Home
you were born in?

Lived in Michigan my whole life!
Not me - born in MI, moved to CO, back to MI and then WI all before I was 4. Later @ 22 moved to MI again, then to CA then to TX. I'm now back in WI.
Escaped form the land of my birth, Californication, in 1993. Never been sorry about it. Wish others of my clan would do likewise. Life is SOOOOOO much better up here.
Texas born and raised
Born in heaven, no need to move. Only two seasons to deal with(hot and cold), good hunting(of species I wish to hunt), good fishing, State gov. stays off my back. What not to like.
MN.

I love it, woods and water and such...but AZ gets more enticing every year. I imagine we'll end up splitting time there. Great country.
Born in Renton, Washington.

I've only left for military service and law school.

Back home now in God's country!!
Born here in Arkansas and was gone during my Army career but came right back here as soon as that was done.

I ain't leavin'. smile
Born in Little Falls, NY. Have lived in Ohio, Missouri, Hawaii, Maryland, Virgina, Massachusetts, Florida, Oregon, and Washington. Have visited all fifty states.
California. The Army made me American. I am hoping to move near Spokane in ten years.

California. "Bulldog, this is Spooky. Where do you want the fires?"

"Put it on the compound. It's theirs now."
Not me. Montanan now through and through, well almost. grin
Sure am I was born in Spokane, WA. I am a fifth generation WA Native on my dad's side on the west side and fourth Generation on my mom's side on the east side.

Live on a piece of property that has belonged to my dad's family since before Washington became a State in 1889.
Live in same city I was born and raised in.
still live on my property that I was raised on. Killing deer where I started killing them 50yrs ago..
Born in DC, and moved to Md when?? 3 maybe. Moved to where I am now at age 5. Lived here my whole life. Beautiful state, when you get away from the cities, and go west a bit. Politics suck, and we call it The People's Republic of Md. Seems the goverment here likes to compete with Mass and Californicate, to see who can be the most obnoxious.

Born in Missouri, only left for 1.5 years to move closer to a job on the Kansas side of the metro, picked up a lifetime resident hunting license before I crossed back over (one of my best purchases to date).
Was born about three blocks from here.
I was born in the U. P., moved away as a child, and moved back in '95 after a long spell.
Born in Beaumont, Texas.....not my choice, my parents chose that location. Moved north about 70 miles to Deep East Texas to a town of some 200 people (Chester) when I was 8 and have always lived within 50 miles of where I am.

I "strayed" a bit to Lufkin (45 miles away) for a few years, but ended up returning to my childhood home at Chester. I plan to die here....although if the world is at all fair (and the Lotto comes through) I "might" consider moving to the Hill Country just west of Austin (two daughters live near Austin).....but very much still in Texas. Hell, I was 14 years old before I ever "traveled" out of Texas.....when we drove across the bridge at Orange just to say I had been out of the state.

I know Texas is a bit different in some ways from other states (I could easily move 800 miles from my present home and still be in Texas), but I just can't imagine living in any other state. I've worked in many states (including every state east of the Rocky Mountains and a fair sprinkling of those west). Because of sports I traveled and went to multiple states. In fact I now work on the East Coast from Maine to the Carolina's......but still live in Texas. I'd much rather fly to work than live anywhere else.

I know everyone thinks "their" state is somehow better that any other, but even now (my wife is an Upper State New York native and HATES the Texas summers) I will only consider a semi-move. I "might" consider a summer home somewhere up north (Montana and Idaho are prime candidates), but Texas will always be where I'm from.
Born is E. Washington, my official address is in Oregon, but have spent the last three years working in SoCal. Can't wait to get home.

I do have dreams of moving to the area of Lewiston, Idaho, but surveying jobs are a little scarce there right now.
Born in Minnesota Then hauled on a train to Washington when I was all of two months old. Still here in Yakima Co for the forseeable future. cry cry cry
Spent most of my life in upstate NY.....now living large in GA
Born and raised in the old Rust Belt area of northeast Ohio, outside of Youngstown. When I was about 25, the optical company I was working for at the time said, "we've got a job for you-it's in Minnesota." I'm thinking, who did I pizz of to get stuck up THERE?

