Home
Posted By: EvilTwin The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
Tomorrow,just after noon CST,I land in Omaha,Nebraska and after 42 years meet Woody face to face. I cannot describe what is going through me right now. Impossible. The experience of a lifetime. I am absolutely freaking the [bleep] out as I type this and it ain't gittin' any better. Excited??? HOLY SCHIT!!!! crazy Vietnam January 1970,Nebraska and Wyoming 2012. 42 years. HOLY SCHIT!!!!! grin
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
You've been a roll as of late.

Tell Woodie "Hi", I'd also like to shake his hand one day.

Shoot straight you ol' turds!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
God bless you two warriors and I hope your expectations will be exceeded as I am sure they will and have a great hunt! After Action Report expected...
Brother, I sincerely wish that you could be there too.
What an adventure!

Couldn't have happened to a better set of guys!

I'm looking forward to the AAR on this one too!

Safe travels for ya ET
Posted By: RS308MX Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
I sure Woody's probably feeling the same way Jim. You guys will have a great time. I hope your hunt is sucussful also! Have fun!!!! grin
Excellent!

It will most decidedly be an interesting Antelope Camp this year......I better make sure my spaghetti sauce is the best I've ever made. wink

Look out Wyoming.......here we come! grin
Originally Posted by RS308MX
I sure Woody's probably feeling the same way Jim. You guys will have a great time. I hope your hunt is sucussful also! Have fun!!!! grin

This will bring us full circle and finally put some old skeletons to rest.Not many will be able to say they've had this experience but I will treasure this for the rest of my days.

Have a good flight ET see you tomorrow!
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
Have a GREAT hunt!
Excellent encounter to you.

I can attest ET is as anxious and impatient as a young bride grin

Woody, thanks for saving his ass, thanks to you I met that great character wink !

Go on with pictures and comments ASAP, and excellent hunt too !

Posted By: T LEE Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
Wish I could be there as well Sir, I sure would like to meet Woody as well.
sounds like a great trip. Good hunting, gents smile
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

We'll just have to go on another buffler hunt and our Sharps'! smile
Salute to ya Gentlemen, I would like to witness the first eye to eye and handshake, that will be truly momentous.

Gunner
Posted By: isaac Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

This will bring us full circle and finally put some old skeletons to rest.Not many will be able to say they've had this experience but I will treasure this for the rest of my days.

Have a good flight ET see you tomorrow!

============

I'd pay money to listen to the conversations these two good men will have.

Woody...talk loudly towards Jim's left ear.

Have a earned, well deserved great time,gents. Post up when you can.
I don't think it's any kind of stretch to say that we're witnessing "The Stuff of Legend".

Wildly exciting, and yet powerfully humbling, I'd venture.

Have a wonderful time !

Greg
Originally Posted by grand_veneur

Ugliest dang bride I ever saw!! Thanks for that visual, GV!!! sick

ET, FBF, you boys play nice when you hook up tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing you both on Friday. Save some lies for when the rest of us hit camp, willya?
Originally Posted by DocRocket

ET, FBF, you boys play nice when you hook up tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing you both on Friday. Save some lies for when the rest of us hit camp, willya?

Man, it'll take a while to get over THAT visual!!! grin
Just go over that visual, unless other kinds of bride, that one won't never bother you for having fun and spending time in the outdoors grin grin grin
Posted By: Scott F Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
As much as many of us would love to be there I think it is best this way. These guys need to do this by themselves without any of us to distract them.

Get her done guys, I know there ghosts that need to go to rest.
ET I hope you and Woody have a great visit and try not to get arrested. grin
Enjoy.
Posted By: W7ACT Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12

ET I've met JorgeI and he is Top Drawer!
Posted By: hatari Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
Outstanding! Enjoy to the fullest. We have bail money to post.
Knot in my throat. Godspeed, and, again, Thanks.
Just remember NO Chain guns guys.

Have a good time.
maybe some original BP gatling ...
Posted By: eh76 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/01/12
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Man, it'll take a while to get over THAT visual!!! grin

We will get them their own honeymoon suite on the other side of the ranch..... wink
Will you fellows have time to hunt with all you have to discuss?

Wishing you the best!
What a wonderful thing. Enjoy the 'reunion', you two old warriors, and thank you for sharing with folks here the stories and shared pasts.
I hope you have a good visit my friend.
Shalom
Woody, and ET,

God has obviously smiled on both of you. There's a reason for everything, and he definitely brought you two together at two very different times and places in history. This was most definitely meant to be, as everything happens for a reason.

May the Red Gods now smile on you both. I hope your time together is memorable. It sounds like you guys are going afield to hunt. How ironic that the last time you shared the same dirt, you were carrying guns then too. May your fields be plentiful with game, and may the time spent together be pleasant.

I can't imagine there's a man here who doesn't wish he could be there with you guys, but this isn't our place, our time. You want and need this worse than any of us can comprehend.

Thanks to both of you for your service, and for letting us share in this special moment.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Woody, and ET,

God has obviously smiled on both of you. There's a reason for everything, and he definitely brought you two together at two very different times and places in history. This was most definitely meant to be, as everything happens for a reason.

May the Red Gods now smile on you both. I hope your time together is memorable. It sounds like you guys are going afield to hunt. How ironic that the last time you shared the same dirt, you were carrying guns then too. May your fields be plentiful with game, and may the time spent together be pleasant.

I can't imagine there's a man here who doesn't wish he could be there with you guys, but this isn't our place, our time. You want and need this worse than any of us can comprehend.

Thanks to both of you for your service, and for letting us share in this special moment.

Well said, Dittos.
Have a safe trip, Jim. I know I don't need to tell you to have a great one. I'm sure you guys will make that happen!

Sorry I missed your call last night, I had to get up before the crack of dawn to be on the road and called it quits early.

Ed
Posted By: NH K9 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
I have a decent grasp of what this trip means to you, my friend. This is likely to be an epic adventure. It's a good thing that we'll have another 14 hour drive to TN to discuss it!

I'll also echo Edtoomanyletters in regards to the call. The last couple days have seen me at work more than home. I'll try your cell tomorrow....

George
Woody's a top-notch fella so I know you'll enjoy your trip. Best of luck on your WY hunt and make sure to post LOTS of pics!! smile
Fellas just to let you in on some Campfire kindness, I've had Jeff's [AKA Nebraska] S/S Remmie 700 308 for months working up loads with my 7.62 Vietnam gunship cases posted on ET's 41 yr thread.These were the very cases I saved from our Hill 474 engagement in Jan of 1970.For us to kill a few speed goats with these will be most powerful ju-ju don't you think?

