Home
Has anyone here ever been banned from another Internet forum?

If so,why?

Jayco
Yep, it took me all of ten minutes to get banned from the Democrat Underground. wink
There are other forums?
I was in banned camp one summer....
My wife banned me a few times
I got kicked off the Toronto Maple Leafs forum for telling them how sh**ty the Leafs were. laugh laugh laugh They couldn't handle the truth! Monashee
No, I am a decent human being and follow all of the rules.

wink
Originally Posted by logcutter

If so,why?

Jayco

Jayco,

If you have been banned by somebody, I want to know who, and why. Now.

Travis
Not yet wink
I got banned from ARAIG.

Apparently, their tolerance for fine literature in the form of limericks is low. whistle

Veggietalk forums or some fruit smoothie crap like that. I had been reading, "A Politically Incorrect Guide to Hunting", which has some good arguments to try on your non-meat eating friends. I had some fun. They did not.
The homo lovin PC crowd over at the Firing line booted me when I spoke up for Southern White American males.
[bleep] em, and a special [bleep] you to some immigrant chickenchit prick that goes by Markos or some such..
I got booted off the Olympic fencing team after somebody stole my post-hole-digger.
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
Thus spake Groucho Marx!
As someone who's had his own internet connection since he was 12 and who has helped a lot with moderating other forums, I can assure you that "bans" do NOT exist on the internet. The only way for a "ban" to work on the net is if the person being "banned" chooses to stay away from the site. And we all know that 99.99% of people do not stay away. Locking an account does nothing because a new one can be created. Blocking an email isn't effective either because anyone can create new emails. IP# blocks don't work either because everyone uses dynamic IP#s or proxies. There is one method that can sort of work, but it would have to be a very extreme case. A webmaster can report to someone's actual ISP a ToS violation and if the case is extreme enough, the ISP will terminate said person's ISP account. It's really not effective either because all the person has to do is pay a fine or whatever and then reactivate their account.

Now as far as forum accounts being locked, I've had that happen to me a few times mainly back when I was a minor and existed at sites that were 18+ sites. But as far as "banned" goes, no I haven't been because like I said already, "bans" don't exist on the internet. I currently exist on this site under 3 different names. My main account, my test account, and my anonymous account. All of which use different IP#s and emails. The main account is only able to post once every 3 months. The test account doesn't even get used anymore. And the anonymous account has been a dream! I can freely post all I want and no trolls will be disrupting my threads. The only people who need to know what my anonymous name is already know, so don't bother PMing my main account and asking what my other account is because most likely you won't be acknowledged.

By the way I hope everyone's doing good and enjoying the warm up with the weather. I know I sure am! The cold was getting to be annoying.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I got banned from ARAIG.

Apparently, their tolerance for fine literature in the form of limericks is low. whistle

How is that not a good thing?
WOW!! What a surprise!!

Up until now, I was sure that Jeff Zero and Maser were one and the same. Still might be even if it looks like two jerks posting.
Isn't Maser from Oregon?
Must be..
Yeah Maser I guess that was only a one year time out over at the 'hide so it does not count.
Anyone remember the vid Maser posted on opening a Champagne bottle?
How about the ones of him pissing his pants or dressing up in diapers.....
Or the time Vanimrod found master's personal ad looking a wealthy guy to play daddy to him....

Or how about the times he was trolling around the kids campfire section...
eek
Originally Posted by okok
Isn't Maser from Oregon?

Seems more like a Washington type.

If so,why?

Jayco

You been slumming Jay? smile

Only guns should be banned ... not people.
for making 'racist' remarks, I was banned for life from AR15's Florida forum.
I suggested that one way to stop the chaos, riots and killings that happen every year in Miami Beach during black spring break, was to just ban blacks.:D

I got banned from Accurate Reloading's Political Forum because I hurt Walter's feelings or something.

Jim
I almost got banned from Graybeard Outdoors for telling off a dumbass moderator (didn't know what the hell he was talking about.)
banned at Daily Kos and DU for hurting their little commie feelers......and very fast, too.
I'm still working on it. laugh
HuntAmerica and I cannot remember why.
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Yep, it took me all of ten minutes to get banned from the Democrat Underground. wink

Same here.
I was banned rather quickly from sort of PETA forum. Still haven't a clue why though. confused grin
Pretty easy to get banned from Greybeards' site.
Got banned from the 0bama forum and the Islamic forum.

