Home
For anyone interested, Cabela's has their Worsterlon shirts on sale for $9.99. They're normally anywhere from $29.99 to $49.99. Color selection has been poor for many months (red and olive plaid), but the price is right.
Thanks for the heads up. They're great shirts. I just ordered some.
Awesome stuff, even after years of wear they still look great.
Thanks. I just ordered one of each color.

I have been wearing a Cabela's Worsterlon shirt for many years. It's held up well, but the corduroy collar is finally starting to show some wear.
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. Made it easy to decide what to buy with the gift card I got for Christmas.

Dale
Thanks, I ordered 2 shirts. Suckers look good and wear like iron.
Even talls are on sale
Thanks, I grabbed a couple.
thanks I ordered 3....this site has cost me millions!! lol
Thx for the heads up from me, too. I ordered 2. I've been wearing them for years and mine are about worn out. They're the best wool substitute I've ever found. You can get it bloody on Saturday, give it a quick wash, and wear it to take the lady out to a nice dinner on Sunday.
The last couple of reviews were low rated, stating they changed the quality of the shirt. Anybody bought one in the last 60 days?
Yes i have. The tails on the shirts are shorter, The pattern suck -- I stuck to the plain colors. Wearability yet to be tested as they are new. The old ones were great.

1B
Hopefully, for $9.99, they won't be too much of a disappointment. The one I got 2 years ago in "autumn" color is still holding up well. We'll see how the pattern ones look.
Just got the 2 I ordered Wed. night in today's mail. Cabelas and the Post Office were certainly on the ball with shipping.

These seem to be the same as the ones I got 3 years ago, same tail length etc. The red plaid seems to be exactly the same, the new olive plaid seems a bit darker than the one I have.

I'm happy,

Dale
Well, since I didn't go to the store today due to snow, spose I can go on line and check it out.
Price went up to $24.99.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Price went up to $24.99.
Sounds like someone at Cabelas screwed up. I wonder how much that cost them. I have 2 on the way at the $10 price.
I got five. Can't find any ammo to hoard, guess I'll hoard shirts!!!! Wish they had more colors....
I got two late last night at $9.99/ea.
I think they only come with one sleeve.
good buy at $9.99, grabbed myself a couple & ordered a couple extra for family members as gifts.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up!

Screw it. I'll try going there first thing on Monday...
I went there and saw the 9.9. Then went to checkout, and they were 24.95 or something. No thanks. I don't like polyester, but for 10 bucks I would a tried them. Not for 25!
Man did Cabelas screw up!!! Just got the 2 $10 shirts I ordered. They're not the thin, cheap ones. They're really good quality shirts, just like 1 I've been wearing for 10+ years. I assume they misspriced them online as it didn't take them long to change the price to $25. They did honor their advertised price, though.
just got my three yesterday...they are very nice...had $54.99 price tags on them but gave'em to me for $9.99 each
Glad you guys were happy with them. I was happy with mine (esp. at 5 for the price of 1)!!

If they had more colors, I'd be willing to pay the current $24.99 sale price for a few more.
I wear XL reg. They only had 2 colors in that size - a reddish one and a sage green one. They're both good colors. I also wish they'd had a few more versions. I wonder how many they sold at $10 before they caught the error.
The two I ordered showed up yesterday. Thanks to the OP for the tip. Nice shirts!
The two I ordered showed up yesterday, green very quality shirts for $20.00 and free shipping. Best deal i have had from Cabelas in years.
Got my (2) today; nice shirts. Wish I would have ordered several for gifts; too late now!!!
My shirts showed up today. I couldn't help but wonder where the employee that put them on the Internet for that price works now.
Awesome shirts!
What is Worsterlon?
Sold out when I just looked.
I ordered 4 XXLs and they're big! Much bigger than the other 2X stuff I've bought. I hope they shrink a little.
You're gonna be waiting a long time. They're 100% polyester and don't shrink a bit. You might try to see if you can exchange them (if they have any left).
Originally Posted by ironbender
What is Worsterlon?
It's a synthetic wool substitute. It feels and acts like wool, staying warm when wet. However, water runs through it. You can wash it without shrinkage, then either dry or hang it. It will be dry in a fraction of the time of wool. A good shirt made of it will wear and feel like wool except without the itch. It feels like a quality Pendleton for a much lower price. It also wears like wool. I have a couple that are getting very old but still keep on working.

I used to have a camo suit made of it. However, they used poor quality dyes and the colors didn't last very long. The fabric wore just fine, though. The shirts I've had have lasted far longer.
Thanks. Never heard of it before.
I don't know if 'worsterlon' is a Cabelas name or not. I've never seen it anywhere else. They carried it for many years, then apparently dropped it for a short time. Now it's back but at a considerably higher price.
Originally Posted by rob p
I ordered 4 XXLs and they're big! Much bigger than the other 2X stuff I've bought. I hope they shrink a little.

I bought one of them when they first came out with the worsterlon material. I also got the xxl and had to eventually give up on it because it was too big. You CAN'T shrink them!!
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I don't know if 'worsterlon' is a Cabelas name or not. I've never seen it anywhere else. They carried it for many years, then apparently dropped it for a short time. Now it's back but at a considerably higher price.

My wife has shirt that she bought at Gander Mountain back when they did mail order before they bankrupted. IIRC, they listed it as being "Worsterlon".

It may be a proprietary name that came over to Cabela's when they purchased the Gander mail order during Gander's bankruptcy proceedings.
Snagged a couple & tried 'em out this weekend. They're cut full, for sure. Great for layering & they seem very durable. Nice score, thanks for the heads up.
I also owe you thanks for the heads up. I bought three more to go with the uh, um, seven I have already.

Worsterlon wears like iron, no itch, dries quick if wet and looks good right out of the dryer.
I ordered 4 XXLs and they're big! Much bigger than the other 2X stuff I've bought. I hope they shrink a little

Think they're back as "in stock". Call them and try to exchange.
I often wear them over a thinner cotton collared shirt instead of a t-shirt. If the colors work, they look good that way.
Looks like the sale price jumped up to $24.99. I wonder if somebody blew it. Thanks to the OP, I nabbed three at $9.99
© 24hourcampfire