Home
That's short for THANKSGIVING DAY!!!!! or Turkey Day..... or what ever dialect you have for next Thursday.... So enough of my bi-lingual atrocities and off to the five course main course....

Main courses are- Prime rib, Deep fried turkey, Lamb Roast, Spiral Ham, and Chicky wings!!!!!!!

Fillers- Mashed Pots 'n Gravy, Sweet Pot. Casserole, little rolled up ham-cream cheese-onion thingys, fresh bread, GB casserole, Corn Casserole, veggie tray, cheese tray, Shrimp cocktail, venison salami/bologna tray..... and a few others.....

Desserts- Death by chocolate, pies, pies, pies, and pumpkin rolls......and maybe a cheese cake if I'm feeling a little adventurous.... wink

Don't usually go all out like this, but some of my best friends are moving to Indianapolis and we're having a farewell Thanksgiving.....

So how about you?????
Normal [bleep], deer hunting in the morning, turkey/mashed potatoes/stuffing/cranberry/rutabaga/pumpkin pie and football in the afternoon.

Just the me and the wife along with a hungry dog and 2 apathetic cats.
No FIL?
Originally Posted by eh76
No FIL?

I bet he is inventing many new words to reply with......

So what are you having Mr.900 plus????
No FIL?

WOW!!?!?! You expect Steelhead to have his FIL on the menu!?!?! sick eek laugh laugh

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself...

As for our house, Brisket, smoked chicken, coleslaw, green beans & taters cooked with bacon, my famous BBQ beans, cornbread, fresh biscuits, a green salad, and sweet potato pie and brownies for desert. With Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream, of course.

Ed
Originally Posted by PAMac
No FIL?

I bet he is inventing many new words to reply with......

So what are you having Mr.900 plus????

Prime rib, garlic mashed potatos, veggie, fresh baked dinner rolls, desert wink
Hmmm, may I come over for dinner, Cuz?
NO FIL and I don't ever have to worry about the SIL visiting, she won't get on a plane and has never been more than 100 miles from home. She is the most self-centric person I have ever met and I'm happy she will never visit.
Originally Posted by Charity

You are always welcome when you are around! Les is the one I have to prepare for.....

Let me know so I can add Birthday cake to the dessert list! wink
Just the usual other than now five grand kids from six months to 13 years. Should/will be interesting. Have my beverage stash out in the shop should things get too far out of hand.....

You are always welcome when you are around! Les is the one I have to prepare for.....

Say What ya chubby bastard? You out eat me 7 different ways.
Obviously not celebrated over here so just a normal day at work though I will Skype home in the eve as all three son's will be home with my wife and I will tip a holiday martini.
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les

Say What ya chubby bastard? You out eat me 7 different ways.

with air purifiers.......
Just me and momma and puppy,

Baked turkey breast with cornbread dressing, whipped potatoes, creamed corn, gravy, cranberry sauce.

For desert will be homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Alka Seltzer later.
Going to MIL's, but wife or I will probably make some dessert. For gun club last saturday we did deep pit turkey and hams. I did brisket.
we had GB casserole, broccoli salad, green salad, mashed taters, gravy, rolls, and cran sauce. Desserts were apple, pecan, and chocolate/cream cheese pies.

I feel 3 lbs heavier already.
Usually just myself, my bride and our 4 - 4 legged kids. This year my nephew is at some Air Guard training in Little Rock (he's from the Dallas area) and he is coming up if they get the day (and maybe Friday) off. Since he will be here, my sister (his mother) is driving down from Iowa and bringing my bride's brother along. Nephew may bring a fellow Air Guard friend up, too, if he can talk him into it.

SO - the menu will be turkey, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, stuffing (gotta save some back to put oysters in, for me), scalloped corn and maybe green bean casserole. Bread of some kind, of course. Afterwards there will be fresh made apple pie and pumpkin pie . . . with fresh made whipped cream. Want to keep it family-traditional for our nephew after his two stints in the sand box and his recent deevorse . . . it's been a while since he's had a decent Thanksgiving.
Heading to OH to take the kids to see their grandmother. We are planning deep-fried turkey breasts and spiral ham. My wife and I usually make prime rib. It will depend on just how much meat they have and whether there's room or need for another main dish.

Other than that, the usual corn-bread casserole and mashed potato casserole.

The only thing special will be homemade huckleberry pie. And, for my mother, homemade blackberry pie. My wife makes a mean pie crust and berry filling.
Fish and Chips at the Seattle Airport, it is way cheap to fly on thanksgiving day
Trying damn hard to get a wild turkey with my compound bow, no luck yet.

Gunner
which one of the 2 are u going to hit?
Hope none of you are planning to have Hoho's, Twinkies, or Ding Dongs for your dessert....
Hope none of you are planning to have Hoho's, Twinkies, or Ding Dongs for your dessert....

already had some stashed wink

Originally Posted by gunner500
Trying damn hard to get a wild turkey with my compound bow, no luck yet.

Gunner

got a .410? Get an arrow and trim the fletching down....cut the shell top off and dump the shot.... whistle
© 24hourcampfire