Guess they don't like Americans who own guns and Bibles.
Never been banned from any site, but have left some due to general lack of interest, or heavy handed moderation....

maddog
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Pretty easy to get banned from Greybeards' site.

Yeah..I remember when Marlin talk went down and a bunch of guys were on Greybeards talking and Bill(Greybeard) got into it with a couple and offered to ban anyone who spoke up offering to several members to get it too...

I think he banned 6 of them that night.

Jayco
I've been banned from another forum.

That's all I can say about it. wink
I will never tell

Snake
Originally Posted by Raeford
I was banned rather quickly from sort of PETA forum. Still haven't a clue why though. confused grin
laugh i didnt last long either,i was sure that site was for people eating tasty animals laugh
Originally Posted by fat_daddy
Originally Posted by Raeford
laugh i didnt last long either,i was sure that site was for people eating tasty animals laugh

Seems this wasn't the case. grin
I was banned from Walleye Central for having the login name of
Heywood Jablome.
I thought it was spelled Haywood......

Could be the reason they ousted you....
Got banned from the Savage site for pointing out that my actual, real world experience with a new chambering did not match the opinion of the site's most favored poster.

Managed to get booted once from the old "Shooters" site for a somewhat crude joke.

Life definitely goes on, uninterrupted.....
Originally Posted by maddog
Never been banned from any site, but have left some due to general lack of interest, or heavy handed moderation....

maddog

Same here.

Hate heavy-handed moderation.
Originally Posted by ingwe
I thought it was spelled Haywood......

Could be the reason they ousted you....

Yeah, some forums will ban you for poor spelling. laugh
From the AR/PF many times for not being a leftist or globalist..
mainly after they got the Nazi Ex Pat Jr as a moderator...who hates America and anything to do with Americans..
Got banned from AR because I was too critical of the sodomy rights political agenda. Getting banned from that site was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Complete waste of time.
Looks like I've been placed on an official "time out" by the moron mods on AR15.com's EE for having 3 posts on the first page of an EE forum. Although they won't confirm it is an official ban.

I didn't run for a corner when one of the idiot mods attacked me with a written beheading, so they've chosen to block access to the EE for my account. Now they won't answer messages. Very mature crowd over there.
Does putting someone on Ignore count?

Then again, if everyone put me on Ignore, would I be effectively banned?
I've never been banned,but then again, the 'Fire is about the only forum I spend any amount of time on.
Pretty hard to get banned here, I've noticed.
(a good thing, IMO)
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Got banned from AR because I was too critical of the sodomy rights political agenda. Getting banned from that site was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Complete waste of time.

yeah, it has severely flushed down the toilet since I joined in 04....

I occasionally poke my nose in over there and re confirm exactly what you have said..
Originally Posted by Maser
As someone who's had his own internet connection since he was 12 and who has helped a lot with moderating other forums, I can assure you that "bans" do NOT exist on the internet.

Maser i thought you were going to stay away from the fire'

please just hold true to your word!

ML
Got banned from The Society of the Military Horse over a disagreement on hoof strength and health of white versus black hooves and reliability of a un-shod horse versus a shod horse.
....register over at ARAIG, then argue with BS's fluffers...you'll be gone before the bandwidth connects.
I got banned from Texas Hunting Forum in less than a week. A forever ban.

They have a Wall Of Shame where they post the names of everyone on temporary or permanent ban.
Not really a forum, but I got my account cancelled at a firearms auction site.

Bought a rifle that was "NEW" and when I received it, the chamber was dirty, the mag was covered in carbon from firing and the feed ramp showed signs of wear as did the bolt face.

After trying to negotiate a return of the rifle to the seller and simply asked them to refund my shipping cost as well as the purchase price and I would cover the shipping back to them. I was told to pound sand.

I left feedback and my account was cancelled and the feedback I left mysteriously disappeared.

Seems the seller was a buddy of an owner/operator??
Originally Posted by roundoak
Got banned from The Society of the Military Horse over a disagreement on hoof strength and health of white versus black hooves and reliability of a un-shod horse versus a shod horse.

And your side of the argument was?
I got banned from teninchstuds.com. Wait, what?
I get this once in a while,but not near a often as I like grin...."This comment has been removed because it did not meet the NPR.org Community Discussion Rules."
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

you didnt measure up?
I got banned for 2 weeks on a snowmobile forum while having a "disagreement" with a couple of their liberal members in their Current Events forum.

