using children as sheilds. bastard
He's trying to be a black Mr. Rogers.

Surprised he didn't wear a sweater.

23 executive actions!!!!?????

Tyrant
Posted By: Siskiyous6 Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
I am not listening.
Posted By: Siskiyous6 Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Universal Background checks, have they stopped violence in CA?
Holder is clapping for a proposed ban on assault rifles and high cap mags.

Will he stop smuggling them across the border?

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Now playing the Regan card
lying bastard
more cops
Common sense measures and enjoy the support of the majority of the people.

WTF
pulling on the heart strings now...
"Not going to be easy"

...."difficult"

I don't think that they can even IMAGINE.

GTC
Posted By: bluesman Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
The "Big Nig" as I call him, thanks to the 1st Amendment,will do everything he can to destroy OUR nation. If his lips are moving he is lying. When will the American people impeach this piece of slime mold so that we all can once again live out our lives in what once was a great country, with real morals and the ability to honor our word, our pledge, and one another.

Terry
$500 million where's he getting that
Posted By: Foxbat Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Telling that this bullshyt is during the middle of the day when all Republicans are working and Democrats are home gathered around the TV.
Posted By: Stush Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
'Health care providers' to offer gun safety tips...

Thats my first stop for firearms related info - my internist

Looks like all his 23 executive actions amount to are ways to spend a quick $4.5 billion.

Oh yeah, and a plea for congress to renew the AWB and close the gun show 'loophole'.

I don't see either of those happening
Good luck [bleep] for the American people demanding this country wide ...he's delusional
We've got to look at ourselves and our hearts

SOB
Was the white boy on the end of the seats left out?

Dink
Posted By: Mako25 Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
I am not listening.

All I want to see are clips of Obama campaigning, and stating he head no designs on furthering gun control.

Standing on the graves of slain children will do what fast-and-furious didn't.

Buckle up, it's gunna get rough.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
What a POS he is.....
Who are the bozo's in the audience?
He said "endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights!"

Does he know what that means!

What a bunch of crap
You fellas gonna have a heart attack watching that stuff, turn him off...

Go throw the ball for the dog,...the particulars will show up soon enough on Drudge.!
Posted By: KR13 Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by stray round
He said "endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights!"

Does he know what that means!

What a bunch of crap

Nope
Originally Posted by DINK
Was the white boy on the end of the seats left out?

Dink

I think that is what they call a token.
Posted By: tzone Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Laughable....the kids on the street corner of Chicago. They're the ones doing the [bleep] shooting.... IN HIS [bleep] TOWN.

What an ass hole.

If he falls off the stage and breaks his neck, his brain function will still be the same.
WOW we have a new entry for an Academy award best actor
Ah, chit he's really getting soppy now.

Heartless bastid
Over with now.

Time to put Biden back into the rubber rooms.
oh [bleep] he's left handed. im cutting my left hand off
Posted By: rost495 Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
I won't listen, but I'll read later on...

As much as I hate to say it, this may be the time we finally have to draw that line in the sand and if it requires my blood, then so be it.
David Gregory is polishing his knob now.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Barackodile tears...
Ends,...."Thank you, I'm gonna' sign these orders."

[bleep] you, I ain't going to honor, or recognize em'.

GTC
Originally Posted by rockchucker
oh [bleep] he's left handed. im cutting my left hand off

Everything is left about him. Surprised he didn't sign it with his prehensile tail
he really do schit
Posted By: mikeymjr23 Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
The idiot in Chief...azzhole.
Posted By: Mntngoat Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
his 23 EO's http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-control/2013/01/16/obamas-23-executive-actions-guns

ML
Posted By: Redneck Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by tzone

What an ass hole.

If he falls off the stage and breaks his neck, .......

Don't tease me.....

mad

He can sign whatever he wants - I will not comply..
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Common sense measures and enjoy the support of the majority of the people sheeple.

WTF

Fixed it for you. wink
Wow, have lead my life trying to be an honest, hardworking, contributing memeber of society.

As of this moment, I'm a criminal.

