Home
Posted By: EricM To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
I bought a S&W 629-4 Mountain Gun, .44 Mag, from a member on the Fire and was informed today by my FFL that it is not on CA's "safe handguns" list. I didn't even know this thing exists. He can't transfer it to me. I'm so pi$$ed!!! This state's gun laws are soooo #$^^&!%# ridiculous!!

The law does not ban ownership, it's a restriction on the FFL and was created to prevent unsafe handguns from being distributed. Handgun manufacturers have to pay DOJ $200 every year to keep their model of gun on the list. If it falls off the roster FFLs are prohibited from transferring the gun in from out of state with limited exception. If I had moved into CA with this gun I'd be fine. If anyone from CA had sold it to me I would be good. Or if I was a LEO. Or if it was transferred to me from out of state by a family member (defined as parent or son/daughter). But because it is a 3rd party and S&W didn't pay the annual fee with DOJ to keep the gun on the list (since it was discontinued) I'm SOL.

I may be posting a for sale ad soon. $#%^!@! I've been wanting this gun for years. frown

Eric

More info on this crazy law.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/The_Safe_Handgun_List
I haven't been able to take advatage of it, yet, but am glad my dad lives in Vegas.
I feel for you. Similar problem with the 686 I got for my folks a few years ago. But because I'm family, it can somehow slip through.

I'm trying to get them to finally leave that ridiculous state
How you gonna sell it if you ain't got it?
I hate that rule too, but are you sure about the 629? I see them for sale in my gun shop all the time.
Posted By: EricM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
I'm researching whether I can ship it to my brother in MN, register it with him, and then have him loan it back to me. Or I could have my brother hold it for 15 years, transfer to my son, and then have him gift it to me. lol. This state blows.

Eric

Originally Posted by pira114
I hate that rule too, but are you sure about the 629? I see them for sale in my gun shop all the time.

If you look at the top DOJ link I included, the 629 series starts with the 629-6. The -2 to -5s are not on the roster.

There's got to be some way to make this happen..

Eric
Law has been on the book for quite a few years, Jan, 2002 or 1003 I think... Never buy a handgun without checking the list first, and don't take it for granted if it was legal last month that it is legal this month!

Best bet, buy it from a California dealer, it they're selling it then it's leagal... and cheaper in the long run. Even if your buying a used gun/rifle the FFL Dealer is required now to collect a sales/use tax on it... not to mention that the transfer is more expensive for a used out of state gun!

So even if it was a legal gun one that was on the list, by the time you paid shipping, use tax, and transfer, well!

Phil
I knew there was a banned list (certain "assault" rifles, etc.) but had no idea there was a list for handguns like this. I mean, come on, it's a freakin' revolver! Give me a break.

Eric
Originally Posted by curdog4570
How you gonna sell it if you ain't got it?

It's here in San Diego with my FFL. He says it's no issue to sell it to someone else (out of CA) or return it to the original seller. It's just an issue with keeping it in CA (I don't meet one of the exceptions). I loathe selling this gun but my options seem to be limited.

Eric
Your states politicians are trying to o this and more all over the US. I'm glad you spoke up.
Legally you can't sell the gun, It's not yours to sell! Your FFL can return it to the seller and thats all the options you have. Your FFL can't sell it for you because it was imported into the state illeagly...

Phil
And you'd rat him out...... right?
Question, how the hell did it get shipped to this state in the first place?

It is the sellers FFL's responsibility to get a shipping number from your FFL so that the firearm can be shipped. A hand gun has to go FFL to FFL here...

Phil
[bleep] you!
Now you know why people won't deal with buyers in Kalifornia!
Phil,
Respectfully, I disagree. My FFL told me otherwise and I tend to believe him. It hasn't been "transferred" into the state (only shipped to CA). The DROS effectuates the transfer. It's free to ship to wherever it may be appropriately transferred to a buyer, or whomever I'd like to give it to. So, I could pay for the gun and have it shipped to my brother in MN for instance. And he could register it in his name there. Or likewise, I could sell to anyone outside of CA, or to a LEO in CA.

Eric
Rifles and Handguns are two different stories...

Don't blame anyone for not wanting to sell a handgun to someone here in California...

Rifles can go from private seller to an instate FFL with a copy of sellers Drivers License and a bill of sale.

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Rifles and Handguns are two different stories...

Don't blame anyone for not wanting to sell a handgun to someone here in California...

Rifles can go from private seller to an instate FFL with a copy of sellers Drivers License and a bill of sale.

Phil

Wouldn't touch a Kali buyer with your junk

Feel for you. I often feel that we all are safer when our legislatures are on break; it seems axiomatic that when you are elected to office--state or federal--these guys have to pass stuff with little back ground knowledge. We have a proliferation of laws, rules, regulations, limits, and stipulations with 95 % of their proponents knowing not a jot or tittle what the ramifications are, or whether the original goal was realized.

Thanks, I feel better now grin
Your FFL doesn't know his ....

Never mind,

Phil
The US military in CA can carry original Model 1911A1's, yet CA deems them unsafe. So CA knows more than our military. Yeah, right!
I was born in Inglewood, CA. I have lived in So Cal my entire life. But for the weather, I'd be outta here.
Was saying the same thing this afternoon having to put up with people driving in a light rain, and acting like it was some kind of thunder storm with no visibility!

Phil
The FFL can have the gun in CA - they can sell it within the state as a LEO only gun - I have gotten a couple sweet deals as a LEO, even though the whole thing disgusts me.

I suggest civil disobedience, but cant give you any details, lets just say if it was a single shot, or single action only you could buy it. look around, there are FFL's in CA who have the SA only S&W parts in their shops and will buy them back from you in a New York minute.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Feel for you. I often feel that we all are safer when our legislatures are on break; it seems axiomatic that when you are elected to office--state or federal--these guys have to pass stuff with little back ground knowledge. We have a proliferation of laws, rules, regulations, limits, and stipulations with 95 % of their proponents knowing not a jot or tittle what the ramifications are, or whether the original goal was realized.

I'm sure it was passed as some sort of "gun safety" law. What a crock. I'd bet very few of the legislators actually read the bill, or knew anything about guns.

