Home
Good Read and to the point..

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/the...nsider-the-media-wont-ask/#axzz2HDbhf9AS
Good read indeed... And there better be a whole lot more than 3% that'll stand up and defy any/all orders to give 'em up..
They're not ignorant of anything. Americans will comply. They did in 1994.
How many Citizens is the government willing to kill in the push for firearms disarmament?

That would be a good question to ask the Branch Davidians.

Good read.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Good read indeed... And there better be a whole lot more than 3% that'll stand up and defy any/all orders to give 'em up..

I think they will. People are really preparing for the chit to hit the fan.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Things are different than 1994. This time they are not leaving us any wiggle room. War is coming. This War of Guns is the second shot heard around the world. The nation sate is over.
Wrong.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
How many Citizens is the government willing to kill in the push for firearms disarmament?

Just ask any of the millions of dead folks from the continent of your choice over the last couple of hundred years, just how far an opposing group will go to have it their way.
Wrong.

Well if you are right than I'm off to the woods with my favorite adult beverage and off myself. Death is preferable to slavery.
http://www.sobran.com/reluctant.shtml

R.J. Rummel of the University of Hawaii calculates that in the twentieth century alone, states murdered about 162,000,000 million of their own subjects. This figure doesn�t include the tens of millions of foreigners they killed in war. How, then, can we speak of states �protecting� their people? No amount of private crime could have claimed such a toll.
Yep, there's infinitely more to fear from a monopoly of arms in the hands of the state than from any number of lone, crazed, gunmen. And there's less to fear from the latter if one is himself armed.

you really believe that.
Wrong.

Agreed. They will use the ploy of incrementalism by demonizing certain types of guns to create division between this Nation's gun owners, watering down the resolve against whatever ban is to come along next.

They'll leave alone the lever actions, bolt guns, revolvers, pump and "standard" capacity shotguns and .22s alone; demonizing only the "assault weapons" (I remember when the word assault was a verb, not an adjective)and "high capacity" (whatever that means) handguns.

That'll shave off a pretty big chunk of everyday gun owners who won't stand with those of us who see any attack on the Second Amendment as unacceptable.

That's how the .gov will avoid a mass uprising in defense of the 2A, IMO.
Originally Posted by bea175

you really believe that.

Yup.

The American people don't have the resolve for a civil war.

A few might fight, but they'll be portrayed as kooks and their fight won't change anything. Except maybe giving the left justification for their belief that black rifles are only for dangerous "crazy" people.
im thinking most that are beating their chest wont.

you really believe that.

Yup.

A few might fight, but they'll be portrayed as kooks and their fight won't change anything. Except maybe giving the left justification for their belief that black rifles are only for dangerous "crazy" people.

This.

Most Americans won't even give their opinion about sensitive issues much less stand and fight. Everyone wants to be politically correct.

Dink
It all depends whether or not they know where the firearms in question are. If they have a database chances are you will never receive a knock on the door, rather your life will just be made miserable LIVING HELL until you comply.

Need a new driver's license? DENIED.
Do you need auto or home insurance? DENIED.
Is your auto out of registration? DENIED
Going to get a refinance or sell your home? DENIED.
but they'll be portrayed as kooks

Just like militia leaders were in the time of clinton.
there are simply too many gun owners in America to coerce successfully....as Clinton pointed out they can cost you the Congress in a heartbeat.

the long slow bleed works both ways....look at the massive passive refusal to comply by the citizens that ultimately killed off Canada's long gun registry scheme. after five years and two billion dollars spent, the government just gave up.

in any event, nothing is passing the house....so what we need to be ready for is enjoining a string of unconstitutional pronouncements from our two bit Kenyan Caesar. pray for the health of the conservative justices.

The other half of that story is how many Americans will UNITE to fight against the government? Door by door whether some resist or do not resist it is a losing battle. They would have to gather in units, organize, and communicate much like guerilla warfare if one were serious enough to take on the government? Whole communities ect would need to be on board if they were to repel an attack by government or LE forces. I wonder how many would take on a MRAP or armored humvee ect. The cards won't be in the favor of the citizen.
I think establishing a comprehensive data base is one of the things the dems/govt/antis would like the most. Bank on this as being part of any ban or proposal they try and push through.
The recent rise in "preppers" and the rise of guns and ammo sales since 2008 should give on a hint of what people are thinking. My local grocery store sells survival food, and people have been buying. Almost everyone I know is well armed and well provisioned.

As divided as this country is, I think n aggressive move by the feds could end very badly at this point.
They're not ignorant of anything. Americans will comply. They I did in 1994.