[bleep] 'em.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
I can tell you right now. This is one LEO that will not enforce one single bit of this unconstitutional BS. I will stand side by side with my fellow neighbors/citizens and fight against this.

Posted By: isaac Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
======

What??
I love how this twisted man tries to pit the NRA against the American people. The NRA represents a large portion of the American people.
This one should scare the [bleep] out of intelligent people:

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
This one would be hilarious, if it wasn't so pathetic. Judicial Branch authority, a$$hole.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I can tell you right now. This is one LEO that will not enforce one single bit of this unconstitutional BS. I will stand side by side with my fellow neighbors/citizens and fight against this.

Thank you sir. I'm sure there are many more honorable LEO's like you who take their oath seriously.
Obama figure if you ain't with them, you don't count.

King George III would make a better president.
Originally Posted by Foxbat

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
This one would be hilarious, if it wasn't so pathetic. Judicial Branch authority, a$$hole.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

When I read that one the first thing I thought was, i'm not telling any freaking dr what I own, it's none of their gd business. mad
Originally Posted by Mako25
Wow, have lead my life trying to be an honest, hardworking, contributing memeber of society.

[bleep] 'em.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
No, you're not a criminal. Chasing chicks half your age isn't illegal...yet. Read the laundry list of executive orders referenced here or on Calhoun's thread. They amount to nothing with some of them having to be redundant. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for them, but it's mainly a big show and probably to take your mind off the bigger picture. "The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing."

IOW he didn't enact any registration. He didn't enact background checks. He didn't outlaw private sales or make them go through a dealer. He didn't enact a new AWB. He mainly did a bunch of lame shixt that has to already be going on anyway and suggested and/or mandated a bunch of new ways to spend money.

One thing...I'm telling you guys, you DON'T want to push our gun problems off onto mental health. You also don't want to give the libs leave to spend more unnecessary money on guards in the schools. Next thing you know you'll have Homeland Security in every school spending their spare time chatting with your kids about what guns you have and where they're located. Call me a tinfoiler if you want, but be advised, compromise and stopgap measures are what got us into this whole mess. Don't let your elected officials bargain your rights away. Stand up for our kids. Remember, if it saves just one gun...
Posted By: add Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by RISJR
======

What??

Don't refuse the case.

Thanks.
No need to thank me, but I do appreciate it anyways. I took an oath when I joined the Infantry and again when I put on a tin star. Protect and defend the Constitution against ALL ENEMIES FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC.

======

What??
Mako's talkin' about that time he jaywalked back in 1962 when he was like, fifty years old. It's still botherin' him.
Did anyone catch that he was all abut the assault weapon and big "clips" used in Colorado but never said a word about the same gun that was supposedly used at Sandy Hook? Makes me wonder about the gun at Sandy Hook.

I getting my tin foil out.

Dink
IOW he didn't enact any registration. He didn't enact background checks. He didn't outlaw private sales or make them go through a dealer. He didn't enact a new AWB. He mainly did a bunch of lame shixt that has to already be going on anyway and suggested and/or mandated a bunch of new ways to spend money.
============

Hmmm...let me go back and check exactly who those few are who said exactly that while many were drawing battle plans to charge up that Hill!
Posted By: kenai Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
All he did was increase NRA membership by about 20% and the ensuing panic put MILLIONS more weapons on the street. What a dip s h i t
No, you're not a criminal. Chasing chicks half your age isn't illegal...yet.

No clue what that's in reference to.

Read the laundry list of executive orders referenced here or on Calhoun's thread.

You made an assumption - and quite incorrectly at that.

Posted By: temmi Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
======

What??

Not yet...

Soon maybe buy not yet
Mako's talkin' about that time he jaywalked back in 1962 when he was like, fifty years old. It's still botherin' him.

My, somebody's full of themself today.