Eric
A LEO purchasing the gun has nothing to do with it! Purchaser can't leagly own the gun in California therefore can't leagly sell it to any one... FFL that has the gun can't leagly sell the gun because also it isn't his to sell... Fact it should already be on the FFL's books as having to be returned to seller. That seller can sell it to who ever he/she wants, as long as it is outside of California or to a LEO... but theres already been a few law officers in Los Angeles being brought up on charges of illeagly importing for sale.

Phil
I'm getting out of California while I can. Luckily the Air Force will provide that opportunity. Plus I have a girlfriend who wants to live in the same area I do later on in life. wink
As mentioned it has been in effect for some time. When it was originally written it required new models or even variations of the model to be submitted for a destructive drop test. IIRC it there had to be several (I think 5 of each) submitted for the destructive testing and something as simple as a change in barrel length would require more testing. At the time some of the smaller custom shops like Wilson Combat and Freedom Arms said there was no way they would ever sell in california, they could not financially justify the loss of product to comply with testing. I know some caved and over one model for sale in California.
Posted By: eh76 Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
Originally Posted by EricM
Originally Posted by pira114

If you look at the top DOJ link I included, the 629 series starts with the 629-6. The -2 to -5s are not on the roster.

There's got to be some way to make this happen..

Eric

Sorry to hear it all due to a dash model ....nucking futs

Law has been on the book for quite a few years, Jan, 2002 or 1003 I think... Never buy a handgun without checking the list first, and don't take it for granted if it was legal last month that it is legal this month!

Best bet, buy it from a California dealer, it they're selling it then it's leagal... and cheaper in the long run. Even if your buying a used gun/rifle the FFL Dealer is required now to collect a sales/use tax on it... not to mention that the transfer is more expensive for a used out of state gun!

So even if it was a legal gun one that was on the list, by the time you paid shipping, use tax, and transfer, well!

Phil

Go lick your masters balls some more......
Immediately move out of that communist chithole and have the FFL send it to one in your new home state, take possession there.

Problem solved.
A LEO purchasing the gun has nothing to do with it! Purchaser can't leagly own the gun in California therefore can't leagly sell it to any one... FFL that has the gun can't leagly sell the gun because also it isn't his to sell... Fact it should already be on the FFL's books as having to be returned to seller. That seller can sell it to who ever he/she wants, as long as it is outside of California or to a LEO... but theres already been a few law officers in Los Angeles being brought up on charges of illeagly importing for sale.

Phil

Some of this is partly true some totally true, but it misses the point that there are ways out of this predicament for the buyer - I amnot saying it wont take some paperwork and maybe some shipping charges, BUT - a knowledgeable FFL could clean this mess up - so STOP MAKING IT WORSE BY BEING A NAYSAYER.

Those cops were walking close to the edge - most people wont get into trouble because they are not trying to use their LEO status for profit.

This can be cleared up without using the LEO exception. You missed my point.
Posted By: RAS Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
California sucks and I knew that 10 years ago when I lived there. It will never go back to what it used to be. Too many winners leaving the state and more and more losers moving in.
If it can be done, head over to the CalGuns website and ask there, if there is a way to do it they will know how. You might be able to do it if it is bought within CA, check with CalGuns.

I have seen mountain guns for sale in CA, so maybe it is bringing an out of state guns in...not sure.

Phil

That is not accurate, guns not on the approved list are not illegal to own, I believe this is a list listing what gunshops can and cannot sell. When the Ruger LCP came out it was not on the list, but a gunshop ordered it with a 6" barrel to make it legal. Once they sold it to me, I brought it back and asked them to make it a 2", which they did as a repair. A year later I sold the gun to another private party using an FFL. Like I said, that list is for dealers selling guns, I don't think it applies to private sales within the state. I am pretty sure if you want a 629-4 you can find and own one, not sure about one from out of state.
I knew there was a banned list (certain "assault" rifles, etc.) but had no idea there was a list for handguns like this. I mean, come on, it's a freakin' revolver! Give me a break.

Eric

Well it's about the drop test, not lethal effectiveness.
I almost feel good about living in NY crazy

Not really, we are just as screwed up.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Phil

That is not accurate, guns not on the approved list are not illegal to own, I believe this is a list listing what gunshops can and cannot sell. When the Ruger LCP came out it was not on the list, but a gunshop ordered it with a 6" barrel to make it legal. Once they sold it to me, I brought it back and asked them to make it a 2", which they did as a repair. A year later I sold the gun to another private party using an FFL. Like I said, that list is for dealers selling guns, I don't think it applies to private sales within the state. I am pretty sure if you want a 629-4 you can find and own one, not sure about one from out of state.

Just finished the thread, I didn't realize you were talking about THAT particular revolver...sorry
Did I ever tell you guys I'm glad I live in Utah!
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Did I ever tell you guys I'm glad I live in Utah!

Shaddup and go shovel your driveway. smile
Thanks for sharing my pain, guys. lol. The shovel your driveway comment gave me a good laugh.

I spoke with my FFL again tonight and there is absolutely no issue selling it to a LEO in CA, or to anyone outside of CA. I posted an ad in the classifieds but pulled it after 2 minutes. I really hate to sell this gun.

Exploring solutions...

Eric
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Your states politicians are trying to o this and more all over the US. I'm glad you spoke up.

Really, just our politicians?
By not returning the gun, both of you, you and your FFL are committing a felony. Is it worth it?

Phil
Posted By: eh76 Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
By not returning the gun, both of you, you and your FFL are committing a felony. Is it worth it?

Phil

apparently you missed my response to you above............
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Immediately move out of that communist chithole and have the FFL send it one in your new home state, take possession there.

Problem solved.

+1 No way I would live there,even if you gave me half the state.
What ever your all's opinion, the law has been on the books for years, and it is written in plain english... you can ignore it, you can get around it, and 99% of those people won't get caught... but its like telling people to ship ammunition in USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes... most will get by, but there are those few that will get caught!

Throw the dice if you want!

Phil
Phil,

Whatever I decide to do, it will be within the 4 corners of the law.

Thanks,

Eric
I'm researching whether I can ship it to my brother in MN, register it with him, and then have him loan it back to me. Or I could have my brother hold it for 15 years, transfer to my son, and then have him gift it to me. lol. This state blows.

