Home
,...this is why.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/04/ron_paul_supporters_dominate_l.html

Ron Paul supporters dominate Louisiana's Republican presidential caucuses
smile
I read your link�

While congratulating the Paul campaign "for apparently capturing their first state delegation in this presidential election cycle through an excellent get-out-the-vote effort today," Sarah Roy, chairwoman of the Greater New Orleans Republicans, characterized it as an "odd and undemocratic result" that would embarrass and distract both Romney and Gov. Bobby Jindal.

"The result of this ill-conceived and confusing caucus clearly does not represent the will of the vast majority of Louisiana Republican voters, as Ron Paul recently received only 6 percent of the vote in the Louisiana presidential primary," said Roy, who on behalf of her organization called for the state party's leaders to resign for designing Saturday's "debacle."
Now I understand why he's being such an a-hole today. grin
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I read your link�

While congratulating the Paul campaign "for apparently capturing their first state delegation in this presidential election cycle through an excellent get-out-the-vote effort today," Sarah Roy, chairwoman of the Greater New Orleans Republicans, characterized it as an "odd and undemocratic result" that would embarrass and distract both Romney and Gov. Bobby Jindal.

"The result of this ill-conceived and confusing caucus clearly does not represent the will of the vast majority of Louisiana Republican voters, as Ron Paul recently received only 6 percent of the vote in the Louisiana presidential primary," said Roy, who on behalf of her organization called for the state party's leaders to resign for designing Saturday's "debacle."
That's what you call sour grapes.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What is your excuse?
I read your link�

That's what you call pissing off the troops.

Actually, it's called studying the system,..learning how it works, then acting accordingly.

Big government's people do it constantly.

This time, the regular people did it.
Actually, it's called working the system and the fact that big government people do it is no justification.

It makes the Paulies no better than the Establishment.

If Paul got only 6 percent of the vote in the Louisiana presidential primary�
Actually, it's called working the system and the fact that big government people do it is no justification.

It makes the Paulies no better than the Establishment.

If Paul got only 6 percent of the vote in the Louisiana presidential primary�

But he got a much larger series of delegate votes.

I guess the people who voted for someone other than Ron Paul in the primary don't care enough about their candidates to actually turn out and vote for them when it really matters.
Besides,..Santorum won the Louisiana primary and he's dropped out.

It looks like his supporters are Ron Paul people now.

So what's the problem?
Life is like a box of chocolates
A couple of points that B must have missed......from his link.

"As a result, under party rules, Paul is guaranteed at least 17 of the 46 delegates to the convention at which Romney will almost certainly be nominated for president."

" The results guarantee he will have a strong presence in the state's delegation to the Republican National Convention in August, even if he has little hope of winning the party's presidential nomination."

Don't think Steve_NO is losing any sleep over this.
Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul

Give it a rest....

Steve was here today bringing me a Lab and he was in a great mood...a little sad, perhaps, but we had a great visit but, then, we tend to see things the same way. smile
Mickey... was that the black Lab that we "adopted" at Pat Powell's hog-hunting camp back in Feb? If so, you done good. That there is a GOOD pooch.
Originally Posted by Sig220
A couple of points that B must have missed......from his link.

"As a result, under party rules, Paul is guaranteed at least 17 of the 46 delegates to the convention at which Romney will almost certainly be nominated for president."

" The results guarantee he will have a strong presence in the state's delegation to the Republican National Convention in August, even if he has little hope of winning the party's presidential nomination."

Don't think Steve_NO is losing any sleep over this.
It will upset him, whether he admits it or not, because he likes to say Ron Paul hasn't won a caucus or primary. Can't say that anymore. Fact is, Paul likely won three or four previous to this, and the final delegate count will likely show that, as that's much harder for the establishment to manipulate.
Originally Posted by MColeman

Steve was here today bringing me a Lab and he was in a great mood...a little sad, perhaps, but we had a great visit but, then, we tend to see things the same way. smile
Good luck with your new laboratory. You a chemist? grin

Seriously, though, it was nice of you to take that lab that Steve wasn't able to train. I hope you do a better job.

Seriously, though, it was nice of you to take that lab that Steve wasn't able to train. I hope you do a better job.

What an absolutely CHICKENSH$T post.

Good man for taking that dog in. The way you love your pups, he got real lucky with his new home.

Some more delegate news.

It's beginning to look like Santorum's people are joining the Ron Paul party. Santorum's people *really* don't like Romney.

An excerpt:

As reported by this author last week in the article, �Colo, Minn, GOP Delegates chosen � Paul Strategy Working�, the local Colorado Ron Paul campaign teamed up with the remnants of former candidate Rick Santorum�s supporters. Together, they created a fusion slate of delegates to take on front-runner Mitt Romney and throw their collective voting power behind the last challenger remaining, Ron Paul.

