Home
Posted By: Hubert sabots - 12/25/12
Hi .I am going to load some .223 bullets in sabots for my 06 and was wondering if I could use the same sabots for my 303 and 300 savage. . any experiance with sobots and the 300 or 303 would be appericated..or other commets. eek
Posted By: achadwick Re: sabots - 12/25/12
I tried sabots to shoot .223 in my 06 but never could get them to shoot. They gave me patterns, not groups. 3 feet at 50 yards was common. Finally gave up on them and bought a Savage in .223, which shoots great. Life is good now, and prairie dogs are much less safe than they used to be. smile
Posted By: 5sdad Re: sabots - 12/25/12
Just a comment on sabots in general - one year we had been shooting rifles over the chronograph and decided to sight in slug guns for deer season. We set the chronograph off to the side of the line of fire (about 15 feet from the muzzle) and proceded to shoot saboted slugs. At one shot, the chronograph and its tripod went cartwheeling over. Investigation revealed one very bent defuser rod where the sabot had hit it after separating from the slug and flying off at an angle. The way that the plastic sabot bent the support rod was quite impressive.
© 24hourcampfire