Home
Posted By: okok What snacks are you addicted too? - 11/05/12
I've been hammering Kit Kat bars...them things are addicting. What's your habit?
M&M's. Sister bought me a huge M&M dispenser a long time ago. Keep it filled, walk by and stick your hand out and it fills it up automatically.
I od on a 1/2# in one day,haven't liked them since. cry
Any shape of gummy, sweet or sour.
M&M's with Peanuts.
Is coffee a snack.
Potato chips.. But only the white-boxed 'generic' stuff available in this area.. The others - not so much..
Wine.
Originally Posted by okok
I've been hammering Kit Kat bars...them things are addicting. What's your habit?

No bars of any kind, ever.

Why pay for something that is low on the good taste scale and bad for your health?

If I need to snack, like on the road or during hunting, I go for nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts...) and dried fruit (raisins, cranberries...)
Red Licorice. When I finally sit down at the end of a day, 50/50 shot I'll have red vines in my hand.
V-8 juice. I could drink a whole big bottle in one sitting. Bacon-I'm good for a pound easily. Honey Roasted peanuts.
Doritos. They dont make a bad flavor as far as I am concerned.
Buttermilk

Mike
I'm a sucker for almost anything salty or sweet.

I'm also trying to shed my fatass status, so I try really hard to avoid both.

And it sucks.

FC
Red licorice, Swedish fish.

Food for the Gods.
Twizzlers
Originally Posted by jdm953
Is coffee a snack.

No... It's a food group.....wink
Popcorn.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Is coffee a snack.

Yah, I'm right there with you on that one-guilty as charged!
Redheads!
My favorite treat is an ic cold beer (MGD) and a can of smoked oysters slathered with good brown mustard.
It's especially good back at camp after a long mornings hike and about the only time I indulge in em, but you can bet there's a good supply of smoked oysters in the camp box any time I head out.
I introduced a young friend to em who imediatly dubbed em "camp candy".
Been paleo-Diet for a while now, so snacks come in the form of fruit, nuts, glass of red wine etc.

That said, cool ranch doritos coul dbe the death of me if I let them.

Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Popcorn.

Popcorn and football,or the movies, otherwise I don't even think of it...

There is only one kind of Popcorn worth talking about, Homemade, popped in a 2qt kettle.

Don't even mention micro-popcorn...
Slices of raw fish.
Venison Jerky.
Is coffee a snack.

YES, and one I am "snaking on" all day long!
Black licorice or Beer Nuts and Coors Light works pretty well too.
Taco flavored Doritos(the ORGINAL)

Corn-nuts

Jerky, home made or from select local stores(Dublin General Store is one of the best)

Kowolski hot sticks, these are made by a company in Hammtramick MI. I grew up on these things and recently found a local store that carry's them. Its a weekend ritual to stop and grab 4 or 5 when I take the dog for a ride and we split 50/50.

Ive also been known to sit down and knock out a can of black olives just for the hell of it.
Skoal.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Is coffee a snack.

Yah, I'm right there with you on that one-guilty as charged!

Likewise gentlemen. I avoid the bad stuff anymore but coffee is my daily indulgence. Wonderful stuff it is.

I really like Kit Kat bars but man ... those things seize me up. grin
Originally Posted by slg888
Twizzlers
Red Vines are so much better.
My GSP Jake and I share a Little Debbie Fancy Cake ( has to be a Fancy Cake ) every night about 8:00. He will come and sit beside my chair and stare at me until I get up and go to the pantry.
[Linked Image]
None, actually. I'm not big on Western civilization food, anyway. But, to each their own.
Lately it's been the dried mangos or coconut from costco. Otherwise it's the mixed nuts or cashews but I really don't need all that salt anymore.

I only eat snacks out of boredom anyway.
cheap vanilla/choc cookies. With milk. 1-3 times a night.. can't help myself for some reason.

Of course if I could ever sleep more than about 1-2 hours at a time, I might not wake up with the urge either...
Originally Posted by EdM
Any shape of gummy, sweet or sour.

Me too, but I can't get myself to eat the Gummy Cherries. It's like putting a miniature set of Truck Nutz in your mouth! eek grin

[Linked Image]

Mike
Corn nuts and pumpkin seeds. But most of all Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Cashew Nut Granola Bars, one after another, with no pangs of guilt at all, I am BAD frown
Frozen peanut M&M's
Clif Builder's Bar, especially the Crunchy Peanut Butter ones.
Sport Beans by Jelly Belly.
Clif Bar, especially the Oatmeal-Raisin-Walnut ones.

Potato chips - any kind or maker, totally addicted.
Frozen Nestles chocolate chips
Anything meat. Leftover cold chicken, steak, lamb chops, pork chops, salami, well, you get it.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Corn nuts and pumpkin seeds. But most of all Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Cashew Nut Granola Bars, one after another, with no pangs of guilt at all, I am BAD frown

BAD GIRL!

If you keep eating those Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Cashew Nut Granola Bars, one after another, you're gonna deserve a spanking on your phat round butt for not exercising a little control.

laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by logger

depends on whats available potato chips [ pringles originals]
white chocolat budds,choc cookies.

used to be coffee but i downsized

norm
Originally Posted by logger

That sounds damn good! While drinking hot coffee it sounds even better!
Originally Posted by Chrome
Frozen peanut M&M's

Try them bad boys in the microwave 15 to 20 seconds or until the shell just starts to crack.
refined flour baked in many forms
Snatch
Originally Posted by mirage243
Snatch

laugh
Originally Posted by fish head

BAD GIRL!