Last week, the Paul campaign sent out a press release quoting the Denver Post�s headline proclaiming, �Stunning Upset�. The Post was referring to Congressman Paul�s delegate haul in the state party�s selection process. More importantly, the Colorado selection was the first to be conducted since former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum dropped out of the race, leaving it to the final two men standing � Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.

The result, and a possible indicator of things to come, was Colorado Republicans refusing to give Mitt Romney even half their state�s voting delegates. If that trend continues, Mitt Romney cannot mathematically reach the needed 1,144 delegates, at least not on the first ballot.

This author pointed out last week that most of the national media, as well as the Colorado GOP, refuse to acknowledge Rep. Paul�s delegates in Colorado. The state party simply calls Paul�s delegates, �unpledged�. As the Paul campaign, as well as a small handful of other publications pointed out � Ron Paul actually took home 12 Colorado delegates, compared to 16 for Mitt Romney and 8 for Rick Santorum. Together, the anti-Romney delegates outnumber Romney�s 20 to 16.

I will add that I assume you will do a better job than Steve. Good on you for giving that dog a chance.

I guess it is all over for Romney now that The Crazy Doctor won something in an obscure state.

I suspect Romney will soon drop out and endorse him. I'll have to schedule a top-level meeting with my people to evaluate this most amazing event. Standby.
Keep the good news coming, Bristoe. I remember when the neocons here at the Fire were telling us to stop whining about Dubya's appointment of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court. They told us all that there was nothing anyone can do, so just deal with it. Turned out that the conservative base was able to reverse that travesty by just plain not quitting. You never know what you can accomplish just by not quitting, the opinion of the neocons be damned.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Mickey... was that the black Lab that we "adopted" at Pat Powell's hog-hunting camp back in Feb? If so, you done good. That there is a GOOD pooch.

That's the one! Steve named him 'Buddy' and that's what he is....a good buddy. He's been in the pond with Sugar, Abby, Peach and Patches. He's having a ball.

He thanked me several times last night for "rescuing" him from Loozieanner but axed me not to say anything because he didn't want to hurt Steve and Grace's feelers. They're great people, he says, but he loves the pond and all his new bro's up here. He loves to ride in the golf cart but sulks when I don't let him drive.

I can't imagine me being a better provider than Steve but I do have acreage where Buddy can romp and run plus 13 other dogs for him to enjoy playtime with....and he does love to play.

Buddy was an inside dog at Steve's and I must admit that he's still an inside dog. He slept on a pallet right beside my bed last night. He wanted in the bed because I understand he slept on Grace's bed but there just was not enough room. I already have three small dogs on the bed with me at night so he stayed on the pallet......after the third try. smile

That's the one! Steve named him 'Buddy' and that's what he is....a good buddy. He's been in the pond with Sugar, Abby, Peach and Patches. He's having a ball.

He thanked me several times last night for "rescuing" him from Loozieanner but axed me not to say anything because he didn't want to hurt Steve and Grace's feelers. They're great people, he says, but he loves the pond and all his new bro's up here. He loves to ride in the golf cart but sulks when I don't let him drive.
Awesome! I love a story with a happy ending.

Buddy was an inside dog at Steve's and I must admit that he's still an inside dog. He slept on a pallet right beside my bed last night. He wanted in the bed because I understand he slept on Grace's bed but there just was not enough room. I already have three small dogs on the bed with me at night so he stayed on the pallet......after the third try. smile
laugh
If Steve_NO is grumpy today,...
...and I thought this thread was about the Saints forfeiting draft picks
I read your link�

actually, no....I got a call while I was on the road to Mickey Colemans from a friend running for delegate who said don't even bother to go to the local caucus site....which is four blocks from my house. Paulies blocking entrance, I'm sure he was exaggerating when he said they were all smelly punks who looked more like occupiers than republicans....these are Bristoe's cherished young Paulies I guess.

they apparently did the same in many locations....not sure why we had a presidential primary in which Paul got his usual single digits if the delegate makeup is going to be determined by this rather undemocratic method.

but I guess this is the guerilla warfare the Paulistas have been promising......

Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I read your link�

actually, no....I got a call while I was on the road to Mickey Colemans from a friend running for delegate who said don't even bother to go to the local caucus site....which is four blocks from my house. Paulies blocking entrance, I'm sure he was exaggerating when he said they were all smelly punks who looked more like occupiers than republicans....these are Bristoe's cherished young Paulies I guess.

they apparently did the same in many locations....not sure why we had a presidential primary in which Paul got his usual single digits if the delegate makeup is going to be determined by this rather undemocratic method.

but I guess this is the guerilla warfare the Paulistas have been promising......

