Home
The guy that chewed the face off the homeless man, in Miami, only had marijuana in his system. So much for sitting on a couch enjoying a bag of Cheetos.

Obviously some underlying issues...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...o-other-drugs-medical-examiner-says?lite
Bath salts not marijuana was the determining factor here. ( There isn't a test for them, as they are not illegal (or very new to the books), and there is no set chemistry of their make-up)
From the article...

The department also ruled out common drugs found in the street drugs called bath salts, which authorities had initially speculated were the cause of the brutal attack on Ronald Poppo.
An intense case of the 'munchies'
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK

eek
he didn't inhale......
The problem with pot is less about when 'they're on it'. It's what happens when people who 'burn to lurn' don't have it/can't get it. Seen plenty of anger, violence then. Nope, don't buy the 'harmless' argument for pot.
well that would be people who AREN'T smoking pot are violent
Witnesses said a naked Eugene was throwing his clothes into traffic and swinging from a light pole shortly before the attack.

There are mental deficients that use marijuana. This is not cause and effect.

9.8! Bloody well done. Er, I mean good job.

wink

Jayzus, it's reefer madness all over again. cry grin

I've no interest in an argument about this, but any face-eating perpetrated by anyone has bugger all to do with any cannabis intake.
I loved that movie!
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

wink

I've no interest in an argument about this, but any face-eating perpetrated by anyone has bugger all to do with any cannabis intake.

I believe you mean cannibal intake.
When used for the right reasons marajuana is no worse than any other meds. Also it is far safer than alachol.
Originally Posted by shreck

I believe you mean cannibal intake.

lol. He's hot tonight, folks!

Its okay, I had a couple here tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that people who use marijuana aren't violent.
True no tests per se for bath salts but the toxicology was looking for chemicals that were in batch salts which came back negative.
I remember buying bath salts for my Mom back in the day. I feel so guilty.
the only anger I've ever witnessed was when subject A needed a quarter for Saturday
evening to re-up and the idjit with a fat sack of the rhino was out all day on his wave-runner

talk about pissin somebody off

I suppose other anger issue arise too, when you got hella cotton mouf and you're at the Wendys gettin your munch on and there is a 70year old couple at the drink fountain struggling in pure mental agony trying to figure out the complexities of a [bleep] self serve soda station.

arrrrggggg!!!! eek
Originally Posted by Esox357
Its okay, I had a couple here tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that people who use marijuana aren't violent.

Well wait a sec; that's not what I implied. IMNSHO, to be clear, the *use* of cannabis does not make people violent.

There are folks who have a propensity for violence who are also smokers, but they're mutually exclusive. My opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Just as long as you don't bite their heads off over making you wait slum
I would have to rephrase the OP to "People who are high from smoking pot usually aren't violent". In fact they pretty much aren't good for anything other than eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew. At least most drunks put in a hard days work before they get chitfaced. Pot heads don't do anything but laz around all day sucking up the Government money and playing Xbox.
Weed ain't never hurt anybody, now smoking that Damn crack is a different story. That shiit will fry your squash.
Originally Posted by brinky72
I would have to rephrase the OP to "People who are high from smoking pot usually aren't violent". In fact they pretty much aren't good for anything other than eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew. At least most drunks put in a hard days work before they get chitfaced. Pot heads don't do anything but laz around all day sucking up the Government money and playing Xbox.
That's a stereotype.

I know/knew several "potheads" that are top salesmen at a high
volume car dealership, insurance agents, mortgage broker, realtors, several business owners and quite a few manufacturing/production guys that work 7/10s when called. And they make 100ton commercial a/c units. Some of the best made A/C units in the biz.

Not to mention dozens of people I knew that roofed, framed, block and brick layers, concrete finishers- all of these folks worked hard every day I ever laid eyes on them.

Now, you wanna talk about alcohol. All of the absolute worthless bottom of the barrell people I tried to employ to had do subcontracting for me were 12pack every night losers.

Mfkers (my rent-a-drunks I called them)were always in trouble-grown men in their 20s,30s-50s. They never had a [bleep] driver's license, would tell me at the last minute they had to serve out an 11/29 for a dui, never had .35cents on em, smelled like puke and piss and many times never showed.

My guys that I strongly suspected smoked weed, always smelled like cologne, mouth wash, kept a change of change- I guess they were trying to hide the [bleep] from me.

Either way, I'd rather have a pothead laying shingles. He's content and focused. Drunks are always shaky, fallin off [bleep], clumsy and feel like [bleep] from the night before.

once again, don't comment on something you know not a dayum thing about. I see it a lot on here.
That's some funny chit... I've worked construction for 35 years and most users are multi abusers and there isn't a dimes difference between substance... they're losers on the job, finances, family life and plain 'ol dumbphuchability.

