Home
Posted By: Scott F Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
There was someone her from the Boise/Caldwell who worked in a warehouse if I remember right. Who is it?
Posted By: Tombstone Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
I stayed in a hotel in Boise once upon a time.
Posted By: okok Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
My Great uncle use to live there until he passed. laugh
Posted By: djs Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
I worked in Idaho 3 summers in the early '60's and occasionally made it down to Boise.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
I live in Boise but don't work in a warehouse. Anything I can do?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
I live 130 miles east of Boise and warehouse jobs don't pay enough to commute that far.
However, I've lived in SW & S. central Idaho all my life so I'm vaguely familiar with it.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
OK guys. Idaho Shooter was who I was looking for but I will post the whole story here.

My son is about to become a single dad when the state gives him his two kids. They have declared their mother unfit. He drives for Holman out of Caldwell. He need a regular sort of a job in order to keep his kids out of foster care. Has worked dock work and forklift before. He has twenty some years of safe driving as an OTR truck driver. He is incredible good at handyman/remodel work but has no formal training or licensing. I was wondering if you knew any places for him to look for work.
Posted By: high_country_ Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
Look at local freight companies they may have the perfect shift. They tend to pay fairly and offer benefits.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
[b][color:#3333FF]Here's a CDL job[/color][/b] in Caldwell. Might have to be gone overnight so that might not work. Maybe be worth a call.?
If he is not home every day his kids will go to foster care until adopted. The state has made that clear.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
Originally Posted by high_country_
Look at local freight companies they may have the perfect shift. They tend to pay fairly and offer benefits.

This.
The Treasure Valley(Boise area) tends to have a few more of these kind of jobs than other parts of the state, from what I have seen(I am in the Twin Falls area).
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
[b][color:#3333FF]Forklift operator in Nampa....[/color][/b]

[b][color:#3333FF]Daily delivery driver in Meridian...[/color][/b]

[b][color:#3333FF]Best Buy Daily delivery driver in Boise...[/color][/b]

[b][color:#3333FF]Pick-up and Delivery driver...[/color][/b]

[b][color:#3333FF]Forklift operator in Nampa....[/color][/b]

[b][color:#3333FF]Warehouse laborer...[/color][/b]

[b][color:#3333FF]Warehouse worker....[/color][/b]

Might also be worthwhile to register for work with the [b][color:#3333FF]Idaho Department of Labor....[/color][/b]
Posted By: eclectic Re: Idaho Guys?? - 09/14/11
If he can read and write, can dress himself in a respectable manner and his face is not covered in tats and piercings, he should be able to find a job. I have one hell of a time finding the above in a prospective employee. I'm north of Boise by quite a bit.
Thank you. I have relayed this to my boy.
© 24hourcampfire