Home
Posted By: quadzilla Spineless Company Listing - 12/18/12
It looks like lots of suppliers that have used the shooting sports market to fill their wallets are all too willing to throw up the white flag in attempts to make political points

These are places I intend to avoid doing business with in the future:

1) Cheaper Than Dirt
2) Dick's Sporting Goods

Add those that you see fit to this thread if you please.
Walmart.
I heard about Dick's...what did CTD decide to do?
Originally Posted by elkcountry
I heard about Dick's...what did CTD decide to do?

CTD: No more online gun sales. $15 mags jacked up to $60.

https://www.facebook.com/cheaperthandirt

Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.
Yep, think all gun owners need to hit them where it hurts. Not spend a dime with the traitorous b turds. May they all go out of business. This list should be a sticky.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
We sure want to vote with our wallet now.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
Ruger... not surprising since they stabbed gun owners in the guts in the 80s too...[bleep]
Posted By: Oakster Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
What did Ruger do?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
Holy smokes, I just checked out Cheaper Than Dirt's facebook page, they are getting lit up like a Christmas tree right now.
Originally Posted by Oakster
What did Ruger do?

Supposedly suspending the manufacture of their AR, nobody has shown whether thats credible information or not though.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Walmart.

Ya gonna quit using or buying anything connected to Cerberus Capital Management?
Do you even have a [bleep] clue what all that includes?
Posted By: RDW Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
Heard Academy Sports and Outdoors pulled AR's off the shelf.

Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
Actually I.am on the fence about the whole Cerberus selling its firearms companies, that does mean Soros no longer owns companies like Remington, marlin and bushmaster, and Dakota.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Actually I.am on the fence about the whole Cerberus selling its firearms companies, that does mean Soros no longer owns companies like Remington, marlin and bushmaster, and Dakota.

Good Gawd!
Soros NEVER owned any of that.
Originally Posted by RDW

Was told this by a guy that went today, direct quote-

"No AR's on the shelf at Academy. The guy told me they were told to take them down. They can still sell them as of now but can not display or advertise them"
Dicks lived up to their name when they pulled primers and BP subs off the shelves in NJ a few years ago.

Shame, I like the store and frequent it.

Originally Posted by Cheesy
Holy smokes, I just checked out Cheaper Than Dirt's facebook page, they are getting lit up like a Christmas tree right now.

I'm not a friend of CTD on FB, but I'm going to find and friend them just so I can on pile my 2 cents.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by RDW

Was told this by a guy that went today, direct quote-

"No AR's on the shelf at Academy. The guy told me they were told to take them down. They can still sell them as of now but can not display or advertise them"

Ah, yes, self-delusion. That'll fix EVERYTHING.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Spineless Company Listing - 12/19/12
I heard this a.m. that Cerebus held 6% of Bushmaster and they were selling out their shares.

I also heard the NRA wants to join in on the debate so its obvious they see a change coming. I say its good they jump in from the beginning.

What Fast and Furious DIDN'T do for 2A, some pizz ant fecalhead did in Connecticut.
© 24hourcampfire