Home
I am in the waiting surgery room at the Cancer Treatment Center of America facility and just received a MOST EXCELLENT phone call from the assistant Surgeon. Sherri still is getting IORT radiation right now, then will be getting sewn up etc. but the margins around the tumor were clear AS WERE the lymph nodes! THAT is the key in cases like this, clear lymph nodes.

After today Sherri will only need 15 focused small area radiation treatments and those only as a precaution.

Thanks again to all of you who have been praying and expressing concern and kindness to her and to us.

My sweetie is only 45 years old, so to those who are trying to suggest that women dont get mamograms until age 50 or later. And this would include the liar in chief or current white house occupant, that is totally WRONG HEADED. Waiting until 50 for a mamogram would have killed my wife. Her tumor was NOT possible to detect by any other type of exam, either.

Rant over, I am relieved and thrilled at this news. It feels as though a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

MARK
Thats great!
Mark that is an answer to a lot of prayers. Excellent news!
Best news I've heard!Outstanding!!!
Glad to hear that she is doing great.
I Hope that you are as well,it does take a load off one's mind.
great news, Mark.
Perfect!
My heart leaped in joy when I read the title.
Originally Posted by Scott F

Mine did too, sir.

Excellent news indeed!!!
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Originally Posted by Scott F

Mine did too, sir.

Excellent news indeed!!!

Count me in this crowd as well! Out-freaking-standing!!!!
That is just great!
Super news
Do I hear the Hallelujah Choirs in the background? smile

That's great news!!!!! smile
I'll rejoice with you, brother. God is Good!
PRAISE GOD! THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!
Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing. Continued prayers for recovery. Best, John
Great news! take care!
Absolutely wonderful news Mark, I'm very happy for you and your bride.
I felt a rush of energy when I read your thread title!
There is never enough good news!
Still praying for healing for you.
Best news in the world. God is amazing!
Absolutely fantastic! Had to be a gut wrencher for you tho.
Strength and Healing, .....

God Bless and Keep you Both, Mark.

GTC
WONDERFUL NEWS MARK, GOD STRENGTH TO YOU BOTH. smile

Gunner
My dear friend Mark, God has answered prayer again. laugh
Originally Posted by RickyD
I'll rejoice with you, brother. God is Good!

God is good, all the time. Great news!
That's great news Mark, and you deserve some good news. What a relief!
Great news, prayers answered are a wonderful thing!

Very happy for you and your wife, Mark, Now go enjoy the rest of your time together.
That is fantastic news! An answer to prayers.
Great news!
Outstanding!
Great news! Congratulations to you both!
GREAT NEWS Mark!

Praise God indeed!
Mark that is terriffic news!
I can't tell you how glad I am to read it.
Great news. Happy for you both
Lots of prayers were answered. Wishing you and your gal all the best.
Praise God!
My very best to you both Mark,and congratulations. Monashee
Glad to hear.
AGREED Mark, PRAISE THE LORD!
That is great news, very happy for you both.
Fantastic
Great news!
Mark that is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

I am extremely happy for you both...

Really good cap on the day...
This is most definitely an answer to our family prayers; they (as am I) will be VERY happy to hear it!
Praise Jesus!!! Awesome!
That is excellent news
PTL
Mark, that is the best news I have heard all day. Bless you and yours.

Leon
Thank you Lord.
Absolutely wonderful news! cool cool cool cool

Congrats!
SM,

Best news I've heard anywhere today. Count your blessings and enjoy your time together. smile
So happy for both of you! Praise the Lord!
Glory to God! Amen! Praise the Lord. Hallelujah!

And other similar praises of thanksgiving to our most Holy God and his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Outstanding! Good to hear.
The whole world seems brighter. I am so happy for you and for her.
Mark...THAT post made my day...thank you. First post I read. It's been on my mind all day. Anything I can do, let me know.
Mark - thanks for the news - waas expecting the best - the Lord has delivered again !!
I have given a prayer of thanks. You have been in my thoughts since you first gave us the news and now the best possible news of all.
May the good Lord continue to watch over both of you.
Great news!

Thanks be to our Lord!

glad that this has worked out for the positive!!

best regards
seafire
Great news..!

Makin lemonade out of lemons.!
AMEN Brother!! Great news!!

I just had a friend cleared of a very aggressive uteran cancer, The greatest thing to hear is of somebody beating such a wicked thing!!
News just don't get much better than that...praise,, you know who
Great news.
Thank you everyone and indeed. Praise the LORD!

Also, much priase to Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

I had planned to write a post about them in the near future but when I saw a post asking about the Seatttle Cancer Care Alliance by Alska FE a moment ago I had to reply. This place is just plain amazing and if anyone here gets, or has or has a loved one fighting Cancer please please get in touch with me and please do not consider any other option for treatments.

Here is my reply to Alaska FE's query about the Seattle Cancer Alliance, which is MUCH closer to us:

"Sherri and I checked the Seattle Cancer Care alliance out, they are mostly just a refferal center for the two traditional cancer hospitals there. Those being the Fred Hutchison Cancer Center and Swedish aka University of Washington Hospital. Nothing new or special about them. And we live pretty close to Seattle. Much closer than where I am now after my wife getting cancer/tumor removal surgery just today.