Thirty years later, I'm still fishing a new lake every week. I'll never go back, and contrary to popular belief, we do, in fact have electricity up here, and we don't throw spears at wooley mastadons for dinner. (Our football team does suck, but that's another story for another day.)
I am living in the first house I lived in as a newborn.
Born in Ohio...didn't have a choice that day...or I wouldn't have picked that...

I belong in Montana/ Wyoming...and no where else..
Born in and have always lived in Oregon.
Lived on the same farm in southeast Kansas until graduation from high school, moved 3 hours north to college, did an internship 5 hours southwest, but all in Kansas. Graduated college, got a job in southwest Missouri, about 100 miles east of where I grew up.
I was born & raised outside Pittsburgh, PA. I went to college at Bowling Green, Ohio. After I graduated for college moved to Denver, then work transferred me to Farmington,NM. I moved to Durango, Colorado in 81-----will not move again. Love South West Colorado. But I'm still bleed Black & Gold, GO STEELERS CB
Michigander whole life; probably why I love the weatern mountain country so much!
Born, raised and ain't ever leaving again!
Born and raised in Wisconsin. Uncle Sam sent me on vacation to south-east Asia, then they helped put me through college. Worked and lived in MT, CA, AZ. Now full circle back to Wisconsin.
Not me. I was born in White Salmon Washington where we lived for six months or so while dad was doing a logging contract.

I have lived most of the rest of my time in Oregon.

I wouldn't live ANYWHERE else !!!

(Except in the Winter.)
My Dad was in the Army when I was born. Both parents hail from South Dakota. I was born in Maryland. Lived is NM, TX, SD and when I graduated from college I chose WY to live in to raise my sons. I dearly loved the upland bird hunting and fishing in SD but WY is where I stay.
I'm about 7 miles from the hospital where I was born. No plans on leaving.
I was the first in my family to leave Wyoming in 144 years
I'm living in a state of shame and disgrace.

I posted a picture of a gorgeous Female's kiester.

When it's light, I'm going to cut some Thorn Mesquite, and flagellate myself .

GTC

Born in Ohio, college in Pittsburgh, Army then California since the sixty's hope to sell the ranch and move to Oregunn.
6th Generation Texan.
4th generation Arizonian...

Kent
Born in Jersey grew up in Georgia. Lived in Florida, Colorado, spent some time in Alaska and now reside in Washington.
i live 2 miles from the hospital i was born in.
Born, raised in Minnesota, been visiting Florida the past few winters. Plan to spend more time there in winters to come.
Born and raised 45 miles west of here.
Texas.

Alan
Nope, thankfully. Born, raised and educated in Northern and Central California leaving in 1995. Moved to Midland Texas then Benton Kansas, Kingwood Texas, Calgary Alberta, Dubai UAE, Doha Qatar and now between Atyruau Kazakhstan, Boerne Texas, Sandpoint Idaho. According to the crystal ball, in a year, year and a half I will be living in Perth Australia likely wrapping up my career there to settle back in Boerne and Sandpoint for good.
There was an accident at birth and I wasn't born in Alaska. Spent a while in uniform and finally retired to Alaska. Even los Anchorage is better than most of the deserts In which I spent so much time. Glad I did it but don't want to do it again. Only been in 49 of the states but too many countries to list. Plan to stay in Alaska from now on. The USA is blessed with great beauty but crappy politicians, particularly ours.
5th generation on a farm that was homesteaded in 1862....still have the original papers. As much as other places call my name, this is home.
Nope - Born in Pa, lived in RI, Mass, and presently in Md.
Born in ND, then moved to TX.
Born in Ocala, FL 51 years ago today and then moved with the family to Michigan in 1972. In between I've traveled all over the world for Uncle Sam and am back in Michigan again.....
Happy Birthday frogman43!! smile
Born in Cleveland Ohio
Now live in Western NY
1st generation American, born/raised in Chicago, Uncle Sam sent me to Texas, Colorado and then Europe & Asia then back to Texas.
Left Uncle Sam and went back to Chicago for about a month, (that was all I could take), then back to Texas where my future bride was in college.

This is probably my last stop all though I do dream of Montana or Wyoming or maybe even Idaho, but that Texas gal I married does not like the cold. smile

3rd generation wanderer
Born in Wisconsin, 12 miles from my hometown, only time that I have been away was when my future wife and I lived in an apartment in the town that she grew up in for about a year and a half.
Born in Ohio, hung around for six months and Dad got transfered.
Flown over Ohio, driven thru Ohio, have not spent the night there since 1948.

