Home
Posted By: mack5511 Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/06/13
Been reading threads on and off on the different trucks and it seems like the Tacoma was well regarded. My Xterra was getting a little long in the tooth and I thought I would take a look at some vehicles today. Hit a few dealers and ended up at Toyota this afternoon. They had one 4X4 that had just came off the truck and that is what ended up in the garage tonight.

Great looking and driving truck and had the features I wanted for the right price.

So thankful for the previous threads on vehicles and the Tacoma especially.

Mack
Posted By: rrroae Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/06/13
Welcome to the smart people group.
If it last like my 2000 model, you'll like it.
Pics or it didn't happen! wink
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Ooooh! Nice!
smile
Posted By: rrroae Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/06/13
Very, very nice!

I have the same truck in gray and love it.
Thanks guys I did my best to resist a looooong drive in it tonight but could not help getting it up to the 50 mile mark.
Posted By: R1150R Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/06/13
Looks nice.
If I see it I'll wave, when I roll through Clearwater in a week or so.
Congrats Jim...

hope it is as reliable for you as my 88 4Runner has been for me...

it rolled over 519,000 miles today...
Nice colors, in and out.
Have you read the owners manuel yet? Break in instructions were on page 68 in mine. Said not to exceed 50 MPH for the first 500 miles. Doing 70 on interstate I'm often passed by people with the stickers still all over their new cars who blow my doors off as they pass.
Nice truck!!!!
Posted By: miguel Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/06/13
You chose wisely. I love mine, and I'm sure you will love yours. That is a great color, really sharp.
my Brother in Law in Ocala bought one about like yours last week. It has the 4x4, TRD off road package, including a built in inverter set up in the bed of the truck.
Very nice Congrats!
Nice!
Think you're gonna like it.
I have a 2012 TRD that just turned 5 k.
Next time I'm in Largo visiting our friends in my 2002 Tacoma I'll look for you.....Nice truck. grin
Toyotas cost more up frt, new or used and worth every dime of it. Rolled the odometer over 200K 2 weeks ago,haven't even done the clutch yet.A 95 Tacoma haven't made a car payment in over 7 years. As the add said "toyota oh what you did for me" . Magnum man
Congrats!

Good looking truck! I've got an 04 Tacoma TRD and It's been a GREAT truck.

Virgil B.
Vary nice 4 or 6 cylinder I have a 2011 with the 4cylinder and standerd tran
Nice truck mack! Say good bye to all those other POS.

Welcome aboard.

Travis
I still wish I had my 4 banger. No speed but great mileage and for just doing stuff.
Looks like the one I got a year ago. Great truck!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: T LEE Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/06/13
You can park IN your garage! smile smile smile
Good one, Terry! Probably won't get the joke if the reader isn't from Florida.
I got one too......

Funny thing, the black shell that sits on my Tacoma is on its 3rd truck. I keep buy black so it will match. First an access cab 4banger, than a access cab 6cyl and now the crew cab.

[Linked Image]
I think the crew cab Tacoma is about the most sensible vehicle on the market today.

Travis
It's enough longer than my previous two to notice, that's for sure. Of course I went with the long wheel base so I'd still have the longer bed. I don't like those 4' beds.
I don't either. That thing is bitchin'. I think I'll buy one when my son turns 15 and give him my Boyota. Will be a tear filled day.

Travis
Posted By: slg888 Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/06/13
Cute truck, enjoy!
I hate the side steps/runners but they came with the package. I do like the backup camera for hooking to the boat and utility trailer.
Nice!

I have the same model but its a 2007 with 96k miles on it.

Enjoy
Originally Posted by mack5511
Been reading threads on and off on the different trucks and it seems like the Tacoma was well regarded. My Xterra was getting a little long in the tooth and I thought I would take a look at some vehicles today. Hit a few dealers and ended up at Toyota this afternoon. They had one 4X4 that had just came off the truck and that is what ended up in the garage tonight.

Great looking and driving truck and had the features I wanted for the right price.

So thankful for the previous threads on vehicles and the Tacoma especially.

