Home
Posted By: Soulfly Gold Rush - 01/26/13
So I'm watching this show and this year the Hoffman crew spent big bucks on this fancy turbo tramel machine. The problem is it was delivered late and broke down almost immediately.

I am supprised by this because if your a small businessmen with a chance to show your product on the fricken discovery channel with millions watching wouldn't you make dang sure it works? And if there was an issue wouldn't you go out of your way to fix it?

Best part is that this same guy instructed the miners where to dig, they found nothing in that location. I don't think Id be talking to that feller ever again except to get my money back for his broken machine.

Sheesh
Posted By: Smokeone Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
It's tv, gotta keep it interesting. Of course if it happened exactly as shown, I would get my money back, or
Posted By: NathanL Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
You don't make money mining the ground, you make money mining the investors (or in this case the sponsors).
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
That show is like a massive car wreck. Sometimes you can't help it watch just to see the carnage.
Posted By: 30378 Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
Too much emotion and drama!
Posted By: Calvin Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
I'm guessing the find way more than they'd show on tv.. no way they could keep that place running on what they'd show.

The guy at Parkers place slipped up and said a "multi-million dollar operation. If they showed all the gold, they'd create a new gold rush..(hint)
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
That show is like a massive car wreck. Sometimes you can't help it watch just to see the carnage.

Very true, I do love carnage
Originally Posted by NathanL
You don't make money mining the ground, you make money mining the investors (or in this case the sponsors).

Funny coincidence, I just herd Parker say he was going to get in his POLARIS RANGER and go somewhere. That thing just showed up a couple weeks ago, guess he's hit paydirt?
Posted By: okok Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
I like Dakota Fred. grin
Ya that old sob can fix anything with a torch and some scrap steel. Then steal your claim right out from under ya
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
I love the show. And to my surprise, my best high school buddy was on it a couple times!
Posted By: okok Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
Originally Posted by Soulfly
Ya that old sob can fix anything with a torch and some scrap steel. Then steal your claim right out from under ya

lol
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
I don't like Dakota Fred. I think he's a chicken s-h-i-t. He stole the claim out from under the Hoffman's. This season he asks Parker to dig them out of the snow but when Parker needs to use/buy the electrical control panel----Dakota says he doesn't loan out equipment. Parker was SOL. Plus add in the bridge BS.

Posted By: ppine Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
I used to work with gold mining companies a lot. Most commercial operations in the US are open pit surface mines with a few undergoudn ones. In the NOrth placer operations are still common. Finding gold is a lot more difficult than people realize. The Hoffman crew on this TV show are a bunch of sad losers with little common sense. They started with no experience. They are a case study in how to lose money. There would have never been a second season without money from the TV show.
Posted By: Boise Re: Gold Rush - 01/26/13
I have always found it pretty easy to find gold in the few places I looked in Idaho. Problem was a flake here or there doesn't result in a payoff.

Learned from an old prospector to look for gold were others had already found it. And no, I wasn't jumping claims.
© 24hourcampfire