Thanks buddy for the use of your gun..you've had a big part in closing our circle..Now I owe you big time you do know what I'm referring to.. grin
Man, talk about the mists of the distant past. I don't know whether I am going to cry,schit or go blind but this pending meeting has me floored. I am certain that there will be some very pleasant surprises on this expedition. How does a 63 year old guy feel like an 8 year old kid about to go to Disney World???? One could live 10 lifetimes and not see or experience anything like this. There will be an extensive after-action report I assure you.
eekDang!! Tryin' to git some sleep is harder than Hell!! Toldja I wuz like an 8 year old!! grin
Hey, you old farts have a good time and be safe.

(Remember, it didnt happen if there aint pics. We want lots of pics)

Enjoy yourselves, you deserve it!
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
January 1970. I was a Sophomore in Highschool. I'm glad you two are geting together. All old warriors should get this chance. Have fun, already. kwg
No kidding, I'm on the edge of my seat over this...

Cross nailed it...

This is legendary...
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
I've had Jeff's [AKA Nebraska] S/S Remmie 700 308 for months working up loads with my 7.62 Vietnam gunship cases posted on ET's 41 yr thread.These were the very cases I saved from our Hill 474 engagement in Jan of 1970.For us to kill a few speed goats with these will be most powerful ju-ju don't you think?

You really couldn't script this. Can't imagine the thoughts as you get ready to break the trigger on a critter.

Straight, and true fellas.
And 10-Roger on what Ed and George said, sorry I missed yer call Big Jim, left cell out on the post at the shop, was shooting mu bow a bit yesterday blush.

Happy travels pard, and give ole Woody a big bear hug from me too. smile

Gunner
Well leaving for the airport in a few to pick up ET..thinking of another time and place we shared many moons ago and how fortunate I am to finally meet a war brother with so much in common.I don't have words to describe my feelings but all of you should have a good idea I'm sure.Fellas thanks so much for the kind words it means more than you'll ever know..

What a day and to top it off just got an over night from Shilo Sharps confirming my 45-110 order of almost two years.How fitting to get this final buy letter the same day I meet Jim !!! [Linked Image]

Posted By: eh76 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
You have no idea wink See you Friday.
Fantastic news Woody. smile

wink LOL EH

Gunner
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
Originally Posted by gunner500
Fantastic news Woody. smile

wink LOL EH

Gunner

THIS! grin
Hoping cameras abound.
I am sure they will
Posted By: BMT Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
May God Bless and Keep all of you.

Thank you for your service to our country in difficult times.

BMT
Posted By: Otter Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
Woody and ET -

How I missed this thread yesterday, I will never know. I think it was divine intervention knowing how I feel right now. My skin is bumpy and tingly and I know that if I was there to meet you two warriors after your first f-to-f, I might weep. I bet you both did when you hooked up. Hope Marsha is taking pictures you can share with the rest of us.

Great story of the two of you from many years ago as well as the new ones you will have after this meeting.

God bless both of you "war brothers" and prayers for many, many more memories from your latest encounter.

Good luck on your hunt. Woody - I bet ET can get you lined out on your Shiloh before he heads back home!!!
Man, talk about the mists of the distant past. I don't know whether I am going to cry,schit or go blind but this pending meeting has me floored. I am certain that there will be some very pleasant surprises on this expedition. How does a 63 year old guy feel like an 8 year old kid about to go to Disney World???? One could live 10 lifetimes and not see or experience anything like this. There will be an extensive after-action report I assure you.

Most likely all three!I know that's how I would react.

And just think, at 63 you probably thought that there was not much left in this world that could evoke such emotion!

I look forward to reading your thoughts on this truely once in a lietime, unique experience.

Woody has ET picked up from the airport.
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
I'll be watching this thread as well. Thank you both for your service, and welcome home...
Woody: thank you for being the gracious host you were to me this summer.....and thank you for saving Jim's ass...he paid me the highest compliment Ive ever been given.
I don't know what you guys are doing this evening, but Ill be raising a glass to toast worthy warriors....
argh could nearly hear Jim from here.

c'm on guys, it's already late, here !
Posted By: hatari Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
$20 says they are still fighting a monumental hangover.....
$20 says they're not even awake yet..... grin
Originally Posted by eh76
Woody has ET picked up from the airport.

Good deal, glad the old Bear is back on the ground. wink

Gunner
THIS is the EVILTWIN!!! This has been absolutely fantastic!!! AND for Jorge,Gunner and the others who knew whut I wuz up to-MISSION SUCCESS!!! I am now officialy an AZZHOLE!!!! grin grin I will let FlyboyFlem fill yez in on the details grin
yeah, Jim ! did you get the picture at the right time ??
laugh laugh laugh laugh

Gunner
THIS is the EVILTWIN!!! This has been absolutely fantastic!!! AND for Jorge,Gunner and the others who knew whut I wuz up to-MISSION SUCCESS!!! I am now officialy an AZZHOLE!!!! grin grin I will let FlyboyFlem fill yez in on the details grin

You know how hard it has been to keep that secret? Glad it all came together so you could pull it off with panache!
Fellas I am totally blown away by what just occurred a few minutes ago..I'll start first by saying jorge respectfully you and Gunner are asswholes! grin I bragged it up in an earlier post about getting my buy letter from Shiloh which I've been waiting for many months and just found out after opening it ET,jorge and Gunner were in cahoots all along and paid for my gun outright lock stock and barrel. grin Thanks gents lost for words at this point in time and will be forever grateful for your kindness...Looking forward for the next Buffler hunt with youse guys for sure..I'm totally in awe at your thoughtfulness..
Woody ....BTW your still asswholes!!! grin
Posted By: RS308MX Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
Fantastic!!!! laugh
Hey ET - Ya didn't bring him a Shiloh ta hunt speed goats with, did ya?

EDIT - I missed the last "WOODY" post until I got done posting the above comment. I had the time wrong, but the "gift" was what I had in mind. GOOD ON YA ALL, Woody will appreciate your thoughtfulness more than he can ever say.
excellent
A few tears our first meeting..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
just ... wow ...

Glad to see that, gents ! I knew how much Jim expected that moment.
Obviously, I'm allergic to this thread...

Tears and smiles here too, gents.

Congrats to you both. What a blessing!
Nothing short of what I would have expected . . .