Eric

The dealer who has the pistol now can ship to a dealer where you brother lives and he can sign for it and it will be legal as long as he doesn't take it to the Communist State of California and give it to you. If he signs for it then it belongs to him legally . If he is buying and signing for the pistol to give to you then he is considered a Straw Purchaser and would be lying on the 4473 form which is breaking Federal Law unless he works for Obama's Fast & Furious Gun-walking project, and then the Law doesn't apply to him .
I can't believe that some people still think California is a good place to live.
Originally Posted by elkchsr
I can't believe that some people still think California is a good place to live.

Believe it, strip away the politics it is hard to beat CA. If you aren't one who can't separate his life from politics, it ain't for you. When you get right down to it, if one didn't follow politics or come to sites such as this one, you could live in CA and be damn happy. I really can't think of anything I would want to do, that I can't do. I have all the guns I want, I participate in all the hobbies I want. Our taxes are high, likewise out salaries are higher.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not defending a thing Sacramento does, I'm just saying nothing yet is enough to drive me away from family, friends or the climate.
I bought a S&W 629-4 Mountain Gun, .44 Mag, from a member on the Fire and was informed today by my FFL that it is not on CA's "safe handguns" list. I didn't even know this thing exists. He can't transfer it to me. I'm so pi$$ed!!! This state's gun laws are soooo #$^^&!%# ridiculous!!

The law does not ban ownership, it's a restriction on the FFL and was created to prevent unsafe handguns from being distributed. Handgun manufacturers have to pay DOJ $200 every year to keep their model of gun on the list. If it falls off the roster FFLs are prohibited from transferring the gun in from out of state with limited exception. If I had moved into CA with this gun I'd be fine. If anyone from CA had sold it to me I would be good. Or if I was a LEO. Or if it was transferred to me from out of state by a family member (defined as parent or son/daughter). But because it is a 3rd party and S&W didn't pay the annual fee with DOJ to keep the gun on the list (since it was discontinued) I'm SOL.

I may be posting a for sale ad soon. $#%^!@! I've been wanting this gun for years. frown

Eric

Its a good thing that you do not have firearms licencing in the land of the free....well, pucker up sport and welcome to our world.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Eric

Its a good thing that you do not have firearms licencing in the land of the free....well, pucker up sport and welcome to our world.

California is not the land of the free and should not even be considered part of the U.S. Save for a few good people, wouldn't hurt my feelings if it washed into the ocean, starting in Laguna Beach!
Posted By: Mink Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I'm getting out of California while I can. Luckily the Air Force will provide that along with a girlfriend who wants to live in the same area I do later on in life. wink

The AF is handing out GF's. bet they meet quota. wink
Good one Mink.
Originally Posted by Mink
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I'm getting out of California while I can. Luckily the Air Force will provide that along with a girlfriend who wants to live in the same area I do later on in life. wink

The AF is handing out GF's. bet they meet quota. wink

Don't feel bad Winnie, I didn't catch it either. smile
I had to change it because of the smartasses on the fire.. I've been gone to far to catch myself before posting. grin
If your all so damn happy in Kali, then why are so many of you moving north to Oregon..
Originally Posted by nash22
If your all so damn happy in Kali, then why are so many of you moving north to Oregon..

I don't know, why are so many moving here?
Simple, don't sell anyone from California anything firearm related, the state with the most votes must be politically correct. If a person wants to move to a state that has some sense let them do so
Originally Posted by blanket
Simple, don't sell anyone from California anything firearm related, the state with the most votes must be politically correct. If a person wants to move to a state that has some sense let them do so

Well that's just like saying if you don't want wages to go down, then stop the flow of Mexicans coming into the country. When it comes to making a statement or making a buck, you know which usually wins out.
I had the mifortune of being stationed in Kommiefornia in the early 80s and swore once I left that I'd never go back there for any reason. It's been 30 years and I haven't crossed the border or entered their airspace.

[bleep] Kommiefornia.
Posted By: EdM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
Born, raised and educated in California and left in 1995. Wonderful life 'til about 1990. Best decision of my life. Most that like it have never lived anywhere else. I am always asked when I am "coming back" or "see ya when you retire"... NOT.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I had the mifortune of being stationed in Kommiefornia in the early 80s and swore once I left that I'd never go back there for any reason. It's been 30 years and I haven't crossed the border or entered their airspace.

[bleep] Kommiefornia.

Well there's one we need not worry about.
From what I see, people move here to get away from it all. Then after they have been here awhile they try to start changing thing back to what they left behind.
Well Commiefornia has the wetbacks and no jobs so the point is what
The point is you don't get how silly you sound to a Californian bitching to us about too many liberals moving to your state. I mean Christ man, feel our pain.
I know, we have plenty of our own without having more move in.
As our old governor Tom McCall use to say, "Come spend your money, but don't stay".
Happy Birthday, EdM!

This experience makes me want to donate even more to the NRA. Some of these gun laws seem so foreign until they affect you personally!

I like CA, but hate its gun laws.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and support!

Eric
Happy Birthday, EdM!

This experience makes me want to donate even more to the NRA. Some of these gun laws seem so foreign until they affect you personally!

I like CA, but hate its gun laws.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and support!

Eric

I'm hoping for a crash & burn in 2013, just like the Presidential election, I think that's what it will take to restore sanity in Sacramento
Posted By: 700LH Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
White Flight

California�s white population has declined since 2000 at an unprecedented rate, hastening the day when Hispanics will be the state�s largest population group, according to newly released state figures.

There were half a million fewer whites in California in 2008 than in 2000, a period when the state�s overall population grew by 4 million to 38.1 million, according to a study released Thursday by the state Department of Finance.

By 2008, whites made up 40 percent of Californians, down from 47 percent at the turn of the century. In 2000, Hispanics comprised 32 percent of the population; that number grew to 37 percent in 2008.

Of course blind union rino's are staying.
If you want to be really irate, read on.

Not only is the law an insult, it's based on incredibly bad statistics. Each model is tested by loading and dropping to a concrete floor from, IIRC, 1 meter. It has to survive 6 drops without accidentally firing. (Gather round boys and girls. We're all going to watch while Jimmy performs the safety test...)

A firearm that accidentally fires 40% of the time has about a 5% chance of passing the test. So the test offers no real safety protection. It's just more feel-good do-nothing legislation.

