Home
Our first grand daughter is scheduled to arrive in about an hour. Son and DIL are at the hospital now and DIL is being prepped for a C-section. Baby is big enough that the doctor didn't want to stress mom or baby any longer. They were hoping it would not progress this way, but as long as both DIL and grand daughter come out healthy, I will be tickled. Gramma is beside herself right now and has been since the announced pregnancy. Hold good thoughts and pray if you are inclined to do so. Will upodate later . . .
grinSend seegar to....... grin
I Hope Mom and Dad both come through the birth OK.Have you formulated any plans for spoiling her yet?You know she has been thinking about it for 9 months.
Prayers coming from East Texas!

You are about to be wrapped around a little finger...get used to it! laugh

Ed
Congratulations Nick!! Have you bought the Chipmunk .22 yet? grin

Mike
Mike - no chipmunk yet, but there's a .36 cal squirrel gun ready for her!!!

Ed - Hardest part about the finger wrapping is that they are 650 miles away . . . but I'm betting her fingers will stretch that far.

Thanks all. More to come . . .
Oh, you can bet they will reach that far! grin

And you will blissfully allow it...

Ed
Posted By: Otter SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
Rose Margaret breathed the Minnesota air for the first time at 2:15 PM today. 21" long and 9#-11 oz. All involved are doing well . . . except for gramma, she's chomping at the bit to get up to the Twin Cities . . .

A grand daughter is a big deal in our family - they are few and far between. Naw, this one won't get spoiled . . . much!
Posted By: sargent Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
Congrats!
Posted By: mikeymjr23 Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
Congratulations!

My second neice (brother's first child) was born 2 weeks ago.

14.5 hours of labor, 5+ hours of pushing. The doctor finally decided a c-section was needed.
Posted By: isaac Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
Any day for me now,Otter. Our first,too. Blake Lynn has already made me cancel my week long hunt trip during Thanksgiving week since she won't yet come out into this world.

I got her a drilling last week. Shotgun next week.

Congrats to you.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
Congrats Nick.Ya better stop and see us on one of your trips!! smile
Posted By: T LEE Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
Originally Posted by Otter
Rose Margaret breathed the Minnesota air for the first time at 2:15 PM today. 21" long and 9#-11 oz. All involved are doing well . . . except for gramma, she's chomping at the bit to get up to the Twin Cities . . .

A grand daughter is a big deal in our family - they are few and far between. Naw, this one won't get spoiled . . . much!

HOT DAMN, just saw this thread.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Posted By: HugAJackass Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
Now this is exciting! Great news! A hearty Congratulations from Alabama!
Posted By: Otter Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
THANKS all. I'm having a hard time concentrating on work this afternoon - and we aren't heading that way for another 15 days. Gramma's going to be hard to live with/be around for that long.

Woody - we're flying up there this visit, maybe drive come Spring. Burnie's about out of vacation and it's a full day's drive (at least) each way. We will stop in on one of the trips we make . . . Yup, that's a threat . . .
Posted By: 1096here Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/16/11
Congratulations to all. We had our first grandbaby, little Piper Kay, born Sept. 21 so I know the feeling. We are lucky that they live close by, in fact just a few blocks from where my wife works. Spoiled-not much. Grandpa (me) made her a book case that looks like a doll house. Wife made me make the shelves 14" high so she can put her barbie dolls in in. Just the start guys.
Posted By: Scott F Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/17/11
Granddaughters are great! Enjoy your to the fullest.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: SHE MADE IT ! ! ! - 11/17/11
That's great news Nick! Congratulations Grandpa!!

Mike
© 24hourcampfire