Kent
I've personally seen issues of anger and violence in people who drink milk.
Well if marijuana was legalized this fellow wouldn't have been driven to eat a man's face off.

Or so I've learned here...
I have witnessed the 'I'm going to take my anger out on the world 'cause I don't have weed' and been victim of many hundreds of $$$ in theft for pot. It ain't the high that is so bad; it's the low. Yes, some potheads and some drunks are very productive. And some aren't. So are violent; some aren't. (Plenty of drunks don't get violent for that matter.) Pot ain't any better, and it may not be any worse than booze. Neither one does a person much of any good. Anyone who eats another's face "because of" anything has issues well beyond the scope of the substance (or woman) who influenced them.
BS on that one. You would probably be surprised by the number of folks you know who are marijuana users.
The ones you call pot heads are just like the people who drink and are total azzholes.
It's a personality driven thing, not the pot or the alcohol.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

A case of the pot calling the Ketel One black.

wink

This movie sent out to find the good stuff!

and Twinkies.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

A case of the pot calling the Ketel One black.

Moreso a case of the Ketel One calling the pot black. smile
So, we have a death attributed to violence due to weed.....

Lets count up the death attributed to violence due to alcohol....

I believe that cannabis could have been a significant factor in this behavior.... however, I don't believe cannabis is the 'cause' of this behavior. There are many folks who have a per-disposition to mental illness/imbalance.... this can be exacerbated and manifested when any number of substances are introduced to the body.... weed, whiskey, allergens...

I live in a very weed friendly state.... I have a little of the Barry White in my basement.... I occasionally pull a tube when I can't sleep, or when migraine meds make me nauseous. I had the option of going with sleeping pills and other prescriptions.... but I chose green for the safety of my children. Yes, that's right.... the safety of my children. If my 3-year olds got into a bottle of Ambien.... it would kill them dead. They could eat a QP of the dankest nuggets on the planet.... and they'd just smell like skunk schitt for a month.

I personally don't have a use for either drunks or potheads. Any addict for that matter has mental issues and I wouldn't give you a pinch of chit for any of them. You can argue all you want that marijuana is habitual not addictive, whatever then quite. Users of any of it are weak and worthless and I have no use for them.
Couldnt have said it better myself. All the whiney arguments for legalization.......I have NEVER, EVER seen anything good or productive come from using marijuana...
Weed should be legalized. Then we wouldn't need cops, government can tax it we could make really cool clothes from it. (Did I miss anything?) smile
Weed should be mandatory for school children starting as freshmen... It will calm their raging hormones, open their minds and creativity, control their roughty behavior in the class.

Kent
I heard it made good rope back in the day.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The guy that chewed the face off the homeless man, in Miami, only had marijuana in his system. So much for sitting on a couch enjoying a bag of Cheetos.

Obviously some underlying issues...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...o-other-drugs-medical-examiner-says?lite

don't you know Pot gives you the munchies
This thread is making me HUNGRY!!

Who took my bag of Dark Russet Potato Chips????? crazy
Originally Posted by brinky72
I personally don't have a use for either drunks or potheads. Any addict for that matter has mental issues and I wouldn't give you a pinch of chit for any of them. You can argue all you want that marijuana is habitual not addictive, whatever then quite. Users of any of it are weak and worthless and I have no use for them.

Anyone who has an occasional beer is a drunk...... and anyone who pulls an occasional tube is a pothead?

Seems to me.... an addict is an addict.... doesn't matter if it's weed, booze, Nazi crank, this website (yeah, this website.... it's like crack for a rifle looney).... if you put your substance of choice in front of your God, your family, or your work.... then you need a swift kick in the azz. Lumping a casual beer drinker.... and an occasional pot smoker.... in with a guy that slams a half-rack a night..... is a little overboard.
let either one go from being a method of relaxation to a lifestyle and the affects are the same. just like fatty foods, in moderation, nothing wrong with either.
hold it in as long you can- get more outta of it

try that with beer and you'll be buying a new couch

grin
Guy here in my home town robbed the truck stop last night. They say he left in a Chevy. Invoking 24 camp logic, owning a Chevy makes you an armed robber. Please do not get your children a Chevy and ruin their future.

Pot or the lack of it didn't have anymore to do with this guys actions than the last type of toilet paper he wiped his @$$ with.
Originally Posted by shootem
I've personally seen issues of anger and violence in people who drink milk.

could this explain all my roadrage or is it just all the DA"S drivin our roads!

can easily consume a gal a day
Invoking reefer logic... smoking pot is safer than driving a chevy, so driving a chevy while smoking pot is twice as safe...

Add wearing a blue shirt and it skews all the statistics...

Kent
As was alluded to,

the entre', er victim, musta had some Dorito crumbs in his beard or something.

At least we found out zombies aren't that hard to kill, afterall.

© 24hourcampfire