Home
I put this in the optic forum but didn't get a response. I have an old pair of Zenith 7x50 prism binoculars. They have good glass but slightly out of alignment. A local camera shop said they send off binocs for Collimation but it runs around $100.00. I read that many binocs have their own set screws. I thought if anyone knows where the set screws are on these old Zenith type binoculars, could you tell me? These old Zenith look similar to those old world war II B&L binoculars.
Have you called any of the folks who specialze in Binoc repair ?
I do not know if this will help or not but give it a read.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6920576_collimate-binoculars.html
Nice link there.
Thanks. I miss being on a repair ship with a best friend being the chief in charge of the optical shop. I remember the big collimation tubes and could et work done like that for free. I have a set of older Bushnell that I use for checking out our sheep. Whenever I use them we have twice as many sheep as when I walk down and count. I am thinking I will try to use the step by step on the link. Can't hurt.
Just look thru one eyepiece and be done with it.
Thank you for the article, I have read a number of them, but what I need to know is where (if they even have them at all) the set screws are located on a pair of Zenith 7x50 binoculars. These are the old standard porro Prism type. It's possible they don't have them and would have to be sent to a factory to have it broken down and lenses set and glued. I'm hoping they have set screws located somewhere that I can then adjust to focus. All the articles I find about Zenith binoculars come from Europe. I don't think they were very big here in popularity.
Sorry, I knew navy opticalmen but was not one. I cannot help.
Quite all right, thanks for the article.
© 24hourcampfire