They are 2 of the most vile people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting on the internet. Still don't know why I was banned but don't really care either. One of them has been permanently banned and the 2nd will be soon unless he changes his ways.
Originally Posted by fish head
I've been banned from another forum.

That's all I can say about it. wink

That's all you better say about it.
Nope, but then I have only posted to 4 different ones and two are gone.

Rick still puts up with me as does the SASS Wire.
I got banned from a site that daly with the WSM/SAUM type cartridges. Guess I ticked to owner of the site off when I questioned the need for all the short mags. Come to think about it, while they are nice cartridges, I still wonder if we really need them. Does that make me an unrepentant sinner? whistle
Paul B.
Graybeard and 7 times from Calguns.net!
Originally Posted by rattler

you didnt measure up?

He had some shortcomings. grin
I haven't been banned from anywhere (yet), although if that day comes I won't get more than, say, 8 hrs sleep worrying about it.

There's an old saying: You are known by your enemies. There's a lot of truth in that.
I got kicked outta some beer-joints.
I got banned from Bowsite several times, the last time for calling a guy an ass-hole...which he is.

I didn't try to re-register after the last banning.
Originally Posted by DELGUE

you didnt measure up?

I got an angry email from the mods stating 9.9" IS NOT 10". frown

you didnt measure up?

I got an angry email from the mods stating 9.9" IS NOT 10". frown

I'd say that depends on whether you are rounding up or rounding down.

I'd have given you the benefit of the doubt, personally. grin
HSO (fishingminnesota)

What a bunch of nancy's.

They banned me and the regulars rioted, demanded I be "un-banned"

Pfththththt

Some foke juss kant takes a joke.

grin

Got banned from a website called Old Gobbler. Turkey hunting forum. Not for anything I did at that website. They banned me for something I said at another website. Said I disagreed with one of their policies. Apparently if you join Old Gobbler they follow you all over the web and monitor everything you say. Apparently joining that forum signs away your freedom of speech in all places. The mods run the place like you have joined a cult. Straaaannge people.
I got banned from ARAIG.

I think it was the couplet:

"are you lacking in guts?
Or maybe, licking his nuts?"

Directed at the moderator that did it. whistle
Why do you think i'm here? laugh
Got banned from TexasBoars, I am sure I have lots of company on that one. Owner runs it pretty heavy-handed. If you don't agree with the "old boys club" you are a troublemaker.

The original sin was recommending some 165 grain .308 loads when the OP asked for 150's. The "resident expert" hammered me for going off topic and it went downhill from there. Went from member in good standing to permenantly banned in about an hour. Don't miss that place, life is too short.
I've tended to operate under the philosophy of Patrick Swayze in 'Road House'...be nice, until it's time not to be nice.

I tend to give respect until it is no longer due, and then I resort to the philosophy that we are all Citizens of the Republic, and are all equal, and reserve the right to tell anybody to kiss my Rebel dick if I feel it's warranted.

Fortunately, it's virtually never warranted. I admit I prefer to have fun and laugh and joke around. Even moreso if there's pizza and beer present. smile
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I got banned from Bowsite several times

I've been banned there so many times that they finally banned my IP address. cool

That site is almost as bad as Monstermuleys.com.
I have not been banned, but I got a scolding and a stern warning on AOD for calling my dip-net PFM - pure F-ing magic.
This is the only forum I have ever posted on. And I'm pretty sure Rick thinks I'm awesome.

Travis
banned from pensacola fishing forum --a guy posted [copy and paste] an article about how many military and ex-military commit crimes.
He only put an article that someone else wrote to get peoples response -he didn't say he agreed or disagreed -a couple of people started raising cane about the article and wanted him banned -i explained that he original poster merely copy & pasted and article -these were not his words.
They banned both of us for some reason.

I need to go back over there and have some fun this time.
We all do.
Thanks.

(virtual hug font)

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
This is the only forum I have ever posted on. And I'm pretty sure Rick thinks I'm awesome.

Travis

sounds like being banned from heavily moderated sites could be worn as a sign or badge of honor?

sounds like there's a movement afoot here.
ick.

Travis

Ain't no thinkin' about it, Travis.

You da' man!!!!
You spelled demon wrong.
Originally Posted by ironbender
ick.

Prude.

Travis
You spelled demon wrong.

Haters gonna hate...

Travis

Travis
yea,u rock...rite on! u rule to btw....
This is the first one I *ain't* been banned from.
I got banned from the "we are the world" forum
for saying Micheal Jackson sucks boy c*ck.

