Home
We took the kids out shooting with us yesterday, and let them do a bit of shooting too. My daughter Gianna is 4, and my son Stehpen that somehere know is 7.
Gianna
[Linked Image]

All thumbs up!!!
[Linked Image]

Stephen putting in some time.
[Linked Image]

Stephen and the target downrange...
[Linked Image]
There is a very old abandoned mine shaft about halfway up the moutain and lasered 267 yards out from our spot. When the bullet hits the back wall of the mine they give a very loud satisfying KERRRWHACKKK for the kids.

They have been before, and shot one of our .22 rifles. This was Gianna's first time with a centerfire and Stephen's second.
They sure seemed to have a good time, and were still all grins about it at bedtime.
Awesome! I'm happy for you getting to do that with your children.

I'm gonna send a link of this to my wife who thinks our 5 1/2 year old twins are still too young to shoot a gun.
Good on you.
Love the 'Thumbs-Up'!

You did good!
WAY TO GO Sir!!!!!!!
Thanks guys!
My kids love to go shooting, hunting, and fishing with us.
Heck you should seen my son begging yesterday to shoot my new Sig pistol. He is still not quite ready for that though. grin
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
They have been before, and shot one of our .22 rifles. This was Gianna's first time with a centerfire and Stephen's second.
Just awesome! What type centerfire is it?
Very cool!
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Just awesome! What type centerfire is it?

Its a Rem. 700 in .223 AI. in a McMillan A-Hole. It was trued by VanHorn here in Az.
Timney trigger, Nesika style bolt shroud from PT&G, speed lock pin and spring, and the barrel is a 1:9" take off from an SPS tactical with a deep crown. The scope is a Nikon Coyote Special in 4.5-14x.
Thanks and kudos to your 4 year old daughter especially for shooting a 'big' gun! grin
Excellent, Thomas - just excellent.
grin Thanks PW.
I was hoping a couple of our little group of guys will stumble on this. Figured Greg would get a kick out of it too.
That's beautiful!
Mark
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Thanks guys!
My kids love to go shooting, hunting, and fishing with us.
Heck you should seen my son begging yesterday to shoot my new Sig pistol. He is still not quite ready for that though. grin

Tom
I have in my hideyhole a first generation colt s.a.a. bisley in 38.40, it was used in yuma at the turn of the century and killed a grizzley bear in mexico in the early day. Also used to kill a guy on whiskey row in prescott. Later used by my father as a prescott p.d. officer with a late 1800's holster.
At around age six i was bugging him to shoot the pistol. Okay. Went out to the city dump around dusk, he loaded it up with one round and i fired. The fireball was about two feet long, and it put me on my butt. I didn't shoot that pistol or fool with it for years after that. I think he was trying to teach me something. My grandson made some rank and friday i will watch him get the butterbars removed and silver bars implanted in the U.S.A.F.
I should take over some pictures of him for his cooworkers showing him in diapers firing a pistol. I think he was barely walking at the time.
Enjoy these days my friend, they grow up fast...

Kent
Great pics Thomas!

Great to see kids getting to shoot.
My grandson absolutely loves to shoot anything I will let him, with my Rossi Puma .44 his fav. I use light loads for him though wink

Hope to see more pics, and I will share some next time I get to Spirit River.

Later.....
Oh my, very, very nice.

The little girl reminds me of one of my grand daughters - so sweet, so much fun.
Looking forward to seeing them.

I count my blessings everyday. In fact I am smiling right now listening to the two of them giggling and cracking each other up while cleaning their rooms before bedtime.
Very cool!
Lucky kids.....lucky Dad!

I love seeing these kind of pics!
Thanks again guys.
© 24hourcampfire