Jim
The branch of my family tree came to Texas in 1854 and I am still here.
Live a mile from the hospital I was born in.

Family farm is south of town across the line in Missouri, so I grew up and went to schools down there. Practiced in eastern Iowa for a short while, then moved back close to home (my north Missouri hill farm).

But I've lived in Iowa so long I even have hooks on my log chains now.

I live on the same piece of ground that I was born on and expect to die here. My Great Grand-Father moved from Mississippi after the war of Southern Independence was lost, and bought this piece of ground in 1889 and it has been in my family ever since. Mother went to the Dr. at Beebe to have me, but the Dr. told here it would be several days before she would deliver. She returned home and promptly had me. Only time that I have not lived here was when I was in the Army and the first two years I was married. I lived in a small town about 15 miles from here for that time. miles
PA-> IL - > IN - >FL -> WA - > CA -> MD over 48 years and don't intend to remain here either!
Hit the dirt in Arkansas, tillin' dirt in Oklahoma smile

Gunner
Living in sin, located in Hell Michigan. Have lived at several locations in Mi.
Born in Mississippi and currently live here. I was an oilfield brat and lived all over the south and the middle east.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
you were born in?

Yes
True East Ky. hillbilly. I'm so hillbilly my first wife is a great great grand daughter of Devil Anse Hatfield.

Currently maintain homes in Alvin, Tx. and Hatfield, Ky.

I abandoned the coal mines in the early 80's and have lived in Ohio, California, Oklahoma and Texas.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Born in Little Falls, NY. Have lived in Ohio, Missouri, Hawaii, Maryland, Virgina, Massachusetts, Florida, Oregon, and Washington. Have visited all fifty states.

I've had the reverse trek, Born a stone throw from Discovery bay, now live a stone throw from Little Falls.
Born and raised in Louisiana, always wanted to move to one of the mountain states. In 05 said enough is enough, picked up and moved to Big Sky country, hope to never leave.

Tim
Wow! Amazing.
Born in North Carolina. As a kid, moved to Tennessee and Virginia then back to North Carolinia. On my own, I've lived in -
South Carolina
Georgia
Washington, DC
Missouri
Colorado
Korea
Arizona
And now South Dakota.

Bob
Dad was a North Dakota rancher. Mom was a Northern Wisconsin Dairy farmers daughter. When Dad went to the south Pacific to work on the Japanese problem, Mom went home to Wisconsin. I was born there. When dad returned we went back to Dakota for a short time while wounds healed. Then to Minnisota while he was in the VA hospital. Then to Montana until I was a sophmore in high school. Then Illinois, Then Missouri, Kansas, Western NY, back to Kansas,back to NYS and now I am in the north west corner of South Carolina. Would like to return to Montana but health issues most likly are not gonna allow that this side of the sod. It ain't bad here but it ain't Montana.
Born in MI and still live here (67 years) but do not in my hometown.
Only time spent living outside MI was when Uncle Sam was my landlord. smile

Me too.
Originally Posted by Hawken
Originally Posted by Scott F

I've had the reverse trek, Born a stone throw from Discovery bay, now live a stone throw from Little Falls.

We own a beach place on Discovery Bay at Adelma Beach. You may have been there as it's next to Nevelle's Beach where all the kids from Port Townsend learned how to swim before Port Townsend built a Swimming Pool.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Born in Louisiana, spent 20 years away while in the Navy, and moved back to the south in Mississippi. I do work out of LA though. Still have tons of family there.
on moms side im the third generation born and raised within 50 miles of here, on dads side the second generation.....
Born/raised Louisiana left at 18 for USNavy. Moved to Wisconsin. been here 18 years.
I'm an Army brat and have been in the Army 24 years. My folks are from Oklahoma and most of my family is there.

Germany (born there and 3 years there a second time)> Maryland> Oklahoma (19 years)> Virginia 3 times (4 years total)> Colorado> Tennessee> Kansas> South Korea (twice, 3.5 years total)> Japan> North Carolina> Texas (after many years of trying to get back to this part of the country). I've also spent extended several extended stays in various places you see in the news. I'll go back to Oklahima after the Army if I can get a job there.