Great ! ! !
Once again I am posting on Flems byline. As you all can see my face was breaking. I cannot adequately describe what was going through me. As for the rifle. Jorge and Gunner seem to think that I am worth a schit enuff to have kicked in with me. I will post the pics when I get home after the hunt. I just love it when an EVIL plan comes together so perfectly grin The folks at Shiloh loved being in on it! grin So thanx guys for thinking I a worthy enough for you to have shelled out with me to give something special to a guy who saved my ass most literally.
Dammit, now I have something in my eye. Good on ya, guys. All that, and ET gets to give Woody Sharps fever to boot. You just can't make this schitt up.
Once again.....Now Jorge and Woody have been on the receiving end of a guy who knows how to say thanks. Sometime coming Woody gets to pay it forward like Jorge did. It is a pretty good way to do things. ANYBODY can be an ingrate and cheap. When Jorge busted his buffler and when Woody busts his, the fun will have hit the ceiling grin
Dang screen got all blurry....

Good on ALL of you!

Ed
You're good people, Jim. I don't care what Woody says about ya!grin
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Dang screen got all blurry....

Good on ALL of you!

Ed

I've found it very difficult to type when that happens...
Posted By: Ready Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
Somehow, it seem appropriate to put this up for reference.

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5008761/1

Weidmannsheil to the group.

In a tiny little way I feel part of this adventure. Thanks Keith for putting this together and even taking the Jamboree knife along. This is a special occasion.
And after I hit a buffler with my 45-120 Sharps with coaching from ET and the shooting/handloading tips from BB [Sharpsguy] the ceiling will be blown clean off. laugh

Gunner
I am rendered almost speechless (damn hard to pull off).

Good on you guys......

George
Pretty cool little operation eh George? wink grin, and Woody called us respectful azzwipes. laugh laugh

gunner
Posted By: rost495 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
Damn allergies down here are bad today.... I hadn't looked back at this thread till now... the airport pictures hit about the time our pollen level skyrocketed evidently.

Once again indicators of the above average folks that abound here and the amazing things they do!

Best, Jeff and thanks to all for their service to this country!
grinWoody is currently stroking my 44/90 and getting it all lubricated grin First time he has ever seen one let alone handle one and now he has one coming grin He has already said (on the strentgh of handling my rifle) that he would likely get a second one grin Yeah the folks that took the pic at the airport for us were as bad as we were and that was the first time they ever laid eyes on us. An extremely powerful moment in time.
Wow,......

all of this,....How WONDERFUL !

ALL of you here, too !

GTC
Posted By: T LEE Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Obviously, I'm allergic to this thread...

Tears and smiles here too, gents.

Congrats to you both. What a blessing!

YEAH, and it is catchey too! (sniff) smile smile
The light from the Campfire is burning strong. Congrats to all envolved here. What a class act! We are very lucky to know fine men like your selves. Have a great time together guys.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/02/12
BTW your still asswholes!!! grin

There are lots of folks here that would agree with you, along with my Internist who after my bore scope, pronounced me to be "the perfect ass-hole" smile
Originally Posted by NH K9
I am rendered almost speechless (damn hard to pull off).

Good on you guys......

George

+100

And yeah...allergy season is late here at Ingwehouse.

Many congrats to both you guys, just for being on this side of the sod for the last 42 years...

Ohhh, and you three pitching in for Woody's rifle....dat was a hard secret to keep, but a gesture that will NEVER be forgotten!
Don't you boys drink too much tonight!

wish I could be there pouring for you....
May God bless and keep Woody, Jim, the myriad of good, honorable men of the 'Fire, and the United States of America, damn it.

I am sure you have both gone over stories from the past that very few of us could even fathom. God bless you both from another curmudgeon your age.
Outstanding thread!
Pretty cool little operation eh George? wink grin, and Woody called us respectful azzwipes. laugh laugh

gunner

Character, my friend, in spades......

Y'all have a way of humbling folks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's it, right there. wink, VERY honored that a no name rookie such as myself was able to be a very small part of this great "Warrior Reunion" and that INCLUDES You too Jorge. smile

Gunner
blush

Gunner
Outstanding stuff, Gents.

Just Outstanding.
BTW your still asswholes!!! grin

There are lots of folks here that would agree with you, along with my Internist who after my bore scope, pronounced me to be "the perfect ass-hole" smile

So.....you are a proctologist's dream then....a perfect ass-hole grin
Geez I hope they get that huggin crap out of their system before they hit antelope camp on Friday eek grin
Originally Posted by cmg
Somehow, it seem appropriate to put this up for reference.

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5008761/1

Weidmannsheil to the group.

In a tiny little way I feel part of this adventure. Thanks Keith for putting this together and even taking the Jamboree knife along. This is a special occasion.

I have that knife properly sharpened and it will play a proper role during this hunt.
Anybody got a 6' crowbar???? grin I'll need one to pry my 44 out of Woody's hands grin
Gonna need a 4' cheater pipe around that bar. laugh

Gunner
E.T.,....I KNOW you're going to try and aggravate Woody's symptoms with alla' that "Paper Patched Bullet" ranting.

Tell him that I'm in for sending some rather shabby and amateurishly cast greasers his way, if he's of a mind to try em.

Great thread, and INDEED the stuff of legend.

GTC
ATTENTION Jorge !!!Campfire first ET flying the S-3 Viking flight sim! cryTold him to fly to the tower not THROUGH the tower!! grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
laugh

the flying airborne grunt grin

No, JIM, using the eject handle is not considered a proper way to land in the AF... grin
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
Hmmm, I see our Army Grunt at the control of a Naval Aircraft and WITHOUT his GENUINE lambskin Flght Jacket!
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
's-OK, his instinct is to jump outa the damn thing anyway.
Gents we had a wonderful evening,drank a few barley pops buried a few old skeletons,talked family,guns and hunting till the wee hours.I'm on a high right now which was naturally induced by the arrival of this old curmudgeon and the additional generosity of Jorge and Gunner.As I reflect on the events of the last 24 hours and all the posts from so many of you my cyber friends..it just doesn't get any better! Thank you smile
it just doesn't get any better!

Oh, it will. Quick as one of those (now .308) cases powers-up, and puts a trophy on the ground, and meat in the belly. Then, the circle truly will be closed in my humble opinion.

*steady, steady - *

Posted By: RS308MX Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
Gents we had a wonderful evening,drank a few barley pops buried a few old skeletons,talked family,guns and hunting till the wee hours.I'm on a high right now which was naturally induced by the arrival of this old curmudgeon and the additional generosity of Jorge and Gunner.As I reflect on the events of the last 24 hours and all the posts from so many of you my cyber friends..it just doesn't get any better! Thank you smile

It's hard for me to even imagine the emotions you two were feeling when at last you finally met in person. I just know that I'm very happy for both of you. Enjoy your time together!! This thread is very uplifting and is truly an epic one! smile

Bob
ET,

Pressure's on man! Flyboy we expect to "flock-shoot", you on the other hand, ONE empty case! grin
Gotta breech another delicate subject - Flyboy, how tall are you? >grins<
This is the EvilTwin on the Flyboy byline. This is mindnumbing. The avalanche of the memories is powerful. Ghosts. You wouldn't believe. Woody's poor wife cannot believe the cleanest memories we have expressed. She was dumbfounded to hea of 474 from my perspective. Lovely Lady. I have had 42 years of rocking times. I have seen more than most men ever will and maybe more than anyone should. What has happened could zero in on one night long go. Now I have had the Privilege of finally meeting and it is Unique. If any of you are lucky enuff to meet someone of like stature who figured into your lives so strongly, I promise you that you will not be diappointed. Great!
I can truly, only imagine.