You didn't vote?

Well,..there ya go.

People struggling to be free.

If they blocked you from getting in, then call the cops. I frankly doubt it, though.

Run for your lives! The Ron Paul supporters are massing outside of town!
he said he thought it was some Obama counter demonstration protesting the republican caucus.....lots of real republicans avoided the issue altogether, since it looked like some kind of riot on St. Charles Avenue.

and since we voted in a real primary weeks ago, very few people knew this was going on unless they were running for delegate or had some other reason to go.

he said he thought it was some Obama counter demonstration protesting the republican caucus.....lots of real republicans avoided the issue altogether, since it looked like some kind of riot on St. Charles Avenue.

and since we voted in a real primary weeks ago, very few people knew this was going on unless they were running for delegate or had some other reason to go.

What folks voted in weeks ago was the straw poll. This is the delegate election, which is what counts. The latter was the part easily manipulated when your side controls the MSM and the Party establishment. The delegate selection process isn't nearly as subject to said manipulation.
very few people knew this was going on

,....and that's always worked in favor of the status quo until now.

Ron Paul's supporters have done a very good job of schooling themselves in the mechanisms of elections.

Hence,..the sour grapes from those insiders who used to be the only game in town.

They don't like it when other people learn the ropes.

Good deal, Mick. That dog is luckier'n... ne'mind...
grin
The desperation and want for credibility by the 'bots has reached manic levels.

It's a truly sad spectacle to watch,really. And they wonder why the majority of voters shrug them off as freakish side-shows. I guess they need such spectacles to feel comfortable even believing Paul is in any way relevant to this next election,save for preparing for a speech and riding off into a long awaiting sunset.
Buddy has a complex about fences....Mickey's place is unfenced and he can roam over a big piece of ground.

although he had a pool to swim in and two other dogs to play with here, he just couldn't resist the urge to escape and roam, and the dirt here is so soft it's almost impossible to prevent.....it was like having Steve McQueen in the back yard.

he took to Mickey right away, and got along with the rest of Mickey's pack.....I think it's an upgrade for Buddy, although Grace is sad about it.
I can't see why any American can view the Ron Paul energy as anything but positive.

*Real* grassroots people are schooling themselves in the workings of elections,...being active,...turning out the vote,...being diligent.

Anyone can do it for any candidate if they simply have the motivation to.

The liberty movement is real,...it's growing,..and it's not going to go away.

Ron Paul may not get the nomination this election cycle, but there's a large, growing element emerging among America's youth who are very motivated about holding government accountable for it's actions.

That's a *good* thing,...that's the *real* acts of Patriots.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Ron Paul may not get the nomination this election cycle

not really climbing out on a limb with that prediction, bro.

I was planning to vote in the Dem primary here because of county offices,but I guess I'll ask for a R ballot and vote for Mitt,so the Paulbots can't exploit the opportunity.

They have a golden opportunity to really inflate his numbers in Texas because of ABO voters ignoring the Repub primary.
I like the news on both fronts, Paul having a seat at the table at the convention and Buddy going from a home that was better than what he left and now one that suits him and his needs even mo' betta!

what's not to like?

well other than Grace's sadness over the gig, but Grace is a smart girl by all accounts, soon to be headed to college and the busy life that entails, that she's had one more lesson before starting college that doing the right thing isn't always the easy thing will only add to the fine woman I'm certain she's on the path toward becoming.

I can forsee a trip in Grace's future to Mickey's place to do a little shooting and see how happy Buddy truly is in his new digs with all his companions.

as an aside Steve, since you're in to taking in strays, I've seen pix of your beautiful home, I think I can fairly certain say if you drag my azz back there I won't be going all Papillion on ya!

Run for your lives! The Ron Paul supporters are massing outside of town!

I don't know where they are massing......guerillas usually hide in "the hills", but of course there aren't any of those within a hundred miles of here.
No,...but it's not about Ron Paul.

It's not even about this election anymore.

It's gotten much bigger than that.

This is a bona fide political movement that's starting to grow exponentially,...and it's a very wholesome one. It's the first one I've ever witnessed.

In fact, I don't think America's ever seen one like this.

The 60's produced a societal revolution of sorts,...but its people weren't really serious about working within the system,...and partying played much too big a role in it.

These young people today aren't playing.

This isn't a game.

Ron Paul can show up virtually anywhere in America and thousands of young people will turn out to see him,...and the crowds just keep getting bigger.

He's an idea whose time has come.
Like this,...when has this ever happened before?

