Home
Dang. So yesterday LEO's are after a perp that killed two civilians and later killed himself.

Now early this morning a State Trooper made a routine traffic stop in the Bremerton area around 1 AM, did not return any calls, another LEO in the area found him shot dead, in the road beside his patrol car.

Perps are getting out of hand up here on the Peninsula!
mad
Link to a story?

Ed
I hope the shooter dies slow and hard!
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Link to a story?

Ed

Google it . It is being reported on Fox's News
sounds like the one near here in Marion Ohio
a year or two ago

Very early morning a trooper pulls over a guy walking and gives him aid.
Puts him in the back seat to go to his abandoned vehicle.
And was rewarded with a shot behind the ear.
Ah but the police have it so easy and they routinely victimize the tax paying public to fill the municipal coffers between doughnut breaks!
Originally Posted by T LEE
Ah but the police have it so easy and they routinely victimize the tax paying public to fill the municipal coffers between doughnut breaks!

Don't think this is the time to have this debate, Prayers for the family. frown

In some parts of the country that does happen. Here we are blessed with fine officers. In my time here I have yet to run into or even hear a story about any officer who would not do you proud my friend.

This ticks me off. It is so close to home and it is on the routs I have driven truck. I have not seen a picture but there is at least a 90% chance I have met and talked to this officer and all I have met are fine men and women.
I had a neighbor who was a Trooper when I was in college in Massachusetts back in the early 70s...Bill had joined the Marines at 18 and did two tours in Vietnam... 6 ft 3 and 230 lbs of solid muscle...

he pulled over a car on the night shift out on I 485 before it was connected up to I 95 at either end..

when he put the lights on the guy, the guy took an exit ramp and then turned left at the bottom, and then stopped underneath the bridge there... in an isolated area...

Bill did the usual police procedure, of calling it in...

when he walked up to the drivers door to ask for the usual, at the last moment he saw the reflection off the nickle finish on the firearm and instinctively just fell straight back...

the shot, hit the brim of his hat, just above his eyes as he was falling back...

the perp evidently thought he has killed him as he took off...

that was the last that the Dept heard from Bill, and they sent out troopers on 495 to search for his vehicle... and kept on going past it, as it was under the underpass... he had staggered back to the cruiser and had turned off the lights...

they found him in his cruiser the next morning, totally in a state of shock...he was off duty on medical leave for like 3 months before he got over that...

this guy up in Washington.. I hope they find the guy... and then that is the last we ever hear of it...

between the number of meth heads, illegal immigrants growing dope on Federal Land, illegal immigrants that know that they won't be prosecuted for crimes thanks to the leftist liberal bleeding hearts....the Pacific NW is turning into a friggin zoo..
Prayers on the way

Can we PLEASE not get started on this schitt on this thread?
Being sarcastic before the azzhols show up. It is a damn shame that folks never stop to realize what the dangers are and the freaks & kooks the lurk the streets. I saddens me deeply every time one of my brothers or sisters behind the badge die doing their job.

There but for the Grace of God go I or one of my kids or other family still active.

Prayers for the officer, his family & co-workers have been offered up.
And I apologize for being cynical and making the first post.
Being sarcastic before the azzhols show up. It is a damn shame that folks never stop to realize what the dangers are and the freaks & kooks the lurk the streets. I saddens me deeply every time one of my brothers or sisters behind the badge die doing their job.

There but for the Grace of God go I or one of my kids or other family still active.

Amen to that!
Affirmative on EVERYTHING TLEE just said!!! There ain't no such thing as a "routine traffic stop"!!!
Originally Posted by Scott
In some parts of the country that does happen. Here we are blessed with fine officers. In my time here I have yet to run into or even hear a story about any officer who would not do you proud my friend.

This ticks me off. It is so close to home and it is on the routs I have driven truck. I have not seen a picture but there is at least a 90% chance I have met and talked to this officer and all I have met are fine men and women.

Yes, I agree. We have good LEO's up here, especially the State Troopers. The son of the lady living across the road is a stater, has been for at least 15 years. We call him "Big Mike", around 6'-4". Nicest guy one could meet.

I run that road at least 2 or 3 times a month, know exactly where the exit is.