Glad it came to pass, glader still to witness.

I ain't however takin' a swig of nothin', 'til there's a critter on the ground.
Originally Posted by Mako25

Woody is just starting to play with Sharps, ask for another picture after some walking hunts with a big buffler on the shoulder grin Lost two inches height after 6 days that way in the dacks grin

[Linked Image]

This pic broke the seal on my eyes a bit.

The goodness of this thread may be without equal in the history of the 24HCF.
Posted By: T LEE Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
:):) smile smile smile

Yeah, I hear Jim used to be 6'2" before he got hooked on em! smile smile
Good show gentlemen, good show all the way around. Hand salute to all. Just goes to show what this place can and should be.
what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall and just listen to you guys. talk about a reunion unlike any I have ever heard of before.

It's hard for me to even imagine the emotions you two were feeling when at last you finally met in person. I just know that I'm very happy for both of you. Enjoy your time together!! This thread is very uplifting and is truly an epic one! smile

Bob

Agreed wholeheartedly Bob, i received a phone call from Jim last evening and got to meet and speak with Woody too, wish I could be a Nebraska horsefly on the back porch wall and witness this cool reunion. wink

Gunner
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall and just listen to you guys. talk about a reunion unlike any I have ever heard of before.

Damn us gun nuts and Gentlemen think alike. blushLOL

Gunner
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Good show gentlemen, good show all the way around. Hand salute to all. Just goes to show what this place can and should be.

Exactlty, and a privilige here to get to watch from afar and enjoy it as a spectator, even.

Reminds me much of the 24hrcf I joined all those years ago.

Well I'm normal at 6'1" but for comparison ET is the dwarf and ingwe the giant! shocked grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Wow i Didn't imagine Ernest was so tall grin
This really is great thread. Having watched the story unfold over the last couple of years has been amazing.

Good on you two heroes for finally getting a chance to meet after all these years.

Have a fantastic hunting trip and good luck to all.
Posted By: akjeff Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger

Couldn't agree more. So happy that you gentlemen could have this experience. One of the finest uses of the Internet, that I've seen. Debating cartridges is fun and all, but this is heavy stuff.

Jeff
Originally Posted by fish head
This really is great thread. Having watched the story unfold over the last couple of years has been amazing.

Good on you two heroes for finally getting a chance to meet after all these years.

that sums it up. Have a great trip!
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Originally Posted by fish head

that sums it up. Have a great trip!

+2
One of the best threads I've seen here.
This is the EvilTwin on the byline again. Today I screwed Woody but good!!!! grin I had him put some rounds out from my 44/90 and he is well and TRULY hooked grin The glassy eyed stare, the drool from the corner of the mouf,all signs of the Darkside addiction biting HARD!! grin Gonna try to put up some pics later grin
laugh Perfect, another successful mission completed. grin

Gunner
Thank you for bumping this to the top ET! wink

I am looking forward to more pictures. grin
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12

[Linked Image]

Who IS that devastatingly handsome man in the right of the pic? grin
This is the EvilTwin on the byline again. Today I screwed Woody but good!!!! grin I had him put some rounds out from my 44/90 and he is well and TRULY hooked grin The glassy eyed stare, the drool from the corner of the mouf,all signs of the Darkside addiction biting HARD!! grin Gonna try to put up some pics later grin

grin you love that game, don't you ? grin

Hey, don't forget he's got to clean the cases !!!
Originally Posted by ingwe

[Linked Image]

Who IS that devastatingly handsome man in the right of the pic? grin

I can't tell, the picture is too small and the big bozo in the white tee shirt and glasses is partially blocking my view of the rest of the pictures beside it. grin

Ed
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
dat was mean...
ED, ya need ta throw yer name in the hat, i'm gonna git to hunt bufflers with these legends in 2013, ya might as well git you a Sharps rifle and join in. grin

Gunner
Posted By: Seafire Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
I had the rare and fortunate opportunity to meet both of these gentlemen on my trip to the east coast...

While there are a lot of great folks on the campfire.... it would be hard pressed to find two more down to earth and humbly impressive pair of guys...

best wishes to both of them on this outing.. I hope they enjoy the time finally meeting each other as I enjoyed the brief time I got to spend with both of them individually...

Kudos to Keith ( eh76) for setting this opportunity up for them... what more fitting reason for a 'campfire hunt' than something like this...

Best of luck for both Woody and Jim on their antelope also...

Jim is probably going to be using that 45/110 Sharps I got to hold... so we can assume him being 'undergunned' won't be an issue...
Posted By: T LEE Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
ET is the evil crack merchant of BP, God Bless the man for his efforts!
dat was mean...

Still tryin' fer "turd-like" status...one musn't give up on one's goals! grin

Ed
ED, ya need ta throw yer name in the hat, i'm gonna git to hunt bufflers with these legends in 2013, ya might as well git you a Sharps rifle and join in. grin

Gunner

Nothing would please me more! Between Greg, E.T., Sharpsguy, you, and several others here, I am well and truly hooked. grin

I just need to divest myself of some other toys so I can get into the game.

Ed
Originally Posted by gophergunner
The light from the Campfire is burning strong. Congrats to all envolved here. What a class act! We are very lucky to know fine men like your selves. Have a great time together guys.

Well said Jeff, and hear, hear!
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/03/12
Man Woody, I'm not sure how I missed this, but what a great reunion of two warriors. I am so happy for both of you guys! Posts like this are what the fire is all about.

Cheers Gentlemen!!

Mike

Gunner

Nothing would please me more! Between Greg, E.T., Sharpsguy, you, and several others here, I am well and truly hooked. grin

I just need to divest myself of some other toys so I can get into the game.

Ed

10-4 Ed, I stopped in a local gun shop looking to buy some brass and fell into the Sharps game for 900 bucks shocked, with dies and 80 sticks of new brass. shocked laugh

Gunner
PM me the address of that pawn shop, will ya? grin

Ed
laugh

Gunner
My first actual BP encounter with the "pumpkin on the posts" [132yds with a 15 mph full value wind from the left at the target point]..after all these months of ground school courtesy of ET,Sharpsguy with input advice by Otter and jorge.Just glad I hit the flippin plate! grin BTW the first shot at 8 o'clock was me not ready for the trigger let off.These guns are a blast and will definitely shoot as good as you hold them!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ET lining up for a shot with this beautiful 44/90

[Linked Image]

Checking his POI against mine with Jeff's 308 with the "Spooky" 7.62 cases.