Mack

You definitely upgraded from your previous vehicle. I have a 2009 TRD 4 door which when the time comes on another Tacoma or possibly Tundra.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/06/13
Have the 2012 4 cyl, did the yellow wire mod to give me trac in 4 wheel low.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2011 4x4 24,000 miles in 18 months and nary a problem.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as the rest of us.
Daylight pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Terry yes it is a hold over from my MN upbringing. When I see a garage I think for some reason it should hold cars. It seems in FL it means it is considered a bonus living room/storage area. LOL

Mack
Very sharp looking truck, Mack. Congrats!

I've got it's older brother. [Linked Image]
Thanks for the comments everyone. If it was not for some of the other threads I would not have known so much about this truck. For all of the negative threads I do believe that when it comes to overall knowledge about just about anything you can find it here. So many members with such a vast amount of experience that it is worth it to fight through some BS to have access to it.

Oh and before I get to mushy!

A hearty "GFY" LOL

Mack
Mack I drive a GMC but LOVE those tacomas!! Always wonder if I should have got one instead of the sierra. What color is that? And other than driving the heck out of it what plans do you have for it? If I had one I would definetly put a topper on mine. Very versitale. Enjoy!
lawnman,

So far not sure I got a 4x4 and the tow package so it has the receiver hitch already. I have been slacking on my outdoor activities lately and this was the first purchase to start me back getting out more. My old Xterra was fine but just lacking in a few areas. I want to get a flats boat or something to get on the water and some sort of small teardrop camper.

As for a topper I will see, I think is a good idea especially with some roof rack type of setup for long items etc.

It has been awhile since I have had a truck and any and all ideas for adding some functionality for the outdoors would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mack
That back up camera is something I didn't think much about until I got it!! Man do you start to rely on it. Just today I got out and had to wipe some road salt off it. I didn't need it, but if I did, I wanted to be able to use it! Neat deal.

Thats really a nice looking pickup ... but how do you put a couple of bear hounds up front and a dead elk in the back?? laugh

L.W.
Originally Posted by redmtn

[Linked Image]

And the "yellow wire mod" would be?
Originally Posted by deflave
I think the crew cab Tacoma is about the most sensible vehicle on the market today.

Travis

If you have kids. If not, the access cab with a long bed makes sense, since you can sleep in the back. I think you can get the crew with a 6ft bed now.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/07/13
For some reason Toyota disables Trac when in 4 low so you end up with open differentials, most likely so they can sell more of their top end off road packages that have a Atrac toggle switch. By disconnecting the second yellow wire down from the top of the ECU you are able to keep Trac mode on whether in high or 4 low. Cheap but effective method of getting posi trac when you most likely be needing it the most.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

[Linked Image]

Explains it much better than I can.

http://www.ct4wd.com/forum/showthre...quot-yellow-wire-mod-quot-or-L4-TRAC-mod
Posted By: GSSP Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/07/13
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I've got it's older brother. [Linked Image]

Actually, your's is the younger older brother; the one that looks like a bee stung it and it swol up grin Mine's the older, 2006, older brother.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by VAhuntr

[Linked Image]

Explains it much better than I can.

http://www.ct4wd.com/forum/showthre...quot-yellow-wire-mod-quot-or-L4-TRAC-mod

DOOOOD! That is bad to the bone! When I first read the post I said, "Either you have a locker/LSD or you don't". Who'da thunk ABS could do the same thing as an LSD setup?

Even with a rear factory locker it might be worth doing 'cause a front locker is usually not a good idea on the front diff with IFS. Maybe an ARB if you can turn it on and off.
Posted By: BW Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/07/13
The wife got one last month...

[Linked Image]

I specifically did not want the hood scoop.

I find it a bit hard to get into, and a bit weird to drive. But she loves it.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I got one too......

Funny thing, the black shell that sits on my Tacoma is on its 3rd truck. I keep buy black so it will match. First an access cab 4banger, than a access cab 6cyl and now the crew cab.

[Linked Image]

Nice looking family rig there.
So far,so good.
My 2012..
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ppine Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/07/13
Congratulations on buying a new truck, but why would you buy a Japanese truck when you could have an American diesel truck for around the same money?
Congratulations on buying a new truck, but why would you buy a Japanese truck when you could have an American diesel truck for around the same money?

