Home

Sale ends Monday. Use promo code WTURKEY for free shipping.

http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=111003480&WTz_l=Home%3Bcat110647980
That's a great deal on the 4200 3-9X.
Snagged one myself, nice glass for the money. Used a $20 rebate on mine too.
The 4200 3-9x40 at Cabelas for $199 is probably the best scope deal, dollars for quality, on the market today. I got one as did a good hunting buddy. Glass is every bit as good as a new Leupy VX-3 (have one of those, too) and at a fraction of the cost. They look solid but time will tell if they're as tough as Leupy.

IMHO.

DF
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
The 4200 3-9x40 at Cabelas for $199 is probably the best scope deal, dollars for quality, on the market today. I got one as did a good hunting buddy. Glass is every bit as good as a new Leupy VX-3 (have one of those, too) and at a fraction of the cost. They look solid but time will tell if they're as tough as Leupy.

IMHO.

DF
And... they are only $149. smile
sorry in advance if bushnell is someones favorite brand......i personaly wouldn't put that scope on a .22. i have had and have friends have more scope failures with bushnell optics than any other. even the simmons line is better imho.
Bluegill,

There are Bushnells and there are Bushnells. The lower end stuff, I agree with you. The 4200 and 6500 series, another matter all together.

DF
I own some very old (cheap) Bushnells (Scopechief etc..) that I'm not impressed with but I've heard nothing but good (and a lot of it) from 4200 owners. For $149, I think Santa just stuffed my stocking.
Geaux,

I saw the $199 price. Where did you see $149 for the 4200 3-9x40?

DF
Cabelas website is down for the moment. Dad got burned on a 3200, trying to decide if I want to roll the dice on a 4200.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Geaux,

I saw the $199 price. Where did you see $149 for the 4200 3-9x40?

DF
It's at the link? I have on in my shopping cart online right now, $149. Does this link work?
$149
Arrrgggh.... site just went down!
Just ordered two.Took some time because of high activity on the site.Ya Think??????Dont forget code for $5 shipping WHOLIDAY
I bought 2 of these when they were on sale earlier this year at $199. I thought that was a helluva deal at $149 its a steal. I to have a cheap Bushnell that is junk. This is IMO a fantastic scope with very good glass.
GeauxLSU, your link worked for me.
The 3200 4x12x40 is also on sale for $159.99. Sorry about the linky-no-worky in my original post, I'm using a netbook and apparently don't know how to create links.
Originally Posted by Huntz
Just ordered two.Took some time because of high activity on the site.Ya Think??????Dont forget code for $5 shipping WHOLIDAY

Use promotion code WTURKEY for FREE shipping! Expires 11/8.
I just joined the train! Excellent deal
i just ordered 2 scopes! ... and picked up some "10x26 stieners" for 60$ off!
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't need it, but with the promotion code for shipping, it was only $163, delivered. Couldn't let it pass. Life is good.
Dang it, you guys just cost me $150!
Definitely worth it. Great glass and gotta love the rain guard feature. Plus it gave me the excuse to order a smaller item I'd been wanting but didn't want to pony up the shipping.
Originally Posted by sambo3006
Dang it, you guys just cost me $150!
Definitely worth it. Great glass and gotta love the rain guard feature. Plus it gave me the excuse to order a smaller item I'd been wanting but didn't want to pony up the shipping.

Oh DUDE! I just realized I was holding out on ordering wssm dies untill I had a larger order and totally spaced. Oh well... Oh wait, free shipping!
Yep, I always get those $10 off orders of $100 or more, $20 off orders of $200 or more etc... and I DELETED the one I got within the last week or so as I had nothing to order! mad
Oh well, just placed the order and with no sales tax in GA and the free shipping code provided.... order total was... $149.99! That was $150 I didn't know I needed to spend when I woke up this morning.
Thanks, Savage24! I had two $50 gift cards that I needed to use, so with the free shipping code, I get a nice new scope for only $50!
Two guys on the Optics Forum just had bought 4200's for $199. They called to complain and each got a $50 certificate.
I was one of those guys, and the scope literally showed up two days ago. The order I hear has to be within a week of the price drop. Not sure on that however.
Cool beans. Just got me one.
....IN!
Mighty tempting. I just can't get off the Leupold train, though. I just ordered two VX-11's from Cabelas. $239 each and there is a $10 rebate. Free shipping.

If I can figure out what I would do with it, I may grab one of those Bushnells.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Cabelas website is down for the moment. Dad got burned on a 3200, trying to decide if I want to roll the dice on a 4200.
I have a 3200 that's worked great for 5 or 6 years now. The only change I'd make is I wouldn't get the Firefly reticle. It works very well as advertised, but I've never found a need for it and the extra wide x-hairs are annoying for long shots. It would be good in dark timber, but not in the open country I hunt.
They are sold out now. Went fast when they dropped the price to $149
Couldn't pass that up for $149, it will make a great scope to put on a loaner rifle for guests.
Thanks for the post, ordered another Leupold!
$199 is a great deal. $149, WOW!

Guess I missed out on that one.

BTW, big difference between 3200 and 4200. 3200 doesn't do much for me and I don't own a one. I have several 4200's and a 6500. All great scopes (so far).

DF
They are back on the website at $199 and now through the 15th there is a $20 rebate on orders over $150. I assume you can use it on sale items obviously netting you $179. I'm tempted to get another one but need something more than 9x next.
It arrived Thursday. A very quick check as I ripped the box open at dusk gives it impressive marks on low light. Can't wait to try it out.
© 24hourcampfire