Expat
Yep, born, raised and workin and raising a family in MI. If I could convince my better half, we'd be in the Keys in the winter time, but she knows she would never see me as I would be on the water fishin' the whole time we would be there!
Born in GA. My uncle sent me to SE Asia with the USMC, but they shut it down after 4 months and 4 days in country. Spent the rest of my tour in various places in Hawaii, California, and SC. Since then, I have lived in NC, SC, Hawaii, and now I'm back at the homeplace in the mountains of NC. Thinking of making the move to southern Idaho, Montana, or possibly the Ozarks. This is contingent on selling the two places that we own here, and the market aint looking too good right now.
Virginia born n bred
Air Force Brat. Born a Tarheel, lived in South Carolina, Indiana twice, Michigan 3 times, Nebraska, Louisiana, Alaska, back to Michigan, then back to NC, and finally MI again. Joined Army in Michigan, Basic at Benning, Ft. Polk, LA; Kingdom of Kuwait, Fort Hood, Tx; Ft Lewis, WA, Thailand; Fort Carson, CO, numerous trips to the NTC in Death Valley. Been in Colorado since 96.
Born and raised myself in WV. Left when i was 19 to march in Uncle Sam's legions for a few years and never went back.

I'm now a diehard Alaskan for the last 24 years.
There is a poster on here that sums up my feelings perfectly with his sig line.....
you were born in?

Not me. The leftists have ruined New York.
Texan, by the grace of God. Seventh generation in God's country.
Born in, and raised in and around the Mean Bean (Boston MA), with the exception of ~3 years in Tokyo. Slowly but surely creeping north... wink
Slowly but surely creeping north...

I might make an exception in my usual train of thought there..... wink

NH, born and raised. I've seen 48 of the 50 (Alaska is next on my list) and could never bring myself to leave. I'm 20 minutes from where my mom and dad were raised, three hours (give or take) from my "home".

George
if you,ll take a canuk
born in Victoria ,lived and worked much of lower B.C. Miday,Creston, Kamloops ,Kelowna ,
Alberta [great hunting] now working in Victoria [winter ]Alberta [Summer],
best of both worlds
dream is to see Az co,NM ,tex <been in Cody WO,Billings ans Missoulia ,Spokan ,san degio ,Loved the AnzaBerago desert

i ve read to much about south central and western to not want to go there
Born and raised in MI, moved to 'Occupied VA'(north of the Rappahannock) for 11 years, got tired of being a damyankee and came back home to MI. Much happier back home except for the lack of decent BBQ.
Born in DC, raised in MD (25 years), lived in ID and MT (1 year), NY (1 year), MO (1 year) KS 1 Year), PA (1 year), VA (10 years), NJ (3 years) and back to VA (28 years) - should total to 70 years).

Lots of experiences and learning.
Arizona, born and raised. Lived in NM, CO and CA. Regretted it every time I moved away. Even regretted moving to Southern Arizona from Northern Arizona.

I never say never, but I hope I don't need to leave again.

Wouldn't move for double my wages, as long as my wife didn't find out about the offer! grin

Sycamore
Not me . . . Born in Nebraska, lived there until I got married and we moved across the river to Iowa for 7 years before moving back to Nebraska. Lived within 75 miles of the hospital I was born in until 9 years ago. After 50+ years in the upper midwest, we moved to Arkansas with my wife's job. Still own some farm ground in NE . . . does that count?
Born and raised in Washington state. Joined the US Air Force at 18 and have lived in Alaska, Nevada, Idaho, Japan, Germany, Alaska again, South Dakota, Georgia, Arizona and Virginia. Currently back in Japan working for the US Army. Also had "paid vacations" to the Middle East and Africa, courtesy of my Uncle Sam. Someday hope to get back to Washington....
Originally Posted by NH K9
Slowly but surely creeping north...

