Home
Bank of America has reportedly frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.

In a Facebook post dated December 29, Sirochman wrote the following:

�My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms...our Web site orders have jumped 500 percent causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America. So they decided to hold the deposits for further review.

�After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were -- �We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.��(emphasis added)

Sirochman also wrote that he told the bank manager that �they have no right to make up their own new rules and regs� and that �[American Spirit is a] firearms manufacturer with all the proper licensing.�

He also noted that he has been doing business with Bank of America for over 10 years, but will now be looking for a new bank.

According to Unlawful News, this isn't the first time Bank of America has targeted a customer involved in the firearms industry.

McMillan Group International was reportedly told that its business was no longer welcome after the company started manufacturing firearms � even after 12 years of doing business with the bank.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwy...nufacturers-account-company-owner-claims
Too bad that Bank of America is not holding any of my funds. It would be a kick if we could get arms owners to start a run.
BofA was the first bank to start openly giving checking accounts and credit cards to illegals some years ago. Out here in Cali anyway.
Sounds like she will be getting fired??? Now banks can decide what you can do with your own money. Unreal.
They received 97 billion in bailout funds. They are owned.
I heard about this. Truly amazing.
That's why McMillan told them to GFT.

Travis
I closed my credit card account after the MacMillan fiasco. They tried to give me the runaround and talk me out of it. I used my cc mostly for reloading component and shooting gear purchases. I told them to look at my purchases and see if they could figure out why I was closing the account. I then wished them a speedy bankruptcy. I doubt it bothered them much but I felt better.
That explains it right there!
I used to have accounts with B of A.

When I said goodbye, after doing business with them for many years, I extended the "hand of friendship" minus three fingers and a thumb.

grin
Lawsuit time?
Originally Posted by BarryC
Lawsuit time?

Should be.
I put my coins in the little brown envelope to take to school for a bank of America bank account in grade school. Later when I decided to withdraw, the entire account had been eaten up with fees. IIRC I got about thirty cents back.

It was a lesson well learned.

I'm sure the ACLU will be filing suit anytime now....
I wish my AkAir card was with someone else.
I canceled my AkAir card when it became almost impossible to book a flight using just standard mileage.

Fug 'em.
BofA was the first bank to start openly giving checking accounts and credit cards to illegals some years ago. Out here in Cali anyway.

Wells Fargo wasn't very damn far behind them, and I think the first to actually start selling them homes knowingly as primary residences!

Phil
I fired those worthless b#stards two years ago after they declined the charges on ALL of my NM hunting applications.
I can understand a corporation having to deal with them, but why in the heck would any individual do any business with a bank, in the first place?
Originally Posted by MMM
I closed my credit card account after the MacMillan fiasco. They tried to give me the runaround and talk me out of it. I used my cc mostly for reloading component and shooting gear purchases. I told them to look at my purchases and see if they could figure out why I was closing the account. I then wished them a speedy bankruptcy. I doubt it bothered them much but I felt better.
Ditto here. And the real killer BASS PRO SHOPS uses BofA for their credit card issuer. When I contacted BPS for a response after I closed my cards (one of them was the BPS BofA card) they went silent (email and call). I no longer shop at BPS even though it couldn't be more convenient.
I aso had Wells Fargo for a while, and they can be PITAs as well. I guess the challenge will be to find a bank that is both convenient, with good online bill-paying features, and plenty of locations, and also gun-friendly. Suggestions?
Suggestions???

Credit unions.
i use local banks so if i have a problem its not to hard to talk to the individuals in charge....one has 8 locations around the state, the other is just here.....
The Commie Bank of America!
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Suggestions???

Credit unions.

That's a sound suggestion.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

I thought it was the Bank of Italy. whistle
Cabela's Visa card
The sleaziest motha phuggin bank in the US and it is not even close.
Originally Posted by Plinker
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

I thought it was the Bank of Italy. whistle

At one time it was
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
I'm sure the ACLU will be filing suit anytime now....

ACLU won't touch it.They're anti gun also.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/01/the-big-list-of-who-hates-guns/
My credit card is with my insurance company and so far they don't seem to care what I do with it as long as I pay the bill. I got a 1911 coming shortly hopefully from the custom shop so we'll see if the insurance company gets a woody.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
Yap I remember that. I dumped BOA 1 month ago.
The Cabelas credit card I got at one of their stores was with B of A! I did not know it until the first bill came in. I paid it off and tore it up.

I also had a viza that we used rarely and paid off immediately so it accrued @ zero interest. The company shifted me to B of A w/o my consent and I tore up that card too.

They are sleaze!

1B
Frost National, i use Texas Champion but don't know if their in their Houston area. Frost should be.
besides being commies, BoA has about the worst service of any big bank. but if what the owner says is true, they're going to end up paying him some money.
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
Yap I remember that. I dumped BOA 1 month ago.

Wifey did too, over a year ago from info I read here on the 'fire.

Gunner
Frost and Comerica are the worst most out of date banks I have ever used.

I dropped both due to their crappy online systems and teller services.

Comerica spent 6 weeks getting me a debit card and never got my online account to work.
I'm in no way taking up for BoA but there's a federal regulation concerning deposits to bank accounts I got caught up in. If you deposit an amount greater than a certain percent of what is already in your account the funds wil be held for 3(?) working days before being deposited. I had it happen to me and it was a US govt. check.
What do you expect from a bank that's headquartered in San Francisco? Home of Pelosi, Feinstein, Sodom & Gomorrah, and the Zodiac killer?
To he11 with banks, I haven't done business with a bank for 25 years I do everything through Credit Unions including my credit cards which are only used for internet purchases and emergencies.
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Suggestions???

Credit unions.

Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Cabela's Visa card

That's THE answer.
I stopped using my Bass Pro credit card because it was issued by Bank of America.......what is Bass Pro thinking?????
This doesn't pass the smell test.

If that guy recorded the conversation, BOA is going to be quite a bit poorer.
© 24hourcampfire