We use that as a teaching example of bad statistics in our Six Sigma material.
Why doesn't that surprise me?!
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Pretty soon, you'll be able to add the other 49 states to the list....We tried to tell you stupid azzholes, but nobody wanted to listen...half the adds on gunbroker won't deal with Ca...A lot of it has to do with the liberal politicians we have here, but an equal amount is laid at the feet of your state reps...

With your help, they could have put pressure on our state politicians to do the right thing...but did they??? Nope...You azzholes did nothing except ridicule us instead of covering our backs... mad

United we stand...divided we fall. Is that too hard to [bleep] understand??? When you corksuckers start whining about the impending federal legislation that mirrors Ca. law....remember how you responded to it prior to it being applied to you...mad
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Pretty soon, you'll be able to add the other 49 states to the list....We tried to tell you stupid azzholes, but nobody wanted to listen...half the adds on gunbroker won't deal with Ca...A lot of it has to do with the liberal politicians we have here, but an equal amount is laid at the feet of your state reps...

With your help, they could have put pressure on our state politicians to do the right thing...but did they??? Nope...You azzholes did nothing except ridicule us instead of covering our backs... mad

United we stand...divided we fall. Is that too hard to [bleep] understand??? When you corksuckers start whining about the impending federal legislation that mirrors Ca. law....remember how you responded to it prior to it being applied to you...mad

I never understood the concept of other states punishing CA gun owners as if the majority of gun owners support the liberals running this state? They couldn't get their heads around that by doing so they were giving the liberals exactly what they wanted. It never occurred to them that by going an extra mile they could have kept being a pain in the ass to the liberals who run CA, but instead they thought they would show the liberals by refusing to deal with conservative gun owners.

One of the few that got it right was the owner of Buffalo Bore. One time I called up to stock up when CA was trying to push through the mail order ammo ban. He told me not to worry about it, he'd keep shipping to CA either way. When I asked him how he would do that without violating the law, he simply replied "It sounds to me like those idiot you have in Sacramento plan on passing yet another law they have no way of enforcing, I could care less about their mail order ammo ban. I suppose he too could have punished us, but he chose to have our backs, I've been buying BB ever since.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Sorry, can't blame me (or my State reps) for Kalifornia being the turd it is.

I never understood the concept of other states punishing CA gun owners as if the majority of gun owners support the liberals running this state? They couldn't get their heads around that by doing so they were giving the liberals exactly what they wanted. It never occurred to them that by going an extra mile they could have kept being a pain in the ass to the liberals who run CA, but instead they thought they would show the liberals by refusing to deal with conservative gun owners.

One of the few that got it right was the owner of Buffalo Bore. One time I called up to stock up when CA was trying to push through the mail order ammo ban. He told me not to worry about it, he'd keep shipping to CA either way. When I asked him how he would do that without violating the law, he simply replied "It sounds to me like those idiot you have in Sacramento plan on passing yet another law they have no way of enforcing, I could care less about their mail order ammo ban. I suppose he too could have punished us, but he chose to have our backs, I've been buying BB ever since.

Nailed it, I agree completely.

Believe it, strip away the politics it is hard to beat CA. If you aren't one who can't separate his life from politics, it ain't for you. When you get right down to it, if one didn't follow politics or come to sites such as this one, you could live in CA and be damn happy. I really can't think of anything I would want to do, that I can't do. I have all the guns I want, I participate in all the hobbies I want. Our taxes are high, likewise out salaries are higher.

You are better at expressing your thoughts on a keyboard than I am Barky and are right on target.
Even with it's f*cked up politics California is better than a lot of places I've been back east.
It ain't Montana, Wyoming or Colorado but the northern half has a whole lot to offer an avid sportsman, even today.

Don't buy it?

90% of this album is California.

http://salmonella.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Hunting/16530223_FVSTX#1244512056_6dgXi

I've never called it the best, not by a long shot, but it sure beats other places I've been.

wink

a few years ago i owned a few shares in a publically traded amusement park located in the midwest. They also owned knotts berry farm. I got maybe at best 1.50 in dividends attributable to knotts berry farm as part of the total dividend. I live in arizona. I get this letter from sacramento dept of revenue or something like that, stating they wanted me to provide a copy to them of my federal tax return, and i was required to file and pay california state income tax because of that 1.50. They threatened me with all kinds of dire consequences if i did not comply. I basically wrote them and told them to pound sand, and please, please, extradite me, bring it on. I felt i could be on national t.v. for that 1.50. This went on for about six months back and forth until they finally gave up.
Now california in my youth was a really great place, my uncle owned about half of downtown burbank, and i can remember really great times at the beaches there. Today, i would pee in the colorado river hoping some of it ended up in the central valley.
Originally Posted by Salmonella

90% of this album is California.

http://salmonella.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Hunting/16530223_FVSTX#1244512056_6dgXi

I've never called it the best, not by a long shot, but it sure beats other places I've been.

wink

Nice album, Salmonella!
Just this year, 2013 not to mention a hundred or more this year, and thousands already on the books.
Control control control

New Ca. laws 2013
http://www.californiality.com/2010/12/new-california-laws-2011.html

Idaho gun Law

http://www.mycal.net/Group42/weapons/laws/id.htm

Calif Gun law

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/Cfl2007.pdf

Sal, I am sorry you have to live under this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LIST OF NEW CALIFORNIA LAWS

AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.

AB 1559 - Firearms. Provides that, beginning January 1, 2014, the Department of Justice will only charge one fee for a single transaction on the same date and time for taking title or possession of any number of firearms. The new law also clarifies the process for issuance of permits for short-barreled rifles used in the motion picture industry.

FEE????

SB 1315 - Imitation firearms, regulation, County of Los Angeles. Authorizes Los Angeles County to enact and enforce an ordinance that is stricter than state law regarding the manufacture, sale, possession or use of any BB device, toy gun, replica of a firearm or other device that is so substantially similar in coloration and overall appearance to an existing firearm as to lead a reasonable person to perceive that the device is a firearm and that expels a projectile that is no more than 16 millimeters in diameter.

SB 1221 - Mammals, use of dogs to pursue bears and bobcats.