Video this morning on the Seattle TV shows a F350 the perp was driving being hauled. 4x4 crew cab with a contractor's rack on the bed, I am sure folks knowing the guy will drop a dime soon, truck is real easy to identify if you knew the perp. Last word is he jumped out of the truck on a back road and beat feet.
Maybe he'll get a dose of the medicine they gave that turd down in Florida back in '06.
Looks like the perp just offed himself when LE arrived at his house.

Justice for him.

Prayers lifted up for the Trooper, his family, both blood and badge, and for the family of the perp.

Ed
Brave, weren't he? I guess I was wrong to expect more from a dirtbag.

May the Good Lord bless and comfort his people.
Prayers to the family. I hate to hear of any worker who dies on the job.
Apparently the perp has committed suicide.
Question is why did he need to kill someone innocent first.
Dammn

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/23/washington-trooper-shot-killed-in-traffic-stop/
Very sad for the Trooper and his family and loved ones, I for one am glad the guy offed himself, the families can begin their healing without the need and constant reminder of a long drawn out trial.

and TLee, I know where your head was when writing your first post, no explanation was needed, but that was just a path that is best not taken here. smile
Originally Posted by Scott F
I hope the shooter dies slow and hard!

I heard about this on the way into work today. You were the first person that came to mind (not as the perp obviously grin). I'm glad that you and yours are ok, Scott.

I hope you can forgive me, but I actually prayed that this piece of trash would cross your path. I know you carry, and are more than capable of issuing justice. I also wouldn't wish that for you, but like I said, you were the first person on my mind.

If I were the cops family, I'd want the creep to cross your path. As your friend, I'm glad he didn't.

Roger that T.
Sad to hear of this Troopers death. I'm also sorry for the shooters family, not the shooter.

WSP is a good agency. The former Chief of Police in N'ville, was the Chief of the WSP, before coming to N'ville, he's now Chief in NOLA. FWIW, USDOJ statistics show the SE & PNW, two of the most dangerous areas for LEO's due to assaults and deaths.
And I apologize for being cynical and making the first post.

No need. I recognized it for exactly what it was. In some parts on this country your comment and those who make comments like that for real are justified. Not here.
Originally Posted by Cabriolet
Dang. So yesterday LEO's are after a perp that killed two civilians and later killed himself.

Now early this morning a State Trooper made a routine traffic stop in the Bremerton area around 1 AM, did not return any calls, another LEO in the area found him shot dead, in the road beside his patrol car.

I don't understand why they don't put two cops in a car during the hours of darkness. Would stop this crap.
West Virginia is too stupid to extradite this killer to Arizona to be fried: http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/williams-ronald-turney.htm
As common as traffic stops are, their is no such thing as routine.

RIP Brother.
Many departments, mine included, run 1 man cars for more area coverage or at least the perception. It's a numbers game.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Cabriolet

I don't understand why they don't put two cops in a car during the hours of darkness. Would stop this crap.

I'm trying to think of a State Highway Patrol or State Police agency that rides doubles, I can't think of any. The same with S.O's or city agencies, other then the largest in the country. As was stated it's a numbers game.

When I worked patrol I always monitored the THP radio freq. if they were close on a stop, I'd back them up, as most of the shift did. You've got to take care of each other in regards to backing each other up, especially in a large geographic area.

I was trained that traffic stops come in three forms, low risk, high risk, unknown risk. The risk factor isn't just the person you've stopped. It can also be the place and traffic conditions in which the stop is conducted that adds to the risk.
Yep, I met him twice. He worked an accident where I was held up in my truck for an hour or so. Had a nice chat with him. Seemed like a nice guy.

Picture HERE
Condolences to the family and friends of the slain trooper.

as luck would have it, he's probably one of the best of his detachment.

that's been my experience in the officers that have fallen in the line of duty in the AO's I've lived in.

but even if he weren't the best of his bunch, someone lost a son, a son that swore to serve and protect his community.
RIP Washington Trooper! New Jersey State Troopers used to ride double on midnights, they gave it up a long time ago, doesn't make sense to me. I do have to say when a NJ Trooper pulls someone over at night a second trooper usually gets there pretty quick to back them up!
© 24hourcampfire