Tell ya what, when I want you to speak for me - I'll let ya know.
Posted By: rattler Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

One thing...I'm telling you guys, you DON'T want to push our gun problems off onto mental health.

yeah no chit, one of the first groups to loose them is anyone that is depressed and according to most docs EVERYONE in chronic pain is depressed which means guys like ScottF, safariman, myself and others here will loose our guns real quick just cause we hurt.....
No, you're not a criminal. Chasing chicks half your age isn't illegal...yet.

No clue what that's in reference to.

Read the laundry list of executive orders referenced here or on Calhoun's thread.

You made an assumption - and quite incorrectly at that.

I'm just ribbin' you my friend. I'm sorry if it was offensive. It was a joke, as was the quip about jaywalking. I don't view you as much of an outlaw. As to reading Calhoun's list of EO's, I assumed you hadn't.
This is the most dangerous EO of the lot. This is how the DOJ can restrict gun ownership to political enemies through regulation.

Ex or retired military who once sought counseling for PTSD? No guns for you, you're a mental health risk.

Went to your MD once when you wife died for a prescription for depression? How about an anxiety script for stress when your company was laying off? Your not passing the comprehensive background check, buddy. You're a mental health risk.

Posted By: PAMac Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

When I read that one the first thing I thought was, i'm not telling any freaking dr what I own, it's none of their gd business. mad

If a doc or any of their staff asks......they aren't getting to treat my germs....
============

Hmmm...let me go back and check exactly who those few are who said exactly that while many were drawing battle plans to charge up that Hill!

The east and west coast state legislatures will do more damage to us. I should say the North-east states from Maryland north.

Doc
Originally Posted by rattler

One thing...I'm telling you guys, you DON'T want to push our gun problems off onto mental health.

yeah no chit, one of the first groups to loose them is anyone that is depressed and according to most docs EVERYONE in chronic pain is depressed which means guys like ScottF, safariman, myself and others here will loose our guns real quick just cause we hurt.....
That's just the tip of the iceberg. I've been pleading, cajoling, yelling, preaching etc. but I thought it was falling on deaf ears. I've got some experience in the field and I can say with some certainty that it is overall more liberal than the field of education which many here seem to hate. You don't want those folks making up or enforcing the rules on who gets guns and who doesn't. Policing the schools on our own by clearing the pathways for honest gun owners to carry in gun free zones is the way to go.
I am just as paranoid as the next guy, but I didn't see anything in that list that seemed that alarming...?
Well Obama seems to have drawn more idiots out of the corner.
These people really don't have a clue.

"Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the chamber's senior Democrat, said his home state of Vermont, which has a strong tradition of gun rights, has a rule limiting hunters using semiautomatic rifles to just six rounds of ammunition during deer-hunting seasons.

"Are we really saying as a nation we're going to be more protective of the deer than we are of our children? I think not," he said.Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the chamber's senior Democrat, said his home state of Vermont, which has a strong tradition of gun rights, has a rule limiting hunters using semiautomatic rifles to just six rounds of ammunition during deer-hunting seasons.

"Are we really saying as a nation we're going to be more protective of the deer than we are of our children? I think not," he said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...-guns-treat-children-better-deer/#ixzz2I

Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I am just as paranoid as the next guy, but I didn't see anything in that list that seemed that alarming...?

If you're not alarmed by #4, you're far too trusting.

You don't have to ban guns, if you can decide which people are a too "risky" to own them.

Posted By: DownWind Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Y'all will need to watch what you post now! Half the chit posted here would make the poster a mental risk.

Catman ... hide your guns dooooood. You're #1 on the list. grin

[Linked Image]

wink
I don't know ANYONE that can say they've never been depressed in one way or another.

That is a slope that needs to be addressed to an extent, but a VERY SLIPPERY one at best.

Bottom line they are not after gun control but people control. No people control no communism. The question then is have they indoctrinated enough sheeple to finally allow this thing to slide off the cliff and start its free fall, or are there enough patriots left to stand up and say nope.

Never mind the fact you can NOT protect everyone against everything. Kinda why in the old west they all carried firearms, you just never knew and they at least had the personal responsibility to care for their own and themselves. And it wasn't illegal at the time.