Were you under the impression we did't know about these laws? Look I can see how somebody who let the liberal push him from his home might be upset with those who refused to be pushed. You make it your life's ambition to prove you made the right call. Well perhaps for you it was the rigjt call, for me family, the ocean and long time friends are still more important than anything the liberal has thrown at me. I'm glad you are happier in Idaho, but for the time being I'm happier here than if I were to make a simular move..sorry if that pisses you off.
Nope, your right where you belong
Were you under the impression we did't know about these laws? Look I can see how somebody who let the liberal push him from his home might be upset with those who refused to be pushed. You make it your life's ambition to prove you made the right call. Well perhaps for you it was the rigjt call, for me family, the ocean and long time friends are still more important than anything the liberal has thrown at me. I'm glad you are happier in Idaho, but for the time being I'm happier here than if I were to make a simular move..sorry if that pisses you off.

I don't think it pisses anyone off, but then you get idiots from California like Middlefork Miner blaming everyone else when the "citizen's" of his own State can't change matters. Don't [bleep] like it, change it or leave! But don't blame me or anyone else for having to put up with communist bullshitt if you can't change it and choose to stay!
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
a few years ago i owned a few shares in a publically traded amusement park located in the midwest. They also owned knotts berry farm. I got maybe at best 1.50 in dividends attributable to knotts berry farm as part of the total dividend. I live in arizona. I get this letter from sacramento dept of revenue or something like that, stating they wanted me to provide a copy to them of my federal tax return, and i was required to file and pay california state income tax because of that 1.50. They threatened me with all kinds of dire consequences if i did not comply. I basically wrote them and told them to pound sand, and please, please, extradite me, bring it on. I felt i could be on national t.v. for that 1.50. This went on for about six months back and forth until they finally gave up.
Now california in my youth was a really great place, my uncle owned about half of downtown burbank, and i can remember really great times at the beaches there. Today, i would pee in the colorado river hoping some of it ended up in the central valley.

You need to refresh your geography data base. You could not piss in the Colorado and have it end up in the Central valley. Ever. Central Valley gets it's water from the Sac River Delta and NorCal. Nice try at ugliness though.

I don't think it pisses anyone off, but then you get idiots from California like Middlefork Miner blaming everyone else when the "citizen's" of his own State can't change matters. Don't [bleep] like it, change it or leave! But don't blame me or anyone else for having to put up with communist bullshitt if you can't change it and choose to stay!

If we don't like it change it? OK coach, give us a game plan.

You still aren't getting it, you still think of liberalism as a CA problem, but look at how many states just went for Obama. Is Obama a CA problem? Illegal immigration used to be a border states problem, now look. You think CA influenced illegals to move inland? We are losing this battle because too many conservatives are complacent, they think because they moved away from the liberal, he is going to go away, be out of their lives, their personal troubles with the liberal are over. Well guess what?

The point is, why get pissed and insult fellow conservatives who refuse to be chased out? What is with this [bleep] you, you are on your own mentality? To a certain extent he is right, some feel as if liberalism is no longer their problem, just ours. Why on earth would any conservative advocate to another to give up and run away?
You've already stated you like it there, so you get exactly what you deserve. Can't change it, don't like it, leave; there's the game plan. Or you can stay in a [bleep] situation and play the victim card.
Calif certainly has an unfriendly political climate...in all areas, not just firearms. As 700LH said, "control, control, control". The way of the Liberal. But then, the entire planet seems to be headed that way.

I left Calif in 1991 for the supposed greener pastures of CO. Unfortunately, this state is also careening over the Liberal cliff at a fairly rapid rate. Our POS governor has declared that more gun control is on its way in 2013 and of course Boulder is legendary for being led and populated by Liberal azz wipes.

California has some great outdoor opportunities, but the oppressive size of the population makes for a crowded experience. But then, while elk hunting here in CO in 2011, I experienced the heaviest volume of hunters per sq mile I've personally ever seen...even in Calif (but then the last time I hunted PUBLIC land in Calif was 1979 so it may be worse now).

Oh and please don't pee in the Colorado River. smile
I love hearing liberals whine about the bureaucracy they helped create grin
You've already stated you like it there, so you get exactly what you deserve. Can't change it, don't like it, leave; there's the game plan. Or you can stay in a [bleep] situation and play the victim card.

I like living next to the ocean, my family and my friends, I don't like the politics of the liberal, but I refuse to let them chase me out. If that draws your ire or pisses you off, OK so be it. Now explain to me how I played the [bleep] victim card, by staying and refusing to be pushed out, that is a victim card? Or is asking about your mentality towards conservative Californians, that is a victim card? For some I guess the only conservative solution is to run away from the liberal and then turn on those who refuse to run.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I love hearing liberals whine about the bureaucracy they helped create grin

I'm not sure to who you refer?

How does one who votes against every liberal, every liberal policy help create liberalism?

Or do you refer to those who fled and left us at even a greater disadvantage?

There's that victim card again, typical.
OK, you guys win, I'll bail out, I'll start looking, whose state should this Californian move to?

Victim card or fact? Are their any facts that don't qualify as a victim card? Those who ran from the state because liberals chased them out, are they victims? "Victim" is all in the way you want to play it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread...966/Re_KALIFORNIA_BANS_50_BMG#Post404966 grin

Victim card or fact? Are their any facts that don't qualify as a victim card? Those who ran from the state because liberals chased them out, are they victims? "Victim" is all in the way you want to play it.

Barkoff,

Those who don't live in our state have no idea how bad it is. What they ought to consider is when what has happened to the Golden State will happen in their states.

You had to dig back eight years ago? I have already covered how my opinions have evolved on this site, but it does go to show you how far some will go to dig dirt up on somebody. Wow, that is impressive. Once again, you have chose to attack the like minded for where he lives. You go ahead and live in the security of knowing that liberalism is a CA problem....enjoy the next four years.
Those who don't live in our state have no idea how bad it is.

This guy knew grin

http://cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt
Those who don't live in our state have no idea how bad it is.

This guy knew grin

http://cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt

I'm done with it, you guys are hopeless. Not are you only complacent, you can't even identify your enemy. Carry on, Charlton Heston is on the way.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not defending a thing Sacramento does, I'm just saying nothing yet is enough to drive me away from family, friends or the climate.

