Home

**NSFW**

Pretty much sums up the hype that was Hurricane Irene.

Can't believe they weren't running a delay.

AH yes, the pitfalls of LIVE TV! I love it, serves em right!
"the hype that was Hurricane Irene"

Some of today's News coverage actually has a DISAPPOINTED air about it,......as thought they wish it had been worse, or something equally stupid.

Very strange event, in a LOT of ways, this (thankfully) "Non-event".

GTC
Talked to my son in Virgina Beach this morning and he says it was like a nor'easter they get from time to time.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
...Some of today's News coverage actually has a DISAPPOINTED air about it,......as thought they wish it had been worse, or something equally stupid.
GTC

That feeling of disappointment always comes across to me as well when the doom that they predicted doesn't live up to their expectations.
Just got off the phone with my buddy in the Bronx, he says it was a non-event there. leaves off some trees and some branches broken. Storm drains took care of the heavy rain no sweat.

Hasn't seen any news people either.
Originally Posted by T LEE
Just got off the phone with my buddy in the Bronx, he says it was a non-event there. leaves off some trees and some branches broken. Storm drains took care of the heavy rain no sweat.

Hasn't seen any news people either.

I'm sure that they all rushed off to where they could be of more help.
yep, all the major networks, including the beloved Fox and Cnn over hyped it greatly, imho. nothing unusual about ABC news upping the hype.

the weather reporters even started talkied about the real problem being the next few days when flooding of the rivers would really be a problem.

they built too much danger into the hyperbole. sure, there's a possible Hurricane coming, or maybe not.
Ha! I was watching that but somehow missed the guy dropping trou. That weather guy was being a major weenie. How dare anyone go outside after he advised them not to.
Laffin....
Burst his hero bubble....
Never seen such hand wringing caterwauling in my life. Well, and bare butts and other parts too. LMAO! laugh

These news peeps, all of 'em, need to get a life. Sad commentary on the profession there.
This is the funniest vid I've seen all year! LMFAO
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Talked to my son in Virgina Beach this morning and he says it was like a nor'easter they get from time to time.

in addition to being a doofus, he's also a liar....Norfolk had no gusts over 50, and winds weren't increasing. Sustained winds were in the 30s. But that would have made him feel silly to stand there in the rain and tell you it's blowing nearly 35 here, because the natural reaction is....well, then why are you there?

you can scroll down to the hourly wind chart for Norfolk here:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
© 24hourcampfire