1) Tired of supporting union labor (GM, Ford)
2) Tired of supporting govt. owned company (GM)
3) Foreign owned and made in Mexico (Dodge)
4) Diesel won't last much longer than a gas Toyota
5) Diesel gets worse mileage
6) Diesel is .80 more per gallon
7) You haven't bought a diesel in 10 yrs (prices $45k +)

sure the op can defend himself, but there's a few reasons
Nice choice. I have an 08 double cab. Its a nice truck and the maintanence is fairly easy. I wish I would have gottent the 6' bed instead of the 5' bed but I have been able to work around it. Plus I was shopping for used and there wasnt any long bed trucks avaliable so I guess beggers cant be choosers. Mine is just about to roll over 60k and I havnt had anything that even looked like a problem so far.
Posted By: ppine Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/07/13
I will support US companies over Jap companies anyday. Diesels are going 400,00-1,000,000 miles. I get 24 mpg out of a Ford F-350 with an auto trans. I haven't bought a diesel in 10 years and don't plan to buy another one for at least that long.

Diesel fuel is currently more expensive that it should be. In the future we will be making biodiesel and the cost will come down.
I will support US companies over Jap companies anyday. Diesels are going 400,00-1,000,000 miles. I get 24 mpg out of a Ford F-350 with an auto trans. I haven't bought a diesel in 10 years and don't plan to buy another one for at least that long.

Diesel fuel is currently more expensive that it should be. In the future we will be making biodiesel and the cost will come down

Are you done trying to pee on everyone's parade and telling us what a great American you are??? I don't remember the poster asking for opinions on what he should buy. He was merely showing off his truck.

Oh, and, show of hands, how many guys here get 24 mpg out of a dually?? (And I'm not talking about going downhill).

How's your dually in the mud?? I'm sure it's a real treat in a parking garage as well.
Posted By: EricM Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/07/13
Those double cabs are nice, congrats!

Eric
Thanks for the support guys!

My reason was this. The only US made truck I would consider was a Ford. I refuse to support them worthless freeloading auto companies like GM and Dodge.

I looked at Ford and in trying to find a truck I would like it always ended up at $35K plus and closer to 40. I do not need a full size truck for that amount of money and surely was not going to pay the premium for a Diesel.

The Toyota is built in TX so to me it is US made as it supports the workers of the great state of TX and not some union stronghold in the midwest.

If some profit goes back to Japan they are an ally and seem to build a far better product than most.

You show me a full size 4x4 crew cab diesel from Ford at $30k and I will be on it like stink on a monkey.

Mack
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/08/13
Very nice.Congrats on your new yota
In just over two years my family have gone from always owning GM's and fords to owning nothing but Toyota's. I hope that I never have to buy another vehicle with a UAW sticker on it.

Dink
Posted By: ppine Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/08/13
Mack,
Thanks for the explanation.
I was just trying to make the point that we can speak with our checkbooks.

Fburg,
My truck is not a dually. It is great in the mud. It handles fine with some practice. I believe in buying American. If someone is going to stand up and do some arm waving, they have to be prepared to deal with some other opinions.

Travis

If you have kids. If not, the access cab with a long bed makes sense, since you can sleep in the back. I think you can get the crew with a 6ft bed now.

[Linked Image]
[If you have kids.

Or friends.

Travis
Hookers come in pairs too...
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Hookers come in pairs too...

Valid point, sir.

Travis
How is the ride and handling ? I am sure it handles great in the city, but how is the highway performence ? Passing acceleration, wind resistence / deflection, ride ? Seriously considering one. The Tundra is way more than I need and the other half has a Sequoia (sp). I have been driving a '97 4-Runner, but it is getting long in the tooth. Opinions ? Congrats on your new truck, nice !
Jim
Thanks for the support guys!

My reason was this. The only US made truck I would consider was a Ford. I refuse to support them worthless freeloading auto companies like GM and Dodge.

I looked at Ford and in trying to find a truck I would like it always ended up at $35K plus and closer to 40. I do not need a full size truck for that amount of money and surely was not going to pay the premium for a Diesel.

The Toyota is built in TX so to me it is US made as it supports the workers of the great state of TX and not some union stronghold in the midwest.