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron...0-supporters-flood-streets-ignoring-rain

Ron Paul speaks in Philadelphia 4,300 supporters flood streets ignoring rain
He had a big turnout of students and others here in Austin the other day, according to the headlines of the local paper.
In fact, I don't think America's ever seen one like this
The Goldwater movement came close.
George Wallace was building a head of steam before he met his unfortunate demise as an active politician.
Originally Posted by poboy
He had a big turnout of students and others here in Austin the other day, according to the headlines of the local paper.

Yeah,..I hear he drew some people to Austin.

[Linked Image]
Looks like alot of folks.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I like the news on both fronts, Paul having a seat at the table at the convention and Buddy going from a home that was better than what he left and now one that suits him and his needs even mo' betta!

what's not to like?

well other than Grace's sadness over the gig, but Grace is a smart girl by all accounts, soon to be headed to college and the busy life that entails, that she's had one more lesson before starting college that doing the right thing isn't always the easy thing will only add to the fine woman I'm certain she's on the path toward becoming.

I can forsee a trip in Grace's future to Mickey's place to do a little shooting and see how happy Buddy truly is in his new digs with all his companions.

as an aside Steve, since you're in to taking in strays, I've seen pix of your beautiful home, I think I can fairly certain say if you drag my azz back there I won't be going all Papillion on ya!

Buddy and I are "trailer park trash" now and neither of us minds it one bit. smile He saw a squirrel this morning on his trek to the pond and was kinda like me on my first date with a hot girl.....I didn't know what to do with it, either. laugh
By any chance,did Steve try to "negotiate" a rifle build "exchange" during your visit,Mick?

What folks voted in weeks ago was the straw poll. This is the delegate election, which is what counts. The latter was the part easily manipulated when your side controls the MSM and the Party establishment. The delegate selection process isn't nearly as subject to said manipulation.

It wasn't any freakint straw poll...it was a primary election, you know what those are? secret ballot...voting machines...IDs...all that official type stuff.

not subject to being swarmed by brown shirts going to Tulane on their daddy's or the taxpayer's dime.
Originally Posted by RISJR
By any chance,did Steve try to "negotiate" a rifle build "exchange" during your visit,Mick?

actually yes....if you're making the ten hour round trip pilgrimage to Rachel's Glen, you might as well do some rifle bidness while you're at it. I scratched my .257 Roberts itch.
Originally Posted by RISJR

Not really but Badger was here when Steve arrived and Badger whispered in my ear that I should petition for "child support" for Buddy. It was taken in for consideration but nothing more has been heard from The Plaintiff. I'm not willing to press the issue having gotten a great dog out of the deal.

Now that I think about it there was some talk about a .257 Roberts.....may I have a moment to consult my notes, your Honor?

I know this does not need to be said but Steve is fine people and great company. I'm just sorry it was a "thunder run" to deliver Buddy. We didn't get to spend all that much time together.......we didn't even get halfway through the list of members at the 'fire. wink
Like this,...when has this ever happened before?

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron...0-supporters-flood-streets-ignoring-rain

Ron Paul speaks in Philadelphia 4,300 supporters flood streets ignoring rain

Well.

it was time for a bath anyway. And it was free........ grin

Just yanking your chain, Bristoe......... whistle
The Alaska GOP leadership bit off more than it could chew.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/alaska-gop-warned-stop-meddling-ron-paul-delegates

Alaska GOP warned to stop meddling with Ron Paul delegates

Cutler was asked whether he thought Alaska GOP officials were intentionally trying to make it difficult for Ron Paul presidential delegates to complete their party business and participate in the upcoming state and party conventions.

"While I cannot read anyone's mind or intentions," he said, "the numerous verbal and written accounts I've received � would make a reasonable person suspect this is the case." All he wants, he added, is for party officials to follow the rules to enable full participation in the election process.

Cutler's response echoed what the Paul for President campaign's lawyer spelled out in an April 17 letter excoriating Ruedrich for what amounts to party mismanagement that threatens to violate "rights of Alaskans to participate in the political process." The letter, from David A. Warrington of the Virginia law firm LeClairRyan, takes Ruedrich to task for frustrating Paul supporters "at every turn" for not accepting checks, not promptly returning money orders, confusing credit card processing, and other alleged misdeeds.

The Paul campaign decided to intercede and attempted to pay some fees for Alaskans that wanted to stand up for Paul at the state and national conventions. Ruedrich and the GOP refused payment from the national campaign.

Then this,..

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...miller-take-over-alaska-republican-party

Ron Paul supporters team with Joe Miller to take over Alaska Republican Party

After at least 12 years of the Alaska GOP being run by what those party newcomers call �establishment Republicans,� a new force is taking over: Alaska Republicans voted Russ Millete as the party�s new chairman and Debbie Holland-Brown as co-chair. They are both supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul.

