Home
Well, they're bringing out a remake with guys that copy the originals and directed by the Farrelly Brothers. Trailer looks pretty good.

grin those 3 were funny back in the day...that looks good!

I likes 'SHEMP' best!
except that it's not going to be as funny. the three stooges are an institution that should not be messed with. what made them unique was their relationships with each other, which transcended the screen, and you could tell it.

this looks good, but will not be the same. very disappointed with the choice to modernize the stooges.
" nuck nuck nuck "

" hey moe hey larry "
Never have cared for them in the least. I maintain that humor was not discovered until the late fifties or early sixties. (I realize that I hold a minority opinion on this, and I now wait for someone to bring up the one thing that everyone on Earth except me considers the absolute classic, definitive example of humor, which of course, I have always found to be annoying in the same manner as mimes. blush )
Absolutely loved them as a kid.
Originally Posted by Recon_Jim
except that it's not going to be as funny. the three stooges are an institution that should not be messed with. what made them unique was their relationships with each other, which transcended the screen, and you could tell it.

this looks good, but will not be the same. very disappointed with the choice to modernize the stooges.

Well put.. They had a lot of adult humor that was over a kids head... If they did that it might work if not it will be a jump the shark moment...
I thought they were an interesting chance to see a tweaked vaudeville act on TV. Really transitional stuff. Most of it played pretty well, some stuff not so much. Overall, good stuff, and I loved them when I was young. Today we have "marathon" presentations, and I don't think it serves them well. Better in small doses. That's what they were designed for.
I always liked the stooges as a kid. I agree that a remake probably won't be that good. Kinda like the True Grit remake after John Wayne. Some things should just be left alone.....

maddog
Love them still!!
Yup! I Like em! I fear anything new will not be close to the Stooges! pick two!
Sofia Vergara too. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Never have cared for them in the least. I maintain that humor was not discovered until the late fifties or early sixties. (I realize that I hold a minority opinion on this, and I now wait for someone to bring up the one thing that everyone on Earth except me considers the absolute classic, definitive example of humor, which of course, I have always found to be annoying in the same manner as mimes. blush )

Communist! wink
"Calling Dr. Howard,,,,,,calling Dr. Fine,,,,,,, calling Dr. Howard!!!!!!!"

Always do that when we are in hospital with wifey..... It really pizzes her off!!!!!! grin

Bob N
Originally Posted by 5sdad

But one has to admit that the wit and wisdom of the GREATEST African explorer of all time, Captian Gregory T. Spalding, has the stooges beat by a furlong. Don't get me wrong, I love the stoogers, but Julius Marx was the greatest philosopher of the 20th century....... Funny thing is he'd probably agree with you as he never wanted to be associated with any organization that would have him for a member......

Bob N.
I've tried to like 'em, but just don't really find them funny. I hope for the sake of Stooge fans that the movie is worthy.
The depth of the Stooges is something most women do not appreciate.

Moebama, Larry Reid and Curly Pelosi? I'll pass.

The originals were the shiznit.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Moebama, Larry Reid and Curly Pelosi? I'll pass.

The originals were the shiznit.

Have to admit I was expecting to see pix of obama reid and pelosi,

tom
I'll take the chance and go see them. I'm a Stooges fan from way back. Let's hope Hollyweird has not done them too much damage. kwg
I laughed out loud at the trailer, especially the last bit with the lobster down Larry's pants.

Good comedy is timeless, and real slapstick is a genre you don't see much of anymore except for "Jackass" movies, and I won't get started on those.

The world changes, the originals are all dead. If this brings the stuff I loved as a kid in front of a new generation then more's the better. In today's uber-PC climate I won't be surprised to see lawsuits when, after seeing the movie, some 8 year old takes a hammer to his brother's head or pokes his sister in the eye. Woo woo woo woo woo! Nyuck, nyuck nyuck! grin
Originally Posted by pumpgun

Have to admit I was expecting to see pix of obama reid and pelosi,

tom

Ya mean like this?

[Linked Image]

Moe, Larry, & Curley yes.
Obama, Biden, & Pelosi no.
I couldn't stand The Three Stooges as a kid. Didn't appreciate them until I was over 40. Now I laugh so hard I need supplemental oxygen. Nice to see them back.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Always do that when we are in hospital with wifey..... It really pizzes her off!!!!!! grin

Bob N

Hey, next time you can get close to the microphone at a restaurant, especially near Lake Tahoe, just announce: "Donner Party of 40, your table is ready."
Can't get used to seeing them in color,.or in "today's" surroundings. Doesn't work for me.
Watch them every time they come on (a sure sign of my maturity according to my wife, women just don't get it) smile
Agree with the guy who said he couldn't stand the stooges asd a kid, but appreciates them now.

A nun is trying to teach the stooges to read, and Curly says, "I don't need no teaching; I can already read!"

Nun says, "is that right?", as she opens a book and hands it to Curly. "Read something from the bottom of this page, then..."

Curly takes the book, and says, "OK, no problem. Umm, OK, right here it says, "Paginnny".

The nun looks shocked and surprised, not recognizing the word, and takes the book from Curly to see the mysterious word.

She look at the book, and then disgustedly says, "that reads "PAGE NINE"!

wink
Thought this was going to be about bambam, harry and nancy. Didn't know it was going to be a serious thread grin.

I liked the Three Stooges as a kid . . . can't stand them now. Guess I grew up.
They are paying a complement to the Stooges, I think Will Sasso is in this, its looks like its going to be gut busting funny. Some years back they did a Bio Pic of the Stooges that was very good in my opinion. They are recognized for the comic geniuses they are. But it came late as the brothers were passing way. The same for The Marx brothers. There Humor withstands the only thing that counts time. I still bust a gut at all there antics. And I was born when the Stooges were part of hollwoods pass. I still remember watching Three Stooges shorts on local tv at 4 pm. Mom never did understand why I loved it. Most women would never get it.
Expected this to be about them TN gals.
No not really as I have absolutely no use for OBAMA, REED or POLOSI.
Let's stop the thread hijack and get back on track.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Plinker
The depth of the Stooges is something most women do not appreciate.

Yup the great pie fight. Years later, Johnny Carson was doing a skit on the tonight show, where he was supposed to get hit with a pie. He lammented that pie throwing had become a lost art grin
Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Bob N

Hey, next time you can get close to the microphone at a restaurant, especially near Lake Tahoe, just announce: "Donner Party of 40, your table is ready."

Stooge trivia time!!!!!!

Remember that show on NBC "St. Elsewhere"????? Sometime if possible,,,, listen to the background PA announcements when they page a doctor!!!!!!!! One of the producers/directors was a big stooge fan! They used it in many shows!!!!

Bob N.
Actually, I think I'm a bit surprised they would reprise this. I mean with all that (gasp) violence. You know, the nose tweak, the double face slap, the forehead slap, the "hit my hand and it swings around and clunks you on the head" trick and the mother of them all, the eye poke.

How many injuries are going to be caused by this remake if they actually do these terrible things? Oh the horrors. smirk

Loved watching them as a kid. This one might be worth getting on DVD.
Loved 'em! By the looks of the trailer, they actors studied hard and have the mannerisms and voices down cold. Not sure it will translate some 60 years after its heyday, but why not give it a chance.

grin
© 24hourcampfire