[Linked Image]
Well, having read the Campfire commentary about the Prez Debate, and the kick-assed great time earlier with the Sharps and Woody,this has turned out to be a Helluva Great Day!! grin

EvilTwin
Excellent Day Gentlemen, and yes Woody, those Sharps rifles do bite ya, cant wait to see yours.

Gunner
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/04/12
Excellent gents! looking forward to the trip stories!!!1
This is ET on the FBF byline again. Prep almost complete. Leaving soon for Wyoming and the bunch of disreputables waiting for antelope hunt. thanx all for the kind words and excellent smart-assed comments!! grin
Posted By: eh76 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/04/12
Hope youse guys got the proper coordinates cause there isn't cell phone service at camp wink
Woody confirms yes. He's got plenty of flares too!
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/05/12
308 with the "Spooky" 7.62 cases.

Send one of those home. Let it do, yet more good works.

*fingers 'n' toes crossed*
no news ?
Well once again I am late to the party. I have no idea how I missed the original thread but I wanted to add my sincere and hearfelt thanks to FlyboyFlem and EvilTwin for what you guys did back so many years ago. You guys deserve this time together and I hope you kill some nice critters.

God bless you both.

Hunter
UPDATE 10/10/12

I just got home from Wyoming about an hour ago, after a 15-hour drive back to West Texas. I'm a bit fatigued, so will keep this brief.

Flyboyflem and EvilTwin arrived in camp Friday afternoon. I drew first blood for the hunt with a big-ass muley doe that evening, but then proceeded to set a new camp record for misses in a row (7!!!). Granted, all but one of those misses was at 400+ yards... the game was EXTREMELY spooky this trip, due to snow and wind, I'm told.

FBF and ET gave eh76 one of the cases from Woody's gunship from that fateful night in Viet Nam, engraved with their names, eh76's name, and the dates at our campfire Friday night. Keith's allergies really acted up all of a sudden, which is weird in a snowstorm. But so did mine, so there you go.

FBF had loaded up some 308 rounds from the gunship cases with TTSX bullets (KameradLes commented loudly, "Noslers woulda been better", to loud laughter) and Saturday morning Keith guided them to some prime speedgoat grounds. As it happens, both of our Heroes pancaked their antelope with their first shots with those highly unique cartridges, much to ALL of our delight!

By last night's supper, we had collected 18 heads of game (which Ryan, Colorado5678 or something like that, upon seeing them all hanging from 4 trees in camp, called "fuzzy wind chimes"... pretty good... btw, he skinned and quartered ALL of them himself, with the exception of my muley doe, which I skinned myself but he quartered... that boy is a WIZARD with a knife!). Several of the boys are still in camp and hunting until Friday, including Les, his dad, Frogman43, and of course eh76.

I did bring my camera, but the battery was dead, so I have no pics. I expect the boys will start posting pics here tomorrow.

Suffice to say it was an historic hunt, as well as a damn successful one. As the annual Wyoming Antelope Camp Sar'nt-Major, I can say with absolute certainty that in this year's camp, we set new records for the numbers of antelope killed, steaks scarfed down, martinis quaffed (vodka AND gin), hunting stories recounted, lies told, and unapologetic farts farted.

Oh, and my own personal high point: I finally got to meet Les, who is in fact a real person, despite his failure to show up in Antelope Camp for the previous 5 years running, and who is, astonishingly, a really nice guy.

Now I'm gonna pour myself a octuple whisky, take a shower, and go to bed. Y'all talk among yourselves if ya want.
Thanks for the update, Doc!

We'll try not to disturb your sleep. grin

Ed
Glad to hear the hunt was a rousing success. I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Fantastic, cant wait for the pics, and detailed recounts from ET, FBF, and EH76. smile

Gunner
Posted By: Winnie Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
Looking forward to the pictures.

Who would have figured Poohba was tall? grin
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
Saturday morning Keith guided them to some prime speedgoat grounds. As it happens, both of our Heroes pancaked their antelope with their first shots with those highly unique cartridges,

There it is. The circle is truly now closed - well done.

cool cool cool cool
well done, indeed smile
Posted By: Mac84 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
Great thread. Definitely brings out the best of/in the campfire.
Cool !
Posted By: T LEE Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
That sure would have been one to be at, God Bless Y'all.
I'd second that notion.
it was an amazing hunt
Posted By: rost495 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
Great update.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
Did ET bust anything with his Sharps too?
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
Saturday morning Keith guided them to some prime speedgoat grounds. As it happens, both of our Heroes pancaked their antelope with their first shots with those highly unique cartridges,

There it is. The circle is truly now closed - well done.

cool cool cool cool

THIS is making me start my day a happy dude.... grin
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
THIS is making me start my day a happy dude

That's how I got to end my yesterday! grin
Posted By: gotlost Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
I've been home for a couple of days and just got time to load the pictures up to Photobucket.
Most of the Photo's will be from Friday night and the presentation of the 308 case to EH76. there is one very poor vidio of it, my eye's watering up from a bad cold and I Blame Doc also for the poor Quality. I had to have one of his famous dirty Martini.
This is a Video

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ldjanos/Antelope%2012/399.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ldjanos/Antelope%2012/398.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ldjanos/Antelope%2012/397.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ldjanos/Antelope%2012/411.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/ldjanos/Antelope%2012/412.jpg[/img]

Too cool for school!
Martini glasses in a walled canvas tent. Like the way you roll.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Martini glasses in a walled canvas tent. Like the way you roll.

As Antelope Camp Sar'nt-Major, I was only following the orders of our Camp Commander, eh76. He gets all the blame. I mean credit.
EH76 put's on a quality Camp.