Just think a bit, at any given time most choices of defense are the MOST modern ones out there, simply because the criminals will have the same. Meeting a gangbanger with a glock 40(boy I hate that generilization for some reason) wiht a brown bess just ain't gonna cut it.

At least after the enactment of all this, all the criminals and insane will turn themselves and their weapons in.....You only have to look at our prison system to see a place where you never see a weapon or a murder or assualt, since all of the above are simply strictly forbidden by law....

"Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the chamber's senior Democrat, said his home state of Vermont, which has a strong tradition of gun rights, has a rule limiting hunters using semiautomatic rifles to just six rounds of ammunition during deer-hunting seasons.

"Are we really saying as a nation we're going to be more protective of the deer than we are of our children? I think not," he said.Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, the chamber's senior Democrat, said his home state of Vermont, which has a strong tradition of gun rights, has a rule limiting hunters using semiautomatic rifles to just six rounds of ammunition during deer-hunting seasons.

"Are we really saying as a nation we're going to be more protective of the deer than we are of our children? I think not," he said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...-guns-treat-children-better-deer/#ixzz2I

When will they ever get it through their thick skulls that the 2nd A isn't about hunting? mad
Posted By: bruinruin Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
This is the most dangerous EO of the lot. This is how the DOJ can restrict gun ownership to political enemies through regulation.

Ex or retired military who once sought counseling for PTSD? No guns for you, you're a mental health risk.

Went to your MD once when you wife died for a prescription for depression? How about an anxiety script for stress when your company was laying off? Your not passing the comprehensive background check, buddy. You're a mental health risk.

I agree. Even before recent events and this particular EO, a person's mental health condition could be used against him/her.

One example I'm aware of happened near here several years ago.
A friend of a co-worker was at a popular local summer celebration when a catastrophic fireworks explosion took place. IIRC, at least one person was killed and at least another lost a limb. It was this same limb that struck my co-worker's friend, causing PTSD.

He sought treatment for his condition and subsequently lost his State issued CCW.

Foxbat is absolutely right on this. It's happened before and could be a very useful tool for this administration.
============

Be advised, if you thought that's what I meant when I made my "line in the sand" statement, you were sorely mistaken. I have nor had any plans like you're speaking of. I urge non-violent means towards keeping ALL our gun rights intact. I can speak for nobody but myself. I've preached about not going down the mental health road on this subject for a month now and related to that, I think anybody "drawing up battle plans" is just asking to be a beta tester for the bi-partisan commitment laws that the government is just bound to pass since so many seem to want them.

Definitions and implementation is what needs to be watched closely. While I'd agree that most of this looks pretty innocuous there's a few that have the potential to be abused.

Mr Patrick Leahy(prick that you are)

Since when do deer shoot back? [bleep].
This is the most dangerous EO of the lot.

Simply a point of debarkation.

NY is leading the way, CA will follow, then MI, IL, MA,.......

The immediate goal being to make illegal, all but single shot, or low capability firearms - that will attempted state-by-state.

The template is the same as the offensive launched on big tobacco, and big oil. Sway public opinion, make manufacturers of firearms responsible for their use, tax the hell out of firearms, and components to load 'em, thereby creating a defacto ban.

People won't be able to afford to buy, or use 'em, and manufacturers will be bankrupted.

Gladened the EO's weren't worse, but fully understand, it's just the beginning.

I've seen it before (so have you).
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
I was quite happy with the press conference. Dealing with the annointed one is another story. You could point out him contradicting, outright lies, and so on. But it reminds me of elephants mating, a lot of smoke but not much action. In reading those 23 points of executive action, a lot of smoke. The REAL nasty stuff has to get by congress, which is a whole different story. The feeling i get is they don't want to go there, that is the congress critters. There is that bothersome run using health care professionals. I had to recently complete a form questionaire for the health care chain my doctor works for, and there were some questions on there, not gun related, that i just didn't think i needed to answer.
I think thaalso would be applicable for anybody that actually owned firearms. I don't like that road on using psych on gun related matters. No one wants a psycho to own guns or use them, but you are on a slippery slope. As others here have pointed out.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
============

that

You don't have to ban guns, if you can decide which people are a too "risky" to own them.