If you keep eating those Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Cashew Nut Granola Bars, one after another, you're gonna deserve a spanking on your phat round butt for not exercising a little control.

laugh laugh laugh

With my current illness, I am losing weight as opposed to gaining weight. My Doctor is actually concerned about the weight loss, will find out what we are going to do about it on my next appointment.
you're gonna deserve a spanking on your phat round butt for not exercising a little control.

You think you got it in ya Big Boy ????
Unfortunately, most anything that is available. (I have many character flaws. This is one of them.)
Define snacks.

I enjoy a can of sardines and Triscuits on occasion.
Krogers sells bags of Irish cheddar cheese in individual wrapped bite size bits.

Jim
I can't say no to a Chocolate Chip cookie.
Quick shake: Milk or water, cocoa powder, a Splenda, some protein powder, ice, and a big honkin' spoonful of natural peanut butter. Tastes kind of like drinking a Reese Cup. It's rare that I go a day without at least one. We go through at least 60lbs of protein powder per year at my house, and it is way better for you than grabbing some candy or ice cream.

If I get my pick on "real treats", it is cold Milky Way bars or Pangburn's Millionares. I could eat Millionares until I puked.... (grin)
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Chocolate Chip cookie is redundant. smile
Originally Posted by arkypete
Define snacks.

I enjoy a can of sardines and Triscuits on occasion.
Krogers sells bags of Irish cheddar cheese in individual wrapped bite size bits.

Jim

Well, that certainly doesn't qualify! sick wink
Store-bought choc chip cookies in a box or bag: Nah...

Warm choc chip cookies out of the oven: I'm in trouble....
food
Originally Posted by JPro
Store-bought choc chip cookies in a box or bag: Nah...

Warm choc chip cookies out of the oven: I'm in trouble....

Yep, they have to be home made. Wife has some in the oven as I type. Nice from a morning of hunting. I like how hunting works out when retired.
Chocolate.
I'm equal opportunity, like it all. In my office as I look around I see Boy Scout caramel corn, a mega sized Symphony 'Almonds and Toffee' bar, pretzels, and Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. Anything not good for me is what I like. And I'm still a stunning specimen of human health.......
Almonds and Bananas.

Gunner
Non anymore..

Sad

Snake
whoopers......crack, in a mike carton.
Pistachios,
If I have a bag of the little fruit flavored or plain marshmallows, ill keep,eating till the whole bag is gone.
Picante flavored Corn Nuts!
NWA is addicted to

[Linked Image]
you're gonna deserve a spanking on your phat round butt for not exercising a little control.

You think you got it in ya Big Boy ????

I've smacked a few heinies in my day. cry

I'm sure I could at least do an adequate job. grin
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Slices of raw fish.

RAW FISH! On this thread, Leighton is the non-conformist... grin

[Linked Image]

John
I am addicted to Cheez-it crackers. Go thru 1 box a week, really like the Cheader-Jack one's, but the smoked cheader are pretty good too.
Wasabi flavored smoked almonds are kicking my ass right now.

And tons of fruit, eat several apples a day.

Thank god I kicked my popcorn habit, I loved that stuff too.
all the oldmen on 24hr (who think im hot) nuts and their seed. But most of all crossfireoops Sweaty and Salty Nuts, one after another, with no pangs of guilt at all, I am BAD frown

smirk laugh
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes
Wasabi flavored smoked almonds are kicking my ass right now.

And tons of fruit, eat several apples a day.

Thank god I kicked my popcorn habit, I loved that stuff too.

Don't fight it. You can't win against those damn almonds.
Originally Posted by catman925
all the oldmen on 24hr (who think im hot) nuts and their seed. But most of all crossfireoops Sweaty and Salty Nuts, one after another, with no pangs of guilt at all, I am BAD frown

smirk laugh

Very good ! You copied it almost exactly as I wrote it. Keep practicing and some day you might just be able to spell your real name ! Bless your little cotton socks....

I really like Kit Kat bars but man ... those things seize me up. grin

You know....I thought of that,I'll have to experment. lol

I love Spanish or redskin peanuts. My wonderful great aunt used to treat me to Spanish peanuts and Welches grape juice when I came home from school way back in grade school and it still works.
I'm not much into candy but give me a bag of strawberry Twizzlers and don't even bother asking for the bag back cause you ain't getting it back.

I carry a bag of them on all my hunts, including my backpack sheep hunts.
Do jalapeno pickled eggs count as snack food? grin

Between that and beef jerky, I'm covered (should probably add in those orange "Rockstars").

George
Originally Posted by Steelhead

And a huge freaking glass of ice cold milk!!!
Hot Tamales
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
NWA is addicted to

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh laugh

Gunner
As far as snacks go Nacho cheese Combos and Original Starbursts. It takes massive effort to close the bag before they're all gone. Especially the Starbursts. I'll open a bag while watching tv or reading and my hand just operates subconciously (don't go there) --next thing you know there's a big pile of wrappers lying there. Even been known to put one of each flavor in the mouth at the same time for max flavor explosion (and some drooling)!

Sigh.

corn nuts.
© 24hourcampfire