[Linked Image]
Great thread, great camp, great hunt and great guys. Glad you all had a fantastic time and thanks for sharing this adventure.
Very nice, Gentlemen, well done. wink smile

Gunner
Posted By: bea175 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/11/12
I would have believe you had met Woody when you were a Teen and found out it was used for something other than peeing out of
I have to agree with Colorado1135. I've been friends with eh76 for a long time, but am a new member to the campfire, as well as being the "rookie" in the camp. I'd met DocRocket in Texas this spring, and Frogman43 last year. However, I also met some amazing men in camp this year that truly made me feel welcome and "part of the family", for which I cannot thank them enough. It was such a priviledge to be there, and share those moments. Thanks to all who were there that made this such a memorable experience for me!
I have to agree with Colorado1135. I've been friends with EH76 for a long time, but am a new member to the campfire, as well as being the "rookie" in the camp. I'd met DocRocket in Texas this spring, and Frogman43 last year. However, I also met some amazing men in camp this year that truly made me feel welcome and "part of the family", for which I cannot thank them enough. It was such a priviledge to be there, and share those moments. Thanks to all who were there that made this such a memorable experience for me!
It was great to see you & do some pickin' and grinnin' with you again, Bryan. And welcome to the 24HCF!!
Originally Posted by bwk208
I have to agree with Colorado1135. I've been friends with EH76 for a long time, but am a new member to the campfire, as well as being the "rookie" in the camp. I'd met DocRocket in Texas this spring, and Frogman43 last year. However, I also met some amazing men in camp this year that truly made me feel welcome and "part of the family", for which I cannot thank them enough. It was such a priviledge to be there, and share those moments. Thanks to all who were there that made this such a memorable experience for me!

Welcome to the 'Fire, Sir!

Anyone who can call that old curmudgeon, EH76 "friend" has to be a good, patient man! grin

Drag up a stump and sit a while.

Ed
That last picture..........brrrrrr chill.
it was toasty in the tent T LEE
Anything under 75 degrees is NOT toasty sir! smile smile smile
it was over 80 in the tent not counting the the good cheer.
brian glad you finally showed up

bobby
That I could live with. smile smile smile
bwk208, welcome and it was nice to meet ya. dose EH76 pay you to say your his friend too. (grin)
Fellas we got home late last night after a long trip across Kneebraskee. I put my war brother now hunt pard on the plane a few hours ago with a heavy heart and a few tears.We said our goodbyes and then he turns and gives me a final salute,my vision was blurred all the way home.What an experience for the memory banks...BTW stay tuned many pics to follow of an exceptional Campfire get together thanks to eh76..thanks keith for a great time my friend!...W

[Linked Image]
Way cool Sir.
Originally Posted by bwk208

Brian is a great guy, he helped me stalk up on my first doe, and helped me drag her heavy ass up the ridge to the truck. plus he has some AWESOME video footage that I can't wait to get my hands on
An exceptional story goes with these exceptional men. I am grateful to be able to follow its progression.
Posted By: eh76 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
EvilTwin was first up and Woody helped him with his first pronghorn. The shot was over 400 yds, but I do not recall the exact yardage.

[Linked Image]

Thanks to Nebraska for letting these guys use his NIB Rem 700 .308!
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
An exceptional story goes with these exceptional men. I am grateful to be able to follow its progression.

Hear, Hear!

Ed
Moi aussi!
Posted By: eh76 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
The whole crew...

[Linked Image]
Fellas we got home late last night after a long trip across Kneebraskee. I put my war brother now hunt pard on the plane a few hours ago with a heavy heart and a few tears.We said our goodbyes and then he turns and gives me a final salute,my vision was blurred all the way home.What an experience for the memory banks...BTW stay tuned many pics to follow of an exceptional Campfire get together thanks to eh76..thanks keith for a great time my friend!...W

[Linked Image]

I'm humbled, and grateful. All the amazing and wonderful things that have been shared here between Jim, Woody and those that came together to play a part in the current trip? Man, it makes me proud to be a fellow American. Damned proud.

Safe trip home to you all.
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
Great thread Even Greater story.

[Linked Image]

Safe travels Big Jim, and many Thanks Woody, Doc, and EH. wink

Gunner
Originally Posted by eh76
The whole crew...

[Linked Image]

HEY, this is gonna be good, I've seen one of them dudes before. grin LOL

Gunner
My big bonus of the trip was to kill my 7.62 goat with my son Jeremy who took his first ever antelope seconds after mine.We put a stalk on three does with a nice buck and got two.My shot was ranged at 292 and his at 239.

[Linked Image]
That's perfect Woody, wonderful conclusion to part one of a damn cool story. smile

Now part two will be when ya get a big heavy box offa the Brown Truck. laugh

Gunner
That's perfect Woody, wonderful conclusion to part one of a damn cool story. smile

Gunner

I'm thinking there will be a grin big enough to hide Montana in. laugh

Ed

[Linked Image]

You can't buy class.
You gentlemen have it in spades.

Humbling.

Thank You all for sharing this special event.

Gunner

Can't wait pard specially helpin ET tote his around for several days and makin me smell like a rotten egg! sick ...BTW you and jorge are still butt wipes for what you did ! grin
YESSIR, i'm happy to be a butt wipe in this case. grin

Gunner

Gunner

I'm thinking there will be a grin big enough to hide Montana in. laugh

Ed

I heartily concur Ed. wink

Gunner
I'll be posting a few pics at a time...so here's a few more.

Our gift to Keith,one of the 7.62 cases with the inscription.."In appreciation Keith from Jim and Woody,Jan 1970 SEA - October 5, 2012 Wyoming"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I get chills just looking at those!

Ed
42 3/4 years, very well done Sirs.

Gunner
it was very cool, missed eh76 breaking down though. frown Couldn't have been a better group of guys!
Hope all you dudes can make the hog hunt in the spring.

Gunner
Originally Posted by Salmonella

You can't buy class.
You gentlemen have it in spades.

Humbling.

Thank You all for sharing this special event.

Very well said, sir.
Helluva deal, 'eh KG?

Gunner
Posted By: PAMac Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
Gunner you've atleast seen two of those dudes from my recollection.....

The only way that group of guys could of been better was if all of us homebodies were to be there also! wink

Can't wait till spring! Hop'n we pack that camp full..... wink
10-Roger PAMac, I got ET, Woody, EH76, and Doc spotted in the big pic, but theres a dude in an OD green jacket, cap, glasses, and coffee mug in khakis, I've seen that dude somewhere before, who is it? LOL

Gunner
Helluva deal, 'eh KG?

Gunner

Shaking my head in quiet awe, man. Solid all around by the backstage crew, too. You guys did them, and yourselves all wicked proud. Bravo!
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Helluva deal, 'eh KG?

Gunner

Shaking my head in quiet awe, man. Solid all around by the backstage crew, too. You guys did them, and yourselves all wicked proud. Bravo!

wink

Gunner
Posted By: Charity Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
He's wearing croc's. Gotta be Les...
I thought it was a coffee drinking marshmallow laugh
LOL, and most everyone has a mug-o-coffee in that pic. laugh, looks kinda chilly.