4,300? As a Palinista�yawn�

4,300? As a Palinista�yawn�

Hard to believe anyone would admit to being a 'Palinista'.

What a dumb bittch.
Palin is yesterday's news.

A Ron Paul supporter is now chairman of the Alaska GOP.
The blind leading the blind in Alaska.
Ron Paul scooping up delegates in Mitt Romney's home state. It's been an eventful week.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/7650/ron-paul-wins-massachusetts-delegates-in-district-caucuses

Ron Paul Wins Massachusetts Delegates in District Caucuses

Each slate put up three delegates and three alternates, and 220 attendees sat and listened to speeches from each of them before voting. The Romney slate showed a quick video of Romney�s wife congratulating her husband�s supporters, followed by the Romney candidates� speeches. They made emotional, often angry, and desperate pleas for party unity. An older woman specifically called out the Ron Paul supporters, accusing them of undermining the democratic process. Her remarks were met with angry jeers from the crowd, as the majority Unity Liberty audience either shouted back in their defense, or merely laughed at what transpired.

Next, the Ron Paul slate gave its speeches. These candidates talked mostly about property rights, but never mentioned Ron Paul by name. The point which drew the most applause of the entire morning was one alternate�s call for putting an immediate end to the occupation of Afghanistan.

When votes were cast and counted (with witnesses from each slate), the total was: From the 193 ballots cast, Unity Liberty delegates Ronald Crochetiere (112 votes) and Marcel Burque (97 votes) won their spots. The third Ron Paul delegate, Joseph Cavallaro, lost in a close heat with a Romney delegate. However, the 13 provisional ballots may yield a clean sweep for the Ronald Reagan Unity Liberty Slate in a week�s time.

He's a weener grin
Ron Paul scooping up delegates in Mitt Romney's home state. It's been an eventful week.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/7650/ron-paul-wins-massachusetts-delegates-in-district-caucuses

Ron Paul Wins Massachusetts Delegates in District Caucuses

Each slate put up three delegates and three alternates, and 220 attendees sat and listened to speeches from each of them before voting. The Romney slate showed a quick video of Romney�s wife congratulating her husband�s supporters, followed by the Romney candidates� speeches. They made emotional, often angry, and desperate pleas for party unity. An older woman specifically called out the Ron Paul supporters, accusing them of undermining the democratic process. Her remarks were met with angry jeers from the crowd, as the majority Unity Liberty audience either shouted back in their defense, or merely laughed at what transpired.

Next, the Ron Paul slate gave its speeches. These candidates talked mostly about property rights, but never mentioned Ron Paul by name. The point which drew the most applause of the entire morning was one alternate�s call for putting an immediate end to the occupation of Afghanistan.

When votes were cast and counted (with witnesses from each slate), the total was: From the 193 ballots cast, Unity Liberty delegates Ronald Crochetiere (112 votes) and Marcel Burque (97 votes) won their spots. The third Ron Paul delegate, Joseph Cavallaro, lost in a close heat with a Romney delegate. However, the 13 provisional ballots may yield a clean sweep for the Ronald Reagan Unity Liberty Slate in a week�s time.

Despite all your "news" mitt romney will still get the nomination.
Yeah,..you may be right.

We all better hope not, however.

A Romney candidacy means 4 more years of Obama.
What a dumb bittch.
Be you wish she was, then you could share that attribute. laugh
Yeah,..you may be right.

So,ron paul ,who could not beat romney during the primaries,can beat obama. crazy
The primaries aren't over.

And yes,...Ron Paul would spank Obama in the general election.

You need to inform yourself.

There's a political revolution taking shape in America.

Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Yeah,..you may be right.

So,ron paul ,who could not beat romney during the primaries,can beat obama. crazy
Of course. One has nothing to do with the other.
The UCLA rally.

I do,ron paul has yet to win a primary,you should inform yourself. His little speeches don't mean votes at the ballot box,so that picture is about as useful as t@ts on a boar hog.

true enough. if the publican candidate beats the demo this year, i wouldn't be surprised if the demo party fractures into component parts. Greens will inherit a ton of the residual effects. the Libertarians will pick up a few pieces to add to their stable of platform planks as well.
Yeah,..you may be right.

Of course. One has nothing to do with the other.
You can spin it any way you want he still won't win the nomination.
ron paul has yet to win a primary,

Is that so?

lol,..

You need to learn to pay attention.

Current events are passing you by.
ron paul has yet to win a primary,

Is that so?

lol,..

You need to learn to pay attention.