If some profit goes back to Japan they are an ally and seem to build a far better product than most.

You show me a full size 4x4 crew cab diesel from Ford at $30k and I will be on it like stink on a monkey.

Mack

Please don't feel a need to explain yourself to me. I did the math and came to the same decision 11 years ago. smile
Very nice, been considering one myself, but damn they are spendy. Did you look at any of the other small rigs? Nissan etc? Why is it compact trucks are slowly disappearing? I own two (one Mazda and one Isuzu) that are about shot and do not want a full size rig - but the compact truck options are very limited.
Originally Posted by centershot
Very nice, been considering one myself, but damn they are spendy. Did you look at any of the other small rigs? Nissan etc? Why is it compact trucks are slowly disappearing? I own two (one Mazda and one Isuzu) that are about shot and do not want a full size rig - but the compact truck options are very limited.

Been considering one for the wife to drive 80 miles a day for a work vehicle. We need something 4x4, but am concerned about economy with the miles she drives. Our monthly fuel bill is now twice our house payment. Have two kids left at home so need the four door. Can you guys tell me what you get for mpg?
I drive an old Cummins Dodge because I tow equipment. It gets 17 mpg reliably, the exact same as my last Nissan 4x4, and is one heck of a lot more truck. I've found the small trucks to not be as economical as I expected for the sacrifice you make in ability and size. But for sheer high mileage driving, you need every mpg you can get.

[Linked Image]
The little trucks don't get what many think they should.

Get her a Subaru.

Travis

Get her a Subaru.

Travis

Yea, got pretty quiet when I asked the drivers what they get for mileage huh?
I was getting new truck envy, nice ride Mack!
Then I remembered I only have 155K on my '03 Taco so maybe in 8-10 years I'll update mine.
Nice color combo!
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Get her a Subaru.

Travis

Yeah well, Tacos still get 20% better than ANY V8 and about the same as Diesels that use typically a much more expensive fuel, have more expensive maintenance, and cost 20K more than a Tacoma costs. So, unless you are too stupid to be able to do simple arithmetic, yeah they are a LOT cheaper to operate.

Having said that, they don't get 30+mpg, nor does any other real pickup with a frame and a two speed transfer case. They would get near that with the diesels that Toyota sells all over the world, but that is another story.

So, if you need 30mpg, get the damn Subaru like Travis said. Commuting long distance in a 4wd pickup is what morons do. They are too valuable to waste like that.
Originally Posted by ppine

I believe in buying American.

Tundra and Tacoma are made in Texas.

Not sure about the tacoma, but my f150 Supercrew gets 23mpg. I tow some weight with it, so haven't gone Toyota yet, but will look at the tundra next go round.
Posted By: BW Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/09/13
Today I was driving the wifes Tacoma (pictured above, with my diesel Dodge) I realized my back was hurting. When I got home, I ask my wife about it, and she said "it doesn't hurt, but I have to adjust often."

Anyone else experience uncomfortable seats?
Posted By: Calvin Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/09/13
Once in awhile I get excited about a new Taco. Then I look at the price.. Them suckers cost a pretty penny!

Get her a Subaru.

Travis

Yeah well, Tacos still get 20% better than ANY V8 and about the same as Diesels that use typically a much more expensive fuel, have more expensive maintenance, and cost 20K more than a Tacoma costs. So, unless you are too stupid to be able to do simple arithmetic, yeah they are a LOT cheaper to operate.

Having said that, they don't get 30+mpg, nor does any other real pickup with a frame and a two speed transfer case. They would get near that with the diesels that Toyota sells all over the world, but that is another story.

So, if you need 30mpg, get the damn Subaru like Travis said. Commuting long distance in a 4wd pickup is what morons do. They are too valuable to waste like that.

Is this where we have one of those famous campfire "sand in the vagina" threads? Relax, I'm not attacking anyone asking what the Toyota's get for mileage.
Originally Posted by BW
Today I was driving the wifes Tacoma (pictured above, with my diesel Dodge) I realized my back was hurting. When I got home, I ask my wife about it, and she said "it doesn't hurt, but I have to adjust often."

Anyone else experience uncomfortable seats?