Got the last laugh though. God banned him.
being banned rules....why do "they" want to keep all the sheep in the pen? who sayz the sheep on the other side of the fence are wrong?
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yet. grin
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I got banned from Texas Hunting Forum in less than a week. A forever ban.

They have a Wall Of Shame where they post the names of everyone on temporary or permanent ban.

Very nice!

What'd you do?

Generally speaking, that place has got to be one of the largest collections of Field and Stream reading, non experienced, ignorant, and stupid people I've ever seen. For those of you who are members over there, I said "generally"...
I have not been banned, but I got a scolding and a stern warning on AOD for calling my dip-net PFM - pure F-ing magic.

That place is about as PC as it gets. I use to like that place but it gets way over monitored. I've had posts and threads deleted for silly shat. I pretty much stay away from there now.

Pristine Ventures on the other hand is just like this place, only not nearly as busy and you can say pretty much whatever you want. I've never seen him ban anyone, if someone is being an a-hole the membership usually drives them out.

There's still time, mate!

sheeeeit,...they cain't ban the Bristoe!

Wouldn't nuthin' be left but Palin panty sniffers, Romney knotheads,..and people with Savage bolt actions affixed with BSA scopes! (or is that being redundant?)

'Da hell you goan get any sponsors with *that* crew?

Wouldn't nuthin' be left but Palin panty sniffers, Romney knotheads,..and people with Savage bolt actions affixed with BSA scopes! (or is that being redundant?)

Hmmmm. Where do I start? I would have absolutely NO qualms about sniffin' Palin's panties, even better where they was!

I support Romney only because he's turnin' out to be the nominee.

And my Savages have Redfields and Nikons on them, skippy, not no steenkin' BSA's!!!

And do you not see my avatar??? I'm a real-life action figure, loved by millions around the world, and throughout galaxies near and far!! I've seen all the movies, and I never saw no Bristoe having The Force!!!! I can attract real sponsors, not just those condom makers promotin' birth control that you bring in!! smile
You say Palin panty sniffers as if it's a bad thing confused

Hmmmm. Where do I start? I would have absolutely no qualms about sniffin' Palin's panties,

Well,...there ya go!

Was I tellin' the truth or not?

I notice that you're also a Romney knothead.

What caliber is your Savage bolt action?

And do you not see my avatar??? I'm a real-life action figure,

I thought it was a frog.
7mm RM in a Weather Warrior, and a blued .25-06 with 22" barrel. Plus a 17 HMR.
*Bristoe aknowledges the applause*,..."thank you,...thank you,..."

And do you not see my avatar??? I'm a real-life action figure,

I thought it was a frog.

Oh, man!!! Da Force is gonna lay da smack down on you for dat!!!

And what's wrong with frogs, anyway?? I kinda dig'em!! I used to have a friend who had tons of stuffed ones, and I see the live ones outside my door all the time. Hell, I even speak to'em.
*Bristoe aknowledges the applause*,..."thank you,...thank you,..."

That ain't applause, dork!! It's the shufflin' of feets as people leave...
Palin panty sniffer,...Romney knothead,..savage bolt action/BSA shooter, who idolizes frogs,..

That's a tough market man,...no chit.

,...not a profile that I would present to any prospective sponsors.
From WarriorTalk.com .

Gabe Suarez and his cult got on my nerves, so I started arguing tactics he preached that didn't sit right with me or any current philosophy I know of.

Turns out questioning Suarez is akin to questioning God or something.

Josh
Prospective sponsor: What can your forum bring to our market?

Rick Bin: Well,...we have some people who likes frogs.

Prospective sponson: Hmmmm,...I suppose it wouldn't be much of an expense to tool up to make gigs.

Ricki Bin: Uhhh,..."no",...they don't want to eat them,.....they want to marry them.

Prospective sponsor: *blank expression*
Ok, so? What's your point?

Besides, I might like, in fact I'm pretty sure I'd like, French girls!!!

And I'm also pretty sure that aspiring to sniff Palin's panties would build me a lot more rapport with sponsor's than tellin' them I backed a geriatric old kook for prez, so there!!!!!! grin

Rick Bin: Well, we have a real-life action figure loved by millions around the world, indeed, in galaxies near and far!

Prospective sponson: I'm in!! You think you could get me his autograph??!!!

