Home
Genital injuries send thousands to emergency care each year, study shows

Television shows and movies may portray people getting hit in the crotch as comical, but it's a serious issue that sends almost 16,000 men and women to U.S. emergency rooms every year, according to a study.

Bicycles, furniture and clothing are all items blamed for the injuries, which can go on to cause people physical, psychological and reproductive problems later on, said senior author Benjamin Breyer, an assistant professor of urology at the University of California, San Francisco.

"To put this in perspective, the yearly incidence of these (injuries) is almost twice as much as dental injuries, and about the same as electrical and chemical burns," Breyer added.

The team analyzed a national database of emergency room visits caused by consumer products, identifying all genital injuries to men and women 18 years and older between 2002 and 2010.

The injured body parts included, among other things, penises, testicles, bladders, kidneys and external female genitalia.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/...dy-shows/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2CKovsijz
I think my brother is safe... He doesn't ride bikes or wear "skinny jeans". Now the croc's and furniture might be his downfall.

Originally Posted by ironbender
Genital injuries send thousands to emergency care each year, study shows

Bicycles, furniture and clothing are all items blamed for the injuries, which can go on to cause people physical, psychological and reproductive problems later on, said senior author Benjamin Breyer, an assistant professor of urology at the University of California, San Francisco.

This

...people cutting themselves while trying to shave their pubic hair.

is what had me worried 'bout ol' Lester!
Well, I don't know about his personal hygiene requirements, but I would have to agree especially after his "Monkey butt" thread.
Originally Posted by ironbender
This

...people cutting themselves while trying to shave their pubic hair.

is what had me worried 'bout ol' Lester!

Give the poor guy a break. He just doesn't want to leave the spiders a place to hide.
Hey, I like no hair on the bags, keeps 'em nice and soft. grin Just don't use a straight razor and all is well.
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Hey, I like no hair on the bags, keeps 'em nice and soft. grin Just don't use a straight razor and all is well.

Good lord now that's more information than we need to know. The image of Les shaving his Bags is pure sickening.

sick sick sick
I knew when I hit the reply button that somehow I was going to regret getting into this thread. sick
Ironbender started it, hey, that reminds me, I need to shave my azz too. grin
© 24hourcampfire