Home
back in the day, i discussed marriage with my Pastor.

we got into the subject of how many potential wives are availbe to various males.

i was happily married, and was quite willing to discuss the subject.

in his opionion, as a trained Seminarian, he thought there were some thirty marrigeable partners out there for any male or female.

thirty humans, male or female, as a potential marrigeable partner? can that broad choices of humans all be ok? are some choices better than others?
Yes an no.
I mean, no in yes
Originally Posted by Gus

we got into the subject of how many potential wives are availbe to various males.

i was happily married, and was quite willing to discuss the subject.

in his opionion, as a trained Seminarian, he thought there were some thirty marrigeable partners out there for any male or female.

thirty humans, male or female, as a potential marrigeable partner? can that broad choices of humans all be ok? are some choices better than others?

OK but I am interested in only the females.. So that is 15.. You can keep the males.. That is why I love "me DOG".... grin
What means marriage? (not for you to answer, Gus)
Originally Posted by Gus
Where did the trained seminarian get this figure? Sounds like a WAG.
In the bush, it is about 10 gals for every guy, if I were to guess about what I see. Most of the guys go off and never come back as soon as they get old enough to leave home. the guys seem to be more likely to get killed, go to jail outside or get hooked on booze or other forms of drugs. The gals always come back, even if they leave for a bit, because they are wired to take care of those that brought them up.
Originally Posted by 406_SBC
Originally Posted by Gus

yep, it probably was. how many folks will wind up in Purgatory? anyone know for sure?
Yea, He does.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yea, He does.

but, you don't?

i like that. when the Mighty Yahweh chooses to reach down and pinch your head off, will you be ready? grin
First of all, humans are not by nature monogamous. Which means females that are not available become available, and vice versa. In fact, marriage in and of itself sometimes takes on the characteristics of dating, wherein a person goes through several marriages before getting it right, just like people date several potential suitors before deciding to marry.

There are a variety of demographics that would go into the equation, including where one lives and ones age.

They say there is somebody for everybody. They lie. smile
Most of them.
TFF
OMG: I am way over my quota.

For me there was only one woman to marry, a mistake I won't repeat.
Originally Posted by DELGUE
First of all, humans are not by nature monogamous.
Another WAG or perhaps speaking from past failures. Monogamy among humans is not only normal, its the most fulfilling lifestyle--statistically speaking not a WAG.
Originally Posted by Gus

Something seems odd about that statement.......
Yea, Gus ain't right
Gosh damn, the fumes off the bong water are toxic tonight.

Gunner
Originally Posted by Gus

What is a WAG ?
Originally Posted by Cigar
Originally Posted by Gus

What is a WAG ?

WAG= Wild Azzed Guess smile
Wild Azz Guess
Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
An hour later let them out and see which one is happy to see you!

When the numbers of wimens dry up, I move to a different part of the state.
Still headed slowly south. Like a glacier.
Yea, Gus ain't right

You think? crazy
With a ballpark figure of somewhere around 57,500,000 (+/-) square miles of surface land on planet earth, and allowing there are thirty compatible "marriageable partners" for each person, you're looking at 1 potential spouse per 1,916,667 sq. miles.

Talk about trying to find the proverbiable 'needle in a haystack'!

Looking at it on the up side, though, it sure seems to me that you'll be needing to 'test-drive' quite a few.
Originally Posted by Mink
Yea, Gus ain't right

You think? crazy
Yes Mink. Consider the mental implications of someone not saying,"wives available for husbands" or "women available for men" but saying instead, "wives available for males". Is this a telling Freudian slip of a sick mind contemplating bestiality, or just an unwitting mental oversight indicating premature senility or congenital stupidity?
Bump
Originally Posted by Mink
Yea, Gus ain't right

You think? crazy
Yes Mink. Consider the mental implications of someone not saying,"wives available for husbands" or "women available for men" but saying instead, "wives available for males". Is this a telling Freudian slip of a sick mind contemplating bestiality, or just an unwitting mental oversight indicating premature senility or congenital stupidity?

I have a suspicion this is Gus' way of poking the ant pile and seeing what happens.
I don't think he was conscious of the revealing nature of his shocked terminology.
Is that married or unmarried? smile

© 24hourcampfire