Gunner
[Linked Image]

Sure does! Is ET still sleeping? grin

Yah know Legend has it that, that man does more in his sleep than most do while awake! laugh
SSSHHHHHH, he aint sleepin' he's sayin' a silent prayer. smile

Gunner
over the years I've learned a lot here at the 'fire

but what I've learned that's been the most valuable is the caliber of some of the folks I call my countrymen.

this thread has been pure gold

and my life has been enriched for having seen it.

Well done gentlemen, well done.

that salute by Jim speaks volumes
Terry you woulda loved this invigorating weather! laugh

[Linked Image]

A well stocked cold camp bar is a must!

[Linked Image]

A couple of good eggs who frequented it on several occasions! whistle

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Back home safe and sound!! The best I can do to thank all of the Hunting Crew is to borrow this from Woody. THIS has been the most memorable event I can remember. It has been an Honor and Privilege to have shared a Hunting Camp with this entire gang!! VERY special thanks go to Keith. You belong to Woody and me now Pard. Part of us forever. Woody came up wid da bestest idea of all. After we killed our goats with that unique ammunition, Woody asked what I thought if he gave one cartridge each to the guys who were there with us on the first day. Damn straight it wuz a great idea. SO! 12 good men each have a unique cartridge that was made from the cases from a Gatling Gun fired in anger 42 years ago. Ones from the mission that began an Odessy. All of you are now connected to us and we are heartily glad to have you. One fella didn't get one because he was not there from the first but I took care of him myself. He has a pretty unique momento himself. I'll let him tell ya if he wants. Woody has some pics that will go on this thread soon that tear me up bad. I can't let the cat out of the bag. The pics are a real hammer. I now have my Western family in Woody, Jeremy, Marsha and Jeremy's family. You ALL belong to me now. I couldn't be a luckier man if I made the orders out myself. The memories and emotions that fought their way back to the surface after all those years are really beyond words and maybe even the understanding of folks that haven't looked into the pits of Perdition. You will all get to see the real closing of the circle and the end of the Odessy. Thank you all so much for the Honor and Privilege of being a part of this Hunting Camp and Crew. Now it be Legend. Jim Martin, 12 October 2012. Currahee!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glad to see you made it home safe and sound Jim. I've got my 2 cases sitting next to me at the computer right now. one says LC 68 on the headstamp, and the other says 44-90 sharps. I want to thank you for those and the great conversation and all the jokes! my cheeks still are sore from all the smiling and laughing we did.

I was singin sammy small all the way home, GFY! laugh
grinSammy Small be legendary grin and GFY!! grin
Glad ya made it home SAS Jim, hoping all the other hunting party crew did the same. smile musta been a hell of an experience.

Gunner
It would be difficult to add any further kudos or accolades to this thread. Comeraderie, Hospitality, Generosity, Good Fellowship,.....all demonstrated, and exemplified. I'd say this may well be THE most enjoyable thread I've read here, and can only imagine how much powerful energy radiated from your fire.

One thing I DO know is that, though the ashes of that fire are now cooling, each of you that were there carry away an ember, that will glow warm and steady. At the next gathering, those embers, re-combined will AGAIN blaze in clear bright flame.

Semper Campfire, and thanks !

GTC
Posted By: Ready Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
Knife fellowship.

[Linked Image]

Thanks again, Keith for taking our little jamboree knife along and posting above picture on the Jamboree thread.

I am honored. Best wishes to ET and FBF andthe rest of the crew and many thanks to have let us be part of this.
Posted By: gotlost Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
As a member of the Gatling 12 I can say this was the best Antelope camp I've had the plesure to be involed in. For months I have told friends and other Veterans of the Camp and the story of ET & FlyboyFlem, Most times there a bit of a let down when ones wait's so long for an advent to come to place but, not this time.
To have been a part of this reunion will stay in my memory the rest of my life.
Thank You all for letting me be a small part of a great moment in your lifes.
More stuff to share..for awhile we had three sets of fathers and sons at camp which was outstanding!

eh76 and son Cory

Tom AKA Green Hornet47 and son Les

[Linked Image]

FlyboyFlem and son Jeremy

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
Those .308 cases - it just amazes me.

When those were piling up at your feet, and the muzzle blast was scorching the paint off the side of the gunship, the farthest thing from your mind must have been a hunt. Let alone a hunt with one of troopers those cases was very probably saving from death, or capture.

Then, to have scooped 'em up, labeled 'em, carried 'em home, stored 'em for a few decades, only to have it wind up this way is well, something you simply couldn't script.

Just too cool. cool cool
Oh, for an old buzzard - you still cut a pretty wide swath too.

And ol' ET has a mighty crisp salute.

Doc, well , he ain't a one-shot one-kill kinda guy, or perhaps even a one-box one-kill kinda guy, but, ammuntition makers need profits too. >grins<
Some big THANKS go to these guys...

Larry AKA "gotlost" saved our azzes with a good ole wall tent and wood stove.You the man Larry!! grin BTW check out the reprobate autographs on the wall..

[Linked Image]

Next up Ryan AKA "Colorado 1135" This lad skinned and cut up a multitude of critters! You did sorta have a funny smell about ya! cry Many thanks youngin! grin

[Linked Image]

What can I say about Keith AKA "frogman43" except he kept us in great vittles,a big fish fry with hush puppies and spaghetti with fantastic meat balls and sauce!Thanks buddy you can come cook at my camp anytime! grin

[Linked Image]

Our newly acquired friend and newbie to the Fire Brian AKA "bwk 208" was our videographer and along with Doc entertained us with song and pickins!

[Linked Image]

My other tent pard and new friend Mike AKA "Lost Dog 1371" put up with everyone sitting on his bunk when I think he was dead tired.Mike you could snore through a hurricane my friend! grin Glad we met!

[Linked Image]

Last but not least our guide-o...eh76 for giving us the time of our lives! wink

[Linked Image]
Very happy for you, Jim, and congrats to the whole gang !
Posted By: gotlost Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
It saw my pleasure to help out, My Goat is now in the frezzer and we have breakfast sausage for the winter. Made the wife fresh tenderlion for breakfast this am, so life is good again.

Doc, well , he ain't a one-shot one-kill kinda guy, or perhaps even a one-box one-kill kinda guy, but, ammuntition makers need profits too. >grins<

Careful there, boyo!! Texas is a small state...
wink
Texas is a small state...

From what I've been a readin', all I gotta do is keep a few yards 'tween us. whistle

How many shirt tails did you lose?
Looks like a great time with quality guys.

