Home
Hey gang, what programs do for writing docs in? Something like Microsoft office word. Sorry for not being very clear on this.

Thx
Dober
Posted By: eh76 Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
Mark I am not quite sure what you mean.
Posted By: T LEE Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
I use Works for windows and Open Office as word processors. If that is the question.
something like microsoft office word
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
Word perfect? That's something I haven't heard of in a while..
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
Wifey was using it for for her writing back in the DOS days.

Yes, it's the evil empire, but MS Word is what is used here today.
Posted By: eh76 Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
Word Perfect is a Corel/Novell product. Word is a Microsoft product. I get to use both at work. crazy But I prefer Microsoft Word.
thx guys

Dober
Posted By: Scott F Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
Look at Open Office.

Download is free and it is compatible with Microsoft Office. You can download it and be up and running in minutes.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
If I didn't have a copy of Microsoft Word to use, I'd do like Scott just linked to and use the word processing program found in Open Office.
Posted By: NathanL Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
Open Office, free and works.
Posted By: arkypete Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
I learned on Word Perfect, it's still out there works well, updated as needed.

Jim
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
� Used WordStar for years, starting in early 1980s. Have thousands of old WordStar files that are kitch bitties to reconstruct with any modern word-processor. (No longer have WordStar.)
� Then Wordperfect for years � still have an old version alive and go back to it now 'n' then to access old Wordperfect files that nothing else will read.
� Wrote and published the � Custom Cartridges � book with Ventura Publisher, which a computer crash destroyed.
� Used Open Office until it kept gibberishing stored documents that I hadn't finished and was still working on. Until then, I liked it better than Microsoft Word for certain features. Had to use Microsoft Word to redo a bunch of Open Office files. Scrubbed Open Office off my computer.
� Used Ami Pro for years, for one certain magazine's articles.
� Used Microsoft Works occasionally. No problem but nothing endearing.
� An older version of Microsoft Word is my go-to word-processor for everything right now. (Can't afford the current version.)
Posted By: Plinker Re: word perfect programs? - 12/18/12
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
something like microsoft office word

Check your PM's.
© 24hourcampfire