Home
What does this non-hunter need to hunt coyotes in NJ?
Shotgun?
Loaded with buckshot?
Permit?
Where can I shoot?
What do you do with the dead doggie?
I'd go with BB or no.4 buck. Get a varmint call and instruction cd. Get an open field down wind of you. Try when the moon is up. Put dead coyote in back of truck. pull up by good looking jogger (female). Ask her if she heard anyone shoot yer dog.
Probably need a hunting license
Originally Posted by eyeball
I'd go with BB or no.4 buck. Get a varmint call and instruction cd. Get an open field down wind of you. Try when the moon is up. Put dead coyote in back of truck. pull up by good looking jogger (female). Ask her if she heard anyone shoot yer dog.

Hilarious!

I am a little disturbed you felt the need to specify "female" good looking jogger. whistle
A gun and some coyotes ought to do it.
Before hunting coyote in NJ (I once lived there), I'd check with the local game warden and possibly the local police chief. The downside it just too severe.
Originally Posted by ironbender
A gun and some coyotes ought to do it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This
Well, sometimes you just dont know about those NJ boys.
Works better if the field is upwind from you and the female jogger is attractive.
Bump
Originally Posted by eyeball
bump
Maybe take a hunter safety course before you become a statistic..
All but the dumbest, young coyotes circle downwind to pick up the scent of what has encroached into their territory. If brush is downwind most will circle and smell you and leave unseen. When one moves downwind to scent you, you best be able to see a good way and you best shoot before it catches your scent. You can often stop them for a shot by giving a voice bark before they get completely downwind. Good luck
A good lawyer. Adam
The first thing you need is a place that actually has some coyotes. A Predator call and center fire 22 or 22 Magnum if you call them in close the Shotgun with number 4 shot or even better the Dead Coyote load with T Shot in thick cover. You can try one of the Johnny Stewart E-Caller since they aren't all that expensive or you can get any rabbit in distress mouth blown call and do it the old fashion way. Call with the wind in your face , get set up without anything knowing you are in the area and stay at it and soon or later you will score. Standard grey clothes will work as good as Camo but that is your choice. Even better is to go with someone who has experience hunting in your area. Good luck let us know how you do. Most states require a small game license.
© 24hourcampfire