This will help:

www.crossfit.com
Posted By: rrroae Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/09/13
Originally Posted by Calvin
Once in awhile I get excited about a new Taco. Then I look at the price.. Them suckers cost a pretty penny!

One reason people buy Tacomas besides having rock solid reliability is because they also have one of the best resale values out there.

I've been trading my double cab Tacomas in about every 2 years and I'm averaging about $6200 out the door trade difference. That ends up costing me about $258 a month. I never have to pay for tires and I usually never have to pay for any maintenance because I get the oil changes and tire rotations thrown in. If you do the math, it's pretty hard getting away with $250 +/- a month total cost for a 4x4 double cab truck.
.....asking what the Toyota's get for mileage.

I've had 5 of the new body style Tacoms. All but one was a V6 Double cab 4x4. The best averaged 19.8 and the worst 18.4. The 4 banger 4x4 extended cab averaged 21.9.

By comparison, I had a 2005 Chevy Silverado crew cab 4x4 5.3 that got 16.8 and an 2011 Chevy Silverado(same) that averaged 16.2.

You're not gaining that much difference over a full size truck. Especially the Ford with the 5.0 or V6 ecoboost. For the person driving around 15,000 miles a year, the difference is only about $400 in gas at $3.50 a gallon. It boils down to what suites you the best.

One reason people buy Tacomas besides having rock solid reliability is because they also have one of the best resale values out there.

Toyota tops U.S. in recalls with 5.3M

Washington � Toyota Motor Corp. recalled more vehicles � 5.3 million � than any other automaker in the U.S. in 2012.

It was the third time in the last four years that Toyota led in U.S. recalls.

Click Here

Reliable? Not so much anymore.

My window sticker says 16 city and 21 hwy with an average of 18.
Yeah, my brother had his Tacoma recalled because the floor mat could move and get caught under the pedal.

Pieces of crap.
My window sticker says 16 city and 21 hwy with an average of 18.

You can see what others get and record your own mileage here.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/tacoma/gas%20v6/truck
rrroae, that was super helpful, easiest to read format EVER.

No mpg gain over my full size Dodge though, which is a surprise considering what you give up. Not knocking the Toyota's. I drove a Tundra a few years ago and that was hands down the best driving truck I have ever driven. Smooth as glass. The Dodge is no fun.
My run-around is a 1978 Toyota with 60K original, and it averages 25 mpg, but is 2x of course.
Posted By: ppine Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/09/13
Part of the "math" in truck buying is longevity. Gas engines that are well made can go 150,000 to 200,000 miles . Diesels go 400,000 to a million miles. Over the cost of ownership, a diesel is much cheaper to own.

Look at the resale value of gas and diesel trucks of the same age and mileage and you will understand my point.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/09/13
I have a 2001 4x4 extended cab with 118k miles,everything is original except the frame which was a recall. Even the brakes are original! It does seem that they would get better milage though,mine is 20mpg. My rear axel housing(not the cover) is starting to rot and leak so I think this is qoing to be my first repair.
The word I hear on Tacoma MPG is that the auto trans version gets a bit better MPG than the 6sp manual. This is coming from a young friend of mine who bought the manual without doing his home work and found out after the deal was done.

IIRC, his explanation was that the auto trans models use a different gear ratio in the diff(s).
Diesels are $20,000 more than a Tacoma ? Hmmm. My 2006 Dodge, 2500, 4WD was $26,700 out the door. When I bought it, nobody would seel me a Tacoma 4WD, w/ the V-6 much cheaper.
As to performance, my Dodge carries a fully loaded, 10 ft. Lance Camper, and tows my Jeep at the speed limit any where I go. That includes crossing mountain ranges like the Sierra Nevada, and the Rockys. No tacoma can come any where near that. E
My 2007 is my second Tacoma. 4X4, V6, big cab..pulls the duck boat anywhere, any time, any speed...best of all, it's got a lot more US source parts in it than any of the so-called US brands and it doesn't have a UAW sticker on it...had enough of the smoke, mirrors and BS when I worked for GM.
For those who make fun of Tacoma resale value go and try to buy one.

