Home
Posted By: whodat Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Thinking about all the beer's I've drank over the past 30yrs.
Domestic only, no desinger, aka Sam Adams or Lite B.S.

Hamms
Budweiser
Miller High life
Schlitz
Old Style
Rolling Rock
Old Chicago
Sthrohs
Coors
Hubers
Buckhorn
Grain Belt
Meister Brau
Leienkugels
Point
Falstaff
PBR
I'm not sure any of those are beer.
Originally Posted by mathman

In more ways than one grin
Posted By: Teal Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Budweiser isn't domestic. Owned by In-Bev based in Belgium so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

Miller isn't domestic. Owned by SABMiller based in the United Kingdom so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

Coors isn't domestic. Owned by Molson Coors based in Canada so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

Originally Posted by teal
Budweiser isn't domestic. Owned by In-Bev from Belgium so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

Miller isn't domestic. Owned by SABMiller from the United Kingdom so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

Coors isn't domestic. Owned by Molson Coors from Canada so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

You izzzzzz beery smart grin
Hamms
Budweiser
Miller High life
Schlitz
Old Style
Rolling Rock
Old Chicago
Sthrohs
Coors
Hubers
Buckhorn
Grain Belt
Meister Brau
Leienkugels
Point
Falstaff
PBR
Red White Blue
JAX
Carling Black Label
Michelob

Dumazzez . . . in the last 30 years . . . dumazzez grin
You mean there's more to life than Budweiser???
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Dumazzez . . . in the last 30 years . . . dumazzez grin

OP didn't state that his Budweiser/Miller/Coors consumption was pre-buy out. Assumed he didn't realize that Budweiser isn't "murican".
Bud
Michelob
Hamms
Mickeys
Miller
Meister Brau
Rainier
Lucky
Coors
Schlitz
Falstaff
Buckhorn
Shiner
Olympia
Blitz Weinhard
Iron City
Old Frothingslosh
J. Hoffbauer (worst beer I ever tried to drink)
Leinenkugels
Heidelburg
Old Milwaukee
Stroh's
Red, White & Blue
Abita
Pabst
Old German
Rolling Rock
Beer (white can, black letters)

Probably a few I've forgotten.......

Couldn't begin to remember all but here are some.

Budwieser
Coors
Schlitz
Old Milwaukee
Pearl
Lone Star
Miller
Falstaff
Rolling Rock
Pabst
Some stuff with BEER on the side of a gray can
Think I drank a Billy beer once
Probaby many more offered and taken that I can't remember

Not to hijack but, does anyone remember
Mickey Finns
Schlitz Bulls
Hey, When it comes to Cheese-heads and Beer, You best be specific.
You guys are messing up this thread. If you don't fix it now this thread will die on the vine. Cut and paste the list in front of your post, so others can add to it as it goes on, and on, and on, and on . . . grin
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
I don't drink very much very often so I don't have to rationalize saving money by drinking beer that belongs back in the horse it came from.

Sam Adams varieties (Winter Lager, Cream Stout, others) have been my favorites for a long time. Last summer one of my gal friends introduced me to Shock Top. It goes damn good with her style of cooking.
Quityer bitchin. Those beers are brewed in the US of A. With all the blather about jobs being shipped out of country, you ought to be glad for these.

Most domestic US beer is hardly beer at all, but it's all that lots of poor souls know. And there are some pretty darn good ones, too. Sam Adams, Yuengling, Shiner and several more breweries turn out beers that would stand up to the best anywhere.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
You've missed the most famous cowboy beer of all - Keystone.
Posted By: wyliec Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Not all that I've drank but the ones I choose to drink today...

Blue Moon
Sierra Nevada
Summit

Way, waaayyyy back there was Olympia.....
Posted By: Mr_Saw Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Didn't know there was any other than PBR and Utica Club.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Quityer bitchin. Those beers are brewed in the US of A. With all the blather about jobs being shipped out of country, you ought to be glad for these.

Most domestic US beer is hardly beer at all, but it's all that lots of poor souls know. And there are some pretty darn good ones, too. Sam Adams, Yuengling, Shiner and several more breweries turn out beers that would stand up to the best anywhere.

I wasn't bitching - just stating that if a person REALLY wants domestic, it's not Bud/Miller/Coors if they hold the same standard to their beer as they do their truck. Remember for most you can't buy a Toyota, even if it is made in the USA because the money goes back to Japan - remember?