I lived in San Diego for 45+ years. The smartest thing i ever did was move. Once you've been away, you really realize how messed up it's become. The only thing i miss is the beach 20 minutes away. The first time i went to a gun store, bought a handgun, and walked out the door with it, i had a smile on my face all day.
Posted By: RAS Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/30/12
Lived in CA for 3 years total. The state is truly beautiful and has some super hunting and fishing. I traveled from out of state to go there for those purposes. But that is where it ends. There are a lot of other beautiful places to live in the US w/o the BS that goes with being in CA. Again, with Gov Brown and his super majority in both houses now,..does anybody with a sane mind believe that CA is going to turn it around? Its not. The place sucks. What is actually making it suck is endorsed and wanted more and more by the 'majority' of the people who vote there. Its a damn shame.
Originally Posted by Ngrumba

I lived in San Diego for 45+ years. The smartest thing i ever did was move. Once you've been away, you really realize how messed up it's become. The only thing i miss is the beach 20 minutes away. The first time i went to a gun store, bought a handgun, and walked out the door with it, i had a smile on my face all day.

I understand that completely, but my friends and family mean more to me than just about anything else. I want to have a hand in my grandson's life growing up, Shooting, fishing, ballgames, should I allow liberals to deny me this becasue they piss me off? To each their own, I'm sure I have a threshold, but as of yet nothing political means as much to me as family and friends do. Ya, waiting ten days sucks, but should I deny myself access to my family and friends over the liberal doctrine? People are jumping ship out of CA, OK now the only hope for the state as I see it, is to watch it crash and burn and hope that opens a few eyes. My house is paid for, I'll survive.
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

You need to refresh your geography data base. You could not piss in the Colorado and have it end up in the Central valley. Ever. Central Valley gets it's water from the Sac River Delta and NorCal. Nice try at ugliness though.

sorry for that, central valley to me when i think about it is el centro, and down that way.
as to the ugliness part, You have some other state ask YOU to provide your federal tax return and try to get YOU to file that state income tax return over about a buck fifty. Looney tunes.
And sorry, but I always try to take a leak before i head east accross the colorado, makes me giggle. Now having said that, I have friends here that escaped colorado, and didn't bring california majority ideas with them. I also have to thank calif. for all those nice rifles that when banned ended up over here.

Let me ask you something personal if I may, did you have kids in CA, grand kids, close friends? It was worth it to you to leave all that behind over politics, or were there other reasons such as a pension going further in another state?
�It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.� - Old Concrete Finisher Saying grin
�It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.� - Old Concrete Finisher Saying grin

I don't know, I spent 25 years with concrete finishers and never heard it.

P.S, a lion would be run out of his territory. wink
No offense, but San Diego would drive me nuts too....

If you live in the northern half of the state and aren't having a wonderful life in the outdoors hunting & fishing it ain't California's fault.
Some simply can't get their ass off the couch, but by God things would be different if they lived in Montana.

Right....

Do handguns not on the list have to be transferred by family or can they be done face-to-face with a non-family member?
Originally Posted by remfak
Do handguns not on the list have to be transferred by family or can they be done face-to-face with a non-family member?

CA to CA. It can be shipped within the state to an ffl.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I'm sure it was passed as some sort of "gun safety" law. What a crock. I'd bet very few of the legislators actually read the bill, or knew anything about guns.

Eric

Yea, that's my point. Instead of adding to the proliferation, they'd do well to be taking laws OFF the books.
I live in CA. Bash away.

You don't have to sell that S&W. You can keep it but you'll have to use a more creative approach to CA gun law and you will have to spend a few dollars more to do it. If you can handle that, read on.

There is a single shot exemption to non-roster handguns. Your gun will have to be shipped to an FFL who is familiar with the SSE (single shot exemption) rules. The gun will have to have (I'm dredging this from memory and I'm no gunsmith) the grip removed and the cylinder advance lever removed. Then it will be single shot. DROS it. It will pass. Then there's no law against replacing the cylinder mechanism. Done deal. Thousands of non-roster guns are regularly passing muster this way.

Don't believe me. Seriously, don't believe me. I know nothing. Use the Calguns.com site and search "SSE exemption." You'll find a complete list of rules, dis-assembly instructions for S&W, and a long list of FFL holders who will cooperate. If you really have to have the gun, figure +$200 at most. Calguns is the best single source of info on the maze of CA gun law. So don't believe me and always check Calguns.

Apologies if this is a repeat on the SSE info. I'm new. I skimmed all 5 pages but didn't read every word.
Originally Posted by remfak

CA to CA. It can be shipped within the state to an ffl.

Both a CO FFL and a CA FFL have said that if my buddy comes here to CO he can legally buy a handgun not on their list from me and legally possess it in CA. Are they both wrong??
Originally Posted by Gary_in_CA
I live in CA. Bash away.

You don't have to sell that S&W. You can keep it but you'll have to use a more creative approach to CA gun law and you will have to spend a few dollars more to do it. If you can handle that, read on.

There is a single shot exemption to non-roster handguns. Your gun will have to be shipped to an FFL who is familiar with the SSE (single shot exemption) rules. The gun will have to have (I'm dredging this from memory and I'm no gunsmith) the grip removed and the cylinder advance lever removed. Then it will be single shot. DROS it. It will pass. Then there's no law against replacing the cylinder mechanism. Done deal. Thousands of non-roster guns are regularly passing muster this way.

Don't believe me. Seriously, don't believe me. I know nothing. Use the Calguns.com site and search "SSE exemption." You'll find a complete list of rules, dis-assembly instructions for S&W, and a long list of FFL holders who will cooperate. If you really have to have the gun, figure +$200 at most. Calguns is the best single source of info on the maze of CA gun law. So don't believe me and always check Calguns.

Apologies if this is a repeat on the SSE info. I'm new. I skimmed all 5 pages but didn't read every word.

Probably better you didn't, you'll find emotion high around here when it comes to CA. Welcome to the site.
I'll stick my neck way out there and say that there are very few ways to get around the odd CA gun laws. Buying out of state doesn't work. There's a LE exemption and they can resell it, but that one is going to be rewritten shortly.

Really, calguns.com is an authoritative source that contains more solid info and creative thinking on CA gun laws. I'm positive that I've read several threads on SSE and that included a few on importing off-roster S&Ws.

