Home
[Linked Image]
Gun-toting flight attendant Jaclyn Luby showed up for work at Philadelphia International Airport early Sunday with a packed revolver inside her handbag, according to reports.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ly-fires-article-1.1166436#ixzz27MSeDHx5

A dumb ass Philly cop tries to confiscate a loaded hand gun from a flight attendent and the gun discharges inside the terminal.

The article says it discharged while trying to engage the safety... on a S&W J-Frame! whistle

Transportation Security Administration screeners saw the gun, described as a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson Airweight revolver

LOL and they gave it back to her and it went off in the TSA break room.

Another good reason TSA needs to go away who and the hell are the protect and what was that lady doing in that break room.

Wonder if she had knee pads on?

"A police officer trying to put the safety on accidentally shot it, according to reports." Quote

The attendant was in another room with a police officer at the time.

These are the guys that are protecting us.Lucky he didnt kill someone in the next room.
Paul Blart?
Paul Blart is a genuis compared to a TSA agent!
Discharging a DAO revolver trying to put the safety on?

Poor gun handling by a cop and ignorance in the media?

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Glad nobody was hurt.

Paul

Yeah, those J-Frame revolvers are always going off right when you fiddle with their safeties. grin
Good grief what a dummy!
[Linked Image]
I wonder how many times they strip searched her before they found it.
OTOH, what kind of air headed flight attendant would go through security with a gun? It's not like she's a 1st time flier.
Originally Posted by Captain
The article says it discharged while trying to engage the safety... on a S&W J-Frame! whistle

Which is why I said "dumb-ass" Philly cop . . . grin

I like the idea of a female, permit packin' momma in Philly, but I wonder if she would have got off with a "traffic ticket-esque" citation if she was white? I was watching CNN at breakfast this morning and the three sheeple they interviewed at the airport said she should be fired, and that it was very frightening. The cop is the one who should be fired and to think he is representative of the poor quality of trained officer on the force is what is frightening.
From one article I read:
As a police officer was trying to remove the bullets to make the weapon safe, he accidentally discharged the gun once. The bullet struck the floor. No one was injured.
So, was he trying to remove the bullets by firing them? As I recall, you unload that revolver by pushing a button the lets the cylinder swing to the side, well out of range of the firing pin. I wonder if he knows the button from the trigger.
Safety on a "J" frame? Maybe this was an experimental prototype that got out of the R&D shop - mostly likely from Lee24's collection (remember him?).
Originally Posted by djs
Safety on a "J" frame? Maybe this was an experimental prototype that got out of the R&D shop - mostly likely from Lee24's collection (remember him?).
He used to show museum displays of historic firearms and claim they were part of his personal collection.
Everyone was probably much safer just allowing her to carry the gun and leave things alone.
he did start a good sniper rifle thread though, it got good after a few pages
First it was the Remington 700 trigger, and now the S&W safety.
Another shining example of police work!!! :roll: :evil:

It reminds me of true story of the cop who shot himself in the foot while giving school kids a "lecture" on safe attitudes towards guns...

Thank God, there are better cops.
Before my oldest brother retired from his cop job he said most of the new officers had no idea what to do with a revolver. They would ask how you tell if it was loaded and how to unload it, if they came across one. That said I think they were smart enough not to pull the trigger.

Ernie
Originally Posted by djs

Hah, when I saw the title of this thread, somehow I knew Lee24's name would appear in it.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
From one article I read:
As a police officer was trying to remove the bullets to make the weapon safe, he accidentally discharged the gun once. The bullet struck the floor. No one was injured.
So, was he trying to remove the bullets by firing them? As I recall, you unload that revolver by pushing a button the lets the cylinder swing to the side, well out of range of the firing pin. I wonder if he knows the button from the trigger.

It doesn't say it in the article that's linked, but I read in another article that it was a female cop that did the negligent discharge. It being Philadelphia, I'll bet you could guess her ethnicity also.
I bet I know what happened. He couldn't figure out how to open the cylinder to unload, so he used the key locking system and pulled the trigger to make sure it was locked. grin BAM!!!!!!

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2009/09/03/internal-gun-locks/
OTOH, what kind of air headed flight attendant would go through security with a gun? It's not like she's a 1st time flier.

Seems to happen fairly regular, last time it happened here it was a football coach. The commonality in these incidents is that the gun was habitually carried in a bag of some sort, in this flight attendant's case a purse.

Running out the door to work, she forgot to check this time. An almost guaranteed human error sooner or later. Which ain't to say she should not be held responsible.

The Cop however, is a f'ing moron.

Birdwatcher

© 24hourcampfire