Here's a list (for those interested) of the World Beer Cup for 2012. WBC 2012

Note - lots of American brewed beers on there that are winning in Euro/regional traditional styles.

American breweries and craft breweries specifically make the best beer in the world IMO. The US isn't constrained to one style - we do other styles better than the places where they were invented in many instances.
Posted By: whodat Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
All I asked was about beers's from one's drinking past. Not who the [bleep] took over the brewing right's etc.
It's no wonder why past members quit this web site.
Posted By: RDW Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Too many to remember but some I would prefer to forget...

Mickey's
BEER (from Safeway I think)
Foster's
Coors
Schlitz
Old Milwaukee
Pearl
Lone Star
Guiness
Moose Drool

Oh yeah, Killian's Red?

Ya'll are jogging my memory,

Michelob
Red Stripe
Lowenbrau
Molsen
Henry weinhards private reserve.
Originally Posted by GF1

Now thats what I am talking about!
Ice cold bud in a bottle, done.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Ranier
Olympia
Schlitz
Schlitz Light
Schlitz Ice
Schlitz Light Ice
Schlitz Malt Liqour
Schlitz Red Bull
Red, White & Blue
Black Label
Jacob Best
Pabst
Pabst Light
Pabst Ice
Red Dog
Miller
Miller Lite
Lite Ice
Miller High Life
Icehouse
Leinenkugels
Leinenkugels (All the goofy Reds, lemonades, weisses,etc)
Huber
Point
Hamms
Hamms Light
Blatz
Blatz Light
Grain Belt
Pig's Eye
Stag
Hauenstein
Schell's crap
Old Milwaukee
Old Milwaukee Light
Milwaukee's Best
Milwaukee's Best Light (Beast)
Lone Star
Budweiser
Bud Ice
Bud Dry
Bud Light
Budweiser Light
Busch
Busch Light
Killians Red
Coors
Coors Light
Keystone
Keystone Light
Schaefer
Meister Brau
Rolling Rock
Michelob
Michelob Light
Michelob Ultra
Michelob Golden
MGD
MGD Light
MGD 64
Miller High Life Light
Falstaff
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Sam Adams (All of their garbage)
Micky's
Schmidt
Schmidt Light
Colt 45
Olde English
Dubuque Star
Simpatico
Boulevard
Boulevard Wheat

I'm sure some more forgotten.....
Posted By: RDW Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Damn Hawk!
atta boy hawk!
Y'all forgot the one that tastes like hot dog piss smells.

Billy Beer. sick

Gunner
All borrowed....
Originally Posted by gunner500

Billy Beer. sick

Gunner

Before my time, thank God!
And Schaeffer. [barf]

Gunner

Billy Beer. sick

Gunner

Someone already mentioned it. wink
Ooops, missed it.

Gunner
Originally Posted by HawkI

Billy Beer. sick

Gunner

Mine too legally, but Dad took me out on the porch at 14 years and taught me to drink beer, I was doing pretty good till he threw down a pack of marlboros and a zippo. LOL

Gunner
Forgot Hy-Vee Regal and Regal Light....and Hiland Lager, but I think its Schells crap....
Posted By: djs Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
The only good beers that I've had in the past 10 years have been craft beers. I especially like the Porters, Barley Wines, and Abby Ales. American pilsners are like water.
Originally Posted by HawkI

Billy Beer. sick

Gunner

Mine too legally, but Dad took me out on the porch at 14 years and taught me to drink beer, I was doing pretty good till he threw down a pack of marlboros and a zippo. LOL

Gunner

Aaah, the old "get 'em sick and he'll think twice" trick.

Dad bought me a can of Cope when I was six, "fer huntin'".

I chew a can a day. Quit for a year, started agin'....

Dads...
Well When I started drinking beer, when I was old enough to Rolling Rock was what I drank, Then when I when to Texas to Flight School I drank Coors, Now I don't drink much of anything, never was much of a drinker, but when I do, I like Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Alaska Amber when I am up in Alaska. But mostly I would just rather have a cup of tea. Funny thing is that my father was a Distiller. And he once owned the only Still in CT.
Pappy said, I know yer gonna do it so drink up, know how much ya can handle, then maybe you wont get out and kill someone or yerself. wink

I sure as chit dont smoke cigs. LOL

Gunner
LOL GMSemel, same here, I may drink 3/4 times a year, but will drink like a dehydrated fish again at the 24HR Boar hunt this spring.

Gunner
Me either.