Two thumbs up to all of you.
We even had live entertainment tnx to Doc and Brian.. grin
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
This is such a great story I really thing that someone with some writing talent needs to write it up and publish it. Book form or magazine this is really a story that needs to be told. I cannot fathom any living breathing human being that would not be brought to tears reading about this. Just my thoughts I know that Flyboy and ET would not be comfortable with idea but that just shows how great of people they are. I wish my Dad was still alive he would really of enjoyed this story. We all owe you guys a lot.
This was amazing reunion/event/hunt to follow and I'm glad to know a great time was had by all!! Big thanks for your service and I'm very grateful to have had a chance to participate in a small way. Nice shootin' BTW...... wink

[Linked Image] [/quote]

A couple of good eggs who frequented it on several occasions! whistle

[Linked Image]

This was me & eh76. You prolly couldn't recognize us because we was coverin' our eyes to protect our eye-dentities. grin

(... you might guess we was pokin' some fun at Mackay Sagebrush & his penchant for blackin' his eyes out in all the pix he posts here on the 'Fire...)
I sure would have liked to grace me with being in the presenceof you guys at that hunt...... I will hopefully be able to in the years that come in the future ..... Looks like you all had a good time.....
Posted By: T LEE Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/12/12
Dang, them boys sound like somebody killing a cat! smile smile smile
We even had live entertainment tnx to Doc and Brian.. grin

Jeez, dude! If I'd known you were gonna tape us playing, I'd have tried harder to stay on key.
eek blush
Trying to complete the photo album for you guys to view and then add what you will..then close out this thread and the 41 year thread with the same ending at ET's request...bear with me I could run faster than my DSL tonight! mad
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Just my thoughts I know that Flyboy and ET would not be comfortable with idea

Yep you're right..this is our experience to share in our own way with family,friends and you fine folks of the Fire.We don't feel it necessary or fitting to go any farther..too many more deserving vets who lived in this timeline and many right here you know who you are. Jim and I will always be grateful for your kind words.Thank you....
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/13/12
I'm very pleased this whole enterprise exceeded all expectations and will certainly become one of the most if not the most famous and best thread on this forum. My only regret is was unable to participate. Thanks for a great story men. jorge
I'm very pleased this whole enterprise exceeded all expectations and will certainly become one of the most if not the most famous and best thread on this forum. My only regret is was unable to participate. Thanks for a great story men. jorge

Agreed....and I'm surprised you didn't attend Jorge. You coulda' sung a song or three. wink
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/13/12
I have no time in "retirement" I can't keep up with the wife's spending but I am leaving for Texas in six days for an Axis/hog hunt. Working on a buffler hunt with these reprobates for next year.
Good for you and good luck on your Axis/Hog hunt. A buffalo hunt with those dudes oughta' be a blast. I'm sure ET will be using some new fandangled smokeless Weatherby-WSM.lol
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 10/13/12
I figured you would say that. I respect that wholeheartedly. I am honored that you guys shared this story with us.
Well time for ET and I to put this thread to rest.Thanks to all that have shared our experience in this thread and the 41 year thread. I am lost for words at present but I do know that kindness,generosity and true lasting friendships dwell here. I hope you take a few of these last embers with you,start your own fire,make new friends,go hunt and have great times together as we have.Thank you from the bottom of my heart I will always remember your kind words...my SALUTE to you one and all..God Bless...Woody

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Peace be with You Brothers, one and ALL. smile

Gunner
Woody,

There have been many comments about how great this thread is, and even more about how great you guys' story is.

I want to thank you and the other participants for allowing us the honor of sharing your journey.

This is the kind of thing that people talk about for generations, and to be a witness to it is humbling.

I don't have to pray that God blesses each and every one of you, for I see that He has.

Ed
Words fail.

You guys have what so many only yearn for.
Better than money, big houses or shiny cars.

Bravo.....

Well Woody thank you for saving my pop and by default me cool From the pics I saw looks like you ole farts had a blast. Enjoy your new toy Woody!!!
Thanks for posting Shane. It means a lot to me. Dad
Originally Posted by Twinspawn
Well Woody thank you for saving my pop and by default me cool From the pics I saw looks like you ole farts had a blast. Enjoy your new toy Woody!!!

Thank you Shane..don't have to tell you what this means to both of us.Your pop will always hold a special place in my heart and his generosity as well as those of his friends has touched me to the core....W
...and part Two of the Odessy
Bump for the late shift

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ya know, I thought I knew what I was going to say after reading some of this thread.

Jim called me today( that in itself, is an Honor I am glad to have happen). He talked to me about the 41 year thread, and told me I needed to read this thread. I managed to get through some of the pages.

The above photo tells me worlds more about these two men than words ever will, hell I don't believe i've ever spoke to woody on here, and I can't describe what I see in his eyes. but I see a 20 year old jod when I look at Jim's face, but deeper than that I see a man with a heart the Size of Texas.---then I read a few pages further and realized that I have three new heros in my life gunner, Jim, and Jorge. That was pure class. God bless the four of you
Bump for rooster 7
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 01/25/14
I have met, and been hosted by Woody.Dont need to say it, but I will. He's the real deal�.

I can't wait to meet Jim, talked on the phone many times, but I'll get to meet him at the pig hunt, worth the trip in and of itself, I'll bet.

Jim paid me the highest compliment it has ever been my good fortune to receive. You don't forget things like that�.
Posted By: T LEE Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 01/25/14
Yes it is ingwe, yes it is. He da man!
Making the hog shoot was a tremendous blessing for me last year. I was fortunate to meet and talk with many good folks from this campfire. Jim is a class act, and definitely one of those folks you want with you if things go sour.

There are others though, that I would like to meet as well. Really looking forward to shaking Terry's hand some day, as well as Ed and Travis.

Like Bristoe, one of these days I'm going to go walkabout....That's all there is to it.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 01/25/14
I have met, and been hosted by Woody.Dont need to say it, but I will. He's the real deal�.

I can't wait to meet Jim, talked on the phone many times, but I'll get to meet him at the pig hunt, worth the trip in and of itself, I'll bet.

Jim paid me the highest compliment it has ever been my good fortune to receive. You don't forget things like that�.

I'm kinda in the opposite situation. I have had the good fortune to break bread with Jim and his family after he took me into his home, spent A LOT of road hours with him, and spent family time with Jim and his sons. It should surprise none that he treated my son as one of his own. OTOH, I would be honored to meet Woody so I can shake his hand and thank him.

George
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 01/25/14
You won't find better than Woody...
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Bump for rooster 7

Thanks man! Appreciate it!
Posted By: wldthg Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 01/26/14
Look's like you had a good time hunting together. Web
wheredahell have YOU been??? Woody and I wuz talking about ya. Wuz yer ears ringin'???
Posted By: wldthg Re: The Circle Closed Tomorrow - 01/26/14
I've been here, the camo pattern I wear makes me blend in . Been fighting bad guys with Superman , Batman, Aquaman, Hulk, and my 3 young Grandsons. Web
Bump for Paul
© 24hourcampfire