Home
Finished up this project just in time for hunting season. It started out as a shipping container for a new Toyota machining center we purchased at work. I added a trailer tongue and axle. Well I guess the pics will tell the rest.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
very cool...what's the layout inside?
thinking the same thing
Nice!
That is UBER COOL!
That is very cool.
I have a friend from up north that built his ice house like that. He puts skirts on the icehouse and has a drop from the floor to the ice. But it works good and he can move it easily.
Looks great except for one thing, the holes in a concrete block are designed to be vertical, that is the way it is engineered to be loaded. Think soda can, you can stand on it vertical, it'll cave quickly on its side. Jack it up and restack them, finish the top with a solid cap block to keep the termites at bay.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Looks great except for one thing, the holes in a concrete block are designed to be vertical, that is the way it is engineered to be loaded. Think soda can, you can stand on it vertical, it'll cave quickly on its side. Jack it up and restack them, finish the top with a solid cap block to keep the termites at bay.

fun sucker... frown

cool cabin
I agree, VERY cool!

Did you insulate it?

Inquiring minds (read nosy grin ) want more details! And more pics!

Looks like a great hunting cabin.

Ed
NICE!

Now THAT'S recycling! grin
Cool.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My 11 year old daughter had to have a small loft on one end, with a queen bed under it. The other end just has a counter with tv and dvd. The awning is made to fold down over the door and window so it can be locked.
And the crowd goes wild!

Very nicely done!

Ed
Very nice!
Very cool!
We had one in Blackduck Minnesota built on a hay rack. Very fun and many memeories will be made in that cabin.

ddj

A little ingenuity can go a long way...you have shown that here. I like it.
Awesome I was thinking of doing something similar for a Ice Shanty
Well done. It looks GREAT!

but.... a tv and dvd?
Shucks, around here if there's a cooler for sandwiches and beer (more to keep mice and bugs out than temperature control) and a hook to hang your coat, we feel like it's a weekend at the Ritz!

One more thing, in most instances accomodations for the dog are generally more comfortable and better thought out than for the hunters smile
That's pretty tight!
That's really cool.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

+1 on the blocks.

Beautiful cabin - good luck with it!
Looks like a fun outhouse.

Perhaps I should rephrase that???? smile

Ditto on the blocks.
Looks like a fun outhouse.

Perhaps I should rephrase that???? smile

Ditto on the blocks.
appears to be missing two things.

1. case of charmin ultra soft
2. a bottle of your preferred beverage
where's the Jacuzzi?
A couple items we added to ours: depending on the location, we had a ladder so the roof of the shack was a deerstand. Also, we placed a mirror opposite the window so we could see if deer moved past the cabin.

ddj
We called them bee huts in Afghanistan. They keep you dry and beats a shelter half. kwg
The more I look at this, the more I like it. Like a mini camper. Good use of your imagination on this.
Nice Job! Beats spending 20 large on a prefab don't it?
Originally Posted by wildone
Nice Job! Beats spending 20 large on a prefab don't it?

You got that right...... I think I have right around $800 in it. The temp got down around 38 this past weekend and I had to turn the heat off.
Kitchen...cooking facilities? I'm a big man and got's to know what's for supper. powdr
After a few beers, I could see my self putting a dart through that screen. cry
Very nice!
© 24hourcampfire