My 1998 tacoma, v-6 4x4 extended cab has 358,000 miles now. Had a freeze plug replaced recently and power steering motor put in other than maintenance. Only broke down one time, fuel pump, I put it in myself in an hour. Luckily the gas tank only had 5 gallons in it since I had to drop the gas tank. EVERYTHING on the truck still works as it did the day I drove it off the lot in September of 1997.
My friend has a Landcruiser (his wife's vehicle) and he has a newer ford F250 4 wheel drive with the 7.? (I do not know much about them) diesel engine and the Landcruiser is what he gets when he has to pull something. He says the Ford will not compete with the Landruiser when it comes to pulling and the Ford is 5 years newer.
Originally Posted by headhunter130
My friend has a Landcruiser (his wife's vehicle) and he has a newer ford F250 4 wheel drive with the 7.? (I do not know much about them) diesel engine and the Landcruiser is what he gets when he has to pull something. He says the Ford will not compete with the Landruiser when it comes to pulling and the Ford is 5 years newer.

Then your friend doesn't know what he's doing. I'd take my V-10 truck over any American Toyota any day and I am a real fan of Toyota. I wish the Tundra was a real 3/4 ton truck.
he has probably forgotten more about vehicles than you may have ever known. He is a certified master Toyota mechanic and is incredible with vehicles. You can run into other mechanics and mention his name and they almost kneel in awe. He is one of the best there is, I feel pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.
Posted By: ppine Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/10/13
Fremicus,
Thanks for reporting your excellent diesel experience. It is almost a well kept secret in this country. The poor diesels that came out in the 1970s and 1980s seemed to have soured most people in this country on the technology.

Diesels continue to advance faster than gas engines and are now winning races like the 24 Hours of LeMans against gas engines. With $1000 worth of bolt on parts my Ford 7.3 is now a hot rod capable of 24 mpg on flat country when not towing.
I wish we could get the toyota diesels here.
he has probably forgotten more about vehicles than you may have ever known. He is a certified master Toyota mechanic and is incredible with vehicles. You can run into other mechanics and mention his name and they almost kneel in awe. He is one of the best there is, I feel pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.

Well, I don't consider a 7000# tow capacity real towing. I like to stay below 10% of my rated capacity for a safety margin so it's 3/4 ton or better for me. Just because you can doesn't mean you should but to each his own.
Posted By: BW Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/11/13
I wish we could get the toyota diesels here.

Yeah, they are okay. Nothing earth shattering mind you, I've driven a few in the 'Stan...

Nice shortbed version, normal USA left side steering...

[Linked Image]

Different truck (much closer to Pakistan, the first picture being next door to Iran...)

[Linked Image]

Later version, right hand drive, after I got hit by a Hadji Jingle truck...

[Linked Image]

Lousy shot of the hood, but Pizza Hut from Bagram! OMG!...

[Linked Image]

Now here's the truck America needs...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah brother... Ford Ranger with a diesel.
Posted By: BW Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/11/13
Interior shot of diesel Ford Ranger...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bodei Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/11/13
Probably my next vehicle after I pay off my Subaru Forester (one of the few Subaru's in town without an Obama 2012 sticker).
Sorry, I have heard nothing but different. The toyota diesel is hands down better than anything else. From my experience with Toyota I know what I believe. Besides Toyotas are more american than ford or gm.
Taco gas mileage for my 2007 double cab

<63 mph = 22 mpg
> 65 mps = 18 mpg

Seats and back pain -

Yep, if you get a taco and you had bench seats before it's going to mess with your back for a bit until you have the lumbar stuff adjusted. If you have back problems it will be a bit worse. All I can say is make sure you stretch your back
Posted By: slg888 Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/11/13
Unbelievable the crap people come up with...your friend is a retard.
Posted By: ppine Re: Bought a 2013 Tacoma today! - 01/11/13
Now we're getting somewhere. The rest of the world gets it. In the Pacific all the outboard motors are diesels.
All I can say slg888, if there was a bet placed whatever the amount, I would bet with him. What is unbelievable is the number of "americans" who support a bascially mexican made vehicle.

Tacoma seats, I guess it depends, I love them and have never had a problem none of my tacoma friends have any problems either. I hate a bench seat.
© 24hourcampfire