Speak for yourself.

Why sure, any of them left? kwg
Esox357,
I can't wait to see what the look on the driver of the armoured vehicles face looks like when he recognizes what a barrettt's muzzle brake looks like!
I really don't think there are many armoured hummers or swat vehicles that can take an api hit and keep ticking.
Maybe 50's will be the next banned gun?
Oh, and my wife can handle it just fine as well!
[Linked Image]
If Obama signs an Executive Order for confiscation,he definitely becomes a Dictator with a stroke of a pen.
And goes from being a very small target to a extremely large target. GW
I didn't comply at all,many of us small gunman did hand over our FFLs,the ATF was on our butts bad,leaving the gun business for the big box conglomerates as we see today..

you really believe that.

Yup.

Most Americans didn't have the resolve for a war with England but it happened and we won.
Originally Posted by BarryC

Speak for yourself.

I was in high school in '94, caring about the ban wasn't at the top of my to-do list. And yes, as far as I know, I did comply with the ban until '04. I know for a fact that I never intentionally violated it.

Care to enlighten us all as to how you violated a federal firearms law for ten years?

Care to enlighten us all as to how you violated a federal firearms law for ten years?
Perhaps he owned mags marked "For Police Only." Or he could have put a collapsible stock and a flash suppressor on an AWB complaint AR-15. I can think of other ways too.
Originally Posted by HankStone
I didn't comply at all

If you didn't comply at all, you violated it.

How did you violate the AWB of 94-04?
Talk is cheap......
Originally Posted by fester
Take THAT to the bank.
Really?
Hope we never find out.
Or how bout building a banned from import weapon and not using the required u.s. made parts?
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

in any event, nothing is passing the house....so what we need to be ready for is enjoining a string of unconstitutional pronouncements from our two bit Kenyan Caesar. pray for the health of the conservative justices.

You mean, like RINO Roberts (that POS)??

He'll get nothing from me - he's already shown his true colors..
Originally Posted by HankStone
If Obama signs an Executive Order for confiscation,he definitely becomes a Dictator with a stroke of a pen.
And then he should be immediately be brought up for impeachment..

In any case - THAT illegal/unconstitutional "law" would NOT be complied with..
Remember, before they can confiscate anything, they have to know who has it. Registration comes first. They'll make it sound easy, and free, and 'No, we don't want your guns, we just want to know who has them'. But it's ultimate purpose is for confiscation. Never register ANYTHING, or at least anything you don't mind losing, like say, a rusted out .22 single shot rifle, which is the only firearm you have.
Originally Posted by grouseman
Remember, before they can confiscate anything, they have to know who has it. Registration comes first. They'll make it sound easy, and free, and 'No, we don't want your guns, we just want to know who has them'. But it's ultimate purpose is for confiscation. Never register ANYTHING, or at least anything you don't mind losing, like say, a rusted out .22 single shot rifle, which is the only firearm you have.
+1
Wrong.

Troll alert.

With this I agree wholeheartedly. It's usually the loudmouths who go silently & whimpering into the good night. What did Shakespeare write about the one whom protest too much???

The ones whom the government will worry about are the ones whom do not protest on these forums. The truly real bad guys with whom I have had to interact don't talk, but there is a palpable sensation that they will kill if accorded opportunity.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
+1
+1000000000000000000000000000000000
Shouldn't you be busy ratting somebody's thread out?

Speak for yourself.

I was in high school in '94, caring about the ban wasn't at the top of my to-do list. And yes, as far as I know, I did comply with the ban until '04. I know for a fact that I never intentionally violated it.

I do remember the ban itself and therefore can comment from personal experience rather than a lack thereof. This is especially true since I legally owned AR's before, during and after the ban.

Other than what TRH said, the ban was pretty hard not to comply with. It was mainly a ban on the new manufacture of goodies as opposed to stuff generally already laying around that you could buy and violate it. I'm sure lots of guys bought AR's and unintentionally violated it through ignorance. The full guns were only sold to LE but there were plenty of parts laying around that could easily be changed out if you were of a mind.

I complied because you had to actively break the law to not do so. I also didn't have to do anything to comply. If millions of gun owners become felons or potential ones overnight by a "turn them in" order or "register them" it is a whole different state of events than the '94 ban. For an idea on how many would comply, you can look at California, which has had the Roberti-Roos Law in effect for many years now. I remember that as well since I was an avid reader of Guns and Ammo and subscribed to Handguns and American Survival Guide, both based in Cali. I also subscribed to Backwoods Home which was based in neighboring Oregon and commented frequently on issues in Cali.