===============

It's a review FB,nothing more.

The actual health care law can't be modified without Congressional approval,especially from the funding end.

The NRA and other gun lobbying groups shut it down before and they will now. How many doctors do you really think are 1. going to ask? and 2. turn away insurance money if the patient refuses to ask?

Obama's blather today was about as vanilla as it gets,as predicted.

It goes to the Senate now where much will die a unnatural deathn and then the House will further hammer on the Senate's weaknesses.

Not even close to being all said and done.
Posted By: DownWind Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13

Or is the bag limit more than one. Does this mean if we want to defend ourselves and pop a bad guy, we'll need a tag and if there's more than one (highly likely) we're SOL. Patrick Leahy is saving brain cells for something. Definitely not the gun issue.
Posted By: greydog Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
You know, while I am in almost total disagreement, philosophically, with everything the President is saying, at least he is making a reasoned argument. This is in sharp contrast to the knee-jerk ranting I see here.
In Canada, the arguments were almost reversed. The gun control advocates often came across as foaming-at-the-mouth zealots while the gun owners and shooters mostly took the reasoned approach. I doubt that it made much difference in the outcome in either case but it always feels better to be associated with the high road.
The US is going to end up with some sort of background check/ licensing system at some point. I believe this will happen whether or not the NRA rails against it. I'll give you my take on this.
If the NRA, and gun owners in general, accept that this is to occur, it then makes some sense to make it make sense. For instance: There is no reason a firearms licensing system should not be tied to the passport issuance system through the State Department. After all, anyone who is not stable enough to be trusted with firearms does not desrve a passport. Conversely, if you qualify for a passport, you qualify for a firearms license. The only time the two would not be tied together would be in the case of legal resident immigrants whose firearms license would tied to their immigration papers. After all. if a person isn't trustworthy enough to be allowed the right to keep and bear arms, he is not trustworthy enough to be allowed to immigrate.
In both cases, this means the mechanism for the issuance of the license is largely already in place so that the country might be able to avoid adding yet another bureacracy to the already-overloaded US economy.
I think gunowners should, at the same time try to get something in trade for acquiescing to the licensing requirement. The something they should try for is the rescinding of the out-of-state buyer and mailorder restrictions. I can't believe the NRA has not pushed for this before.
On the "assault weapons" ban. The NRA has to be more forceful in pointing out that the purpose of the second ammendment is to garantee the ability of the citizens to protect the nation or, if necessary, defend the nation against tyranny. Assault-type rifles may be the best tool for the purpose.
High capacity magazines. You know what? If the time comes that you actually NEED a high capacity magazine, it isn't going to matter whether or not it is legal. There will always be plenty around. The restriction is stupid and absolutely ineffective but it is truly not a big deal. I know a guy who lives where high capacity magazines are prohibited yet he has a bucket full of them under his workbench; just in case. Not a big deal.
Gunowners will be much better served by entering into a rational discussion rather than engaging in the stupid ranting we see all too often. After all, we wouldn't be in this mess if nutcases were not getting hold of guns and using them to kill people. Proactivity and an attempt to portray a positive image will do a lot for gunowners in America. I don't think name-calling and vitriol does all that much good; even on a forum like this where much of the audience is receptive. GD
[/quote]That's just the tip of the iceberg. [/quote]
That's the tip of something. Not sure about icebergs.
Originally Posted by guyandarifle

Definitions and implementation is what needs to be watched closely. While I'd agree that most of this looks pretty innocuous there's a few that have the potential to be abused.
If 4,14, 5 and 16 don't scare the [bleep] out of you to start with, then you've drank a bit too much of the koolaid. AT least IMHO. 5 can lead to indirect registration, and what is the purpose to sieze a weapon? Because I'm a CHL and you stopped me and you wanted to hold it while we talked? Now I can't get the gun back until when? Possibly days?

some of this has to be unconstitutional. Hell any infringement really is for the most part.
The real question is who doesn't have mental issues?

