Home
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
We should take time to consider the true meaning of Veteran's Day.
It means far more than perhaps having a three day weekend, or watching a patirotic old movie. It means far more than giving a dollar or some change to a proud veteran and getting a plastic poppy in return...

Today is a day that we should reflect on, and acknowledge the sacrifices they made and the hardships those men and women endured in order to keep this nation and its citizens free and safe. We should be grateful to those men and woman who made the hard choices. We should be thankful to the ones who stand up on our behalf.

May God bless our veterans today, and may he keep them in the manner that they have endeavoured to keep all of us.

Thank you all.
Posted By: isaac Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
Yes sir. May I also include the families of veterans? IMO,they partnered in the selfless sacrifices,as well.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
Would that the rest of America took this the way vets do, and then we would have far less turmoil...

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

It's a simple concept.
Posted By: brinky72 Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
From one proud veteran to all the others, Thank You ALL. Your sacrifices are not in vain. We all appreciate what you have done and continue to do. If there is one thing we all should and can agree on it is that we have the greatest Armed Forces on the planet. Our men and women who serve are the best trained and most dedicated to the greatest cause in history bar none. That would be Freedom for all. THANK YOU.
Posted By: brinky72 Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Would that the rest of America took this the way vets do, and then we would have far less turmoil...

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

It's a simple concept.

I have often thought that every able bodied person in this country should serve in the armed forces/military. I think there would be a lot less bickering and our government would run a lot more smoothly. Something about a true interest and appreciation in your homeland comes to mind.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
THANK YOU VETERANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: azcoues Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
An Honored Tradition

We hope and Pray the day will never come when we/ they have to choose between

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same

and

that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.So help me God.

I fear our future as a United Nation will be challenged with this term of this president.

May God Bless and Keep all our Troops safe.

A Big THANK YOU to all The branch's of the Military ,who risk their lives daily in defense our great Nation - and to all Veterans--past and present.

A bigger Thanks to those who HONOR this DAY with their thoughts and prayers for those who gave their lives in service to this great Nation
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
Originally Posted by RISJR
Yes sir. May I also include the families of veterans? IMO,they partnered in the selfless sacrifices,as well.

Absolutely my friend!
Posted By: fish head Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

It's a simple concept.

I'm not a vet but I cast my vote in defense of the Constitution and against domestic enemies. It's the best I could do at this point in life. smile

Thanks and best wishes to all the vets out there.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
GFY.

In celebration of yesterday, I made my children watch the scene when the Marines take the city in The Wind and The Lion.

They were very impressed...

Travis
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
Originally Posted by azcoues
An Honored Tradition

We hope and Pray the day will never come when we/ they have to choose between

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same

and

that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.So help me God.

I fear our future as a United Nation will be challenged with this term of this president.

May God Bless and Keep all our Troops safe.

A Big THANK YOU to all The branch's of the Military ,who risk their lives daily in defense our great Nation - and to all Veterans--past and present.

A bigger Thanks to those who HONOR this DAY with their thoughts and prayers for those who gave their lives in service to this great Nation

The UCMJ embodied "Rocks and Shoals" which goverened the Naval services and "Articles of War" IIRC which goverened the Army.

According to a Marine Lt.Col Dabney,who helped write the UCMJ,the provision allowing dis-obedience to an un-lawful order was actually strengthened in comparison to the originals.

IOW....No choice will ever be required.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
To all Fellow Veterans!

A Salute of Respect and Gratitude!

have a wonderful Veterans Day!
Posted By: achadwick Re: Thank You Veterans! - 11/11/12
Hear, hear!
© 24hourcampfire