Case closed! cool
It might be better than a stoned grey cat with a red coat and blue shirt...maybe...:)
No discussion regarding banning would be complete without mentioning Larry Root! grin

That sick and twisted geriatric douchebag has probably been hit with the ban stick on this site alone more times than Maser and Big Stick have throughout the entire Internet combined.

No small feat.

Rick Bin: Well,...we have some people who likes frogs.

Prospective sponson: Hmmmm,...I suppose it wouldn't be much of an expense to tool up to make gigs.

Ricki Bin: Uhhh,..."no",...they don't want to eat them,.....they want to marry them.

Prospective sponsor: *blank expression*

grin laugh grin laugh grin laugh
I catch so much Hell for being a Californian, that I didn't list it as my location when I registered on the trapper's website "Trapperman".
They banned me for having no location under my handle.

blush
Well, under such circumstances, I would be inclined to fudge a little on interpreting the question, and maybe just put where my heart was.

Or...you could just tell'em the truth and if they don't like it, to hell with'em. smile
Got banned from the trad archery forum "Tradgang" cuz I disagreed with the site owner/internet bully.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I catch so much Hell for being a Californian, that I didn't list it as my location when I registered on the trapper's website "Trapperman".
They banned me for having no location under my handle.

blush

Couple of times in the past I listed my location as West Dakota .
This is the only site I visit now.
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by RobJordan

yeah, it has severely flushed down the toilet since I joined in 04....

I occasionally poke my nose in over there and re confirm exactly what you have said..

I guess COOL got banned at AR. And DaMan finally got banned too. Don't know what took them so long to ban him. That guy was/is the most worthless piece of internet [bleep] I've ever encountered. Seafire, Did you ever figure out that bastid's true name. I think he posts here once in a while under the nom de plume "[bleep]". grin
No comment, but that site was schitty anyway. What do you expect from a site with moderator named pork rind.
Originally Posted by arkypete
I got banned from Accurate Reloading's Political Forum because I hurt Walter's feelings or something.

Jim
you and a lot more too!

If so,why?

Jayco

I thought you got kicked off from some Marlin Lever Lovers site or some-such? (Can a moderator really ban himself? And if so, why? My guess wood bee pour spelling. Owe my!) grin
Several. I don't do the whole party line thing. Guess it bugs some people. wink
Originally Posted by FOsteology
No discussion regarding banning would be complete without mentioning Larry Root! grin

That sick and twisted geriatric douchebag has probably been hit with the ban stick on this site alone more times than Maser and Big Stick have throughout the entire Internet combined.

No small feat.

Root may have more bans, but I doubt anyone has greater diversity (number of different websites) than our own Big Stick!
Not yet but got a "penalty reprimand on THR: Private September 4, 2009 07:26 AM Expired 0 Non-THR comments rbernie, My post was a salute to the proud service of of Dick Winters when I heard of his passing and it was deemed to not be THR worthy or related, crybabies..

Got banned from the old Shooters site when their Mods went literally insane! In fact, shortly before my banning, I contacted a bunch of the members there who had been recently banned and invited them here. Then I started contacting the remaining members (who had not yet been banned) and told them to come over here. There were only about 3 regular posters here at the time, so there was plenty of room.

Anyway, in the end, I got banned. No explanation was given, but I'm sure it was for promoting this site on their boards. IIRC Rick Bin got banned for the same reason! In fact, his promotion of this site on that board was what led me here to begin with!
I've been banned from TFL and was given a one year time out from Walleyecentral.com. The moderator on the Tactics and Training forum on TFL is a female "PAX", that really likes to throw her weight around. I was banned for giving tongue in cheek answers and playing some guys along because the topic was so PC and some of the questions were so pathetic, and she said that I was trolling. crazy It's pretty funny that the forum professes to be "no holds barred" but is one of the strictest moderated forums that I have ever visited. I got a time out on WC because there is a liberal moderator from MN that was always crying to the site owner about me hurting his feelings and I made the mistake of calling out a female moderator who made sure that any topic about her as a pro walleye fisherman was strictly positive in nature. I no longer engage in controversial topics on that web site. I have tried to learn my lesson and be a little more guarded about what I post, but I do have my lapses.
I got banned from ARAIG.

I think it was the couplet:

"are you lacking in guts?
Or maybe, licking his nuts?"

Directed at the moderator that did it. whistle

You crazy little rebel you...

Travis
oh yea i did get a 1 week boot off the THR for posting a pic of a new gun... https://www.bkarms.net/WAKE_UP_AMERICA_.html on the bottom smile
© 24hourcampfire