Home
Does anyone know if it is legal to buy/own/sell the Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV) body armor the military is issuing now?
I believe as long as you are not a felon and they are not GI issue which would mean some soldier sold them making them stolen. But I may be wrong.

Army IOTV

[Linked Image]
Depends on what State you live in I believe some States have outlawed all body armor for civilians.
As it's been said, depends on your state and local laws.

The interceptor is OK but I'd recommend the eagle industries scalable plate carrier. It has level 3 body armor (same as IOTV) but it's a lot lighter and more maneuverable and the costs are comparable. It's what we in the Marine Corps are currently using in Afghanistan.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
thanks for the info guys. I'm going to do some more research, if I find out anything for sure I'll put it back here.
You can buy the stuff depending on state and local laws. there are various levels. level 3 i believe is rated to stop 9mm ball and then it goes up from there. current military is point blank brand level 3 with SAPI insersts. Stands for Small Arms Protctive Inserts. supposed to with stand 2 rounds from 7.62 armor piercing ammo.

You can check bulletproofme.com for more info.
Legal in Texas unless you're a criminal.
How... WHY on earth would any state make it illegal to purchase protective clothing?

Because of things like the Bank of America robbery in California.
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
How... WHY on earth would any state make it illegal to purchase protective clothing?

Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
Because of things like the Bank of America robbery in California.

Truck driven by illegal immigrant crashed a divider and killed 2 a few years back. Neither are banned.

I didn't say it was right or relivant, I answered why laws like that get passed.
© 24hourcampfire