Right now I am typing this from a hotel paid for by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America facility in Zion Illinois and I arrived here with a ticket to fly here paid for by them. Second trip out that they have paid for. All of my food - and great food at that - is also covered as is this quite deluxe two room hotel suite I am in. All a part of the treatment plan covered by our quite ordinary health insurance. This place GENUINLY recognizes the economic realities of a cancer diagnosis, as well as the important role that is played by the spouse or cargiver and not only honors that with lip service but cuts deeply into their own profit margins to pay for these things. Amazing to me in this day and age of bottom dollar driven business models.

FAR more important, though, is the care that we have recieved here. Cancer Treatment Centers of America not only have the latest and best treatment plans and surgeons such as IORT 'super' radiation equipement and much more, but they integrate modern high tech state of the art (truly) medicine with naturopathic medicine and nutritionist care. Also counseling and a good sized pastoral staff to take care of the whole person.

Then, there are all of the little things that one would not think about perhaps except for my own time spent in hospitals this past year. Things like the free Limo ride to and from the airport, free shutttles and rides, heated comfortable hospital gowns, pre op antibiotic drip and special soaps to use at home or in the hotel before surgery to prevent staph infections like the one I got which nearly killed me this last January, lots of pre and post care and counsleing,low cost in house pharmacy with all of the natural med's and herbs PLUS the modern RX type medicines, I am sure I am forgetting something else important but I think you get the idea.

Here is the big difference, all of the above being important as well, of course... EVERYONE who works at the center here right down to the meal prep and cleaning people - and I DO mean everyone- knows that they are working somewhere special and are part of something big and unique. All of the workers you will come in contact with also realize that folks they are dealing with have a LOT on thier plate with a cancer diagnosis and so might need extra care and patinece and attention. I have never in my whole life seen true synergy and mission awareness in an entire company or organization like I am witnessing here and noticed in spades during our first visit here two weeks ago. If you or someone you know come here you will be amazed at all of this and get not only the best possible treatment, but the best possible care.

Personally, my mind is now such that to me there simply is NO OTHER PLACE that one should even consider going to if he or she or a loved one gets a cancer diagnosis.

PM with my contact info is now incoming. Call me if you care to.

Blessings,

MARK
Praise God. Mark we are sure happy for Sherri and you.

Marty and Etta
So glad to hear she is ok Mark.
Smiling here Mark! Bear
Great news, Mark! I am very happy for you and your wifey!!
Absolutely fantastic! I won't quit praying, though.
Mark, that is just spectacular news! Big hooray from here bud!
Wonderful news! Was there any doubt?

laugh
Outstanding news sir. What a great day this is for you!

Mark, that sure is excellent news. I felt great reading your post, I can't even imagine how you and Sherri must have felt when you were told the good news. Never underestimate the power of Campfire prayers! Prayers to your family for continued good health will continue. God Bless you both.

Bob
A hearty Praise the Lord from here, too. I ran the cancer gauntlet with my 1st wife 6 years ago. She wasn't so lucky. It's nasty stuff.
Prayers answered. Again.
Praise the Lord.
God is soooo good!!!
'Tis great news....
I am happy to hear that all is well for you and your bride. God still hears prayers.
So glad to hear this wonderful news. Prayers for quick healing!!
PTL.
Wonderful news. Thank the Lord.
Great News!!
Praising God for your great news!
That's great to hear, too bad you can't make it to Quemado though. We were looking forward to meeting you and the missus.
We sure were looking forward to that gathering. Sherri does not even get to fly home until Friday and she still has a lot of recovering and healing to do yet.

I am going to learn how to manage and maintain her drain tube today.

Thanks again everyone, and yes, God is soooo good.

MARK
This is wonderful news.

I am very happy for you and Sherri.

Tom
Fantastic!
PTL
Great news Mark! ....will pray for both of you.
Great news. Your wife are you are truly blessed.

BP...
Prayers of thanks sent for the good prognosis!
Now rest for a bit - the ordeal you've both been through is very tiring, and breathtaking. My best to you both, and prayers will continue to be sent on your behalf!
Mark
Most excellent news. Congratulations!!
Mark,
Glad to hear the good news.
GOD is GOOD.....
That's Great news!
Great News!!!
My wife is named Sherri and she is near the same age. This thread just hit me a little more than any other. I have been following regularly just for the similarity in name and age. God is good all the time.
Out standing new Mark. Congratulations to you and your wife. I'm sure you understand how happy that news makes me.

I'll be sending you a return PM soon.
[quote=eh76]Mark that is an answer to a lot of prayers. Excellent news! [/quote

Yes, great news!
That is great news Mark. My best to you and your's. E
PTL that is excellent news

norm
Thats great news,my friend!Lots of prayers have sent on her behalf. Lightman
Mark,

Just saw this. Congrats!
Praise the Lord
Just saw this thread... Outstanding news!!!
© 24hourcampfire