think that the purpose of a machine rest is sighting in?
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

[Linked Image]

grin yes, that one grin
actually a friend of mine has one of these.
It was used in test firing a series of 30.06 rounds worked up with unknown french powder. Worked quite well to determine velocity without the risk of blowing ones self up.
© 24hourcampfire