Everytime I hear about the military suicide rates, PTSD,divorce rates, etc. we are probably getting closer to eliminating private ownership due to mental issues.

If you P.O. your employer, girlfriend, wife, ex, will they be able to call a hotline and get your guns taken away or at the very least a mental eval?

===============

The actual can't be modified without Congressional approval,especially from the funding end.

The NRA and other gun lobbying groups shut it down before and they will now. How many doctors do you really think are 1. going to ask? and 2. turn away insurance money if the patient refuses to ask?

It goes to the Senate now where much will die a unnatural deathn and then the House will further hammer on the Senate's weaknesses.

#4 is like the "no fly list". It's innocuous by itself and well intentioned in theory, but you know as well as anyone, he who decides definitions, through regulatory authority, has the ability to change intention to the unintentional.

This is the most dangerous EO of the lot.

Simply a point of debarkation.

NY is leading the way, CA will follow, then MI, IL, MA,.......

The immediate goal being to make illegal, all but single shot, or low capability firearms - that will attempted state-by-state.

The template is the same as the offensive launched on big tobacco, and big oil. Sway public opinion, make manufacturers of firearms responsible for their use, tax the hell out of firearms, and components to load 'em, thereby creating a defacto ban.

People won't be able to afford to buy, or use 'em, and manufacturers will be bankrupted.

Gladened the EO's weren't worse, but fully understand, it's just the beginning.

I've seen it before (so have you).
Exactly. The thing was/is insidious but thankfully, not immediately threatening as in somebody at your door or the black helicopters circling your farm.
Yeah, six rounds for a one deer bag limit, so if you are allowed to shoot more people do you get a bigger magazine? miles
Originally Posted by DownWind

Or is the bag limit more than one. Does this mean if we want to defend ourselves and pop a bad guy, we'll need a tag and if there's more than one (highly likely) we're SOL. Patrick Leahy is saving brain cells for something. Definitely not the gun issue.

Certainly never seen what 20 feral hogs can do to your pasture or tried to remove as many as possible before they got away.

And I read it taht they want it down to single shots.... in some states... but does ANYONE realize that hunting is NOT protected ANYWHERE in the constitution unless right to pursuit of happiness? By God if I can't hunt or competitive shoot I'm not happy. Wonder how stupid the NTT match at Perry would look like with no 20 or 30 round mags....

if ya can't tell I'm a past a bit ticked off at the arrogance of this administration who can all go to hell.
Originally Posted by KR13

That's the tip of something. Not sure about icebergs.
We probably missed stepping in the cow flop today, but it's still laying there right in the trail, in the way, and it still stinks. Perhaps it will dry out and then Harry Reid will pick it up and fling it away or Holder will think it looks good and eat it.
Originally Posted by greydog
You know, while I am in almost total disagreement, philosophically, with everything the President is saying, at least he is making a reasoned argument. This is in sharp contrast to the knee-jerk ranting I see here. GD

That is the scary part, you and others will be pacified by the "purring of tigers."

This is chess and not checkers, there are intents behind each one of the executive orders and intent for expansion.
Be advised, if you thought that's what I meant when I made my "line in the sand" statement, you were sorely mistaken.
============

OK. When you said live or die by your line drawn in the sand, I didn't know of any other way of interpreting it.
Posted By: T LEE Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
No need to thank me, but I do appreciate it anyways. I took an oath when I joined the Infantry and again when I put on a tin star. Protect and defend the Constitution against ALL ENEMIES FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC.

As did I, and I too will stand by it, it has NOT been rescinded, in fact I renewed the "Tin Star" one just a week ago.
Posted By: Scott F Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by rost495
I don't know ANYONE that can say they've never been depressed in one way or another.

That is a slope that needs to be addressed to an extent, but a VERY SLIPPERY one at best.

