Home
Posted By: T LEE We Remember - 04/22/12
AIR POWER
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: We Remember - 04/22/12
Great video.
Posted By: MHCT48 Re: We Remember - 04/22/12
Great Video.....
My father passed away some years ago. He would rarely talk about his time in the service. He once told me "I had a job to do, and I did it, and don't want to re-live it". About a year ago, I finally went through the file with all his military records. He was a bombardier in the 14 Air Force. According to his discharge papers, he flew 74 combat missions, 72 as lead bombardier.
Any time I see a video like this, it always brings tears to my eyes thinking about the sacrifice that so many made for our freedom...and how we are losing these veterans, and the freedoms they fought for, every day....
Now we have people trying to destroy, from within, the country they fought to save.....
Posted By: shootinurse Re: We Remember - 04/22/12
Damn allergies, anyway. Great video.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: We Remember - 04/22/12
Thanks, Terry !

GTC
Posted By: g5m Re: We Remember - 04/22/12
Nice!
Posted By: crittergetter Re: We Remember - 04/22/12
ONE OF THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN,THE MUSIC AND SONG WERE PERFECT.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: We Remember - 04/22/12
Nice to see the Hueys included in this tribute. The chopper jocks had to have b@lls that clanged, man. I am very fortunate to have a living uncle who crewed on B-24's. He was a flight engineer, and an accomplished artist. He's in his 90's now, and still does architectural design. He did lots of nose are on the big bombers he crewed on, and some of his work is in the Smithsonian. He's a living history of the plane that put Consolidated on the map. He has a picture of a B-24 in flight hanging on the wall behind his drawing table. To me it just looks like a plane in flight. To Harry, it's telling a story. He can pick that picture apart and tell you exactly what's going on with that bird. From the oil stains on the nacelles, to a cracked vent window behind the pilot, everything tells a story.

Can't say it enough-thanks to all our vets who served their country so selfishly.
© 24hourcampfire