Once a gun is in the state, an LE transfer, SSE exemption, or an old gun that was never on the roster in the first place, it can be transferred private party to private party. It can't be taken in at an FFL for resale though. An FFL has to sell it to a buyer in another state. Consignment sales have to go to another state. See what I mean about odd?

I hunt on the borders of the spotlight/no spotlight zones, the lead/no lead zones, and the shotgun only/rifle zones. You really have to know the lines and the rules.

Hi back. I need a few friends. Tough crowd.
Barkof
CA and NY are exactly what is wrong with this country. Ridiculous taxes, ridiculous laws, and ridiculous overbearing liberal elected officals. I think it pisses people off that the rest of the country is starting to head that way. I understand you are essentially stuck in CA because of your roots there, but it doesn't make the state and their liberal bullschit any more appealing to anyone here.

I am essentially in the same boat. I do live a stones throw from the PA border and will be jumping there when I leave my job, but they seem to be heading in the same direction as NY. At least the taxes will be considerably less. This whole country seems to be in trouble.
I'll stick my neck way out there and say that there are very few ways to get around the odd CA gun laws. Buying out of state doesn't work. There's a LE exemption and they can resell it, but that one is going to be rewritten shortly.

Really, calguns.com is an authoritative source that contains more solid info and creative thinking on CA gun laws. I'm positive that I've read several threads on SSE and that included a few on importing off-roster S&Ws.

Hi back. I need a few friends. Tough crowd.

I think following the process you stated above will be his best option. Bring it in to FFL who will do the work, convert to single shot, DROS it, convert it, done.
Originally Posted by jdunham
Barkof
CA and NY are exactly what is wrong with this country. Ridiculous taxes, ridiculous laws, and ridiculous overbearing liberal elected officals. I think it pisses people off that the rest of the country is starting to head that way. I understand you are essentially stuck in CA because of your roots there, but it doesn't make the state and their liberal bullschit any more appealing to anyone here.

I am essentially in the same boat. I do live a stones throw from the PA border and will be jumping there when I leave my job, but they seem to be heading in the same direction as NY. At least the taxes will be considerably less. This whole country seems to be in trouble.

I'm not trying to talk anybody into coming here. As I said, if you can't separate your life from politics, this isn't the place for you. It's just a little bewildering that some seem to get riled up over somebody choosing to make the best of the situation instead of being bullied out of one's home.
Barkof

I'm not trying to talk anybody into coming here. As I said, if you can't separate your life from politics, this isn't the place for you. It's just a little bewildering that some seem to get riled up over somebody choosing to make the best of the situation instead of being bullied out of one's home.
Well said. I'm not leaving yet. The entire state is Red, Red, Red, except San Fran., LA, and San Diego. My rep in Congress is probably 95 by NRA. However, we also bring you Feinstein, Pelosi, and Boxer courtesy of the big 3 cities. AZ is being ruled more by the two big cities. So is NV. Look out.
Barkof

Like I said, our states symbolize exactly what people don't want to see our country become. Lot's of good people stuck in those states with lives. Keep the faith! wink
Buck McKeon (R CA 25th congressional district) rated A by the NRA. And this is LOS ANGELES County.
Posted By: EricM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/31/12
Gary,

Welcome to the Fire, and thanks for the great info. I registered with Calguns and found the SSE exemption thread you were talking about: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692&highlight=SSE+exemption

There is an FFL in Solana Beach, just down the road from me, who does SSE conversions. I'll give him a call.

Cheers,
Eric
Let us know how it works out.
Posted By: EricM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/31/12
Will do! I'm working my way through the 17 page Calguns thread now. Good times. I need another beer..

Eric
Posted By: 700LH Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/31/12
The entire state is Red, Red, Red, except San Fran., LA, and San Diego.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
From the state that gave us all Feinstein, which was elected by?? Survey says. All the horse crap regs from the amount of lead in bronze plumbing fixtures to who knows what next. Those that say they are not involved in politics because they can put their head up their, or in the sand take note, because of the population numbers Commiefornia plays a major part in the crap that happens in DC.
CA absorbed every hippie and peace freak from the lower 48 in the 1970s. Now they're just giving back.

You like that map? The beach and the border are blue. The other 2/3 are red. You blank out the SF LA and SD areas, you've got almost no blue left. The big county is San Bernardino, vato. It's part of LA.

Merle Haggard and Buck Owens are from Kern. Oildale is more redneck than any state in the south.
Merle Haggard and Buck Owens are from Kern. Oildale is more redneck than any state in the south.

Gee, that's heartwarming, and just changes my entire perspective crazy .

So much so I just sent Dianne F. a Pajamagram, and flowers.

Thank you for waking me up.

GTC

Naw, they think we grew them in the crop fields. Nothing as absurd as complaining to a Californian about too many liberals moving into your state.

When you look at Nevada it is the same thing, ONE county defined NV as an Obama state. Florida, similar situation, why do the phugging liberals always take the coast? Florida has even got the "coastal cancer".

What is that one county in Idaho, is there a college there?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 700LH Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 12/31/12
When you look at Nevada it is the same thing, ONE county defined NV as an Obama state

Where did you find that map, Disneyland?

Washoe County Nevada (Reno) voted bammers 95K to Romneys 88K

http://www.washoecounty.us/repository/files/31/Final%20Official%20Summary%20Report.pdf

Dream on broomstick cowboys
Naw, they think we grew them in the crop fields. Nothing as absurd as complaining to a Californian about too many liberals moving into your state.

When you look at Nevada it is the same thing, ONE county defined NV as an Obama state. Florida, similar situation, why do the phugging liberals always take the coast? Florida has even got the "coastal cancer".

What is that one county in Idaho, is there a college there?

[Linked Image]

a little off topic... but looking at the map, and knowing a little about South Dakota and North Dakota, having traveled those states for year doing business there... the blue areas seem to really overlap where all the Indian Reservations are...

the rest of it... Oregon for instance is called a Blue State...only a very small portion of it is Blue, yet enough of them, even tho they only occupy less than 1 % of the state... its the tail wagging the dog per usual...
EricM,

I'm truly sorry that myself and my State representatives made it so you can't just walk into a gun store and purchase a S&W revolver. I am also sorry that all those cowards fled your State and abandoned you guys to fend for yourselves against the communist regime.