California is a liberal state overall but also has a huge number of conservatives. They hadn't been beaten and watered down at the time either. There are and were more conservatives in Cali than in many states where people constantly make fun of them and talk them down, despite the idiots that get air time on the news. Ronald Reagan was a Californio.

There was mass disobedience of the Roberti-Roos Law as people didn't register or turn in their weapons. Several years after the amnesty period was over, IIRC the compliance rate was much less than 10% of the estimated assault rifles that had been in the state at the time of the ban.

Californians are routinely used as whipping boys on this site, so if they are as pussified as some here claim and they disobeyed the ban at a 90% or greater rate, where does that leave the average American?

Leaving out people who don't know or pay attention to it due to ignorance willful or otherwise, a ban that just deals with new manufacture of full guns will be easily followed. If you have to actively do something to follow it, it will be massively disobeyed judging from our most liberal state.

Originally Posted by Laguna

With this I agree wholeheartedly. It's usually the loudmouths who go silently & whimpering into the good night. What did Shakespeare write about the one whom protest too much???
You're one of the loudest mouths on here. There's nothing like experience when commenting on something.
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Esox357,
I can't wait to see what the look on the driver of the armoured vehicles face looks like when he recognizes what a barrettt's muzzle brake looks like!
I really don't think there are many armoured hummers or swat vehicles that can take an api hit and keep ticking.
Maybe 50's will be the next banned gun?
Oh, and my wife can handle it just fine as well!
[Linked Image]

They have been banned in California for years. Feinstein's reasoning was they could be used to shoot down airplanes. Got that passed without a wimpier.
Very Nice!

They already know what you have, at least when it was bought through an FFL. All they have to do is pass a law requiring every FFL holder to scan & e-mail their form 4473's to the BATFE. Give them a month or their license is revoked, 99.9% will do it and they'll have a registration database. The only ones they won't know about are those bought through private party sales. Notice how closing the "gun show loophole" is being trumpeted by all the gun grabbers even though that had nothing to do with the Connecticut shooting. They've been planning this for a while, they were just waiting for an opportunity. You've gotta love all the idiots who claimed Obama wasn't after guns because he didn't go after them in his first term. Many of us knew exactly what he would do after he was reelected, except his proposals are more extreme than even I suspected. You don't take your eye off of a rattlesnake just because its not rattling.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Speak for yourself.

I do remember the ban itself and therefore can comment from personal experience rather than a lack thereof. This is especially true since I legally owned AR's before, during and after the ban.

Other than what TRH said, the ban was pretty hard not to comply with. It was mainly a ban on the new manufacture of goodies as opposed to stuff generally already laying around that you could buy and violate it. I'm sure lots of guys bought AR's and unintentionally violated it through ignorance. The full guns were only sold to LE but there were plenty of parts laying around that could easily be changed out if you were of a mind.

I complied because you had to actively break the law to not do so. I also didn't have to do anything to comply. If millions of gun owners become felons or potential ones overnight by a "turn them in" order or "register them" it is a whole different state of events than the '94 ban. For an idea on how many would comply, you can look at California, which has had the Roberti-Roos Law in effect for many years now. I remember that as well since I was an avid reader of Guns and Ammo and subscribed to Handguns and American Survival Guide, both based in Cali. I also subscribed to Backwoods Home which was based in neighboring Oregon and commented frequently on issues in Cali.

California is a liberal state overall but also has a huge number of conservatives. They hadn't been beaten and watered down at the time either. There are and were more conservatives in Cali than in many states where people constantly make fun of them and talk them down, despite the idiots that get air time on the news. Ronald Reagan was a Californio.

There was mass disobedience of the Roberti-Roos Law as people didn't register or turn in their weapons. Several years after the amnesty period was over, IIRC the compliance rate was much less than 10% of the estimated assault rifles that had been in the state at the time of the ban.

Californians are routinely used as whipping boys on this site, so if they are as pussified as some here claim and they disobeyed the ban at a 90% or greater rate, where does that leave the average American?

Leaving out people who don't know or pay attention to it due to ignorance willful or otherwise, a ban that just deals with new manufacture of full guns will be easily followed. If you have to actively do something to follow it, it will be massively disobeyed judging from our most liberal state.