I might make an exception in my usual train of thought there..... wink

George

Oh, wow! I've been almost, sort of, but not really given a weak, non-definitive, suspicion-laden (with undertones of warning) endorsement by a Coos Co. boy? I'm humbled. This flatlander knows how huge that is!

wink grin

Are you sure you've never heard of a guy out of Twin name of J. Staples?
When I was born, my parents lived in Payette, ID. There was no hospital there, so I was born a couple miles away in Ontario, OR. I've never lived in OR, though, being a life-long ID resident.
Moved around a bit in my wilder days, But always came back to Ohio
Now live 1.5 hours south from NE
Out of the snow belt.
Me - dang it..
Several generations in northern New Hampshire. Don
Born in WI. Spent time in TX and NV while in the service. Been back in WI since 1968.
Yes, Indiana.
Born and raised in MN. I live 1 mile from where I grew up. 5th Generation here in Minnesota.
born in idaho took a job in anchorage ak for five years, loved it. but moved back to idaho trying to reconcile with an ex wife.........stupid move ! but it worked out in the end with a different wife ! smile
Born in Indiana, raised in Indiana, prolly die in Indiana....grin

maddog
Born in MN .....back when saint paul, was a saint..(land of ten thousand taxes/ very high humidity!) then off to WI,(more very high humidity,then the taxes followed!),off to/in the Army(DC/VA 3.5years) ALASKAN since 84' >(no tax, no humidity, fewer people grin).....I can look out the window and see where i'm going to die........
Born in Pa. and have lived in several parts of it. Can't see any reason to move so far.

Dale
Born in Wisconsin and still a Packer fan. laugh
Moved to Minnesota, then to Idaho and finally Washington. The wife says we should move back to North Idaho some day and she won't get any argument from me.

The rest of my immediate family that are still alive still all live in Wisconsin and I don't know if my mother ever truly forgave me for moving west. smile laugh wink
Born in Louisiana. Family is from Texas and have lived there an aggregate of about 10 years. Now living in MS and about to move to Florida or Alabama depending on which side of the state line I find a house on.
Originally Posted by ghost
Born in DC, and moved to Md when?? 3 maybe. Moved to where I am now at age 5. Lived here my whole life. Beautiful state, when you get away from the cities, and go west a bit. Politics suck, and we call it The People's Republic of Md. Seems the goverment here likes to compete with Mass and Californicate, to see who can be the most obnoxious.

+1 Baltimore runs the states polictical machine.

Doc
50 years in Western New York.
I am, in FL. Been here all my life except for about 4 yrs in Texas when I was in my 20's. When I retire, I'm gone, though.
I was born in Berkeley, Ca.

I do not live there now. grin
Born in Wisconsin, joined the Navy in 1971 and have since lived in Connecticut, Illinois, Florida, Maine, South Carolina, Virginia, California and Maryland.

I've been in Maryland for 22 years and will probably move away in six years when my wife retires. When she retires we'll be married for 44 years and deserving of a new location completely of our own choosing I figure. There isn't anything in Wisconsin powerful enough to draw us back there so we're wanders.

We travel a fair bit having been to all 50 States (or 52 or 58 or however many ALL represents nowadays ;-) ). We discuss moving to south central Colorado (San Luis valley area) or perhaps a place in mid Texas (Abilene area) and another in northern West Virginia. There are a lot of nice places and a bunch of fine people spread out over this country. Alaska (Fairbanks area) would be nice for a part time home too but its a long drive across Canada and I can't stomach the TSAs antics so no flying.

Nope. I was born in Ohio, then made my folks move west just before I turned 2. Tried New Mexico and Texas, then settled on Colorado about age 4 or so. Moved around the state a few times til I joined the Air Force at 19, then got stationed in...Colorado! Moved to Korea, Florida, Korea and Alaska, then came back to Colorado. Did another 3 years in Alaska before I came back to Colorado for this final assignment.

Don't see me ever again living in the state in which I was born.
Originally Posted by fish head
I was born in Berkeley, Ca.

I do not live there now. grin

Awwww, why not???? grin
I am...

Texas

Ihe Seismic Field took me to a lot of places but I always came home to Texas.
Born in Michigan. Air Force took me to 4 other states, moved back to Michigan for 2 years but the commute to Alaska was killing me so, here I am.
Originally Posted by old70
Born and raised in MI, moved to 'Occupied VA'(north of the Rappahannock) for 11 years, got tired of being a damyankee and came back home to MI. Much happier back home except for the lack of decent BBQ.

After reading about the decent BBQ and after living in North Florida for 12 years I do agree with you 100% as I miss Taylor's BBQ on West Myrtle in the shadow of I-95, Cotton's on Beach Blvd, the place on N Main and the BBQ and Steak Places out on Blanding Blvd owned by the two brothers.

Yep, I do miss the North Florida/South Georgia Style of BBQ even after forty years.
Not me. Born in Denver and live in upstate NY. Long story...... frown
© 24hourcampfire