Current events are passing you by.
Speak for yourself he still won't win the nominaton.
Originally Posted by Gus
the Libertarians will pick up a few pieces to add to their stable of platform planks as well.

Its momentum is going to carry it far beyond that.

The RNC has been bullying the liberty movement since 2007.

Now, the liberty movement has grown large enough to not accept the bullying and is taking over the chairmanship of the state's GOP.

The media would have you believe that it's just a flash in the pan which is being orchestrated by a handful of unrealistic young people.

It's not.

It's a very well led, very organized, very well backed, very dedicated endeavor,....and it's rapidly building a huge amount of momentum.

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for years,...but I have to confess,...I didn't think I'd ever see what's happening today,..especially what's occurred in the past few months.

It's pretty wild.

I'm enjoying it.
while i too much prefer the ideal of a simpler and more free world, we're getting long in the tooth for such an ideal outcome.

i'm almost to the point of going to the opposite continuum and hoping for a "benign" dictator to help set things aright. of course, he won't be all that benign early on, while getting things into correct order. but, later, we'll all come to appreciate his hard work and determination.

in other words, freedom is to be much desired, but i'm thinking we have lost our capacity to achieve it, as individual voters, while voting for the usual suspects.
Originally Posted by Gus

i'm thinking we have lost our capacity to achieve it, as individual voters, while voting for the usual suspects.
Well,...it's really not a matter of "we".

This paradigm shift is a product of the upcoming generations.

They have nothing to gain by maintaining the status quo,...unlike us older folks who are or will soon be dependent on the government to meet our old age needs.

What's occurring is the beginning of a fourth turning.

http://www.fourthturning.com/html/history___turnings.html

Ron Paul is merely a distraction, like Ross Perot was. Simple.
The RNC is the distraction.

It's repeatedly failed miserably at representing Republicans.

There's a movement afoot to replace its corrupt leadeship with those who are much more responsible to the wishes of conservatives in America,...and it's starting to happen.
Bristoe, it is pretty clear for those who have an eye with which to see, we are moving further into the post-modern era.

after coming off WWII as the single big winner, we have placed our tentacles all over the world. but, it's been a long time since those tentacles were brand new, some are 65 years old, or even older.

newer tentacles are emerging from other corners of the Earth.

again, i'm afraid time is running out for a more "simplistic" outcome.
Oh,..there's nothing simple about it.

That much has already been made clear.

The primaries are over.

By the time Romney takes Texas on May 29 with more than a 100 of the 155 delegates in a landslide in Paul�s home state; he will be close to or over 1200 delegates and he only needs 1144.
This spells it out is a few seconds.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hgsg7a-Ok8Q[/video]

The primaries are over.

By the time Romney takes Texas on May 29 with more than a 100 of the 155 delegates in a landslide in Paul�s home state; he will be close to or over 1200 delegates and he only needs 1144.

In the first place,...no,..the primaries aren't over.

In the second, no one knows the true delegate count.

But keep on wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood.

Some of us aren't ready to give up yet.
Granted, there's no holding back an idea whose time has come.

on the other hand, there's no successfully introducing an idea whose time hasn't come.

while i'm a centrist Libertarian according to the test, i remain a staunch arche fiscal conservative.

the Gold Standard gives me the jeebies. it's been tried, and rejected by the best minds that money can buy. grin

seriously, until some MIT mathematician comes up with a new and acceptable monetary theory to replace the one we have, we are stuck in the status quo. Yes, innovation in the monetary theory might could help. but, who's toting the proposed new idea for mass dissemination?
Palin is yesterday's news.

A Ron Paul supporter is now chairman of the Alaska GOP.

Did you miss yesterday�s news when Palin gave the 2012 CPAC keynote to an overflowing 3-room crowd?

A Paul turnout in the rain of only 4,300?

Palin did 6-8000 in a Madison snowstorm and she wasn�t even running.

Despite a disappointing third place finish in the March 6 Alaska caucuses�
From the Alaska Dispatch:
This weekend, it was the young, sometimes bedraggled but always politically strident and not always so polite, supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul who were certain that if they were in charge of the party, Alaska and the country would be a better place.
And now they�ll get their chance to prove it

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for years,...but I have to confess,...I didn't think I'd ever see what's happening today,..especially what's occurred in the past few months.

It's pretty wild.

I'm enjoying it.
Me too.
Originally Posted by Gus

seriously, until some MIT mathematician comes up with a new and acceptable monetary theory to replace the one we have, we are stuck in the status quo.

Well,...yeah,...we're stuck with it as long as it lasts,..but that's not going to be very long.