Excellent points.
JeffO was the most prominent Obama supporter on here during the 2008 election and for many months thereafter. He apologized somewhat for awhile and now is back to saying he was right that he only said O would not go after guns in his first term. I guess Jeff's not counting this period as his first term. Now I see he's defending Swinestein. Retardation has no cure.
from the article....

they are so convinced of their power, that the idea of someone not complying with their edicts is alien to them. It reveals they are so hopelessly out of touch with the American people that they have either no idea how people really feel or simply don�t care and will happily enact whatever laws they feel like

They are no longer our employees, sent to represent our views. It's been that way for a long time now, and if no line in the sand is drawn over the 2nd, one of our most basic of God-given rights, this nation is doomed.
They have no fear. They need some.
[Linked Image]

You're one of the loudest mouths on here. There's nothing like experience when commenting on something.

Ethan,

I KNOW that you'll be at the vanguard leading the revolution. I'll watch your performance on TV.

Maybe you might want to spend a few C notes on a criminal defense attorney's time. That way you'll know the consequences of your pondered actions. While some federal prisons can resemble country clubs, some are worse than Corcoran State Prison. But being the tough guy that you fashion yourself to be, I known you'll have the many prison gangs in the prison incarcerating you bowing to you. Either that or you'll be dead inside an hour of hitting general population. One look at you from a Black Guerrilla Family gangsta, and you'll be cryin' for your mommy.

Ethan,

I KNOW that you'll be at the vanguard leading the revolution. I'll watch your performance on TV.

Maybe you might want to spend a few C notes on a criminal defense attorney's time. That way you'll know the consequences of your pondered actions. While some federal prisons can resemble country clubs, some are worse than Corcoran State Prison. But being the tough guy that you fashion yourself to be, I known you'll have the many prison gangs in the prison incarcerating you bowing to you. Either that or you'll be dead inside an hour of hitting general population. One look at you from a Black Guerrilla Family gangsta, and you'll be cryin' for your mommy.
lol I've agreed with a lot of the stuff you've said on here "Laguna" and oft wondered why Steve and some others treated you so harshly, but now you've shown your true colors to me personally. Your arrogance and lack of comprehension is palpable. You're bringing nothing to the table here.

And Randy Weaver. Ask him how many tough guys showed up to help him when he was attacked by the federal government.

Lots of talk but no action. Nothing has changed.
Ethan,

Didn't you just call me one of the loudest mouths on here in reference to those who want others to believe they're tough guys???
Ethan,

Might it be that I KNOW from experience a lot of things that you don't?
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

And Randy Weaver. Ask him how many tough guys showed up to help him when he was attacked by the federal government.

Untrue. A bunch of people eventually showed up. It was in the middle of nowhere and the Feds usually aren't in the business of advertising their actions, but in this case, the media was alerted, either by somebody within the ranks of the Feds or locals who thought it was wrong or by the Feds themselves who were alternately proud of their actions and also out to make an example of Weaver.

Bo Gritz, the most decorated Green Beret in Vietnam, showed up and helped talk Weaver into surrendering. Those that showed up were there to witness and do things non-violently.
lol I've agreed with a lot of the stuff you've said on here "Laguna" and oft wondered why Steve and some others treated you so harshly, but now you've shown your true colors to me personally. Your arrogance and lack of comprehension is palpable. You're bringing nothing to the table here.
+1 Laguna has lost any respect I may have had for him in the past for his approach to this topic.
Legislation, registration, confiscation...revolution?
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Legislation, registration, confiscation...revolution?
A lot of the folks who are so hot on the 1st Amendment, don't really care about anybody's freedom of speech but their own.

The bottom line is,...none of those globalists who control the American government give a *[bleep]* what the people think.

They're just looking for the temperature that will boil the frog without causing it to jump out of the pan.

You're not free,...and you're getting less free by the minute.

America isn't the first place it's happened,....not by a long shot.
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Untrue. A bunch of people eventually showed up. It was in the middle of nowhere and the Feds usually aren't in the business of advertising their actions, but in this case, the media was alerted, either by somebody within the ranks of the Feds or locals who thought it was wrong or by the Feds themselves who were alternately proud of their actions and also out to make an example of Weaver.

Bo Gritz, the most decorated Green Beret in Vietnam, showed up and helped talk Weaver into surrendering. Those that showed up were there to witness and do things non-violently.

So if and when the feds are busting my doors down, taking pot shots at my family and killing some of them, the best I can expect is for somebody to come talk to them?

I know who NOT to call.
Why would you want to live in a country where you have so much fear of the Government? A country where you don't think you are free? Why not pack your bags and leave if you need a .50 cal Barrett to feel safe?

The answer for most people is that all of the other countries have less freedom and much more strict gun laws.
© 24hourcampfire