Home
Posted By: shreck Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Hey kids, they didn't tell you this before the election. Heh.

Sorry, college students. President Obama has cut your access to Pell Grants by 33%; he just forgot to mention it before Election Day.

http://www.examiner.com/article/college-students-learn-of-obama-s-secret-pell-grant-cuts
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
My daughter is as poor as they come and doesn't qualify for any of that stuff, 'cause she's white,is Texan and has me. [bleep] 'em.
Posted By: okbowman Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Good! With a few exceptions it's an unnecessary and wasteful program.
Posted By: temmi Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Originally Posted by ltppowell
My daughter is as poor as they come and doesn't qualify for any of that stuff, 'cause she's white,is Texan and has me. [bleep] 'em.

yep
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
LOL and we're not even hearing about it on MSNBC.
Posted By: Stush Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Imagine that. Hmmmm

I am sure that this is somehow the fault of the Republican controlled house though?

wink
Posted By: yeselk Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
I've always thought they should give Pell Loans with low interest but not Grants. Pell Grants reward bad behavior.
Originally Posted by yeselk
I've always thought they should give Pell Loans with low interest but not Grants. Pell Grants reward bad behavior.

When my oldest was about ready to go to college she found out her parents were too rich to qualify. These things should have been history over 20 years ago.
Posted By: BrentD Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Why are you watching MSNBC in the first place?
Posted By: sse Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
The symbiotic relationship between .gov, the banks and the .edu industries is about as perverse as it gets.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Note that the 33% cut is from a maximum of 9 years of Pell Grants down to a maximum of 6 years.

Why would we have allowed 9 YEARS of Pell grants to somebody in the first place? Fricking stupid politicians just love spending other people's money.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
kinda reminds me of yesterday's Day by Day strip
[Linked Image]
Posted By: okbowman Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Note that the 33% cut is from a maximum of 9 years of Pell Grants down to a maximum of 6 years.

Why would we have allowed 9 YEARS of Pell grants to somebody in the first place? Fricking stupid politicians just love spending other people's money.

It's much worse than that. The graduation rate for students on Pell Grants is very low, and they only have to payback a prorated amount when they drop a class.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
,...as long as I get my 99 weeks of unemployment,..fuggit.

That's my acid test ever since they run Ron Paul off.

"How many weeks of unemployment you offerin'?

Way I figure,..as long as they're determined to crash the country, my main impetus is gettin' my meager chunk of it before the fat cats eat it up.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Buy lead and brass with the money Bristoe! smile
Posted By: Notropis Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Originally Posted by BrentD

Some people watch such things to know what lies are being promoted by the media folks and believed by the masses.

Always know what the other pricks around you are up to. You know [bleep] like you brent!
Ah, such a friendly guy you are. No wonder why I keep you on ignore most of the time.

But if you really wanted to keep track of me, MSNBC doesn't help much. I don't appear there. Not ever.
Ah, such a friendly guy you are. No wonder why I keep you on ignore most of the time.

But if you really wanted to keep track of me, MSNBC doesn't help much. I don't appear there. Not ever.

LOL if you do your sure as hell respond way too much. No I think we caught you in another lie brent.
Keep believin'

It is all you have got. Sad it is too.
LOL I see I'm still on ignore bitch!
I needed entertainment today - and laughing at you seems to be the best there is. You are pretty funny after all. Pathetically so, but funny nonetheless.
Posted By: Boyd45 Re: Cuts in Pell Grants - 11/30/12
Length of time to receive Pell grants and total amount per year reduced? Good-maybe the for profit scumbag schools will stop feeding at the public trough as much.
© 24hourcampfire