When the price of gold goes from $300 an ounce to $1600 an ounce in 10 years,...when the national debt hits 16 trillion dollars and is increasing at the rate of a trillion dollars a year,..the fat is definitely in the fire as far as the American dollar is concerned.

The time to be considering an alternative to our fiat money system was a long time ago,....but "now" is as good of a chance as is left.

Tomorrow will be a bit worse,..and the day after,...and the day after,.....

The plug needs to be pulled as soon as possible.
very true, in terms of describing the challenge.

however, falling back to a failed system can only last a minimum of time. gold & silver has already been tried, attempted, and moved away from. no doubt a better system is Needed, but no need to fall into a bucket of once used excrement.

if gold and silver had worked, we'd, as a group of voters, chosen to stay with it. but, we didn't.

to diverge from the Story a bit, no sense in the Hebrew children returning to Egypt under Pharoah's rule, just because summers were hot and winters were cold in the Sinai. the correct answer was chosen...to keep moving forward. Toyota had it right, all along.

we're living at the far-edge of our available technology. what is needed is innovative breakthroughs. free energy suits me just fine. we'll deal with the increasing population of breeding adults later.
Originally Posted by Gus

if gold and silver had worked, we'd, as a group of voters, chosen to stay with it. but, we didn't.

When did anybody vote to go off the gold standard?

What was it's failure?
Originally Posted by Gus

What was it's failure?

ok, if it was so good, why didn't we vote to re-instate it?

it's failure? the political system, as elected by the voters, made the decision to abandon it, with all it's good looks and warts combined as a unit.

Bristoe, everything we have done, we have done with the support of a democratic voting system. is the voting system wrong, or has the gold & silver std really failed, causing the system to move forward to the next best alternative?

btw, i don't know the answer to the question. but, it sure sounds like a lot of folks want to return to slavery in Egypt, rather than being free to prosper or starve on their own devises and merits?
Why the people don't simply "vote away" anything smacking of tyranny is a huge topic.

For now, I'll content myself with supporting those *very* few people in government who want to shrink our government down to its original configuration,...or even smaller, if possible.
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

What was it's failure?

ok, if it was so good, why didn't we vote to re-instate it?

it's failure? the political system, as elected by the voters, made the decision to abandon it, with all it's good looks and warts combined as a unit.

Bristoe, everything we have done, we have done with the support of a democratic voting system. is the voting system wrong, or has the gold & silver std really failed, causing the system to move forward to the next best alternative?

btw, i don't know the answer to the question. but, it sure sounds like a lot of folks want to return to slavery in Egypt, rather than being free to prosper or starve on their own devises and merits?
Try reading a little something about the history of gold and silver as money, and how and why it was outlawed. Rothbard wrote some excellent books and articles on it.
oh, i have, and thank you ever so much for the suggestions.

not once have i said i'm anti-Libertarian, or anti-Paul, or anti anything except gun licenses and permits.

beyond that, perhaps owning a productive gold mine is far better than working for wages in a Long Island sewing shop?

NOW, to attract democrats to your Storyline, perhaps nationalizing or globalizing all the gold and silver resources would be a step forward?

far from perfect, but it'd be a start, maybe. there's nothing wrong with alternative viewpoints as we gather at the RoundTable. but, at some point a central Ldr chooses to dispatch troops to assassinate Osama bin Laden, or they don't.

to be specific, we've had a gold standard. through evolution, or failure, or whatever reason, a new idea emerged upon the face of the Earth. in an analogy, to go back to gold is to return to Egypt. maybe we shouldn't have ever left? i mean, has slavery turned out to be so bad, after all?

It's pretty wild.

you mean losing primary after primary, by huge margins?

you've already forgotten he did exactly the same thing in 2008?

at some point in the process this zeal and loyalty crosses over into delusion and madness when you're still acting like RP is a factor in the nomination race.

It's pretty wild.

you mean losing primary after primary, by huge margins?

you've already forgotten he did exactly the same thing in 2008?

at some point in the process this zeal and loyalty crosses over into delusion and madness when you're still acting like RP is a factor in the nomination race.

Like I said before.

The liberty movement has transcended Ron Paul,...although he'll always be considered the father of it.

It definitely will continue to grow and will play a larger and larger role in the decisions of government.

,...and something else,..

The GOP is dead in the water without it,...and I think its leadership has very recently begun to understand that.

Mitt Romney cannot get elected president.

That idea is over.
[Linked Image]
Nevada is shaping up to be a fun time.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120429/NEWS/304290070/Ron-Paul-backers-prepare-takeover

Ron Paul backers prepare takeover

Republicans nationwide have noticed Paul�s organization and takeover strategy, one Nevada Republican leader said.