My doctor told me that over 50% of this country are on antidepressants or antianxiety medication. I take a small dose twice a day.

This don't look good for gun owners. Hell, these laws and all this talk about taking away our God given right is enough to make us anxious and depressed.

===============

The actual can't be modified without Congressional approval,especially from the funding end.

#4 is like the "no fly list". It's innocuous by itself and well intentioned in theory, but you know as well as anyone, he who decides definitions, through regulatory authority, has the ability to change intention to the unintentional.

===============

Sure, but Eric Holder doesn't make law. He can suggest recommendations after his review.

I'm sure you have a good idea as to what the House will do with that recommendation.
Posted By: T LEE Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Damn, I better turn in my scrip for atavan that I take some nights as a sleep aid.
Be advised, if you thought that's what I meant when I made my "line in the sand" statement, you were sorely mistaken.
============

OK. When you said live or die by your line drawn in the sand, I didn't know of any other way of interpreting it.
The way of interpreting it is just what I and others have said repeatedly. We can't let our right be piecemealed away. It was all there in the context of the thread. I've never advocated any "charge up the hill". I've always advocated holding our elected officials' feet to the fire and doing all within our means to non-violently force them to do their jobs rather than take away our rights. If you don't believe me, go back and read my words again. I've never varied since this whole thing began about a month ago and even before that have said the same thing. No compromise.

If you want another example of me counseling for seeking out ways to keep our precious 2nd Amendment right without anything resembling violence, go read this thread from a week or two back.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7272471/2

And I'm definitely not accusing anybody else of advocating violence or lawbreaking.
All he did today was take a 5gal bucket of peanut oil and pour it all over an already slippery slope. At the bottom of that slope is a nice steaming pile of dung the left has been piling up for years.
Gunowners will be much better served by entering into a rational discussion rather than engaging in the stupid ranting we see all too often.

Pure, unadulterated Bullchit,

THIS !.......

To our enemies, we have drawn our line in the sand, don�t cross it.

We are done debating about our rights, they are ours, we don�t want to hear it. There is no negotiation, no compromise, and no conversation to be had. If you want to have these conversations, you�re our enemy.

There is no such thing common sense gun control, there is no such thing as an evil gun, and there is no such thing as being for the second amendment and wanting to burden law abiding citizens with draconian gun control. The second amendment is not about hunting, it is not about sports shooting, it is not about what type of guns you own, and it is not about what type of weapons were around when the Bill of Rights was penned. If you want to spread these lies, you�re our enemy.

Thomas Jefferson once said �The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.� If you want these things you're the tyrants he spoke of, you�re our enemy, we are patriots he spoke of, we are Americans.

The line has been drawn, don�t cross it.

Heavywalker
Originally Posted by guyandarifle

If 4,14, 5 and 16 don't scare the [bleep] out of you to start with, then you've drank a bit too much of the koolaid. AT least IMHO. 5 can lead to indirect registration, and what is the purpose to sieze a weapon? Because I'm a CHL and you stopped me and you wanted to hold it while we talked? Now I can't get the gun back until when? Possibly days?

some of this has to be unconstitutional. Hell any infringement really is for the most part.

I'd agree those are the ones most people take note of first.

Sure, but Eric Holder doesn't make law. He can suggest recommendations after his review.

I'm sure you have a good idea as to what the House will do with that recommendation.

Yeah, my concern is more as to what the CDC and DOJ can do in conjunction with current and potential new legislation.

Mental Health is obviously the end around they are after, and there is a good chance they can get Congress to agree to some sensible legislation on curtailing weapons sales to individuals deemed mentally unstable.

Now, if you don't define "mentally unstable" very specifically or have to ability to clarify the definition.....
I think the two best things that come out of today is the 1. NRA and our legislators just breathed a huge sigh of relief and 2. the prices of ARs on the gun auction sites are going to begin their price reductions.

I hope not too many folks paid 3K for a 900 dollar rifle the past month.
Posted By: NathanL Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
I fail to see where people are getting such a warm feeling from their congressman that actual legislation might not pass in one way or the other? There's no predicting what might get stuck in a bill that is going to pass no matter what, a poison pill so to speak.
I disagree.

