Home
Some may remember I posted last Friday about Sgt Wade Wilson USMC KIA Afganistan and buried in a cemetary just a mile up the road from my house.

Here is an addendum and yes it is true I talked to Sgt Wilson's step-father.

In one of the published eulogies a close friend of Sgt Wilson mentioned how much Wade loved Taylor Swift and her music. One of the first things he intended to do when he returned from his present tour in Afganistan was go to one of her concerts since he had never been.

Unknown who or how but someone contacted Ms Swift.

She sent the family a very nice flower arrangment, called them on the telephone and sent a handwritten letter expressing her condolences and asking permission to wear Sgt Wilson's dog tags during her next concert.

Nice to know at least one "star" is a sympathetic human.
I have heard that she's a very nice person - this just confirms it..

Kudos to Taylor Swift..

BTW, her song "Mean" is excellent - and very hard to get out of one's head.. smile
Good to hear.
What a nice gesture from the lady. Very well done on her part.
*applause, clapping of hands*

Couldn't tell you a single syllable of a Taylor Swift song, that however will change - pronto.
I've heard she was a real person and this just proves it. You find it more often in country stars than anywhere else.
Originally Posted by Redneck

Kudos to Taylor Swift..

+1 Big Time.
Originally Posted by Mako25
*applause, clapping of hands*

Couldn't tell you a single syllable of a Taylor Swift song, that however will change - pronto.

My thoughts exactly.
When Taylor Swift won the CMA awards female vocalist of the year, she celebrated after the awards ceremony by going to her parent's house and having ice cream.

She is a down-to-earth person, especially for someone so young.

Ed
That is great!
People in general misname who and why someone is a "HERO" or "STAR". Well, Taylor Swift, by giving honor to a HERO has proven herself to be a TRUE STAR!!
simply a wonderful story.

Be right back, seem to have gotten some dust or something in my eye........
Cute, too � looks sweet enough to spread on toast.
bump for the afternoon/evening crowd.
That's been in the news lately....Read it but didn't know it would strike close to home here on the fire,...so to speak.

She's supposed to wear them in her next music video.!

[b][color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
People in general misname who and why someone is a "HERO" or "STAR". Well, Taylor Swift, by giving honor to a HERO has proven herself to be a TRUE STAR!!

HEAR, HEAR!
not a big country fan but im a taylor swift fan now
She is for real.
Good to read this.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
That's been in the news lately....Read it but didn't know it would strike close to home here on the fire,...so to speak.

She's supposed to wear them in her next music video.! [color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

On that link, there is another link relating how she is taking a young cancer patient to the country music awards.

Read it HERE. [b](Mannlicher -- be prepared for some more dust in your eye if you click!)

The guys age is not given, but he initially hoped to get the young singer to accompany him to his prom, so presumably he is in high school. Anyway, he is in a children's hospital for leukemia treatment... his second. frown

I have never heard of the singer, but she seems like a class act!

John
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

You got that right!
Taylor is a classy person and contrast that with Kanye West who interrupted her acceptance of a VMA. He is a jerk.
That truly is remarkable. Humble pie is something not many celebs will eat, but it appears to be one of Taylor Swift's favorite meals. And I am proud to say I enjoy her music, and her life philosophy.
she has always been a first class act.
I must have something in my eyes.

That is something special.
The dust is blowing in my house as well, as I have a small peice in my eye too....
© 24hourcampfire