Forgot Blue Poon/Fat Tire....Yuck! Dirge!
shocked Blue Poon sounds like something that would cause a Flat/Fat Tire. sick

Gunner
New Glarus (more taphandles in WI than Bud and sold more than Michelob - consider it a major)
PBR
Schlitz
Sam Adams

Bunch of "domestics" that aren't anymore and a bunch of imports as well

Had my first beer at about age 8. A Bud, IIRC. Knocked me silly. Been silly enough since then to drink a lot more, too.

Have had all those on the first list way up there, and maybe that many more again. Enjoyed most of them, wanted to forget a few but haven't been able to, unfortunately. Among the worst were the rusty pallets of hot Carling Black Label they had for us in 'Nam, and that horrible stuff called Genesee in upstate New York.

Other sad examples
Pearl
Keystone
Falstaff

None of them hold a candle for awful compared to the genuine Vietnamese "33" beer, though. It actually had formaldehyde listed in the ingredients.
I like beer. Alot. Ive tried many,many varieties, and I m not one to put down what another likes. My absolute favorite is Sam Adams Oktoberfest. For like a dessert type, Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout. Massive quantity, Molson Canadien.
The answer to the original, oh God, my Grandpa kept Kingsbury on the porch, we drank it very young. We also drank Schmidt, Goebels, Walters, Rhinelander,Buckhorn, Peoples,.... I m getting a head ache just thinkin about all that crap. There are many more
Originally Posted by whodat

No one quits this place, they just get run off for being mean....
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

None of them hold a candle for awful compared to the genuine Vietnamese "33" beer, though. It actually had formaldehyde listed in the ingredients.

Oh my it's Bom-de-bom, sick you didn't hit the ole Pink Palace out by Phan Rang I hope? shocked
Originally Posted by GF1

I like Keystone, 30 stones, $18.00. The best part about Keystone and Coors or Coors Light is 12 of them fit tight in a tall .50 cal ammo Can, where as normal shaped cans you can only get in 10
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Originally Posted by GF1

I like Keystone, 30 stones, $18.00. The best part about Keystone and Coors or Coors Light is 12 of them fit tight in a tall .50 cal ammo Can, where as normal shaped cans you can only get in 10

Makes sense, the best part of those beers certainly wouldn't be flavor. grin
I've probably had at least 95% of the beers listed on this thread plus some more. I'm mostly Norwegian and like most Norskis have never met a beer I couldn't drink--though some are preferred over others.

Back when I was 20 or so and living in South Dakota there used to be a REALLY cheap beer brewed in Minnesota called Cold Springs. You could buy a 12-pack of 11-ounce bottles for about the same price as a 6-pack of Schmidt. Didn't usually do that unless times were tough, but it beat no beer at all.

These days I'm kind of an IPA snob--unless there's no IPA.
If I must go cheap I'll take a Miller High Life, as cold as I can get it.

There are beers I'd skip, even if free. Heineken Light is one, genuinely bad beer.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA is pretty tough to beat.

Lot of flavor and it gets you where you want to go.

Steve
Torpedo is a real good one.
Yeah, I really like Torpedo too.

There's a local small-brew IPA that's real good too called Tumbleweed. As a matter of fact I'm drinking one right now.
I'm about to crack open a Full Sail IPA.
Full Sail works too....
Oops, I'm out of that one. Had to settle for a Newcastle Winter IPA. Not really an IPA to my palate, but an interesting variation on Newcastle.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Bud
Bud Light
Coors
Coors Light
Miller
Miller Light
MGD
Rainier
Rainier Light
Rainier Ale
Olympia
Red Dog
Schmidt
Schmidt Ice
Hamms
Henry Weinhard
Busch
Busch Light
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Natural
Natural Light
Natural Ice
Milwaukees Best
Milwaukees Best Light
Rolling Rock
Icehouse

I know I'm forgetting a few.
Please explain a winter IPA!

My understanding is that IPA originated because the extra hops helped keep it from spoiling in the hot weather of India during the Raj.
All I asked was about beers's from one's drinking past. Not who the [bleep] took over the brewing right's etc.

Do we still have the "Buy a Whiny Poster a New Bib" fund in play.

....I think "whodat" just spit up on himself.

GTC
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Full Sail works too....

THAT is some FINE brew,....isn't it ?

GTC
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Originally Posted by GF1

Makes sense, the best part of those beers certainly wouldn't be flavor. grin

laugh I thought most all beers tasted relatively close to the same, that is until I hoisted a pint at the Guinness factory in Dublin last spring.