It isn't time for anyone to take a breath of relief.
This is just the beginning.

We must really gear up for a fight against impending legislation.
Many will cave right now.
I disagree.

It isn't time for anyone to take a breath of relief.
This is just the beginning.

We must really gear up for a fight against impending legislation.
Many will cave right now.
Bingo.
Posted By: RickyD Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
And that is what alarms me.
Posted By: rattler Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by Scott F

My doctor told me that over 50% of this country are on antidepressants or antianxiety medication. I take a small dose twice a day.

This don't look good for gun owners. Hell, these laws and all this talk about taking away our God given right is enough to make us anxious and depressed.

most chronic pain patients are on atleast a small dose because alot of these drugs in small doses seem to affect the pain center of the brain.....the dose im on really does nothing to improve my mood except second hand through pain relief......its a small enough dose that it doesnt work as a mood enhancer but it does help scramble the "pain highways" in my brain.....
Posted By: atvalaska Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
SOME GOOD FOLKS ON HERE.... MUST HAVE MISS THE LAST ELECTIONS.... the so called talking heads in the meida aint on "our side"...this is an up hill battle.
Posted By: deflave Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
That whole press conference was fluff.

Nothing more than him washing his hands of it all. He affirmed his already anti-gun position, and that's all he wanted to accomplish.

Now we have more time to hammer our representatives and our senators and throw money at the NRA.

Travis
Posted By: HankStone Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13
Myself I was biting my toenails when the Tribal Chief was finely finished..
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Gunowners will be much better served by entering into a rational discussion rather than engaging in the stupid ranting we see all too often.

Pure, unadulterated Bullchit,

THIS !.......

To our enemies, we have drawn our line in the sand, don�t cross it.

We are done debating about our rights, they are ours, we don�t want to hear it. There is no negotiation, no compromise, and no conversation to be had. If you want to have these conversations, you�re our enemy.

There is no such thing common sense gun control, there is no such thing as an evil gun, and there is no such thing as being for the second amendment and wanting to burden law abiding citizens with draconian gun control. The second amendment is not about hunting, it is not about sports shooting, it is not about what type of guns you own, and it is not about what type of weapons were around when the Bill of Rights was penned. If you want to spread these lies, you�re our enemy.

Thomas Jefferson once said �The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.� If you want these things you're the tyrants he spoke of, you�re our enemy, we are patriots he spoke of, we are Americans.

The line has been drawn, don�t cross it.

Heavywalker

A rational discussion would be great if the other side would agree to it. Maybe if you could convince them to put down the Alinsky playbook and sit down for a logical conversation without accusing gun owners of not caring about the children we could get somewhere. The problem is it's not about the children. It's about a power grab. If it was about safety and they really and truly believed it was, they would have done this before the election. They would of stood up and said that they were willing to put their jobs on the line for the American people. If they thought that this was what it would take to be safe and they didn't do it for political reasons then they are the worst kind of human.
Posted By: deflave Re: the king is speaking... - 01/16/13

Are you joking? I don't have any friends that have been depressed. And if I did, I'd tell them to hit the [bleep] road.

Travis
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
============

The east and west coast state legislatures will do more damage to us. I should say the North-east states from Maryland north.

Doc

I doubt that any new state gun control measures will pass in Pa.
Originally Posted by deflave

Nothing more than him washing his hands of it all. He affirmed his already anti-gun position, and that's all he wanted to accomplish.

Now we have more time to hammer our representatives and our senators and throw money at the NRA.

Travis

+1
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

=============

Some folks understand the reality.
Policing the schools on our own by clearing the pathways for honest gun owners to carry in gun free zones is the way to go.
Exactly right.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

When will they ever get it through their thick skulls that the 2nd A isn't about hunting? mad
We need a law that makes it a finable offense for a politician to refer to hunting and the Second Amendment in the same sentence.
© 24hourcampfire