�I just came back from the national (Republican National Committee) meeting and everybody was talking about the Ron Paul, well-organized takeover,� said Heidi Smith, Nevada national GOP committeewoman.

Paul�s troops have been large and in charge at many GOP functions across the nation that lead into the states� GOP convention.

Maybe RuPaul will put in an appearance....I think he/she/it works in Vegas a lot.
This has definitely been a good news day for American conservatives!

It just *keeps* rolling in!

Minnesota has something to be proud of. It's almost enough to offset the depression of having Tubby Smith for a basketball coach!

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-minnesota-delegate-blowout-prompts-romney-panic-201853709.html

Ron Paul�s Minnesota delegate blowout prompts Romney �panic,� says Paul adviser

Minnesota will send 40 delegates to the Republican National Convention. Over the weekend, 20 out of the 24 delegates based on congressional districts were awarded to Texas Rep. Ron Paul.

Thirteen Minnesota delegates will be allocated based on the results of a statewide convention in May, according to Paul campaign senior adviser Doug Wead.

Wead wrote on his blog that GOP presidential front-runner Mitt Romney is an a �panic� after the Paul landslide. Similar efforts to bolster the Texas congressman�s delegate count are underway in Iowa, Colorado, Maine and other states.

�[A] number of Romney Hawks are now deeply concerned that Ron Paul has already laid the groundwork for similar success in six more caucus states,� Wead wrote.

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul declined to comment on the record about whether or not Romney is indeed in a panic.

zeal and commitment can overcome tiny numbers if the procedures permit it.....enjoy yourself while you can.

unfortunately for cult candidates with devoted fanboys, it doesn't work that way with real elections. everybody just gets one vote.....well, except in some urban areas.

The primaries are over.

In the first place,...no,..the primaries aren't over.

In the second, no one knows the true delegate count.

But keep on wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood.

Some of us aren't ready to give up yet.

Still having trouble with the math? With the true delegate count?

Average out the polls and give Romney 834 delegates; he needs 310 to reach 1144.

Average out the polls and give Paul 84 delegates, he needs 1060 to reach 1144.

Most of the polls other than RNC use various methodologies to try to add in some of the unbound or unpledged delegates. The RCP and AP polls are pretty close.

The RCP after April 24, but not counting Pennsylvania with 72 delegates
Romney 838 delegates
Santorum 267 delegates
Gingrich 141 delegates
Paul 88 delegates
Total 1334 delegates

AP delegates count:
Romney 847 delegates
Santorum 259 delegates
Gingrich 137 delegates
Paul 80 delegates
Total 1323 delegates

Either Romney or Paul are my choices, but Romney has the numbers and Paul does not.
Either Romney or Paul are my choices, but Romney has the numbers and Paul does not.
It would appear Bristoe is convinced the Ron Paul campaign will secure the nomination through nefarious means, though I don't imagine he would term the theoretical tactic as such.
They act like liberals. Can't win honestly.

�Deception and Misinformation � use any means necessary to divide and conquer our opponents,� Thursday�s email said.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/...orters-stir-up-alaska.html#storylink=cpy

Supporters of GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul tried to commandeer the Alaska Republican Party convention this weekend in Anchorage. They were disruptive, big in numbers � and partially successful.

Their candidate won the party chairmanship, beating out the man backed by Randy Ruedrich, who has led the party since 2000 and didn�t seek another term. But they didn�t win their chief goal of changing the party rules and claiming all 24 state delegates to the national Republican convention for Paul, the favorite of the libertarian wing of the party. Instead, Alaska will send six Paul delegates to Tampa in August.

Failed tea-party backed U.S. Senate candidate Joe Miller and his wife, Kathleen, were working the crowd behind the scenes, according to Alaska Dispatch, an online news site. Kathleen Miller ended up winning a spot as one of Alaska�s three electors, Ruedrich said. In that mainly ceremonial post, she would cast one of the state�s votes for U.S. president in the Electoral College should the Republican nominee win Alaska.
He does it all for the money, and it's working. Who cares about actual support with votes when you can just keep bringing in the Benjamin's baby!

If he was so noble then he would be honest with his minions and admit zero chance of winning and stop fleecing them at these rallies.
All For The Money
Ron Paul�s Minnesota delegate blowout prompts Romney �panic,� says Paul adviser

laugh laugh laugh

I'm not worried and neither is Mitt. grin
13 dogs?

Jesus Christ...

Travis
???
Originally Posted by Beargrease
???

Maybe he's talking about the Twins pitching staff. grin
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
He does it all for the money,

4 more years of Obama is going to cost them a lot more.
But not nearly as much as 8 years of Romney.
© 24hourcampfire