The good news is, surf's up, dudes!
CA absorbed every hippie and peace freak from the lower 48 in the 1970s. Now they're just giving back.

You like that map? The beach and the border are blue. The other 2/3 are red. You blank out the SF LA and SD areas, you've got almost no blue left. The big county is San Bernardino, vato. It's part of LA.

You sure you want to bring up Merle in this discussion? The man who wrote a song about Obamas inaguration and how great it was going to be after 8 years of Bush? Another song to be used in the Hillary campaign before that...The man who specifically said he couldn't vote for Romney.

Ownens might have grown up in that area, but he's not "from" there.
Owens was born on a farm in Sherman, Texas
AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
Oh, good - you can openly carry only loaded rifles/shotguns..

That's good..

Last time I was in CA was circa '78... And it WILL be the last time..

The good news is, surf's up, dudes!

Yeah, I'm surfin and you have ten wives.

LOL

laugh
Posted By: EricM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 01/01/13
GreatWaputi - Well, I happen to be a surfer, too. smile

The surf has been up the past 3-4 days. Not storm swell, but really nice clean sets coming in. Our family was "stoked". wink National Geographic named my home town one of the world's "top 20 surf towns".

Eric
GreatWaputi - Well, I happen to be a surfer, too. smile

The surf has been up the past 3-4 days. Not storm swell, but really nice clean sets coming in. Our family was "stoked". wink National Geographic named my home town one of the world's "top 20 surf towns".

Eric

Huntington?
What's up fellow Cali's...Was out of half moon bay today pullin crab pots (doesnt suck California thing) and mavericks was Rollin! I don't surf cause I don't wanna be crab food but thought y'all might like to know...
How was Crabbin?

Headed back to Blowdega in 3 weeks, hoping the Oregon Crabbers haven't settled the crab cost and are still on strike.

Allen
Posted By: EricM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 01/01/13
Encinitas.

Certifiable - Mavericks is a serious break! I'd love to see it when it's really going off. Hope you got some good crabs.

Happy New Years!

Eric
Posted By: EdM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 01/01/13
I was born, raised, college educated and delivered the first nine years of my career in California, the northern Sacramento delta, for all but college which was central coast. All wonderful times frankly. Politics were not what they are today, hunting, fishing, diving, etc., was fantastic. As were the people I grew up with. We left in '95 due to a job relocation and have not been back since, having lived in Texas three different times, Kansas, Alberta and, for me, the UAE, Qatar and Kazakhstan. We will soon head to Brisbane Australia. In all of these moves I have always found folks pretty darn happy with where they live with bitching here and there as can be expected, but, short of the Kazakh girls wink all are pretty happy with where they are. So it seems a bit rough to cast a view when one has not lived and EXPERIENCED the place they rag on. I am happy to have left California for a number of reasons, have a lot of family there today and absolutely cherish my time there becoming what I am today.
Eric,... The crabbin wasn't great today, but we havnt been able to get out to our our pots for some time now so we didn't have great expectations. We ended up with somewhere in the low thirties for 7 pots.. Buddy I crab with had some family out visiting from Pakistan so we took them shooting at Los altos range yesterday and crabbing today.. They seemed to rather enjoy California wink Eric, when mavericks is in full swing, it is something to behold!!

Hemi, have never made it up to bodega to crab but I hope there's plenty left up there for you guys. Our season is probably going to wind down here pretty soon, for us anyway. Good luck!
Like this?

Posted By: EdM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 01/01/13
And, growing up, I was fortunate enough to have a small off the grid/water cabin on 80 acres up on a hill just a bit west of Pt. Arena so this is where school time off was spent. Wonderful times indeed.
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Like this?

Cool footage Kali...You take the video? It definitely gets a lot bigger than that when all is right. Our pots are about 8 miles from the breaks and you can see those huge bastards from way off sometimes!!
NO not my footage. Gonna have see if I can get Big Wednesday on Netflix now though! Got some more Pantera for you.
Originally Posted by calikooknic
NO not my footage. Gonna have see if I can get Big Wednesday on Netflix now though! Got some more Pantera for you.

Some real good footage in "Chasing Mavericks" when it hits Blu-Ray

Originally Posted by EdM
I was born, raised, college educated and delivered the first nine years of my career in California, the northern Sacramento delta, for all but college which was central coast. All wonderful times frankly. Politics were not what they are today, hunting, fishing, diving, etc., was fantastic. As were the people I grew up with. We left in '95 due to a job relocation and have not been back since, having lived in Texas three different times, Kansas, Alberta and, for me, the UAE, Qatar and Kazakhstan. We will soon head to Brisbane Australia. In all of these moves I have always found folks pretty darn happy with where they live with bitching here and there as can be expected, but, short of the Kazakh girls wink all are pretty happy with where they are. So it seems a bit rough to cast a view when one has not lived and EXPERIENCED the place they rag on. I am happy to have left California for a number of reasons, have a lot of family there today and absolutely cherish my time there becoming what I am today.

Great post and very accurate and honest.

I stay not because it's my favorite place on Earth, I have roots here(wife, family, job, great home etc)that would be tough to unearth right now, but maybe in the not to distant future.

wink

Originally Posted by EdM

Great post and very accurate and honest.

I stay not because it's my favorite place on Earth, I have roots here(wife, family, job, great home etc)that would be tough to unearth right now, but maybe in the not to distant future.

wink

Well if you are going to do it, better do so before Jr. turns 18. If he meets a gal here and wants to stay, it's gonna make it that much harder to talk Mamma into going. wink

I have three daughter here and a grandson, be a tough sell for me if I ever got serious about leaving. Well, truth be told, it would be awfully tough on me too, so why should I let [bleep] liberals split up my family, because I can't handle them?
Jr's dating a girl who's family owns a ranch in Meeteetse Wyoming and also have a home in Cody.

That kid sure knows how to pick 'em.

wink
Posted By: EdM Re: To Hell with CA..!!! Rant..! - 01/02/13
Wise boy's come from wise parents...
Jr's dating a girl who's family owns a ranch in Meeteetse Wyoming and also have a home in Cody.

That kid sure knows how to pick 'em.

wink

See you around. wink
© 24hourcampfire