That was a BEER awakening.

Gunner
Fresh Guinness on draft is something.

Believe it or not I had it for the first time in an Irish pub in Sondheim, Norway 15 years ago. It ain't far across the North Sea between Ireland and Norway, as the Vikings proved many centuries ago.

There are some other fine Irish stouts, though not as many as there used to be due to the Guinness domination. I liked Beamish a lot as well.
Somebody in Newcastle marketing must have decided IPA was the name to use since it is hopped more than their usual product. It's a very slightly zippier version of their brown ale, not even on the same hop planet with Torpedo.

I have a couple of real hop blasts I didn't feel like tangling with tonight, Bridgeport Hop Czar and Sierra Nevada Hoptimum. The hop rates on these are in the 85 and 100 IBU class respectively. For reference, Torpedo is in the mid sixties.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Is Lucky Logger still around? I used to drink a bunch of that when i was younger..Now for a cheap beer its Hamms or PBR.

I'm still testing scotch tho mathman..gotta say i was rolling pretty happy with re breast. my latest one.

[Linked Image]
It certainly is MD, I enjoyed several more pints with every meal [cept breakfast] during my stay.

Gunner
Originally Posted by rosco1
Is Lucky Logger still around? I used to drink a bunch of that when i was younger..Now for a cheap beer its Hamms or PBR.

Yeah, he's usually down in the optics forum wanting to wrassle someone in his underwear. laugh

Sorry man, just being goofy. LOL

Gunner

My understanding is that IPA originated because the extra hops helped keep it from spoiling in the hot weather of India during the Raj.

Here in Oregon the craft brewers are making IPA's out of everything. Sometimes I think having so many hop farms within 50 miles of Portland has skewed local beer development toward "hey, how many more hops can we get into this brew?" crazy

Sorta - they did do that and that's what became called IPA but extra hopped beer like that wasn't the only beer being sent to India.

Also realize that any modern IPA isn't even remotely close to what a historical IPA would taste like. Just to grab one, say Bell's Two Hearted - they're not sending it on a ship for months at a time in vastly swinging temp and humidity before it gets to you.

How we drink and taste modern IPAs - they're MUCH younger than the historical IPA - hell, we're running them thru hopbacks, or Randallizers right there on the bar for people. Just didn't happen "back then".
Posted By: ppine Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
The above, plus Old German, Old Style, Iron City, Schaefer, Columbia, Olympia, Great Basin, Wasatch, Deschutes.
Rick ain't got enough bandwidth..

laugh laugh
I have never attended one, but the title of this thread is what I would expect a topic of discussion at a Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. smile
Posted By: RufusG Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12

If you consider Sam Adams "designer beer" I'm not sure there's any hope for you.

Did anyone mention "Billy Beer"?
Wow. All these domestic brews and no one mentions beer from the oldest and largest American brewery.

Yuengling
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

In more ways than one grin

Their all right up there with "Orbit" or "Billy" Beer! The scraping of the bottom the barrel...... wink
Originally Posted by teal
Budweiser isn't domestic. Owned by In-Bev based in Belgium so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

Miller isn't domestic. Owned by SABMiller based in the United Kingdom so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

Coors isn't domestic. Owned by Molson Coors based in Canada so anything made by them isn't domestic either.

Sometimes I think the whole USA is not owned by us. mad
I think domestic could apply to the terrain in which you currently find yourself deployed.I'm surprised no one mentioned"Ba Muoi Ba", "33".BTW,anybody remember "Hop'n Gator"?
How about "Shiner",or "Abita"?
One thing I didn't see mentioned was malt liquor. It's beer ... sort of.

Old English 800
Colt 45
Mickey Big Mouths
Schlitz Malt Liquor

sick

I know I've drank others but it's been so long ago that I can't remember them.
Posted By: Hawken Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
[Linked Image]

PBR = Domestic bliss
Posted By: Hawken Re: Domestic beers you've drank - 12/11/12
Yuengling or Sam Adams make a good substitute in a pinch.
Originally Posted by RufusG

If you consider Sam Adams "designer beer" I'm not sure there's any hope for you.

Noooo kidding. I can tolerate, maybe even like their Black
Lager, and Octoberfest - but my favorite style this time of
year is dopplebock. Bought a 4 pack of SA Imperial double bock awhile back, GAAAAH! How could anyone miss a style so
badly? Tasted like some kind of really bad cough syrup.
The "Wee Heavy" was only slightly more tolerable.
© 24hourcampfire